Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,451 members, 7,770,122 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:25 AM

Stanbic's Sola David-Borha Earns N170 Million A Year - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Stanbic's Sola David-Borha Earns N170 Million A Year (25404 Views)

Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant / Cleaner Earns N375,000 Monthly In Niger State – Investigation / He Earns More Than Half A Million Per Month Yet He's So Unhappy With His Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stanbic's Sola David-Borha Earns N170 Million A Year by FindOut(m): 3:41pm On Dec 19, 2013
Phder:
Really? Do you work on wall street? Stop saying rubbish on public forum, ok? I know people like you, wall street bonus ko, white house bonus ni.
--------------------------------
Investment Bankers earn the most on wall street, and here is an overview of their earnings.

Average total base pay (+bonus)
Summer interns/associate: $71,300 (+$9,400)
First year analyst: $85,300 (+$28,700)
Third year analyst: $111,400 (+$51,600)
First year associate: $120,000 (+$39,900)
Third year associate: $149,000 ($60,700)
Vice President: $255,700 (+$116,800)
Managing Director: $273,400 (+$135,600)

Source: Forbes.

While that dude MAY have been SLIGHTLY exagerrating about 1 mill bein a newbie's bonus, what you posted above is a bit laughable. I think you should google top CEOs and see how many multiples of their salaries they earn as bonuses then you'll know that what you posted is chicken change for some people earning it.

That said, earning 1 million dollars a year in Nigeria is a very big deal because most of that money will be raw cash entering her account. Taxes won't consume much compared to if she was earning same in the US or UK.

1 Like

Re: Stanbic's Sola David-Borha Earns N170 Million A Year by Nobody: 3:53pm On Dec 19, 2013
Find Out!:

While that dude MAY have been SLIGHTLY exagerrating about 1 mill bein a newbie's bonus, what you posted above is a bit laughable. I think you should google top CEOs and see how many multiples of their salaries they earn as bonuses then you'll know that what you posted is chicken change for some people earning it.

That said, earning 1 million dollars a year in Nigeria is a very big deal because most of that money will be raw cash entering her account. Taxes won't consume much compared to if she was earning same in the US or UK.
He said "Wall street guys" I know some CEO earn more than $1M per year, but then again we have CEO earning $1 per year (that's where huge bonus comes in handy).
Re: Stanbic's Sola David-Borha Earns N170 Million A Year by adctrl: 3:54pm On Dec 19, 2013
Some guys in Nigeria needs some exposure and info.

She is the CEO for that matter and the N170m is just a bit over 1/2 of a million sterling and over the years I have read that people who are not even close to the top dog in the banking industry in UK/US earn bonus of up to £1 million with the top guys raking home between 3 -10m.

Is that all her take home or that's just her salary.....go ask from your sources!

Even though it is better to earn half of the UK/US pay here because you can get to save or keep most of it!!!

1 Like

Re: Stanbic's Sola David-Borha Earns N170 Million A Year by marjo: 4:27pm On Dec 19, 2013
To all the wannabe husbands, she is married. She was Sola David before marrying Borha and becoming Sola David-Borha.
Re: Stanbic's Sola David-Borha Earns N170 Million A Year by Nobody: 4:32pm On Dec 19, 2013
Re: Stanbic's Sola David-Borha Earns N170 Million A Year by playboy19(m): 4:43pm On Dec 19, 2013
Alpha Maximus: Well that's a juicy salary and all but I'm afraid those are peanuts, broken peanuts, in comparison to her foreign ceo counterparts. Last year or so, Steve Jobs' successor, Tim Cook earned a total of over 500million dollars(79billion naira) yet, nobody is making a big deal out of it. undecided

There we go again. A typical African "pull him down" mentality. It bothers me how lazy most Nigerians' brains are. Your comparison is just too flawed from every angle. First off, they are not counterparts, as they are not in the same industry. Plus, how on earth would anyone compare the salary of the CEO of a Apple Inc to the CEO of a Stanbic bank?

It may interest you to know that Apple Inc is technically richer than the USA, while Stanbic bank would 'barely' pass for a credit union (the equivalent of a micro finance bank in Nigeria) in the US. Plus under company classification in the US, Stanbic bank will conveniently fall under Small Business category while Apple Inc is sitting at the top of the big corporation list. So how would anyone call them counterparts, lest expect them to earn the same amount?

