Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,085 members, 7,957,049 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:57 AM

Farming Or Return To His 50k Per Month Job? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Farming Or Return To His 50k Per Month Job? (12271 Views)

He Earns More Than Half A Million Per Month Yet He's So Unhappy With His Job / Is It Possible For OND Holder To Earn Upto 80k Per Month? / Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Farming Or Return To His 50k Per Month Job? by VirginFinder: 8:25am On Dec 19, 2013
Dis Guy: wait for farm to be making 600k per year before quiting your guaranteed job

You go wait tire!

It doesn't always work that way.

All or nothing!

@Jarus
Face your job squarely or your business squarely. You can't eat your cake and have it!
Both (job and business) will affect each other negatively. You may lose both in the end.
Re: Farming Or Return To His 50k Per Month Job? by VirginFinder: 8:35am On Dec 19, 2013
Jarus is being modest!

He actually earns N500,000 per month = N6,000,000 per year. That's why he is in a dilemma at the moment.

Most Nairalanders are quite gullible!!

Who would ever lose sweat over a 50k per month job? mtcheeeew
Re: Farming Or Return To His 50k Per Month Job? by Memyselfu2009(m): 8:54am On Dec 19, 2013
Keep ur job nd be careful you can also employ people in your farm biznes also mechanized farming is the best you can expand and get a loan from Bank of industries
Re: Farming Or Return To His 50k Per Month Job? by simplynola(m): 8:59am On Dec 19, 2013
Well most advice given to you here are purely theoretical. Farming is not want you think it is. When you work the theory and calculate your profit you will go wild in jubilation but remember farming goes with nature and lots of risks are involved. You cannot compare backyard farming to the large scale farming. Anything can happen from insufficient or no rain to destruction of farm produce by the cattle of fulani herdsmen to flood and so many like dat... lots of risks are involved, even poultry or animal farming. And remember you need well experienced farmers to guide you seriously or else its going to be a big loss. Am advicing you from experience. Theory is different from practical. So like some said here, stay with your job and oversee your farming business until you can stand on both legs but for now you are still standing on one leg.
Re: Farming Or Return To His 50k Per Month Job? by Jarus(m): 9:48am On Dec 19, 2013
Virgin Finder: Jarus is being modest!

He actually earns N500,000 per month = N6,000,000 per year. That's why he is in a dilemma at the moment.

Most Nairalanders are quite gullible!!

Who would ever lose sweat over a 50k per month job? mtcheeeew
it's not me. Someone posed the dilemma to me
Re: Farming Or Return To His 50k Per Month Job? by VirginFinder: 9:58am On Dec 19, 2013
Jarus: it's not me. Someone posed the dilemma to me

Wow!

What is he waiting for?

How could someone be losing sweat over a 50k per month job?

He should quit jor.
Re: Farming Or Return To His 50k Per Month Job? by boay(m): 10:30am On Dec 19, 2013
Jarus:
It's not mme. If you do read my blog well, you should know that could not be me.

I know. I have seen it on your blog. I guess people's opinion will be helpful to the person.
Re: Farming Or Return To His 50k Per Month Job? by Ayomivic(m): 10:59am On Dec 19, 2013
nitrogen: Please take the job back, and prepare extensively for the farming, you need a stable income before the farm yields, try and manage both, till you are solidified, don't be surprised that you will need part of that monthly income to make that farming successful.

Although, You need to consider some factors, for that up there to work, location of the job, is it the one that will help in accessing your farm at least once in a week?, logistics too, now your monthly income will help you out here (in terms of support), lastly, your risk appetite.

In all, I advise you to take your job back jare, and work towards the farming thing, a castle can never be built in a day! Don't mind them 'table and chair' entrepreneurs.

