Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,227 members, 7,839,202 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

Kano APC Rejects Governor Kwankwaso As Party Leader - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano APC Rejects Governor Kwankwaso As Party Leader (1132 Views)

Ex-Governor Kwankwaso And Governor Ganduje In The 1970's / INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect / Kano APC In Disarray, Kwankwasiya Movment To Support Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano APC Rejects Governor Kwankwaso As Party Leader by CollinsColz(m): 8:09pm On Dec 18, 2013
A former Governor of Kano State, Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau, on Wednesday led a delegation of All Progressives Congress in the state to the national secretariat of the party in Abuja to protest against the coming of the Governor of the state, Alhaji Rabiu Kwankwaso, to the opposition party.
Shekarau, who spoke when he addressed some leaders of the party in Abuja, led by its Interim National Chairman, Bisi Akande, and a former Governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, Shekarau recalled the efforts made by the opposition parties in Kano State towards the success of the merger of opposition parties.
He said, “Being experienced persons in the politics of this country, I believe you know very well the politics of Kano State. We have been working hard to make the party succeed.
“Kano had five members in the merger planning committee, so Kano will be the last state that will do anything to make the party fail. Politics is about people. If we do not have people, there will not be a party.
“We have come to register our displeasure with the leadership of the party. What we are presenting is the feelings of the people we represent. There is no sector of the party that is not represented.
“We have worked hard to make the party successful, I think when we were forming the party,we had a vision of internal democracy in building APC and if we cannot continue with that vision, then we should forget democracy in Nigeria”.
A former Chairman of the defunct All Nigeria Peoples Party in the state, Sani Hotori, said APC was a product of patience and sacrifice committed by opposition parties.
He said, “Although we have not seen the Memorandum of Understanding, media reports have it that the MOU has vested the leadership of the APC of the state on the five defecting ‘new PDP’ governors.
“Mr. Chairman, as a consequence of these powers alleged to have been vested on the governor of Kano, most members and supporters of our great party in the state are voicing their worry and vehement opposition.
“They are saying that APC national executive had been so fixated in its desire to have in its fold the five defecting governors of the ‘new PDP’ that it ignored the peculiarities of Kano State and preeminence of other founding leaders of the APC, influential party members and their supporters”.
http://www.punchng.com/news/kano-apc-rejects-kwankwaso-as-party-leader/
Re: Kano APC Rejects Governor Kwankwaso As Party Leader by abbakacici: 8:11pm On Dec 18, 2013
so when Hotoro help Sherakarau to steal ANPP for little, najaatu and Zago, is was good then, hahaha KAMA
Re: Kano APC Rejects Governor Kwankwaso As Party Leader by Olastep(m): 8:39pm On Dec 18, 2013
Mark my words

APC will still fall in 2014.

Didnt Tinubu promised to conduct APC congress in Nov ds year?

All this things wont make me vote for APC in 2015.

Infact, though i'm not a fan of PDP but come 2015, Jonathan will have one(1) vote from me

1 Like

Re: Kano APC Rejects Governor Kwankwaso As Party Leader by BennoitKenny: 8:48pm On Dec 18, 2013
Yes, Jonathan will even win at the 2015 election, because he is outstanding and innocent from the letter of OBJ and SANUSI.
Re: Kano APC Rejects Governor Kwankwaso As Party Leader by oshyno(m): 8:54pm On Dec 18, 2013
Confused bunchs. APC haven't seen nothing yet. Any party or individual that rejoices for the other party having problem is worse. He that brings ant infested woods..............

APC wud av earned my support if they had shuned these PDP guyz which by d way they demonized b4. Tend to do things different n watch hw naija wud que behind u. Instead ur running after expired PDP men.
Re: Kano APC Rejects Governor Kwankwaso As Party Leader by bymigokeph: 10:20pm On Dec 18, 2013
Am fast forwarding wen its 2015 den i'll play
RIVERS is a PDP state as LAGOS is an APC STATE
ASO ROCK IS A PDP/GEJ house til 2019

1 Like

Re: Kano APC Rejects Governor Kwankwaso As Party Leader by Nobody: 11:30pm On Dec 18, 2013
why cant PDP go to court to reclaim their mandate in Rivers, Kano etc
Re: Kano APC Rejects Governor Kwankwaso As Party Leader by DonColz1(m): 8:17am On Dec 19, 2013
APC are still having internal crisis, Only God Knows how 2015 would be.
Re: Kano APC Rejects Governor Kwankwaso As Party Leader by HAH: 8:36am On Dec 19, 2013
99 percent of Kano people are with kwankwaso due to his performance. Shekarau can go to pdp if he likes infact he is a liability to apc
Re: Kano APC Rejects Governor Kwankwaso As Party Leader by Nobody: 8:44am On Dec 19, 2013
problem don dey start foor APC be dat o..lol
Re: Kano APC Rejects Governor Kwankwaso As Party Leader by Nobody: 8:48am On Dec 19, 2013
problem don dey start foor APC be dat o..lol... What will happen is that the old members will form another party or defect to PDP while the new members maintain the party...funny naija

(1) (Reply)

Tb Joshua's Prophecy On Pdp And Apc. / Police Arrest Rivers House Leader Lloyd / An Improved Nigerian High Commission London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.