Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,083 members, 7,818,243 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military (36647 Views)

Top 5 Careers That Can Make Your Spouse Cheat On You / Careers In Public Health / Best Paid Careers In Nigeria For 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by DrRiley(m): 6:33am On Dec 30, 2013
Madawaki01: mehn!!!,to get admission without knowing anybody,u have a very slim chance,i'm talking frm experience,minimum age is 17years while maximum is 21 years,for airforce candidates,maximum years is 19 years,check the link on my signature for n.d.a applicants thread.
pls sir are u dat same officer that was decorated recently
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by Ogarj(m): 8:18am On Dec 30, 2013
Plz i wuld like 2 knw wot kinds of Medical test one wil undergo durin Screening 4 Recruits(NA,NAF & NN) n plz must 1 knw hw 2 swim wen goin 4 NN?
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by Nelsonia100(m): 11:43am On Dec 30, 2013
who are the SSS and are they recognized as military men
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by Madawaki01(m): 11:06pm On Dec 30, 2013
Dr Riley: pls sir are u dat same officer that was decorated recently
NO,I AM NOT
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by Madawaki01(m): 11:10pm On Dec 30, 2013
Nelsonia100: who are the SSS and are they recognized as military men
hahaha,NELSON ISONGIDOK JNR,how u dey?the internet is one small place,dis is the guy u just finished arguing with in the Police academy group on fb,about maritime academy been recognised as a military outfit(dnt wanna reveal ma name)u cn ask men with vast experience in military matters here,bro,truth is bitter,U ARE A CIVILIAN.
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by Ogarj(m): 10:20am On Dec 31, 2013
Ogarj: Plz i wuld like 2 knw wot kinds of Medical test one wil undergo durin Screening 4 Recruits(NA,NAF & NN) n plz must 1 knw hw 2 swim wen goin 4 NN?
Ogarj: Plz i wuld like 2 knw wot kinds of Medical test one wil undergo durin Screening 4 Recruits(NA,NAF & NN) n plz must 1 knw hw 2 swim wen goin 4 NN?
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by Madawaki01(m): 1:39pm On Jan 04, 2014
Dr Riley: pls sir are u dat same officer that was decorated recently
not me
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by DrRiley(m): 9:52pm On Jan 04, 2014
Madawaki01: not me
okay
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by guruvick(m): 4:44am On Jan 05, 2014
Please what is the difference between Direct short service and Short service commission
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by Arobake: 9:02am On Jan 05, 2014
Don Demu:
Then tell him to double dash and come pay compliment to his senior ex-boy before i warm his pot...just kidding grin

Sassyangel (ex-girl), Oga Don Demu (is this d same as DomOm....the maths guru? If you get my drift..?), Oga Riley, and all my husbands -exboys- in d house, very warm greetings.

Oga Don, I just wanted to ask please, if you know any exboy at d HQ in Abuja who"l be willing to assist me with my children's late offr's scholarship issue. I have been trying for several years to collect it. (And is there any hope of us being able to collect it in arrears? Or should we just forget it).
His last posting was 332 Arty Shendam.
Huge thanks.
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by jpphilips(m): 4:08pm On Jan 07, 2014
Abdul-Majeed:
really I love this post...I want to join the military but I don't have any relation in the military... I applied for NDA twice..I wrote the exam but was bit given admission.....I really desire to serve my country but d opportunity is. not given to me....