Good advice
Re: Farming Or Return To His 50k Per Month Job? by Nobody: 11:18am On Dec 19, 2013
You want a sincere advice PLS START THE FARMING BUSINESS, for how long will they b paying u 50G. They can sack u anytime. this is an opportunity anyone would hope 4 especially ppl like me (graduate of Agriculture). Please dont throw it away. Dont 4get your are d boss now
Re: Farming Or Return To His 50k Per Month Job? by BOUNTYDOG(m): 11:49am On Dec 19, 2013
Correct!
Truth is you will need to employ staffs as you will not be there to handle some minor things your presence must have solved and in the long run,you will realise the salary of the staffs will even be higher than your own 50k monthly pay,then you realise ur farm can pay better for your time than your slavery to ur boss except if the job is such that trains you on the field and you can eventually set up your own firm from D skills acquired.otherwise its typical slavery as inflation will meet your 50k monthly but with your farnm you can expand with the inflation.and anything you want done best should be done by yourself,so i suggest since you have some savings to start up and feeling like a boss already like you said,then you should have faith and believe in what you can do with your own hands to help the economy,
I think this is what the economy is even teaching the nation at the moment when they can allow the future of the youth which is the future of the nation to be pending with ASUU strike till now.when they can attend psquare's wedding,when president can appraise artists rather than scholars with expensive gifts then i think they are automatically telling you money does not really come by education as in books read,but the knowledge you get and can utilise from education to better yourself and immediate environment
hasyak: Face your farming squarely, forget the job, the 50k will be a distraction.

knowing that you have no option than to succeed, this will give you the added push you need.

Welcome to the entrepreneurs club.

Re: Farming Or Return To His 50k Per Month Job? by kenrino(m): 12:12pm On Dec 19, 2013
take the job back and work concurrently on the farm. best option.
Re: Farming Or Return To His 50k Per Month Job? by kolamilan(m): 12:17pm On Dec 19, 2013
is like we should have a poll base on this topic.
Re: Farming Or Return To His 50k Per Month Job? by Apollonio: 8:54pm On Dec 19, 2013
Should you need a business partner for the farming option,I am game.
Cheers.
Re: Farming Or Return To His 50k Per Month Job? by kcbaba007: 11:05pm On Dec 19, 2013
bros u can not eat ur cake & hv it,
anytin worth doing is worth doing well, and if it can't be done well, then it"s not wort soinf at all.
i've been a business all my life, i hv survived wtout monthly salaries,
the most difficult part of building a house is d building d foundation, d most difficult part of doing a business is starting it,
u've taken care of s most diffucult part, y develop cold feets, or rather can u give me d lands to use for farming instead, so u can go and concentrate on ur so called job,

hw much is 50k, e no reach me spend in a month ooo!

come out of slavery today, become a master. This is my own opinion.
Re: Farming Or Return To His 50k Per Month Job? by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:22am On Dec 20, 2013
Nice thread! All.have well spoken but my
candid advice is to.quit your job and
embracing farming.
50K is a meagre salary which will not be
sufficient for you in the longrun.
Even though farming/Agribusiness is not bed of roses as every business has its ups and downs but if truly you are a passionate about it,nothing should be able to stop you from achieving your Vision instead of sweating every morning and night in accomplishing the Vision of another business.
I can authoritatively tell you that farming will
do much for you in both shortrun and
longrun.
The numerous opportunities farming offers
you,your job will not be able to.
If you are looking for training on farming
(cassava,melon,maize),Our 2014/2015
training is starting by February with Dr.
Sheikl Hammed(C.E.O of Agripodis Nig.Ltd)
How to.process High Quality Cassava Flour
and sells to Brewery and Ethanol making
companies with little cash
How to.cultivate and manage maize,cassava,cucumber and melon plantation successfully well
Contacts of buyers of these products.
1year Free consultancy from our Resoure
persons.
1 year Free access to mentorship
programmes
Access to hectare of land for proper coaching
and training.
How to access the Federal Government
Cassava loan for 2014.
Follow up processes on how to access the
loan.
Price:#45,000 for registration before the
planting season (February 20)
#120,000 After 20th of February.
Our Farm management programme is also
available where we managed farm for busy
clients interested in farming at an affordable
management fee.Crops ranging from
cassava,maize,cucumber and watermelon.
For more info call the Farm Manager
Gbenga on 08164628081,01-7910494,email
yusuffgbenga@gmail.com or like us on
www.facebook.com/lesgupnigeria for latest in
agribusiness.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I'm An Orator: What Are My Career Chances? / Joining The Military: Solution To Unemployment? / Fear Of Sacking Hits NDLEA, Code Of Conduct Bureau, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.