Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,402 members, 7,864,783 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 06:43 AM

To Hell With Your Oil - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / To Hell With Your Oil (809 Views)

Saraki:To Hell With Morality, Senate Tells Nigerians / IMF To FG : Dont Waste Your Oil Money / To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Hell With Your Oil by ojubi(m): 5:26am On Jul 31, 2008
I am so ecited that the north ve finally realise that the oil in the niger delta is our oil and not nigeria oil, and that they the north ve accepted that they are economic pararasite that depend on resources from de other parts of de country for their survival. This was a submission given by MR.BABANGIDA ALIYU niger state governor two days ago. i am even thinking that northern nigeria will soon go just like Ghana onece did. is any body in de house? pls coments.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil by Bigun: 11:10am On Jul 31, 2008
i am surprise that in this and age when as a nation we are suppose to put our heads together and use our intellect to advance our country, some self-centred, egocentric people have decided to use the problems in the country to achieve their aims. if Nigeria must remain one then we have to put to an end this notion that some parts have second-class rights to the nations resouces. the statement that the north is a parasite is anti-progressive. Lets stop running away from the issues that matters (mismanagement of the nations resouces by our leaders, bad governance and the unpatriotic attitude of our people) and just be beating our heads over trivial issues that will not help us. Besides, how confident are you that the "Niger-Delta" as a state will stand with the very unpatriotic and self-centred attitude of it's people?
Re: To Hell With Your Oil by Bigun: 11:15am On Jul 31, 2008
I am surprise that in this day and age when as a nation we are suppose to put our heads together and use our intellect to advance our country, some self-centred, egocentric people have decided to use the problems in the country to achieve their aims. If Nigeria must remain as one, then we have to put to an end this notion that some parts have second-class rights to the nations resouces. The statement that the north is a parasite is anti-progressive. Lets stop running away from the issues that matters (mismanagement of the nations resouces by our leaders, bad governance and the unpatriotic attitude of our people) and just be beating our heads over trivial issues that will not help us. Besides, how confident are you that the "Niger-Delta" as a state will stand with the very unpatriotic and self-centred attitude some of it's people?
Re: To Hell With Your Oil by SkyBlue1: 1:00pm On Jul 31, 2008
Bigun:

I am surprise that in this day and age when as a nation we are suppose to put our heads together and use our intellect to advance our country, some self-centred, egocentric people have decided to use the problems in the country to achieve their aims. If Nigeria must remain as one, then we have to put to an end this notion that some parts have second-class rights to the nations resouces. The statement that the north is a parasite is anti-progressive. Lets stop running away from the issues that matters (mismanagement of the nations resouces by our leaders, bad governance and the unpatriotic attitude of our people) and just be beating our heads over trivial issues that will not help us. Besides, how confident are you that the "Niger-Delta" as a state will stand with the very unpatriotic and self-centred attitude some of it's people?

Although there are some things i do not agree with in your post especially the last line, i do share a feeling that people continue to miss the point totally and go for something else. The issue is not 50% or 13% derivation. The issue is accountability in government and corruption, unfortunately it seems some people are fixed on turning the fundamental issue into oil derrivation when the billions that have been pumped into the Niger Delta continuously has been unaccounted for and looted due to bad governance and poor accountability. However people will miss all of this and blame it on oil derivation. People will choose to believe that an increase in derivation will magically cause these vices that eat at every state in Nigeria to somehow disappear and translate to progressive development as opposed to just more money for people to steal. Does that mean that the raised issues could not become more important further doen the line? No. But when people choose to ignore the dog that is hyena that is chasing them and focus on the mosquito that is biting them, you really have to wonder.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil by Oracle14(m): 1:27pm On Jul 31, 2008
I have seen the poverty in the north and would not wish it to my enemy, their has been a colossal failure by their leaders to harness their resources. greed and the blind desire to control others in a nation has brought them to this new parasite status.
The poverty goes to show that if you reap where you did not sow or bear the impacts, you definitely cannot manage the produce in a productive manner.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil by willy4: 3:53pm On Jul 31, 2008
Bigun:

