Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,136 members, 7,821,879 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Promises – Fulfilled! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Promises – Fulfilled! (1096 Views)

Know The 81 Campaign Promises Of President Buhari / Jonathan Campaign Bus And Hilux Set On Fire At Suleja / Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Promises – Fulfilled! by Firefire(m): 12:06pm On Dec 17, 2013
Less than 15 days to end 2013. What could you say about our president speech last year about his campaign promises?

President Goodluck Jonathan has asked Nigerians to expect the fulfillment of his campaign promises by in 2013.
The President said this on Thursday August 31st 2012 in Onitsha, Anambra State where he inaugurated a number of government and private sector projects.
“By next year 2013, most of our campaign promises will begin to manifest,” he told his audience at the premises of Intafact Beverages Limited, host of the $100m plant of Sabmiller International Breweries.

http://www.punchng.com/news/my-campaign-promisesll-manifest-in-2013-jonathan/

I will state his promises one after the other…
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Promises – Fulfilled! by Firefire(m): 12:06pm On Dec 17, 2013
Infrastructural development

• To revive the rail system in the country
• To complete Lagos to Jebba rail project
• To intervene and revitalize the moribund Nigeria Machine Tools and other infrastructure owned by the federal government.
• Government has budgeted N50b for job development and infrastructure
o To modernize the ports
o To complete the second River Niger bridge before the expiration of the tenure
o To make the Minister of Works to immediately start repairs of the road leading to Murtala Mohammed International Airport
• To transform all major routes in Damaturu to federal roads
o To assist in resuscitating all the collapsed industries in Kano state
o To work towards making Akanu Ibiam airport in Enugu an international airport
o To seek alternative funding means to repair the Benin-Ore road.
• To set up a committee to review Federal government landed properties in Lagos, hand over those that should and retain those that should be in possession of the Federal Government.
• To give Sokoto-Kotangora road unfettered attention
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Promises – Fulfilled! by Firefire(m): 12:07pm On Dec 17, 2013
Power

• To deliver stable, constant supply of electricity
• To provide stable power supply by the year 2015 so that small and medium scale industries can thrive again.
• To ensure that Nigerians do not use generators more than two times in a week
• To explore the coal deposits in Benue and Kogi states for improved power supply
• To construct more dams to build more hydro-power stations.
• To reduce the importation of generators at least 90 percent in the next four years.
• To raise power generation to about 4,747 megawatts by December 2011
• To put an end to epileptic power supply in the country just as fuel queues at petrol stations were ended
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Promises – Fulfilled! by Firefire(m): 12:08pm On Dec 17, 2013
Security

• To make anyone caught breaching the public peace to face the full wrath of the law.
• To make sure that no part of the country is allowed to be a sanctuary for criminals anymore be they armed robbers or kidnappers
• To make a complete transformation of national security architecture
• To confront headlong ethno-religious violence in the country
• To ensure there is no sacred cow in the fight against corruption; all crimes will be investigated as security is key.
• Not to interfere with corruption cases
• To strengthen EFCC and ICPC to fight crime
• To eradicate kidnappings impeding entrepreneurship in Eastern Zone
• To pursue all bombers and terrorists
• To adopt modern method to tackle the problem of political violence
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Promises – Fulfilled! by Firefire(m): 12:09pm On Dec 17, 2013
Education

• To establish at least one Federal University in each state of the federation by the end of 2012
• To improve on hostel facilities across the nation
• To revamp Almajiri system of education
• To work towards improving the education sector as a prelude to transforming economy and as means of empowering the people
• To improve on teaching and learning environment while the new universities are structured
• To make every Nigerian of school age to have access to education
Women

• To give 35% of political appointments at both ministerial and ambassadorial levels to women

