Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,102 members, 7,957,119 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:24 AM

Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military (37345 Views)

Top 5 Careers That Can Make Your Spouse Cheat On You / Careers In Public Health / Best Paid Careers In Nigeria For 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by sassyangel1(f): 9:21am On Dec 24, 2013
gbosaa:

Military is not for people like you whose primary concern is the financial aspect of the proffession.
If you have real passion for it,salary,cars,house,flats etc should be the least of your worries.
While you are preoccupied about financial gains,be wary of the fact that you might not live to enjoy even the pension package.
You could end in a body bag.

Military isnt Boys Scout Movement or Banking Jobs where you compare salary structures.

Gbam!!! D exact truth. Only the wives and family members of a military personnel can tell you what they r facing, the countless prayers, sleepless night esp since d boko political tinz...

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by sassyangel1(f): 9:23am On Dec 24, 2013
Don Demu: I dunno how to use this NL messaging stuff Mrs galant EX-GIRL

I'v sent a PM to you...

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by defashan: 9:37am On Dec 24, 2013
lance4luv:
He is not insulting her.
He doesn't know how to use Nairaland's "PM".

Young man go and get a job.Stop taking paracetamol for someone else's headache.
My comment wasnt meant for you.

btw you should be in the romance section with a name like lance4luv not here.
i wish you luck though in your quest join the army
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by Nobody: 10:01am On Dec 24, 2013
defashan:

Dont insult Mrs galant EX-GIRL..
she said she knew most of the senior "boys" where her hubby was.
Just try and pm her,she might be good to you too,
Dont forget her hubby might find out and theres been lots of news about kalashinikov lately
See wetin overdose of Alomo dey do you

sassy angel:

Ahhhhh.... He's nt insulting me ooo or do u wnt ma hubby 2 tell me 2 sit on ma head(if he hears dt I don't pay compliment to senior EX-BOYS) ? God bless the Military School...
lance4luv:
He is not insulting her.
He doesn't know how to use Nairaland's "PM".
sassy angel:

Lance4luv, he's jst joking ooo. We understd ourselves... Thks...
Nagode plenty plenty
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by Nobody: 10:08am On Dec 24, 2013
sassy angel:

I'v sent a PM to you...
How do I view it? I cant find in my mailbox (neither inbox no spam folders)
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by sassyangel1(f): 10:14am On Dec 24, 2013
Don Demu:
How do I view it? I cant find in my mailbox (neither inbox no spam folders)

You'll see a msg sent from nairaland forum requesting for your permission to receive a msg 4rm me. If u accept n send a msg,I can chat or send a private msg 2 u. I resent a pm...
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by Nobody: 10:19am On Dec 24, 2013
sassy angel:

You'll see a msg sent from nairaland forum requesting for your permission to receive a msg 4rm me. If u accept n send a msg,I can chat or send a private msg 2 u. I resent a pm...
Aye Aye Ma
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by lance4luv(m): 10:20am On Dec 24, 2013
Hmm.. I rest my case
I know someday I will join the military of some better country
If Nigeria military won't take me it's their lose
They screened me out of NDA, medicals -myopia.
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by Nobody: 10:24am On Dec 24, 2013
sassy angel:

This is what i can see and there is nothing in my mailbox

Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by sassyangel1(f): 10:32am On Dec 24, 2013
Don Demu:
This is what i can see and there is nothing in my mailbox

Exactly... Check ur yahoomail or e-mail inbox. Those words written in red is a notification alert. All u gat 2 do is 2 open ur e-mail address n u'll see a pm 4rm me. Expecting a mail from you sir.
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by Nobody: 10:46am On Dec 24, 2013
sassy angel:

