Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,375 members, 7,826,472 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 (15629 Views)

Anambra Commences N50bn Trade Centre Construction / Proposed West Africa Trade Centre To Be Sited At Onitsha / The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by Guapo(m): 1:30pm On Dec 11, 2012
“The FCT Administration is partnering with the Churchgate Group to build one of the gigantic structures in Africa – the World Trade Centre”, the Minister of FCT, Bala Mohammed announced this at the construction site of the project in Abuja during inspection by the media and the civil society on day 3 of the National Good Governance Tour.

He said that the project is a practical demonstration of the administration’s drive to attract more foreign direct investment to the FCT, noting that when completed, the edifice would be the tallest building on the African continent with facilities like office accommodation, entertainment and recreational facilities, world-class conference room, shopping mall, service apartments, among others.

The Minister of FCT explained that in accordance with the existing PPP partnership agreement, the FCT administration did provide the land for
the private sector to only engage in the construction of the edifice.

Also speaking, Information Minister, Labaran Maku disclosed that the project is a milestone in the present administration’s drive to advance the course of development in the FCT. He enjoined the media to keep up the promotion of awareness on the developmental strides of Government, in order to attract more foreign direct investments that would add value to the life of Nigerian citizens. “The World Trade Centre Project, he said, covers about 62,000 square meters and will consist of a twin tower of thirty seven floors and three basements. Adding, it is currently providing employment for about one thousand people working at the construction site. The project is being executed at a cost of $1.2billion.

Source:Federal Ministry of Information; http://fmi.gov.ng/nigerian-world-trade-centre-is-estimated-tallest-building-in-africa-fct-minister/

Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by Guapo(m): 1:36pm On Dec 11, 2012
The Churchgate group successfully negotiated the rights to the World Trade Center licence for real estate initiatives in the capital city of Nigeria; and now Abuja’s new landmark destination, that will be the commercial and residential jewel of Africa, has already commenced construction.

Churchgate has been a driving force of corporate activity in Nigeria for over 40 years; “the group has always reflected the spirit of the times” says Vinay Mahtani, Churchgate’s group Managing director. he adds; “and we are proud that the WTC Abuja will represent a true celebration of Nigeria’s economic progress”.

Churchgate has already developed and currently operates Churchgate Towers l & 2 on Victoria Island as well as the Churchgate Plaza in Abuja. The existing tenants that enjoy these luxury office spaces are amongst the Fortune 500 companies of the world. A Churchgate Tower 3 is in the planning stages for Victoria Island adjacent to its two sister towers.

Churchgate has also acquired a historical landsite on Victoria Island on which it intends on developing The Grand Hyatt Hotel and Residences. This 5 star hotel will be poised as one of the most important landmarks in Lagos. This former site of the Australian embassy is located adjacent to major roadways and the hotel will accommodate 400 upscale suites and 149 ultra luxurious residences; the residences will be grand in size and the proud owners will benefit from many of the hotel amenities and services that The Grand Hyatt will offer.

“The proposed building site for the World Trade Center on Constitution Avenue will be the premier address in Nigeria for retail, office space and residential” claims David Belinko, who is Churchgate’s Chief Marketing Officer. “The master plan provides for areas of public gathering, services and amenities unlike anything Nigeria has ever experienced and will rank amongst the most desirable locations to live and work on the continent”.

The site boasts of a sense of arrival with magnificent landscaping; the landscape architects on the project took full advantage of the topography to create a 100% secure environment.

The first WTC Residence by Churchgate will comprise of only 133 residential units which should sell out very quickly due to their unique nature, the present scarcity of upscale residences and of course their unbeatable location.

The World Trade Center in Abuja will integrate superbly with the city and the rest of the country. Both local and national train stations are currently under construction are adjacent to the WTC site.

