Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,705 members, 7,809,683 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:00 PM

Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military (36583 Views)

Top 5 Careers That Can Make Your Spouse Cheat On You / Careers In Public Health / Best Paid Careers In Nigeria For 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by PresidentT(m): 10:19pm On Dec 23, 2013
Don Demu: I just de laff. A hell lot of funny blunders. Even the person claiming to be an ex-boy does not know common military jargons a barrack boy should know. Yet he is the one heading the horde answering people's enquiry...smh

Dude. Could u help with these questions?
1. Which is better for a medical doctor: the sss or dssc?
2. Airforce? Navy or Army?
3. Can one rise to the peak of the ladder I.e Lt Gen as a medical doctor?
4. What's the salary structure like for the medical doctor?
Thank u.
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by blakky97(m): 10:59pm On Dec 23, 2013
Question; if I an intimidated by a soldier, and my right violated, what should I do?
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by mkoabiola: 11:28pm On Dec 23, 2013
So many funny questions.
Military will NEVER take or admit any candidate with physical disability,even if u knw a general.
Able body men ar struggling to get admitted not talk of dos wit physical disabilty.
Na for d race he go die.
Even if u ar sickle cell patient,don't try it,unless d person is ready to die.
D maximum age is 35 for entry.

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by Gentlesniper(m): 11:29pm On Dec 23, 2013
Don Demu: I just de laff. A hell lot of funny blunders. Even the person claiming to be an ex-boy does not know common military jargons a barrack boy should know. Yet he is the one heading the horde answering people's enquiry...smh
guy calm down, the op has no nid 2 display millitary jargons here, jst contribute 2 d topic and make corrections where neccesary...mind u, Nms no b NDA
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by sassyangel1(f): 11:34pm On Dec 23, 2013
Okpuzu01: In d military, we v other rank n officers cadre. Some ppl believe dat wen dey join d military as a private soldier, chances r dat dey will get to d rank of Major General. Others believs dat wit der degree from the university, wen they join officer's cadre as a short service commissioned officer, dey will get to d rank of Major General. Most ppl dnt know d difference between a regular officer dat spent 4yrs in NDA n a short service commisioned officer dat spend just 6months in d NDA. Feel free to ask me any question bothering u about carrear in the military. I waz der for 12yrs. I voluntarily discharged, I am a military pensioner n a businessman nw.

R u an exboy? If yes,I would like to know ur set.
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by bisayor(m): 11:35pm On Dec 23, 2013
frankgreat: Oga army, i really want to join army, am a graduate of information technology, my question is, as an IT personnel will i be drafted to go to war front? I wan join but i no wan fight...
You won join but you no won fight. Military aint for cowards bro.

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by sassyangel1(f): 11:45pm On Dec 23, 2013
Slimmos:
My friend u are right but NDA is 5years and not 4years.....@op...am 1million percent sure dat u are an Ex Boy (Nigeria military school graduate) wic am also one...

What year r u cos ma hubby is an exboy too. I would also like to knw ur name...

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 11:47pm On Dec 23, 2013
bisayor:
You won join but you no won fight. Military aint for cowards bro.
Fighting doesn't prove bravery or running cowardice.
But the simple truth is this, if not for the mishaps in the Nigerian system, a lot of us won't join. Even if you fit beat army man, u gast maintain make accidental discharge no enter ur belle.
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by sassyangel1(f): 11:48pm On Dec 23, 2013
Don Demu:
Guy if na ex-boy him be den he's either on kush or na Col Bulus C130 drill culprit...lol.

NMS 95, bravo coy. hw abt u?

NMS 97 foxtroit coy,ma hubby...
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by kennethcoh1997: 12:37am On Dec 24, 2013
My own question is that can i join a soldier as a medical doctor after graduating from the university and will i be given high rank like major gen
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by Nobody: 1:17am On Dec 24, 2013
Gentle..sniper:
guy calm down, the op has no nid 2 display millitary jargons here, jst contribute 2 d topic and make corrections where neccesary...mind u, Nms no b NDA
And who said NMS is NDA? But do you expect an ex-boy who passed out, be it he is now on study leave or in active service to be talking like a civilian on military matters? With a single sentence i can tell if one is a peronnel or he was in NMS but even dashed on awol or was dismissed in his class1 when he speaks. You expect a service personnel to tell you a shortservice commissioned officer can change to a regular instead of convert to a regular? How do you expect someone in any arm of service to link d executive commissioning i mentioned wit conversion course? How can an ex-boy tell you he graduated from NMS instead instead of he Passed out. Ok i free una make una dey buy d garbge they are selling to you guys
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by Nobody: 1:33am On Dec 24, 2013
PresidentT:

