Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,737 members, 7,824,086 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta (14160 Views)

Fayose Riding On "Okada" To Inaugurate The New House Of Assembly [Photo] / OPC Council Disowns Gani Adams, For Betraying Yoruba Nation / POLLS: 6m OPC Members Will Vote For Jonathan –Gani Adams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by Ayekotoo(m): 11:24pm On Dec 17, 2013
THE National Coordinator of the O’dua Peoples Congress (OPC), Chief Ganiyu Adams, Tuesday in Warri, Delta State, formally launched the Itsekiri branch of the OPC.
Adams, who was guest of the Itsekiri Leaders of Thought, described his visit to Warri as home-coming, saying that he was always joyous when he was visiting people of same ancestral lineage.
He said the Itsekiri were descendants of Oduduwa and as such, needed the presence of OPC in their midst since the body was created to preserve all Oduduwa descendants.
The OPC leader was particularly delighted that he was welcomed to Warri by the highly respected Itsekiri Leaders of Thought led by Chief J.O.S. Ayomike, which is a think-tank of some of the best brains in Itsekiri land.
Adams eulogized the late Pa Alfred Rewane, a notable Itsekiri leader and co-founder of National Democratic Coalition (NADECO), who played immense role in the June 12 debacle.
He said the murder of Rewane created immense vacuum in NADECO.
The OPC leader expressed immense gratitude to the Itsekiri Leaders of Thought for deeming it fit to receive him in Warri.
He maintained that Oduduwa descendants existed in several parts of Nigeria apart from the South-West, including Igala, Akoko-Edo and even in Benin Republic and the Caribbean, adding that the OPC was a special body created to cater for the needs of O’dua descendants.
Adams said his visit to Warri was almost marred by a petition in one of the national dailies, which said he was visiting Warri to assist Itsekiri fight their neighbours, while denying the report that Adams said wrong impressions were being held by some persons about the OPC.
He clarified that the OPC is a socio-cultural organisation set for the collective good of all Yoruba people He said: “We founded the OPC to fight for the identities of all the Yoruba people all over the universe. There are about 46 million Yoruba in Nigeria and over 200 million all over the world. Itsekiri is part of the descendants of Oduduwa. Therefore, they need the support of the OPC.
The high point of the day was the formal inauguration of the OPC Itsekiri branch by Adams, which was hailed by several Itsekiri leaders, including Prof. Tony Afejuku and Dr. Lucky Akaruese, among others.

http://www.theguardianmobile.com/readNewsItem1.php?nid=20567

7 Likes

Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by Ayekotoo(m): 11:26pm On Dec 17, 2013
Yorubaland Oni Baje O! Aseee oo

5 Likes

Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by Ayekotoo(m): 11:33pm On Dec 17, 2013
Richard MOFE DAMIJO, OMAWUNMI, Sam OMATSEYE, ORISHE FEMI, AYO ORISHAJAfor, Micheal OLOROGUN Ibru et all will be united with their kinsmen.

7 Likes

Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by pandriod: 11:34pm On Dec 17, 2013
Good ONE cool

The beginning of the end of this useless country.

2 Likes

Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by BishopMagic: 11:37pm On Dec 17, 2013
This is your solution to peak oil subsidy?

I laff.

The Itshekiris have since repented on their silly misadvneture in trying to claim warri.

We all know this is all an attempt to create tribal disharmony.

But it won't work. As long as Ondo is in the way between Delta and the rest of the SW, I can safely say that Tinubu's lecherous hands will never see oil revenue.

1 Like

Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by Desola(f): 11:42pm On Dec 17, 2013
Richard Damijo is zobo wayo, I believe.
Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by BishopMagic: 11:47pm On Dec 17, 2013
I see a day in the future when the Oduas will remember and reach out to the Igbos of Biafra as a long distant country man. This off course will be after theifnibu has plundered them for 30yrs and installed his grandson as president for life with almajiris and fulanis dominating their coastal capital and ravaging their rural areas for cattle rearing sake.
Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by Articul8(m): 11:47pm On Dec 17, 2013
Bishop Magic: This is your solution to peak oil subsidy?

I laff.

The Itshekiris have since repented on their silly misadvneture in trying to claim warri.

We all know this is all an attempt to create tribal disharmony.

But it won't work. As long as Ondo is in the way between Delta and the rest of the SW, I can safely say that Tinubu's lecherous hands will never see oil revenue.
Its a pity u can't see beyond ur big nose

10 Likes

Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by superstar1(m): 11:55pm On Dec 17, 2013
Bishop Magic: I see a day in the future when the Oduas will remember and reach out to the Igbos of Biafra as a long distant country man. This off course will be after theifnibu has plundered them for 30yrs and installed his grandson as president for life with almajiris and fulanis dominating their coastal capital and ravaging their rural areas for cattle rearing sake.