With the proposed 40,000 Sq. Meters of shopping in the new Capital Mall, a branded hotel, twin tower office space for the corporations of the world, and a real-estate component, the World Trade Center in Abuja has something for everyone and will surely satisfy the commercial and lifestyle needs of its future occupants and clientele. Located on Constitution Avenue across from the prestigious Churchgate Plaza. Completion scheduled for 2013.
Source: CHURCHGATE; http://churchgate.com/wtc-abuja-nigeria/

Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by miteolu(m): 1:39pm On Dec 11, 2012
Wetin we go sell or but there
Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by RedLight1: 1:42pm On Dec 11, 2012
miteolu: Wetin we go sell or but there
pop corn and suya with alomo

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by Guapo(m): 1:42pm On Dec 11, 2012
go to the official website of the WTC for more pics. http://wtcabuja.com/gallery/ cool

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 1:43pm On Dec 11, 2012
They should sha keep bokoharam out of that place. 9/11 is still fresh in our memories.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by Guapo(m): 1:43pm On Dec 11, 2012
miteolu: Wetin we go sell or but there
cocoyam and plantain chips cheesy
Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by manny4life(m): 1:45pm On Dec 11, 2012
Good development, however, the article failed to deliver "other than random definition of WTC", what's their niche objective of the center. Having malls, restaurants, etc shouldn't be reason why govt is partnering a $1.2billion project, BTW, how much is the govt spending on this project - cash/kind ?
Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by manny4life(m): 1:47pm On Dec 11, 2012
afam4eva: They should sha keep bokoharam out of that place. 9/11 is still fresh in our memories.

You lost someone on 9/11 ? embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

You right, 9/11 brings tears to a lot of people... I'm sure GEJ is on top of the situation.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by begwong: 1:47pm On Dec 11, 2012
ok
Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by ikennaya(m): 1:48pm On Dec 11, 2012
I'v oready paid 4 my room there..sleeping things cus i no know wetin we go dy sel 4 there...Bt welcom development

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by 9jii(m): 1:50pm On Dec 11, 2012
Is a better idea than spending billions on building houses n halls,for thieves to hide n plan.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by Guapo(m): 1:50pm On Dec 11, 2012
project as at November 2012
Source: http://wtcabuja.com/gallery/

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by Sunymoore(m): 1:54pm On Dec 11, 2012
They could have call it Nigeria's loot centre
Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by Guapo(m): 1:55pm On Dec 11, 2012
manny4life: Good development, however, the article failed to deliver "other than random definition of WTC", what's their niche objective of the center. Having malls, restaurants, etc shouldn't be reason why govt is partnering a $1.2billion project, BTW, how much is the govt spending on this project - cash/kind ?
"The Minister of FCT explained that in accordance with the existing PPP partnership agreement, the FCT administration did provide the land for
the private sector to only engage in the construction of the edifice."
Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by dejgan: 1:57pm On Dec 11, 2012
@Guapo...Burj Khalifa the tallest building in the world built in Dubai was completed in 2010 with 163 floors with 46 maintenance floors at 1.5B Dollars. GEJ and his co-looters are building a 37floor twin tower at 1.2B Dollars and they are celebrating...ok o!

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by Chiddysville(m): 2:09pm On Dec 11, 2012
dejgan: @Guapo...Burj Khalifa the tallest building in the world built in Dubai was completed in 2010 with 163 floors with 46 maintenance floors at 1.5B Dollars. GEJ and his co-looters are building a 37floor twin tower at 1.2B Dollars and they are celebrating...ok o!
will you keep shut. your papa money dey there?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by slimchimex(m): 2:14pm On Dec 11, 2012
good development by GEJ...pls any house in NL cos i'll be relocating to abj soon...
Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by Guapo(m): 2:15pm On Dec 11, 2012
dejgan: @Guapo...Burj Khalifa the tallest building in the world built in Dubai was completed in 2010 with 163 floors with 46 maintenance floors at 1.5B Dollars. GEJ and his co-looters are building a 37floor twin tower at 1.2B Dollars and they are celebrating...ok o!
Check the first post mate! Its not just the construction of a single building, its that of eight different buildings with a signature tower of 37 floors. Its not a GEJ project but that of Churchgate. Gerrit? smiley