i am surprise that in this and age when as a nation we are suppose to put our heads together and use our intellect to advance our country, some self-centred, egocentric people have decided to use the problems in the country to achieve their aims. if Nigeria must remain one then we have to put to an end this notion that some parts have second-class rights to the nations resouces. the statement that the north is a parasite is anti-progressive.
Norths are 100% Parasite, but not only them. Their Yoruba friends are Parasite too, but trying to deny it
Re: To Hell With Your Oil by Tonim(f): 4:20pm On Jul 31, 2008
Bigun:

The statement that the north is a parasite is anti-progressive. Lets stop running away from the issues that matters (mismanagement of the nations resouces by our leaders, bad governance and the unpatriotic attitude of our people) and just be beating our heads over trivial issues that will not help us. Besides, how confident are you that the "Niger-Delta" as a state will stand with the very unpatriotic and self-centred attitude some of it's people?

How would you like to work and have someone else receive 40% of your paycheck for no legitimate reason ? The federal govt collects
taxes (VAT) from southern businesses and distributes it as it deems fit. Do you think this is fair ?

We have heard of stories of people from the south with degrees (B.sc, M.sc) being bypassed for promotion in favor of Northerners with mere
high school certificates at the central bank of Nigeria. How long are we going to sit down and let this continue ?

There are southerners that attended Northern universities and were denied first class honors for their graduation simply because
no northerner made the mark. This has happened many times, especially to our Igbo brothers. How long are we going to
sit down and let this continue ?

Mismanagement of resources and bad governance ar not the only problems bewildering Nigeria. People are treated like second
class citizens based on where they come from. People are made Vice Chancellors not based on merit, but by nepotism
and tribalism.

Please do not try to undermine the severity of this problem. Those who are on the receiving end can relate to this, I'm sure.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil by Ibime(m): 4:50pm On Jul 31, 2008
Sky Blue:

Although there are some things i do not agree with in your post especially the last line, i do share a feeling that people continue to miss the point totally and go for something else. The issue is not 50% or 13% derivation. The issue is accountability in government and corruption, unfortunately it seems some people are fixed on turning the fundamental issue into oil derrivation when the billions that have been pumped into the Niger Delta continuously has been unaccounted for and looted due to bad governance and poor accountability.

You bloody imposter! Claiming to be a Niger-Deltan! Please state your town and state, let me see which part of Niger-Delta you are from. At best, you are an Ishan.

Please tabulate all these billions we have supposedly wasted, let me count it. Then tabulate the billions the Hausas have embezzled, let me count that also.

How can you blame Niger-Delta for Nigeria's problem? If Nigeria are so concerned about the level in corruption in the Niger-Delta, why do they not monitor all the thieves and bring them to account? Why are James Ibori and Peter Odili still running around freely? Is it the Niger-Delta people that failed to bring these thieves to trial or is it the Nigerian Government who endorse and encourage such corruption? We Niger-Deltans have no LEGISLATIVE POWER to curb corruption. It is only the Nigerian Government who have the legislative power to fight corruption. So why blame us for a Nigerian problem? Bloody idiot!

That is like the owner of a drinking parlour telling his employee that he will not pay him his fair amount because the employee is only going to waste it on alchohol - when it is the owner of the drinking parlour selling him the alchohol. If the owner of the drinking parlour stopped selling him the alchohol, then he will not be able to waste his money on drink.

In the same way, the Nigerian government should stop using corruption as an excuse for not giving Niger-Deltans their fair share - when they are the ones who have the power to fight such corruption.

Please address the real issue. Is it fair what I have quoted below?

Ibime:

h. That the principle of Derivation in Revenue Allocation has been consciously and systematically obliterated by successive regimes of the Nigerian state. We note the drastic reduction of the Derivation Principle from 100% (1953), 50% (1960), 45% (1970), 20% (1975) 2% (1982), 1.5% (1984) to 3% (1992 to date), and a rumored 13% in Abacha's 1995 undemocratic and unimplemented Constitution.