Exactly... Check ur yahoomail or e-mail inbox. Those words written in red is a notification alert. All u gat 2 do is 2 open ur e-mail address n u'll see a pm 4rm me. Expecting a mail from you sir.
Ok Ma'am, I'll get in touch later then
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by Felixedigin(m): 11:14am On Dec 24, 2013
I already have 5 god father to help me. I check my blood every is done even the form is been filled since 2month now. My question is what if i pass the jam and didn't do well in the NDA exam will i enter
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by maigida231(m): 11:34am On Dec 24, 2013
Oga okpuku,morning sir,compliment of the season,nice topic sir,sir tins have change in the arm forces after 2006,those days short service officers find it difficult to pass the rank of major bt nw the do reach major general alot of dem in both the arm forces sir,it jus depend on the available slot n how d ofr passes d promotion exams,sir nda course 54 were d only one that pass out with 4yrs in 2006,am nt sure of course 55 after 2006 the return it back to 5yrs regards to the poor perfomerance,the r two short service commission which r dss for professional course being offer in the university such as law,doctors etc which is 6months of training wil b commission as a full liet,while ssc is any course being offer in the university,its 9 months of training n will b commission as 2nd lieut then after 6 months will b full lieut n ssc is base on field operation nt as dss office tins,as far as i knw there is nothing like godfatherism in military is days,people u tink r ur godfather r d one that will even Bleep u up.pls we that r military personel should pls avoid disagreeing with wit our fellow comrade wic is forbiden in military commandment in open place lyk nairaland,the op make is point regarding is service days in the military in 2006 let respect him becos is nt easy to serve ur father land,all the fellow nairaland wan to join the military ur all welcome to the pride rock,i join nt to make money nt jus the passion i have for it,pls ignore any spelling mistake cos am driving the thread is too sweet for me to ignore. GOD bless Nigeria GOD bless nigeria army.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by jnoz23(m): 2:44pm On Dec 24, 2013
who no go no go know! any interested party should go & buy form

dis job na mad man job,
&
Na only army dey hype nms, ahoy no dey send dat shit

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by sassyangel1(f): 3:25pm On Dec 24, 2013
jnoz23: who no go no go know! any interested party should go & buy form

dis job na mad man job,
&

Y d beef?!u tink say 2 train 4 six solid yrs as a soldier n nt 6 months na beans?! Jst because u aint opportuned 2 get ur ass in2 nms means dt itz poo... N 4 ur info,NMS is only meant for soldiers except they decide to get in2 NDA n switch to other forces...

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by bengunsman(m): 4:10pm On Dec 24, 2013
Okpuzu01: In d military, we v other rank n officers cadre. Some ppl believe dat wen dey join d military as a private soldier, chances r dat dey will get to d rank of Major General. Others believs dat wit der degree from the university, wen they join officer's cadre as a short service commissioned officer, dey will get to d rank of Major General. Most ppl dnt know d difference between a regular officer dat spent 4yrs in NDA n a short service commisioned officer dat spend just 6months in d NDA. Feel free to ask me any question bothering u about carrear in the military. I waz der for 12yrs. I voluntarily discharged, I am a military pensioner n a businessman nw.
. MooonSoooop
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by bengunsman(m): 4:36pm On Dec 24, 2013
Slimmos:
Navy has d highest salary
Followed by air force.
na army dey collect small money pass oo for force oo..d tin dey pain me oooo no b small..but me no dey even Go my station but i dey collect salary for flexing..all thanks to Nigeria military school....(ex Boy tinz)
Bringing out urself as a dodger in a
public forum I will make sure I freeze ur Acc and book u on AWOL. India Mike Mike.

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by Ddy(m): 4:39pm On Dec 24, 2013
Why is Nigerian Navy not recruiting this year. i mean DSSC 22 after collecting #2500 from us.conducted exam then cancel the recruitment. I need an urgent reply cos am nt happy abt that.
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 24, 2013
jnoz23: who no go no go know! any interested party should go & buy form

dis job na mad man job,
&
like seriously for the sake of comradeship u for hear word ooo.many are born but few are ex-boys