Tinubu is plundering us and investing same in SW, your leaders eg ouk,adaobi etc are devouring you and still investing same in SW.

Spot the difference.

18 Likes

Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by Mynd44: 11:56pm On Dec 17, 2013
"so many Bloodz in Compton, I had to get the NYC some" The Game

So many OPC in Lagos you have to get Warri some

1 Like

Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by BishopMagic: 11:57pm On Dec 17, 2013
Articul8:
Its a pity u can't see beyond ur big nose

Gani Adams is the head of a Tribal vigilante Militia which had in the past and continues to do so in the present, been involved in public lynchings.

By applauding OPC's presence in Warri on the guise of re-uniting with the Itshekiris that you claim as Yorubas, you then admit that the OPC is a the authentic Cultural and Traditional ambassadors of the Odua people.

We have not yet forgotten the troubles that occurred in the 90's which can be traced to Awolowo after the civil war trying desperately to yorubarize warri. Since that ugly past, Warri and Delta as a whole have long put the past behind them.

Do not come and foment your cheap and dirty tribal politics in Delta of all places which happens to be home to Ijaws, Isokos , Itshekiris , Urhobos and Igbos as well.

keep your nonsense xenophobia and tribal politicking in the SW!

The question that begs answeing now are:

1. Why now? In the wake of all the political tensions.
2. Are the Yorubas in general now recognizing Itshekiris as a long lost tribe and if so why now?
3. Is the OPC as a tribal vigilante militia now the head of cultural affairs in Odua land?
4. How come your broad nose that can fit a yam tuber in each separate nostril not see this before rushing to spew insults?

2 Likes

Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by atlwireles: 12:04am On Dec 18, 2013
I hope Gani Adams, is not trying to send some silly youths to their early graves in Warri. Yorubas, are better advised to keep off the State of Delta. For the sake of peace, carry your bad belle politics far away from the big heart state. We don't take prisoners here, you will only get a one time warning.

2 Likes

Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by BishopMagic: 12:08am On Dec 18, 2013
atlwireles: I hope Gani Adams, is not trying to send some silly youths to their early graves in Warri. Yorubas, are better advised to keep off the State of Delta. For the sake of peace, carry your bad belle politics far away from the big heart state. We don't take prisoners here, you will only get a one time warning.

abeg guy help me tell them ohh.

Them think say warri dey carry last like them wey one man don job enter one chance
Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by aljharem(m): 12:08am On Dec 18, 2013
Bishop Magic:

Gani Adams is the head of a Tribal vigilante Militia which had in the past and continues to do so in the present, been involved in public lynchings.

Yes public lynching of ethnic bigots like you.

Bishop Magic:

By applauding OPC's presence in Warri on the guise of re-uniting with the Itshekiris that you claim as Yorubas, you then admit that the OPC is a the authentic Cultural and Traditional ambassadors of the Odua people.

There is NO CLAIM here. [size=14pt]They are part and parcel of yorubas[/size] or do they act like villagers of the east to you ?

Bishop Magic:
We have not yet forgotten the troubles that occurred in the 90's which can be traced to Awolowo after the civil war trying desperately to yorubarize warri. Since that ugly past, Warri and Delta as a whole have long put the past behind them.

LOL Typical Igbo man !

Bishop Magic:
Do not come and foment your cheap and dirty tribal politics in Delta of all places which happens to be home to Ijaws, Isokos , Itshekiris , Urhobos and Igbos as well.

Again typical Igboman always accusing others of tribalism while they are the worst of them all. Or should I also remind you of Eyo Eta which can be linked to Azikwe

Bishop Magic:

2. Are the Yorubas in general now recognizing Itshekiris as a long lost tribe and if so why now?
3. Is the OPC as a tribal vigilante militia now the head of cultural affairs in Odua land?
4. How come your broad nose that can fit a yam tuber in each separate nostril not see this before rushing o spew insults?

1. Because this country may split and there should be no mistake of who's territory is who.

2. No they are not lost ! Never have they been lost. Even before the war, Itsekiris knew who they were and have nothing in common with tribalism. It is now because your silly brothers are already calling yorubas (itsekiris) biafrians

3. OPC can be called whatever you deem fit but one thing is certain, THEY DO THEIR JOB WELL !

4. LOL you are a very bitter igboman grin grin grin grin

20 Likes

Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by atlwireles: 12:09am On Dec 18, 2013
Ayekotoo: Richard MOFE DAMIJO, OMAWUNMI, Sam OMATSEYE, ORISHE FEMI, AYO ORISHAJAfor, Micheal OLOROGUN Ibru et all will be united with their kinsmen.