Dude. Could u help with these questions?
1. Which is better for a medical doctor: the sss or dssc?
2. Airforce? Navy or Army?
3. Can one rise to the peak of the ladder I.e Lt Gen as a medical doctor?
4. What's the salary structure like for the medical doctor?
Thank u.
1. DSSC
2. Depends on the arm of service you want. Dats ur personal choice
3. Lets say Maj Gen but that depends on d availabity of slot for conversion but anything goes in naija even in d armed forces
4. Salary is the same but the allowances make d huge difference. officers in the medical corp earn higher than their coursemates in other corps. Dat applies to any of the arm of service. But then d issue of appointment is also there
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by Nobody: 1:37am On Dec 24, 2013
sassy angel:

NMS 97 foxtroit coy,ma hubby...
Then tell him to double dash and come pay compliment to his senior ex-boy before i warm his pot...just kidding grin
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by DrRiley(m): 1:45am On Dec 24, 2013
NMS 06 golf coy
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by sassyangel1(f): 1:57am On Dec 24, 2013
Don Demu:
Then tell him to double dash and come pay compliment to his senior ex-boy before i warm his pot...just kidding grin

Pls pm me cos I may knw u. I knw most of the senior ex boys cos I am a gallant n good to go exgirl(monsup)
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by fuckluv(f): 1:58am On Dec 24, 2013
So many unanswered questions here now.
Where is OP? sad
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by Businesstools(m): 2:11am On Dec 24, 2013
fuckluv: So many unanswered questions here now.
Where is OP? sad
The Op is on AWOL.
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by megadeath: 6:20am On Dec 24, 2013
Dear OP. Nice write up but you made some factual errors here. Many can be ignored though. Let me quickly say the duration for Regular Combatant training is 5 years as opposed to the 4 years u said and that of Short Service training is 9 months and noot 6 months.

Also you said a short service officer, finishes his training and is granted a full Lieutenant rank. That is not true. Both Regular combatants and Short Service combatant are granted the second lieutenant commissions with different ante-date on rank. It is the Direct short service commission for professionals such as doctors and lawyers that grants you a full Lieutenant rank immediately on commission.

You made quite some more mistakes. Please enquire better before posting. Cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by Nobody: 6:30am On Dec 24, 2013
I have seen military men abusing and intimidating civilians,collecting their black ankle length black boots and green clothes,harrassing people in green colored cars,fighting policemen,i have seen an army colonel pull down someones fence.

How do you report these people?
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by Nobody: 6:44am On Dec 24, 2013
blakky97: Question; if I an intimidated by a soldier, and my right violated, what should I do?

Somebody should please answer the above.
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by lance4luv(m): 7:54am On Dec 24, 2013
Please sir can you tell me the range is the salary by ranks, I am not asking for a precise figure, just the range. From the first rank of a short-service military personnel, what range will his salary be? And will he be entitled to benefits? House(flat)? Car?

So if/when I put in for it I will know what to expect, if I can raise a family off it, pay bills, establish..

Thank you.
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by lance4luv(m): 8:00am On Dec 24, 2013
gbosaa: I have seen military men abusing and intimidating civilians,collecting their black ankle length black boots and green clothes,harrassing people in green colored cars,fighting policemen,i have seen an army colonel pull down someones fence.

How do you report these people?
Why not "join" and never be harassed.
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by akereconfi: 8:07am On Dec 24, 2013
Don Demu:

Please Help with my questions

I will be doing a course in Computer Science Forensics and Security, and I discussed with my dad about my intention of Joining the armed Forces (SSS or NA) but not NPF. He gave me the go ahead since he is a retired commandant in NSCDC. By 2016, I should have graduated from the UK with Bsc. How can I go about it and where will I start from if I wanna get enlisted into the N A

I have the zeal and passion to work as a computer forensics

Do they have any section in the army that can accommodate my profession ??