If Nigeria is serious about corruption in the Niger-Delta, they can deal with it. What is EFCC there for? To use a Nigerian problem as an excuse for cheating a people out of their right is absolutely bollocks and is not credible. So stop talking semantics and let us deal with the issue.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil by SkyBlue1: 5:39pm On Jul 31, 2008
Ibime:

You bloody imposter! Claiming to be a Niger-Deltan! Please state your town and state, let me see which part of Niger-Delta you are from. At best, you are an Ishan.

Please tabulate all these billions we have supposedly wasted, let me count it. Then tabulate the billions the Hausas have embezzled, let me count that also.

How can you blame Niger-Delta for Nigeria's problem? If Nigeria are so concerned about the level in corruption in the Niger-Delta, why do they not monitor all the thieves and bring them to account? Why are James Ibori and Peter Odili still running around freely? Is it the Niger-Delta people that failed to bring these thieves to trial or is it the Nigerian Government who endorse and encourage such corruption? We Niger-Deltans have no LEGISLATIVE POWER to curb corruption. It is only the Nigerian Government who have the legislative power to fight corruption. So why blame us for a Nigerian problem? Bloody idiot!

That is like the owner of a drinking parlour telling his employee that he will not pay him his fair amount because the employee is only going to waste it on alchohol - when it is the owner of the drinking parlour selling him the alchohol. If the owner of the drinking parlour stopped selling him the alchohol, then he will not be able to waste his money on drink.

In the same way, the Nigerian government should stop using corruption as an excuse for not giving Niger-Deltans their fair share - when they are the ones who have the power to fight such corruption.

Please address the real issue. Is it fair what I have quoted below?

If Nigeria is serious about corruption in the Niger-Delta, they can deal with it. What is EFCC there for? To use a Nigerian problem as an excuse for cheating a people out of their right is absolutely bollocks and is not credible. So stop talking semantics and let us deal with the issue.

LOL, what an irony, you have decided to follow me around nairaland after accusing me of doing thesame few days ago. Your continuous stance that no one from the Niger Delta could possibly hold views contrary to yours and then using such as a fundamental line to all your arguements is something i find quite immature, and that is when i even ignore the insults you continually throw my way. Hence what my post was actually stating, focusing on the trivial and hammering on about where i am from when it is not even fundamental to the arguement. I ignored all your postings on the other thread because i decided it was just futile and here you are again. LOL, i am flattered.

Where did Peter Odilli get the restraining order to stall EFCC prosecution? Was it not from Port Harcourt? So the Judge that gave him such was from where (not that that is even a fundamental issue but i won't put it past you to make it so)? How much money did Peter Odilli supposedly spend on gas turbines? Please do inform the house? Do we even need to go into the whole Port Harcourt Airport and the launching of Arik? Do we have to bring in the 100 billion Naira that was mentioned in the EFCC report that was used by OBJ to compel Odili to desert Presidential aspirations not to even talk of the money that is not known about? Has you hate for any view contrary to yours led you to actually try to support such an administration and ignore that the Southern Governors who have access to so much money seem to therefore steal the most? But of course that is not an issue according to you even when money that could be used to uplift the state and bring this much vaunted development people sing about is stolen, the fundamental issue is according to you how much money is availbale for these people to steal and you will now throw away such award winning lines like "Niger Deltans have no legislative power to curb corruption", LOL how amusing, can you break that down and explain how that is so?