Since when did Olorogun Ibru from Agbarha-Otor, clan of Urhoboland become yoruba, dem born you well so
Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by aljharem(m): 12:09am On Dec 18, 2013
atlwireles: I hope Gani Adams, is not trying to send some silly youths to their early graves in Warri. Yorubas, are better advised to keep off the State of Delta. For the sake of peace, carry your bad belle politics far away from the big heart state. We don't take prisoners here, you will only get a one time warning.

DO YOUR WORST ! undecided
Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by DerideGull(m): 12:09am On Dec 18, 2013
@OP

Yoruba fortune hunting is beyond explanation with words.
Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by superstar1(m): 12:09am On Dec 18, 2013
Bishop Magic:

4. How come your broad nose that can fit a yam tuber in each separate nostril not see this before rushing o spew insults?

What is your headache and heart attack over fostering our ancestral lineage with our cousins?

Extend same to ikwerre and anioma or probably ijaw, if they will allow you.

11 Likes

Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by superstar1(m): 12:10am On Dec 18, 2013
DerideGull: @OP

Yoruba fortune hunting is beyond explanation with words.

Old man, do yourself the favour to read history about itshekiris and their lineage.

7 Likes

Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by atlwireles: 12:13am On Dec 18, 2013
alj harem:

DO YOUR WORST ! undecided

There is enough history to guide your boys. The last time they were all refugees in sapele. Push your lucky again, we will always defend what belongs to us in Warri without fear or favor. Cross your boundary in the creeks and the Ijaw, will show you who owns papa's land. By the way, use your barcansita and Ijaw_Citizen IDs to spew your yoruba rubbish.
Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by Articul8(m): 12:14am On Dec 18, 2013
Bishop Magic:

4. How come your broad nose that can fit a yam tuber in each separate nostril not see this before rushing to spew insults?
Will only answer ur last question. Its only a man like u dt sees tru d nose dt can ask d above questions. I wonder Wα̲̅†̥ u den tink tru.

1 Like

Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by BishopMagic: 12:15am On Dec 18, 2013
alj boko haram: 4. LOL you are a very bitter igboman

You know something in so many ways have I come to admire the Igbos and it took your tribal and unbridled hate and jealousy of them for me to see how resolute and enterprising they are.

The more you spew your lies the more I see the hypocrite and lazy naked jealousy you have for them.

You are seriously suffering from inferiority complex.

In a way I regret ever coming to this site because I have come to hate yorubas with passion.

I have taken topics from here and discussed with my friends and collegues and guess what my yoruba friends all sound like agbameta or gbawe.

I have since stopped associating with them.

[size=18pt]I am not Igbo! ODE ![/size]

Because I am not on the your sand drawn lines doesn't make me an Igbo .

Some of us have evovled beyond your cheap politicking thanks to good home training, education and exposure to know that all this crap is all for some cheap political gain and general jealousy.

I said to a northern colleague of mine just yesterday in the Office that the only thing making Nigeria work is Oil revenue and Igbos.

2 Likes

Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by DerideGull(m): 12:16am On Dec 18, 2013
superstar1:

Old man, do yourself the favour to read history about itshekiris and their lineage.

superfool1

Yes, the Itsekiri and Yoruba lineage disappeared when Nana of Itsekiri was chased by the British. No Oba in Yoruba land looked his way.

2 Likes

Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by superstar1(m): 12:17am On Dec 18, 2013
DerideGull:

superfool1

Yes, the Itsekiri and Yoruba lineage disappeared when Nana of Itsekiri was chased by the British. No Oba in Yoruba land looked his way.

Deludedmumu,

So how did that remove their ancestral lineage and linkage to Yorubas?

7 Likes

Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by aljharem(m): 12:17am On Dec 18, 2013
atlwireles:

There is enough history to guide your boys. The last time they were all refugees in sapele. Push your lucky again, we will always defend what belongs to us in Warri without fear or favor. Cross your boundary in the creeks and the Ijaw, will show you who owns papa's land.

Yes SIR ! IGWE we have heard you. grin grin grin which warri again sir or you mean Iwere ? Olu of warri (lord of warri) Ogiame Atuwatse II

4 Likes

Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by aljharem(m): 12:19am On Dec 18, 2013
Bishop Magic:

You know something in so many ways have I come to admire the Igbos and it took your tribal and unbridled hate and jealousy of them for me to see how resolute and enterprising they are.

The more you spew your lies the more I see the hypocrite and lazy naked jealousy you have for them.