Which country? Boys get mind ooo, if Nigerians can die for that sh:t hole then I need to see a Shrink ASAP
i no hail una again ooo, i fear una!!
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by jpphilips(m): 4:46pm On Jan 07, 2014
Don Demu:
God bless my godfahter. Sir how i wish I can get in touch as regard my CO who might be your junior or ur coursemate or someone you know. I and i serve at 33 Field Artillery Brigade Sir and my CO is pursuing me way and manner...without me buying any job or flaunting orders. Am an ex-boy (NMS 95) and i dont fail to report as per the current Circular and for the sake of papa alpha yankeee Sir. I know i am not suppose to utter such here (Sir i dont know how to use the NL PM) but it is so galring that my platoon officer and even my regimental police both ask if i once bought the Officer's blanket job. Sir the last time i reported (all d way to bauchi} i met his absencce but decided to get in touch to let him know i reported just to make sure he doesnt book me, find fault or enter my dossier. As if NA is his village army, immediately i called he ordered me to travel down to Jos (HQ 3DIV) to see him which i did. only for him ask him to order me back as he picked the usual falt he likes picking that on a starchable on a thurday. It took the special grace of God before he formally released me for the concluded 42 SSC AFSB interview. Sir what do you think i should do in this case? Permission Sir...

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin you are one hell of a funny guy!, it took me a 3hr research to figure out what you wrote up there, but i thought you soldiers aint supposed to say such in public, correct me if im wrong.
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by Nobody: 3:28am On Jan 08, 2014
Arobake: .

Sassyangel (ex-girl), Oga Don Demu (is this d same as DomOm....the maths guru? If you get my drift..?), Oga Riley, and all my husbands -exboys- in d house, very warm greetings.

Oga Don, I just wanted to ask please, if you know any exboy at d HQ in Abuja who"l be willing to assist me with my children's late offr's scholarship issue. I have been trying for several years to collect it. (And is there any hope of us being able to collect it in arrears? Or should we just forget it).
His last posting was 332 Arty Shendam. (NMS/80 set with Oga Col Jubi If.(NAEC) oga C Odey, and I think oga Col (Dr) JUO Bsy (NAMC) ...etc)
Huge thanks.
"...my children's late offr's scholarship issue"
Lemme assume u mean ur dad/hubby was in active service when he passed on and entitlements havent been fully paid right? If thats d case i can contact one or two but must it be a senior Ex-boy? Chief of Logistics, DHQ was delta alpha delta Mil-Asst when former was still serving and is som1 i have unrestricted access to and he MIGHT help. But if u can exercise more patience for a lil while, delta alpha delta who was once HQ Abj Garrisson commander and one time MS (Army) , presently is outta d country. You might get lucky for me to be able to covince him to place a call tru to the 4th floor and that will most def do it. Meanwhile if u in a hurry, i cn link u wimma bro, a Lt Col bt in Brigade of Guards for advice on how u go abt it way and manner. Hopeu get all docs ready no be say u go push me go collito myself as confirmed clown

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by Nobody: 3:31am On Jan 08, 2014
jp philips:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin you are one hell of a funny guy!, it took me a 3hr research to figure out what you wrote up there, but i thought you soldiers aint supposed to say such in public, correct me if im wrong.
You aint wrong but u sure cant see Don Demu on my name tag cs its Nig Army and not NL Army grin tongue grin. BTW wetin de mek u laff sef?
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by KDULAR: 3:57am On Jan 08, 2014
Guess you have a different experience from what I observe , having worked with them and observed closely, the confidence is in most cases due to Regular Commissioned officers in the higher ranks tend to promote and invest in those of similar commissioning thereby giving the juniors ranked officers an expression of confidence. Except in extreme brilliance and in some corp in all the military will you see a non- Regular commissioned officer be recognized, appointed, inputs/effort commensurately rewarded and encouragement given equally. Being less humane could and indeed is due to the generalize assumptions by other ranks that non- RcC officers are less combatant thus will want to cross boundaries which they knowing the difference in your regard will without blinking clear your doubt.

Businesstools: I disagree. I belong to the other rank, so I don't know a thing about Officer Training (Regular or DSS), but from experience, the Regular Officers have more confidence and are more combatant than their DSS counterparts. They are also more humane towards the other ranks.
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by billtommy(m): 8:05pm On Jan 08, 2014
This are my questions pls

I intend joining the army via SSC, after conversion, would I be able to command a parade and be allowed to get a juicy appointment?