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by Businesstools(m): 5:19pm On Dec 24, 2013
Ddy: Why is Nigerian Navy not recruiting this year. i mean DSSC 22 after collecting #2500 from us.conducted exam then cancel the recruitment. I need an urgent reply cos am nt happy abt that.
False info you got there. The recruitment is not cancelled. By Jan or Feb 2014, the list of shortlisted candidates will be published.
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by Nobody: 5:36pm On Dec 24, 2013
Pls do we have snipers in the nigerian army, I am in need of a sniper, I have a mouth watering offer 4 dem....
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by Gentlesniper(m): 5:47pm On Dec 24, 2013
Don Demu:
And who said NMS is NDA? But do you expect an ex-boy who passed out, be it he is now on study leave or in active service to be talking like a civilian on military matters? With a single sentence i can tell if one is a peronnel or he was in NMS but even dashed on awol or was dismissed in his class1 when he speaks. You expect a service personnel to tell you a shortservice commissioned officer can change to a regular instead of convert to a regular? How do you expect someone in any arm of service to link d executive commissioning i mentioned wit conversion course? How can an ex-boy tell you he graduated from NMS instead instead of he Passed out. Ok i free una make una dey buy d garbge they are selling to you guys
kk, I now understand ur point bro, and I also observed those errors 4rm d op.......tho I didn't bother cos I really don't av need 4 those infos.....I also serve with the NA

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by bracooloye(m): 5:53pm On Dec 24, 2013
Pls I want to know how much is the allowance giving to student of the NDA
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by bracooloye(m): 6:08pm On Dec 24, 2013
Since your dad is a comandant in NSCDC why don't u want to go for NSCDC
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 6:27pm On Dec 24, 2013
bracooloye: Since your dad is a comandant in NSCDC why don't u want to go for NSCDC
You are evil I swear. Lol
He doesn't want to become the oga at the top.
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by Nobody: 7:15pm On Dec 24, 2013
sassy angel:

I still cant find any mail and am so fed up with d whole thing angry
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by Nobody: 7:32pm On Dec 24, 2013
bengunsman:
Bringing out urself as a dodger in a
public forum I will make sure I freeze ur Acc and book u on AWOL. India Mike Mike.
Chai u remided me of that MS circular. I flaunted it, way and manner..my acc was frozen for 4mnts cos i did like 6months i nevaer report and am not on paper., only d regular ex-boys study leave parade. Yours truely served a whole day in guardroom with serious fatique (and na rainy season) and did 2days serving as no1 at the gate, Mambila barracks (HQ Garisson), checking civilians car boot, paying compliments to junior ex-boys who are now officers..way and manner. My regimental police no help matters at all. Sha na indirect savings cos after every every the way i spend dat money could best be described as 'balling outta control', grin No more assuming when it comes to papa alpha yankee tinz oo
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by Nobody: 7:35pm On Dec 24, 2013
Gentle..sniper:
kk, I now understand ur point bro, and I also observed those errors 4rm d op.......tho I didn't bother cos I really don't av need 4 those infos.....I also serve with the NA
Thank God you did and you better be an armour personnel @your moniker grin
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by Nobody: 7:40pm On Dec 24, 2013
Niger delta boi:
like seriously for the sake of comradeship u for hear word ooo.many are born but few are ex-boys
..even among the fittest, only the fittest survive. Army, best way of life
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by Dammysmart: 8:17pm On Dec 24, 2013
I've bin folown ds thread buh u dnt seem 2 ans dis questn 'salary structure' wat we mean is u as an officer 'major' 'sergeant' or anytn aw much u earn monthly jst tel us or is it a secret tin u're told neva 2 disclose? Cos i cn tek u my dad is a police officer 'asp' and earns 65800 as salary xo wats dere?? Wat dis civilians wanna knw is if d salary wil b okay 4 dem 2 survive as an officer. And moreova i dnt c anytn in disclosn ur salary since we dnt even knw u. Pls ex boys nd ma distinguished military personnel, assist us wit dis
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by bengunsman(m): 9:15pm On Dec 24, 2013
Can any military guy here interpret this?
Di Dit. Di dah di dit. Da da da. Di di di dah. Dit. Dah. Di di di dit. Dit. Di dah. Dit dah dit. Dah dah. Dah di di dah dah.

Who can interpret this code ?
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by Nelsonia100(m): 9:54pm On Dec 24, 2013
pls sir is merchant navy recognized as arm force in nigeria and treated wit respect as odas arm forces??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? / FRSC Officials Safeguard Nigerian-Norwegian Man's Money, Items / Call To Bar 2022: How A Little Girls Dream Became A Reality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.