Will I carry Gun?

Will I be sent on Peace Keeping mission?

My mum didn't smile one bit when she heard my intentions(even when I left debreczen)
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by lance4luv(m): 8:08am On Dec 24, 2013
gbosaa:

Somebody should please answer the above.
That "question" should be for another thread. This poster is just trying to help us with first hand military "career" enquires which we can't really get anywhere and you people are now harassing him. Please act mature, or "pretend" to be mature. What he is doing is a good thing, do not discourage him.

He is here to help us answer career questions and we are not paying him for it, he is doing it out of his on good will, no one is paying him to answer us, please! use the opportunity "wisely" and ASK REASONABLE QUESTIONS.
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by Nobody: 8:40am On Dec 24, 2013
akereconfi:

Please Help with my questions

I will be doing a course in Computer Science Forensics and Security, and I discussed with my dad about my intention of Joining the armed Forces (SSS or NA) but not NPF. He gave me the go ahead since he is a retired commandant in NSCDC. By 2016, I should have graduated from the UK with Bsc. How can I go about it and where will I start from if I wanna get enlisted into the N A

I have the zeal and passion to work as a computer forensics

Do they have any section in the army that can accommodate my profession ??

Will I carry Gun?

Will I be sent on Peace Keeping mission?

My mum didn't smile one bit when she heard my intentions(even when I left debreczen)
What do you mean by carrying a gun? Is it that you want to know if you will be in active combat operations?

Yes you there is a corp you can fit in

For peace keeping, of course yes if your unit is being deployed
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by Nobody: 8:44am On Dec 24, 2013
sassy angel:

Pls pm me cos I may knw u. I knw most of the senior ex boys cos I am a gallant n good to go exgirl(monsup)
I dunno how to use this NL messaging stuff Mrs galant EX-GIRL
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by defashan: 9:03am On Dec 24, 2013
Don Demu: I dunno how to use this NL messaging stuff Mrs galant EX-GIRL

Dont insult Mrs galant EX-GIRL..
she said she knew most of the senior "boys" where her hubby was.
Just try and pm her,she might be good to you too,
Dont forget her hubby might find out and theres been lots of news about kalashinikov lately
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by lance4luv(m): 9:06am On Dec 24, 2013
defashan:

Dont forget her hubby might find out and theres been lots of news about kalashinikov lately
He is not insulting her.
He doesn't know how to use Nairaland's "PM".
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by lance4luv(m): 9:10am On Dec 24, 2013
lance4luv: Please sir can you tell me the range is the salary by ranks, I am not asking for a precise figure, just the range. From the first rank of a short-service military personnel, what range will his salary be? And will he be entitled to benefits? House(flat)? Car?

So if/when I put in for it I will know what to expect, if I can raise a family off it, pay bills, establish..

Thank you.
@OP, or anyone that knows, please answer.
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by sassyangel1(f): 9:16am On Dec 24, 2013
defashan:

Ahhhhh.... He's nt insulting me ooo or do u wnt ma hubby 2 tell me 2 sit on ma head(if he hears dt I don't pay compliment to senior EX-BOYS) ? God bless the Military School...

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by Nobody: 9:18am On Dec 24, 2013
lance4luv: Please sir can you tell me the range is the salary by ranks, I am not asking for a precise figure, just the range. From the first rank of a short-service military personnel, what range will his salary be? And will he be entitled to benefits? House(flat)? Car?

Thank you.

Military is not for people like you whose primary concern is the financial aspect of the proffession.
If you have real passion for it,salary,cars,house,flats etc should be the least of your worries.
While you are preoccupied about financial gains,be wary of the fact that you might not live to enjoy even the pension package.
You could end in a body bag.

Military isnt Boys Scout Movement or Banking Jobs where you compare salary structures.
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by sassyangel1(f): 9:18am On Dec 24, 2013
lance4luv:
He is not insulting her.
He doesn't know how to use Nairaland's "PM".

Lance4luv, he's jst joking ooo. We understd ourselves... Thks...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Meg Reuben Dancing 'Shaku Shaku' During Her Call To Bar In Ontario / 8 Things The Most Successful People Do Every Night / What Jobs Are Available For A Graduate Of Political Science

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.