And as we know SSC starts with one star, how long does it take for an SSC officer tobe promoted to d rank of a 2 star? RC peeps take a year or thereabout, is it d same for SSC officers?
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by Arobake: 5:27am On Jan 09, 2014
Don Demu:
"...my children's late offr's scholarship issue"
Lemme assume u mean ur dad/hubby was in active service when he passed on and entitlements havent been fully paid right? If thats d case i can contact one or two but must it be a senior Ex-boy? Chief of Logistics, DHQ was delta alpha delta Mil-Asst when former was still serving and is som1 i have unrestricted access to and he MIGHT help. But if u can exercise more patience for a lil while, delta alpha delta who was once HQ Abj Garrisson commander and one time MS (Army) , presently is outta d country. You might get lucky for me to be able to covince him to place a call tru to the 4th floor and that will most def do it. Meanwhile if u in a hurry, i cn link u wimma bro, a Lt Col bt in Brigade of Guards for advice on how u go abt it way and manner. Hopeu get all docs ready no be say u go push me go collito myself as confirmed clown

Thank you very much. I can wait-since that seems more certain. I have waited for a loooong time as it were. A few more weeks/months if it's more likely to bring results will be no problem. Yes, it's my husband. He died in active service in 1995 (he was just 32); and it doesn't have to be a snr exboy. I just thot someone who knew him might be more able to assist. He finished at NMS in 1980. And, yes, I have all d necessary docs. Thanks again.
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by chat2deen(m): 6:03pm On Jan 09, 2014
guruvick: Please what is the difference between Direct short service and Short service commission

you did not specify the arm of service, i mean DSSC Army or Navy or Airforce, since you want to different between DSSC and SSC u are refering to Army!
DSSC is an intensive 6-9 months intensive military training for professionals drawn from various disciplines to serve as officers in the non combatant services/ corps of d army! in army we have combat arms (infantry,armour,artillery) and non combat arms(legal service,education,) combat support arms(medicals,intelligence,military police) e.t.c. age 22-35 yrs,its mearnt 4 doctors, teachers,engineers! dey are mostly not directly involved in combat operations unless in some cases!cos u are given training to depend our country! bullets dont differentiate btw combatant and non-combatant! DSSC is mearnt 4 dos whom want 2 have a taste of military life without spending much time in d job,as its 4 a probation of 3yrs and a total of 10yrs service unless upon conversion to DRC(direct regular commission),at d end of training of DSSC u will commisioned into the NA as a lieutenant(2 stars) for doctors,lawyers,registered architects and phd holders will be given 3months seniority.

SSC is an intensive 9months at NDA, it aims to produce officers to serve in the combat arms of NA,SSC is an opportunity given to young Nigerians with civil qualifications b.sc/b.a/hnd to serve NA,at d end of d training they are posted to various combat arms irrespective of ur discpilne,meaning a holder of b.sc economics/accounting can b posted 2 infantry . age 24-29 and u will b commissioned into ,NA as a second lieutenant (1 star) ssc upon conversion will be regular combatant (RC).
for more explaination or enquires lay ur hands on HTACOS(harmonized terms and condition of service )

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by chat2deen(m): 6:20pm On Jan 09, 2014
billtommy: This are my questions pls

I intend joining the army via SSC, after conversion, would I be able to command a parade and be allowed to get a juicy appointment?

And as we know SSC starts with one star, how long does it take for an SSC officer tobe promoted to d rank of a 2 star? RC peeps take a year or thereabout, is it d same for SSC officers?