You are seriously suffering from inferiority complex.

In a way I regret ever coming to this site because I have come to hate yorubas with passion.

I have taken topics from here and discussed with my friends and collegues and guess what my yoruba friends all sound like agbameta or gbawe.

I have since stopped associating with them.

[size=18pt]I am not Igbo! ODE ![/size]

Because I am not on the your sand drawn lines doesn't make me an Igbo .

Some of us have evovled beyond your cheap politicking thanks to good home training, education and exposure to know that all this crap is all for some cheap political gain and general jealousy.

I said to a northern colleague of mine just yesterday in the Office that the only thing making Nigeria work is Oil revenue and Igbos.

[size=18pt]I am not Nigerian! ODE ![/size] you see, it is envy that will kill you people. In your fit of anger you even decided to write in Yoruba. LOL

7 Likes

Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by aljharem(m): 12:20am On Dec 18, 2013
superstar1:

Deludedmumu,

So how did that remove their ancestral lineage and linkage to Yorubas?

nice reply

3 Likes

Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by aljharem(m): 12:24am On Dec 18, 2013
Members of the Oodua Nationalist Coalition and the Arogbo Ijaw Union, on Friday, agitated that regional autonomy should be discussed at the proposed National Conference being organised by the administration of President Goodluck Jonathan.

Members of the Oodua Nationalist Coalition armed with placards bearing various inscription, lined up at the entrances to the Babafunke Ajasin Hall, Akure, the Ondo State capital, where the meeting was held.

Some of the banners read: “50 million Yoruba people enough to form a nation, Stop Oppresing Itsekiri.”

The group’s demand was also contained in the recommendation it presented to the committee.

The recommendation was signed by 13 groups which comprise the Odua Nationalist Coalition include; Oodua self-determination committee (OSDC), O’odua Liberation Movement, The Covenant Group, Oodua Peoples Congress, O’odua Student Alliance, Itsekiri Nationalist Coalition, Yoruba Human Rights Research Centre, Yoruba Federalist Coalition, Apapo Oodua Koya and others.

The coalition said each region should be empowered to create states or countries on its own, stressing that the South West region be made up of Lagos, Oyo, Ogun, Osun, Ondo, Ekiti, Kwara and Yoruba speaking parts of Kogi, Edo and Itsekiri part of Delta state.

They also demanded for the abolition of the Nigeria Police Force.

The Arogbo Ijaw Union led by Chief Francis Williams also canvassed for regional autonomy saying any ethnic group seeking to go should be allowed.

http://www.punchng.com/news/national-conference-yoruba-ijaw-agitate-for-regional-autonomy/

3 Likes

Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by Desola(f): 12:24am On Dec 18, 2013
We have not yet forgotten the troubles that occurred in the 90's which can be traced to Awolowo after the civil war trying desperately to yorubarize warri

Are the Yorubas in general now recognizing Itshekiris as a long lost tribe and if so why now?

Schizophrenic f.uck! When next you do decide to write anything on this board, be sure to install your brain before doing so, as in lieu of your brain, your fingers type all kinds of contradictory rubbish! I think you'll serve yourself well by visiting Zamfara and have them chopped off to the elbow!

Spastic fauqer having a fit over a matter that has no bearing on his miserably wretched life!

Bishop Magic:

9 Likes

Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by BishopMagic: 12:25am On Dec 18, 2013
alj harem:

[size=18pt]I am not Nigerian! ODE ![/size] you see, it is envy that will kill you people. In your fit of anger you even decided to write in Yoruba. LOL

Envious of what?
Your beautiful women? or your squeaky clean cities? or is it your culinary delicacies or your contribution to science?

Warri is less than 6hours by road from Lagos and about 35mins by air. Go and start your Tribal/Jihad campaingn to reclaim warri sharp-sharp.

I am not speaking for Warri people ohh. Let them decide your fate.

By the way before you go to warri try re-connecting with your northern gambari cousins in Kwara and see if they want to be associated with you
Re: Gani Adams, Itsekiri Leaders Inaugurate OPC In Warri, Delta by atlwireles: 12:25am On Dec 18, 2013
alj harem:

Yes SIR ! IGWE we have heard you. grin grin grin which warri again sir or you mean Iwere ? Olu of warri (lord of warri) Ogiame Atuwatse II
Ijaw_Citizen aka barcanista ask your Olu to show you, which Warri he lords over. grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Last Lap: Tinubu Campaign Mulls Alliance With Smaller Parties / PDP To INEC: Release Authentic BVAS Results For Kaduna Governorship Election / Dilapidated Roads In Ijeshatedo Surulere Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.