Next time you may want to find out the value of asset under their individual control before comparing their salaries.

2 Likes

Re: Stanbic's Sola David-Borha Earns N170 Million A Year by solomon111(m): 5:06pm On Dec 19, 2013
wayodude: Okay. I advise this woman to quit her job and move to London....for her childrens sake! cheesy
Bullshitt.
She has made enough money for herself in NIGERIA and living the good life.
It shouldn't be too difficult getting citizenship in England if she need it.
Btw,the UK is not the country of the future.
Nigeria would probably overtake them at some point if we don't divide.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stanbic's Sola David-Borha Earns N170 Million A Year by sucess001(m): 5:25pm On Dec 19, 2013
Acidosis:

Sure, (not from the bank alone though).

If she knows what to do, N100m on Abuja soil could turn to N1Billion in 2years.

even from the bank...
Re: Stanbic's Sola David-Borha Earns N170 Million A Year by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 19, 2013
Why wont she earn that much when the bank is busy stealing people's monies from their account. The last time they illegally withdrew N2000 form my accout. That was Sept 7, this year. The day I went to their office to complain, all the staff after checking were looking at each other in confusion. No reply to my querry till date.

1 Like

Re: Stanbic's Sola David-Borha Earns N170 Million A Year by lukman22: 6:24pm On Dec 19, 2013
Personally,i dont think this kind of information about her earning is worth publicising here.is just making her a prime target for kiddnapers.
Re: Stanbic's Sola David-Borha Earns N170 Million A Year by ddjay: 6:34pm On Dec 19, 2013
HOW MUCH DO THEY PAY STAFF.dats more important
Re: Stanbic's Sola David-Borha Earns N170 Million A Year by echobee(f): 7:04pm On Dec 19, 2013
i wonder o
Re: Stanbic's Sola David-Borha Earns N170 Million A Year by adconline(m): 7:18pm On Dec 19, 2013
Makes u wonder how much IBTC Founder, Atedo Peterside is making or worth.
Re: Stanbic's Sola David-Borha Earns N170 Million A Year by Nobody: 8:51pm On Dec 19, 2013
....no wonder that bank has remained at best a mediocre bank. The 'ogas at the top' r ripping the bank off big tym
Re: Stanbic's Sola David-Borha Earns N170 Million A Year by ddjay: 9:01pm On Dec 19, 2013
we know all bank ceo's are millionaires,unfortunately,dey cut down staff salaries in d name on contract staffing and even sack some (access bank etc).for goodness sake, is it that u guys dont have a friend or relation dt works or has worked in a bank,see the rubbish u guys are celebrating haba.assuming the mgt staff cut ds dia jumbo pay by 20% and share to other staffs (contract) wont it be better.mtcheeew

2 Likes

Re: Stanbic's Sola David-Borha Earns N170 Million A Year by Bimpe29: 9:03pm On Dec 19, 2013
Too much money!
Re: Stanbic's Sola David-Borha Earns N170 Million A Year by tony9k: 9:26pm On Dec 19, 2013
marjo: To all the wannabe husbands, she is married. She was Sola David before marrying Borha and becoming Sola David-Borha.

She is married to David Borha. She was Miss Sola Ogun(something).
Re: Stanbic's Sola David-Borha Earns N170 Million A Year by Salvadot: 11:29pm On Dec 19, 2013
eledaa masun!!!
Re: Stanbic's Sola David-Borha Earns N170 Million A Year by Polio: 11:30pm On Dec 19, 2013
Sola David Borha deserves every penny she earns... She is a beast, knows her onions and has led Stanbic exceptionally well
Re: Stanbic's Sola David-Borha Earns N170 Million A Year by lokzie: 11:57pm On Dec 19, 2013
geeez: Salaries should be private

Why should anyone be discussing Sola's earnings on the net?