Water Resources

• To re-build Ilesa water scheme
• To complete Ife/Ijesa dam
• To provide sufficient water to the people of Taraba;
• the design work for Mambilla dam has been completed To make dam resuscitation to result in Agric boom, reduce poverty in Taraba state
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Promises – Fulfilled! by Firefire(m): 12:12pm On Dec 17, 2013
I will stop here as the promises are too much.
And please don’t forget I voted for Dr. Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan, I canvassed for him and I am sorry I compel everyone in my assembly to vote Goodluck Jonathan.
Can he still deliver as he PROMISED?
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Promises – Fulfilled! by Dollarman101: 12:19pm On Dec 17, 2013
grin cheesy guy, you dey worry ooo. See as you get time dey copy all the promises wey bros JONA make since election.
I have gone through the list and saw many promises that he has fulfilled.
He has flagged off the construction of Zungery hydro, set up all the universities he promised each state, started the Almajiri school projects,
I don't know about the water dams but I sure do know that he fulfilled his promise to repair so many federal roads in Nigeria.
In power, he may not have achieved stable power but he has delivered on the NIPP Plants

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Promises – Fulfilled! by Mandelaguy(m): 1:09pm On Dec 17, 2013
Yes, GEj has fulfilled the Lagos-Kano railway. People are now passing through that route daily by rail. On a scale of 1-10, I rate him 7

4 Likes

Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Promises – Fulfilled! by Greatihex(m): 1:26pm On Dec 17, 2013
Dis boko boys and hm opposition dm no gree am complete all of them. Bt he has completed up 2 90%. Kudos 2 him

1 Like

Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Promises – Fulfilled! by divatosin(f): 1:29pm On Dec 17, 2013
I can agree to the fact that the women affirmative action of 35% has been fulfilled. Women are playing a very vital role in the running of this administration. It is not in doubt. The likes of Ngozi Iweala, Diezani Madukwe, Stella Oduah, Arunma Otteh, Sarah Ochekpe, etc

1 Like

Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Promises – Fulfilled! by pigin: 1:30pm On Dec 17, 2013
THINGS YOU DONT KWN ABOUT JONATHAN2ND NIGER BRIDGE (ASABA/ ONITSHA) AWARDED TO JULIUS BERGER AFTER 50 YEARS ZENGERU POWER PROJECT NIGER STATE AWARDED AFTER 32 YEARS LAGOS /IBADAN EXPRESSWAY (OGUN/OYO/LAGOS STATE) AWARDED TO JULIUS BERGER AFTER 35 YEARS ORE—BENIN EXPRESSWAY COMPLETED EAST-WEST ROAD TO BE COMPLETED 2014 ABUJA- LOKOJA ROAD TO BE COMPLETED 2014 KEFFI/LAFIA, MAKURDI/ OTURKPO,NINTH MILE ENUGU DUAL ROAD TO BE COMPLETED 2014 LAGOS --- KANO RAILWAY RECONSTRUCTION COMPLETED PORTHARCOURT-- MAIDUGURI RAILWAY RECONSRUCTION TO BE COMPLETED BY DEC 2013 GOODLUCK JONATHAN LEADERSHIP HAS BROUGTH ABOUT A FREE/INDEPENDENT JUDICIARY SINCE INDEPENDENCE The revolution taking place in terms of infrastructure reconstruction and rehabilitation has not been seen anywhere in Africa. These are in the area of road construction that is taking place massively nationwide. AND INVESTING N3 BILLION NAIRA IN NOLLYWOOD TO BOOST THE ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY. Signing of the FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT INTO LAW THEREBY Making NIGERIANS AND THE NIGERIAN MEDIA ONE OF THE FREEST IN THE WORLD AND SALARY INCREASE OF 53% IN 2010 MAKING THE NIGERIAN WORKER QUITE COMFORTABLE. GIVING HANDSOME REWARD TOTHE SUPER EAGLES FOR WINNING THE AFRICAN CUP OF NATIONS AFTER 19 YEARS TO FURTHER CHALLENGE THE EAGLES TO ASPIRE HIGHER Airport reconstruction and remodeling taking place nationwide. Railway line reconstruction and rehabilitation with Lagos to Kano completed and functional. The Portharcourt to Maiduguri railway line will be coming on stream by year end. Seaport construction and expansion of existing ones. E.g. Warri port Delta State, Baro- Niger State, Kogi, Calabar, Onne, Owerri, Onitsha etc. Building of TEN newpower plant simultaneously thatwill significantly boast power supply in the country not forgetting the transparent privatization in that sector without any controversy that willlead to massive investment and power facility upgrade that will be beneficial to the entire nation. University education is now more readily accessible by Nigerians with TEN new universities approved and functional. In addition, billions of naira is being expended on primary and post primary education to assist the entire states of the federation. These are in the building of new primary and post primary schoolclassrooms and also for the acquisition of textbook which has been distributed to aid learning at this level. Almagiri school not excluded. EDUCATION TEN NEW FEDERAL UNIVERSITIES LOCATIONS----KATSINA, KANO(POLICE UNIVERSITY WUDIL), ZAMFARA, TARABA, GOMBE, YOBE, KOGI, EKITI,EBONYI AND BAYELSA STATES. ALMAGIRI SCHOOLS NUMBERS-----295+ LOCATION----NORTHERN NIGERIA The agricultural revolution currently on going in Nigeria is commendable with the attendant removal of corruption from the acquisition and distribution of fertilizers. Food security is the security of Nigeria. President Good luck Jonathan has today changed the bad attitude and mentality of most Nigerian politicians and voters. This he has done through the conduct of free and fair election all over the country.Edo and Ondo states are appetizers, there are more to come. His Presidency has stabilize the polity and foster integration, Progress in the image of Nigeria abroad and Progress in emergency management (Flood control). Today, the Boko Haram insurgency has been reduced to occasional ambush tactics thereby putting them on the back foot. Other forms of violentcrimes and criminality like kidnappings, armed robberies, pipeline vandalism and illegal bunkering are being tackled frontally and soon they will be history. Industrialization is gradually taking root thereby leading to the steady growth of the economy. DECLARED A STATE OF EMERGENCY IN BORNO, YOBE, AND ADAMAWA STATES WITHOUT TEMPERING WITH THE DEMOCRATIC STRUCTURES YET ACHIEVING THE DESIRED AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF SECURITY, PEACE, PROTECTION OF INNOCENT NIGERIANS, STABILITY AND ECONOMIC GROWTH OF THE REGION AND THE ENTIRE FEDERATION. THE DECLARATION MAKES GOODLUCK JONATHAN A LEADER, A DEMOCRAT AND A STATEMAN. PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN, THE BEST PRESIDENT NIGERIA HAS EVER HAD. SIGN M.A.U OF WHICH NO PRESIDENT EVER SIGN WITH ASUU.In the exact word of Tukur is our candidate.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Promises – Fulfilled! by Naijagunner83: 1:42pm On Dec 17, 2013
I salute the success he has recorded in electricity sector so far.
We must understand that fixing the decay in that sector is not automatic. It will take time and money to put things together again. He started well by finishing the power projects that OBJ started and the privatisation programme is a nice one.
The new power companies may be facing difficulties at the moment but I have no doubt that things will improve.