Corruption is not an excuse i use, i continuously state that there are problems in the Niger Delta and that there are lots of things to be disgruntled about but that i don't believe MEND have the interest of the people at heart and seem to be fighting for their own pocket (illegal bunkering). Of course you won't see that i stated that there were problems, your rage at anyone who does not agree with you does not permit you to see anything else but your word which we are all supposed to live and die by. You should know by now that i don't trade insults, i have never and i don't intend to start so all i will say is that if you have taken offence at whatever i have said, sorry you took offence but i still hold my views anyway so you just have to find a way to deal with it and stop calling everyone who does not agree with you an imposter. So please i beg you, genuinely, just don't read my posts so that you don't keep on getting hypertension. LOL please just leave my posts alone, i am not going to indulge you any further or respond to your posts when it continues doing thesame thing. Have a nice day and god bless.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jul 31, 2008
hahaha grin blogfight
Re: To Hell With Your Oil by ziga: 5:56pm On Jul 31, 2008
@ Sky Blue

Your posts make a lot of sense!!!
Re: To Hell With Your Oil by Ibime(m): 5:58pm On Jul 31, 2008
Mr SkyBlue, yes you don't trade insults but I am telling you now that you are an idiot.

So this judge is representative of the will of the Niger Delta people? Can EFCC not bring cases to federal judges? If such a judge issues such a judgement, can EFCC not seek appeal? If so, why do we have such an emasculated force like EFCC because EVERY state Judge seems to put restraining order on EVERY Governor, whether he is Hausa, Yoruba or Niger-Deltan. Now tell me which Governor that has been successfully prosecuted by EFCC. OK, you cannot - so we know that this problem of corruption is a NIGERIAN problem, not a Niger-Delta one. QED.

A fool like you is asking that Niger-Delta people have accountability because this Judge who freed Odili is not accountable. Well, NEWSFLASH: You will always have corrupt people unless the Federal Government introduces measures of accountability. If you are asking every single Niger-Deltan to not be corrupt, that is impossible, even in civilised countries. Accountability is something which is implemented by a system of Government and a SYSTEM OF LAW.

And the last time I checked, Niger-Delta people do not control Federal Law.

You are so stupid, your argument is unbelievable.

I repeat: the Nigerian government cannot use corruption as an excuse for not giving Niger-Deltans their fair share - when they are the ones who have the power to fight such corruption. Whatever the hell they need to do to empower the EFCC, they should do it.

You idiot - you are here telling me that we are sheilding Odili when every Niger-Deltan wants Odili dead. That shows me that you are not a Niger-Deltan. Maybe you are from some proxy state like Edo state, but you are not a Niger-Deltan. Go and look at Oracle, Owo, Ono, even Willy Willy if you want to know the will of the Niger-Delta. Bloody imposter!

Please state your town and state, let us know where you are from.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 31, 2008
@skyblue
state ur state now,
Re: To Hell With Your Oil by SkyBlue1: 6:08pm On Jul 31, 2008
LOL, @ehie, i will not state where i am from just to feed some cheap fight that i am not even having with anyone and mainly because i don't think whether or not i am from the Niger Delta (which you don't even know by the way) is fundamental to this arguement. So what if i was to say i was from the Niger Delta and named a town and all of the above, i could easily forsee being called a liar because it would just completely go against the very beliefs that a certain poster seems to have. That everyone has to agree with him/her else such a person can't possible be from thesame region (which is not even important to the arguement by the way). All in all i can see the direction this thread is taking and i will simply learn to avoid respoding to anything by such poster as i already decided to do earlier before i was attacked on this thread. I have no will to expend energy on such,LOL, just not my thing so have fun with it alone. @All, have a nice day.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil by Ibime(m): 6:13pm On Jul 31, 2008
So, do you agree that the fight against corruption must be carried out at FEDERAL LEVEL. . . . . or do you think everyone in Niger Delta must be a non-thieving born-again Christian for our cause to legitimate?. . . . . if people are allowed to get away with stealing money, they will . . . . . whether they are American, British, Chinese, Yoruba, Hausa, Ibo or Niger-Deltan. . . . .

You are from Edo state - the upland part, not Niger Delta. Stop claiming.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jul 31, 2008
this is getting too crazy for me, Ibime relax a bit abeg, hbp leads to stroke shocked

(1) (Reply)

Which Geo-political Zone Was Favored The Most By Obasanjo ? / Post Foreign Views On McCain-Palin's Chances / Can He Be Nigeria's Obama?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.