She's not a public officer
Statutory audit require (it is a must) that director's salaries be disclosed. Every director is an agent entrusted to manage shareholders' fund, the shareholders must be told how the directors are handling the affairs (including how much they earn)

1 Like

Re: Stanbic's Sola David-Borha Earns N170 Million A Year by SirVee(m): 6:09am On Dec 20, 2013
wayodude: Okay. I advise this woman to quit her job and move to London....for her childrens sake! cheesy

You see how WARPED your thinking is? I advice you to go ask God to help you, and advice yourself that hardwork pays! People who advice like you have done, didn't have any plans for themselves and from 30 want to live a 'good life' hence get desperate and go after people who have planned their lives. But for our leaders headed by you know who, the ills that your post portrays would have been eradicated from our history!
Re: Stanbic's Sola David-Borha Earns N170 Million A Year by akintun: 8:25am On Dec 20, 2013
I dont think she is d highest earning CEO in Nigeria. We can only say dat, she is d highest earning CEO required to disclose her take home package.
Re: Stanbic's Sola David-Borha Earns N170 Million A Year by Nobody: 10:08am On Dec 20, 2013
The Question now is Whose Daughter or Wife is She??
Re: Stanbic's Sola David-Borha Earns N170 Million A Year by 4tunebest(f): 10:56am On Dec 20, 2013
Here is the Foreword she wrote for Bode Ososami's book titled 'Wealth Out of Ashes'. The book is for anyone interested in godly principles towards a recession-proof life.

''We are custodians of God’s wealth. We are stewards and not owners. All things come from God–all things are by His grace.

There is nothing that we have that did not come from Him. Never get into thinking that it is your money. The more of God you see in your money, the better a steward you will be.

We know the parable of the talents in Matthew 25[14];it states the fact that God gives talents to different people. He gives us talents and He gives us time ... an allotted time to use the talents and at the end of that time,He is going to come back and we are going to account for that which He has placed in our hands. Many times we believe God does not measure performance but He does even more so than our institutions with targets and indicators....

The question we have to ask ourselves is “I do not know how much time I have, nobody does. Whether it is seventy, fifty, forty years or eighty, hundred years...We should ask ourselves critically, how have I done so far? How have I used the talents God has placed in my hands?”...if we answer that sincerely, we’ll know that we have to redeem the time...
Indeed, there are many things that we need to do to ensure that we can give a good account of ourselves in Heaven...God is looking for people who would use their talents to the fullest, who use everything they have been given...''

God bless you.

Mrs Sola David-Borha
Executive Director,Stanbic IBTCBank, Nigeria.

Here is the link to the book in pdf format:
http://recessionproofchristianlife.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/wealthoutofashes.pdf

1 Like

Re: Stanbic's Sola David-Borha Earns N170 Million A Year by princemmab(m): 2:36pm On Dec 20, 2013
Ms or Mrs?
Re: Stanbic's Sola David-Borha Earns N170 Million A Year by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 20, 2013
aydoth: Can anyone help me with her mobile number, I am single...
I have been searching for her...
Oleee... grin

1 Like

Re: Stanbic's Sola David-Borha Earns N170 Million A Year by Seun(m): 6:36pm On Dec 21, 2013
marjo: To all the wannabe husbands, she is married. She was Sola David before marrying Borha and becoming Sola David-Borha.
Cry cry cry.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Stanbic's Sola David-Borha Earns N170 Million A Year by aitoehigie: 6:46pm On Dec 21, 2013
Seun: Cry cry cry.
seun is crying? ETT.
Re: Stanbic's Sola David-Borha Earns N170 Million A Year by slap1(m): 6:47pm On Dec 21, 2013
Thank God for her.
Re: Stanbic's Sola David-Borha Earns N170 Million A Year by slap1(m): 6:48pm On Dec 21, 2013
aitoehigie: seun is crying? ETT.
Crying for you, I think.
Re: Stanbic's Sola David-Borha Earns N170 Million A Year by mustaphagreens(m): 7:49pm On Dec 21, 2013
Seun: Cry cry cry.
*pats him on d head* Stop crying, remember, God's time is the best. sad
Re: Stanbic's Sola David-Borha Earns N170 Million A Year by aitoehigie: 9:53pm On Dec 21, 2013
slap1: Crying for you, I think.
Weak attempt at a sarcasm. Falls flat on its face.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training / How Do I Turn Down My Boss' Advances Without Losing My Job? (please Advice) / Top5 Jobs That Pay More Than Medicine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.