Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,784 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

FG Suspends UNN Chairman Of Governing Council - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Suspends UNN Chairman Of Governing Council (18579 Views)

Ambode Appoints Members Of Governing Council In State’s Tertiary Institutions / UNN Suspends Postgraduate Programmes Indefinitely / LASU Withdraws ASUU Chairman’s Phd Certificates, 13 Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Suspends UNN Chairman Of Governing Council by uchrikk(m): 1:19pm On Dec 17, 2013
FG Suspends UNN Chairman Of Governing Council

By: Agency Report on December 17, 2013 - 12:42pm

The Federal Government on Tuesday in Abuja suspended Dr Emeka Enejere, the Chairman/ Pro-Chancellor of University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN), Governing Council with immediate effect.
This is contained in a statement signed by Mr Simeon Nwakaudu, the Special Assistant on Media to the Supervising Minister of Education, Chief Nyesom Wike.
The statement said that the suspension was announced by the supervising minister of education.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Enejere was appointed as the Chairman of UNN Governing Council in April this year. (NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/12/fg-suspends-unn-chairman-governing-council/
Re: FG Suspends UNN Chairman Of Governing Council by PrinceJustice(m): 2:10pm On Dec 17, 2013
Which one him commit

3 Likes

Re: FG Suspends UNN Chairman Of Governing Council by checks(f): 2:22pm On Dec 17, 2013
Prince Justice: Which one him commit

Na d same question me self wan ask.
Re: FG Suspends UNN Chairman Of Governing Council by Ayoakinkahunsi(m): 5:39pm On Dec 17, 2013
Coming back
Yes I saw it coming
Re: FG Suspends UNN Chairman Of Governing Council by Nobody: 5:41pm On Dec 17, 2013
I hope it doesn't have anything to do with ASUU strike

1 Like

Re: FG Suspends UNN Chairman Of Governing Council by ExpressBooking(m): 5:41pm On Dec 17, 2013
uchrikk: FG Suspends UNN Chairman Of Governing Council

By: Agency Report on December 17, 2013 - 12:42pm

The Federal Government on Tuesday in Abuja suspended Dr Emeka Enejere, the Chairman/ Pro-Chancellor of University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN), Governing Council with immediate effect.
This is contained in a statement signed by Mr Simeon Nwakaudu, the Special Assistant on Media to the Supervising Minister of Education, Chief Nyesom Wike.
The statement said that the suspension was announced by the supervising minister of education.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Enejere was appointed as the Chairman of UNN Governing Council in April this year. (NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/12/fg-suspends-unn-chairman-governing-council/

Hopeless government. Soon they will say they didn't suspend him and even hold secret meetings to beg him. No be today we begin see them.

3 Likes

Re: FG Suspends UNN Chairman Of Governing Council by Nobody: 5:41pm On Dec 17, 2013
I just hope ASUU wont act on this.
Re: FG Suspends UNN Chairman Of Governing Council by wese90(m): 5:41pm On Dec 17, 2013
It can only get better. Nigeria is a joke..
Re: FG Suspends UNN Chairman Of Governing Council by pawesome(m): 5:42pm On Dec 17, 2013
DTS GAY
Re: FG Suspends UNN Chairman Of Governing Council by Ikegift4real(m): 5:43pm On Dec 17, 2013
D lions Den on fire. . As an alumni let me reserve dis space so dat i'll ask my former HOD what happened.
Re: FG Suspends UNN Chairman Of Governing Council by Profeme: 5:44pm On Dec 17, 2013
Ayoakinkahunsi: Coming back
Yes I saw it coming
when?pls tell us .
Re: FG Suspends UNN Chairman Of Governing Council by sleeky007(m): 5:56pm On Dec 17, 2013
FG, NO, NYESOM WIKE (TOUT) HAVE STARTED AGAIN.......INTERFERING IN MATTERS OF GOVERNING COUNCILS OF UNIVERSITIES. I HOPE THIS NYESOM WIKE (A ROUND PEG IN A SQUARE HOLE) KNOWS WHAT HE'S DOING.

3 Likes

Re: FG Suspends UNN Chairman Of Governing Council by ACM10: 5:59pm On Dec 17, 2013
hmm

space booked sha
Re: FG Suspends UNN Chairman Of Governing Council by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 17, 2013
He would be replaced with another Igbo man. Watch and see.

Handiwork of Prof. Nebo and PDP.
Re: FG Suspends UNN Chairman Of Governing Council by joeluv: 6:05pm On Dec 17, 2013
Thats good, he is busy wanting to probe and suffocate the VC that is doing so much. Went around the school today and was amazed by the level of development. Building spring up everywer, hostel renovation., Why shld the chairman be against such a working VC..Naija sef.. whn u work na problem

2 Likes

Re: FG Suspends UNN Chairman Of Governing Council by sigidporte(m): 6:06pm On Dec 17, 2013
Keneking: He would be replaced with another Igbo man. Watch and see.

Handiwork of Prof. Nebo and PDP.

undecided undecided
Re: FG Suspends UNN Chairman Of Governing Council by Luckygurl(f): 6:14pm On Dec 17, 2013
Enough of all this.
What I need now is the suspension of this ongoing strike.
Re: FG Suspends UNN Chairman Of Governing Council by dridowu: 6:22pm On Dec 17, 2013
All Is Well In Nigeria
Re: FG Suspends UNN Chairman Of Governing Council by oyeludef(m): 6:25pm On Dec 17, 2013
Lucky gurl: Enough of all this.
are you in dis con3 at all. wch strike do y still want suspended?
Re: FG Suspends UNN Chairman Of Governing Council by poshpimkiey(f): 6:26pm On Dec 17, 2013
dey shld sha not start dia own internal strike. I've experienced my first strike...dat shld be enuf in one academic lifetime. mi o r'aye oshi
Re: FG Suspends UNN Chairman Of Governing Council by Etumgbe(m): 6:29pm On Dec 17, 2013
Na my town man oo.

1 Like

Re: FG Suspends UNN Chairman Of Governing Council by Nobody: 6:30pm On Dec 17, 2013

1 Like

Re: FG Suspends UNN Chairman Of Governing Council by agabaI23(m): 6:31pm On Dec 17, 2013
Lucky gurl: Enough of all this.
https://www.nairaland.com/1558455/ASUU-suspends-strike-nec-inform
You are not paying attention hun
Re: FG Suspends UNN Chairman Of Governing Council by LMAyedun(m): 6:32pm On Dec 17, 2013
After the suspension, na sack.
Re: FG Suspends UNN Chairman Of Governing Council by gratiaeo(m): 6:32pm On Dec 17, 2013
Is he an APC apologies?
If so no problem

1 Like

Re: FG Suspends UNN Chairman Of Governing Council by Luckysbab: 6:34pm On Dec 17, 2013
Why?
Re: FG Suspends UNN Chairman Of Governing Council by agrovick(m): 6:35pm On Dec 17, 2013
Na wa o

2 Likes

Re: FG Suspends UNN Chairman Of Governing Council by Sowhizy(f): 6:43pm On Dec 17, 2013
Hmm! Buh y?
Re: FG Suspends UNN Chairman Of Governing Council by phillippiano(m): 6:45pm On Dec 17, 2013
Woreva

(1) (2) (Reply)

Panel Clears FUTO Over Appointment Of Pantami As Professor Of Cybersecurity / Alleged Extremist Group In OAU Has Support Of Buhari’s Cabinet Member – DSA / PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.