My friend like 2 have a juicy appointment? Upon conversion on ur 7th year in d service! U wil b come a regular combatant officer! D same as dos dat spend 5yrs in d academy! U are ability 2 deliver and produce result determines ur recommendation 4 "juicy appointment" as u called it, but let God decide 4 u as over greedness can lead to an early grave. All officers are commanders @various levels 2nd lieutenant/ lieutenants are platoon commanders! Commanding able body of 33 men!
Upon commission as 2ndLt u will b given an anti-date or wat we called seniority of 2 and half years, u will hang the 1 pip 4 anoda 2 and half years b4 promoted 2 lieutenant. Get HTACOS 12 revised edition 4 d latest information.
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by Ogarj(m): 12:40am On Jan 10, 2014
Ogarj: [color=#006600][/color]
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by guruvick(m): 9:43am On Jan 10, 2014
chat2deen:

you did not specify the arm of service, i mean DSSC Army or Navy or Airforce, since you want to different between DSSC and SSC u are refering to Army!
DSSC is an intensive 6-9 months intensive military training for professionals drawn from various disciplines to serve as officers in the non combatant services/ corps of d army! in army we have combat arms (infantry,armour,artillery) and non combat arms(legal service,education,) combat support arms(medicals,intelligence,military police) e.t.c. age 22-35 yrs,its mearnt 4 doctors, teachers,engineers! dey are mostly not directly involved in combat operations unless in some cases!cos u are given training to depend our country! bullets dont differentiate btw combatant and non-combatant! DSSC is mearnt 4 dos whom want 2 have a taste of military life without spending much time in d job,as its 4 a probation of 3yrs and a total of 10yrs service unless upon conversion to DRC(direct regular commission),at d end of training of DSSC u will commisioned into the NA as a lieutenant(2 stars) for doctors,lawyers,registered architects and phd holders will be given 3months seniority.

SSC is an intensive 9months at NDA, it aims to produce officers to serve in the combat arms of NA,SSC is an opportunity given to young Nigerians with civil qualifications b.sc/b.a/hnd to serve NA,at d end of d training they are posted to various combat arms irrespective of ur discpilne,meaning a holder of b.sc economics/accounting can b posted 2 infantry . age 24-29 and u will b commissioned into ,NA as a second lieutenant (1 star) ssc upon conversion will be regular combatant (RC).
for more explaination or enquires lay ur hands on HTACOS(harmonized terms and condition of service )

Thanks Sir! For your reply!
Please can I get your number so I can talk to you one on one please Sir
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by MrSholex: 9:34am On Sep 17, 2014
Please, I have a few questions to ask
1. What rank do you get after a short service program with a BSc or MSc. Please specify the arm cos I understand that different arms have different ranks?

2. What arm will be most preferable to join with BSc Quantity Surveying?

3. Will it be the same for Masters in Manangement; if not, which?

4. Is there a limit to your level of promotion joining the military this way?

I really want to know because I'm in my 5th (final yr) in quantity surveying and want to join the military. I intend to run my masters program before then but I want to be sure I'm doing things right.

Thank you!
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by guruvick(m): 12:32pm On Sep 17, 2014
MrSholex: Please, I have a few questions to ask
1. What rank do you get after a short service program with a BSc or MSc. Please specify the arm cos I understand that different arms have different ranks?

2. What arm will be most preferable to join with BSc Quantity Surveying?

3. Will it be the same for Masters in Manangement; if not, which?

4. Is there a limit to your level of promotion joining the military this way?

I really want to know because I'm in my 5th (final yr) in quantity surveying and want to join the military. I intend to run my masters program before then but I want to be sure I'm doing things right.

Thank you!

Bro... you need to create a topic... because I don't believe someone will answer you here... many have unfollowed this topic
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by Nobody: 7:10pm On May 11, 2015
DonDemu:
pls do not swallow this man's words hook line and sinker cos most are not true.. I doubt if he has ever been in the military
all are true!!!
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by Nobody: 7:16pm On May 11, 2015
akereconfi:
I will be doing a course in Computer Science Forensics and Security, and I discussed with my dad about my intention of Joining the armed Forces (SSS or NA) but not NPF. He gave me the go ahead since he is a retired commandant in NSCDC. By 2016, I should have graduated from the UK with Bsc. How can I go about it and where will I start from if I wanna get enlisted into the N A

I have the zeal and passion to work as a computer forensics

Do they have any section in the army that can accommodate my profession ??