2 Likes

Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Promises – Fulfilled! by simpleseyi: 1:52pm On Dec 17, 2013
Training of Snipers at the same place where Abacha trained his (Abacha's) killer squad.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Promises – Fulfilled! by Maduale: 1:52pm On Dec 17, 2013
Benin-Ore road is now good. It is now remaining the Sagamu section of the road. So I give GEJ a pass mark.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Promises – Fulfilled! by uzomagic(m): 2:29pm On Dec 17, 2013
GEJ promised to revolutionize Agriculture in Nigeria. This may not have been achieved fully but there is significant progress as evidenced in increasing rice mills, silos and fertiliser distribution etc.I wish both the Minister of Agricuture and President Jonathan well in this regard.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Promises – Fulfilled! by Bashirfuntua(m): 2:44pm On Dec 17, 2013
Things that gej in his tenure in office: 1 supply of arms to boko boys 2 encourage corruption 3 creating new boko boys in Bayelsa after the borno based civilian JTF have bring end to boko haram 4 claiming five(5) tobe greater than 27 in rivers and 17 greater than 19 in governos forum 5 shut down nigerian universities for morethan five month. Let me pause
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Promises – Fulfilled! by 99100(m): 3:55pm On Dec 17, 2013
GEJ is indeed an achiever.Despite all the hurdles he is still waxing stronger,delievering on his promises,gaining more fans and shaming his holier than thou detractors alias false alarmist.

(1) (Reply)

Gej Christmas Message To Nigerians / If APC Was Politically Sharp They Would Have Rejected The G-7 / President Jonathan Needs Our Support To Succeed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.