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by Guapo(m): 2:16pm On Dec 11, 2012
Chiddysville:
grin embarassed
Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by salolo(m): 2:17pm On Dec 11, 2012
smiley angry sad
Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by jimino(m): 2:19pm On Dec 11, 2012
Ok oooo. Lets see hw far dey wil go
Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by Nobody: 2:22pm On Dec 11, 2012
Chiddysville:
You f00l,whose money is there if not our collective national resources?brain-damaged idi0t.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by aglomar: 2:24pm On Dec 11, 2012
When there are no electricity or good road. How will this affect d common man?
Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by moderatorr: 2:24pm On Dec 11, 2012
Most huge buildings in abuja are virtually empty from the 3rd floor.
So what will be happening in all the 34 out of 37 floors?
9/11; alqaeda flew a boeing into the US world Trade Center.
If care is not taken, boko haram will drive keke na pepsa into this one, or that helicopter that that unijos student built out of scrap. (Who teach boko haram how to drive plane?)

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by Nobody: 2:30pm On Dec 11, 2012
Residential? I'm not sure if nigerians are used to living in high-rise buildings. Not being pessimistic or whatever, but I'm yet to find a reason why this building won't be half empty for a long time.
Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by Guapo(m): 2:34pm On Dec 11, 2012
I wish some structure of the substance of the London Shard is built in Lagos soon. I pass by the Shard daily wishing it could be moved to naija. undecided Nigeria needs to step up from the 50m height tradition and do something crazy, something like a 500m. cool

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by somegirl1: 2:35pm On Dec 11, 2012
...that will be mis-managed and under-maintained eventually
Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by manny4life(m): 2:39pm On Dec 11, 2012
Guapo:
Check the first post mate! Its not just the construction of a single building, its that of eight different buildings with a signature tower of 37 floors. Its not a GEJ project but that of Churchgate. Gerrit? smiley

I'm not talking about one building, nor several building, heck I can see from the picture. No offense, my post was very clear - the niche objective "other than the random definition of WTC". My argument is, without a clear cut objective (at least from the article), I hope the govt is not partnering because of malls and restaurants.

Again, did my post say it was a GEJ project? Dude, please read my post again. Unlike some people, I read the article before posting. What I said was, HOW MUCH IS THE GOVT SPENDING ON THE PROJECT - CASH/KIND? I know that the govt gave them land, here is an excerpt -

The Minister of FCT explained that in accordance with the existing PPP partnership agreement, the FCT administration did provide the land forthe private sector to only engage in the construction of the edifice.

Is the provision of land resources not a contribution to the project? Which still lingers my question, how much is the govt actually spending on the project? Directly or indirectly? Cash wise or otherwise?
Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by taharqa: 2:41pm On Dec 11, 2012
I just dey laugh....just in a week i hv heard of sm HUGE projects completd in diff parts of d country. One of d largest Steel mills commissiond in Ogun; d largest Ceramic industry in Africa commissiond in d same Ogun; one of d largest and most sophisticated Gas-to-Liquid plants in d world, a multi-billion dollar Chrevron project in Delta state dat is virtuali complete and wud begin operatn early nx year; and now dis, amongst many odas- ALL BUILT BY FOREIGNERS. Foreigners are tking advantage of d economy and investing massively in most areas of d economy (there is a thread on Nigeria hving by far d highest FDI in Africa last yr on d front page now) WHILST many Nigerians, esp young Nigerians, whine and complain and sit dier lazy azz down... I just dey laugh

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's World Trade Centre To Open In 2013 by Daresh(f): 2:50pm On Dec 11, 2012
moderatorr: Most huge buildings in abuja are virtually empty from the 3rd floor.
So what will be happening in all the 34 out of 37 floors?
9/11; alqaeda flew a boeing into the US world Trade Center.
If care is not taken, boko haram will drive keke na pepsa into this one, or that helicopter that that unijos student built out of scrap. (Who teach boko haram how to drive plane?)

Myy thoughts exactly. They are building a new target for boko haram

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Extends PTF Mandate Till March 2021 / Auto Makers Criticise FG As More Firms Shut Multi-Billion Naira Plants / Central Bank Releases Names Of Debtors To Stressed Banks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.