Will I carry Gun?

Will I be sent on Peace Keeping mission?

My mum didn't smile one bit when she heard my intentions(even when I left debreczen)
at a point I thought I wrote this, u read my exxact course both first degree and masters and u are headed towards my direction too cheesy

Hope nobody showed u my file ooh!! Right now I've been in abuja since 2012 trying to start my career in this security job.its a challenginng job n I luv it.
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by Nobody: 7:21pm On May 11, 2015
Businesstools:
Guy, Navy collect money pass. For where? May be in the UK. But here in 9ja, salary in the Army, Navy and Airforce is the same. The only difference is allowance. Talking about that, the Airforce earns more. Followed by the Navy and Army. In that order.
bro,,its navy first oh! We are always onnn sea. That's where we get allowances.
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by Nobody: 7:30pm On May 11, 2015
claremont:
Some of the questions been asked on this thread are clearly ridiculous. Which Army employs disabled people?! Anyone who is not physically and mentally able to go to war and possibly die shouldn't join any Army regardless of country. It's best to join your local charity.

The Nigerian Army is a sad reflection of the Nigerian society, a bunch of corrupt, poorly-trained, poorly-kitted, poorly-paid, physically unfit glorified militia. This is a Army that is more used to using its powers to repress the civil population rather than fighting wars, little wonder they are been disgraced by a ragtag militia group called Boko Haram in their own backyard.

I wouldn't advice anyone to join the Nigerian Army, you would be better off joining the French Foreign Legion or the British Army.
sharap.
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by akereconfi: 10:01pm On May 11, 2015
shadowgwalker:
at a point I thought I wrote this, u read my exxact course both first degree and masters and u are headed towards my direction too cheesy

Hope nobody showed u my file ooh!! Right now I've been in abuja since 2012 trying to start my career in this security job.its a challenginng job n I luv it.

Luckily am in the UK ( Nottingham Trent University)
Doing my dream course. Wish you all the best hun wink
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by Nobody: 11:13pm On May 11, 2015
akereconfi:

Luckily am in the UK ( Nottingham Trent University)
Doing my dream course. Wish you all the best hun wink
lovely!!I'd be there soon to further my studies...
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by frankfab(m): 8:37am On Mar 04, 2017
Okpuzu01:
In d military, we v other rank n officers cadre. Some ppl believe dat wen dey join d military as a private soldier, chances r dat dey will get to d rank of Major General. Others believs dat wit der degree from the university, wen they join officer's cadre as a short service commissioned officer, dey will get to d rank of Major General. Most ppl dnt know d difference between a regular officer dat spent 4yrs in NDA n a short service commisioned officer dat spend just 6months in d NDA. Feel free to ask me any question bothering u about carrear in the military. I waz der for 12yrs. I voluntarily discharged, I am a military pensioner n a businessman nw.

sir please I will like to know if its possible for me to join the Nigerian Air force with my OND and get recruited in the non combat zone because I then to continue my studies once I'm recruited. I wish to Join the British Royal air force in future when I go for my masters, can it be possible if I'm already a member of Nigeria Air force?
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by able88(m): 3:54pm On May 21, 2017
DonDemu:
I dont want it to look like am taking ova his thread but believe me most of his answers are misleading. Reular cadet training at, NDA is 5yrs; he cant differentate direct shortservice commissioning from combatant shortservice commissioning;e is not aware of executive commissioning, we currently have maj-gen and even a GOC who are SSC and DSSC officers.....dem plenty
please distinguish between the two:

DSSC and SSC
Re: Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military by Jafsent30(m): 1:44am On May 26, 2017
kossyablaze:
I'm in NDA....u can ask me anything!!!
can I join with masters?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Jobs Are Available For A Graduate Of Political Science / Dangote Cement Appoints Cherie Blair, Tony Blair’s Wife As Director / Got Called Back To Work After Resignation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.