Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Black Race, IQ, Intelligence And Eugenics. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Black Race, IQ, Intelligence And Eugenics. (2290 Views)

The Black Race Is Unintelligent. / Black Race, IQ, Intelligence And Eugenics. / What Has The Black Race Contributed To The World? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Black Race, IQ, Intelligence And Eugenics. by PopeXanderVII: 8:55pm On Dec 18, 2013
In the 90s, the Infamous Book known as the Bell Curve: Intelligence and class structure in American life was released by Harvard Professors, Richard Herrnstein and Charles Murray. In the Book the Authors tried to explain how Socioeconomic backgrounds determine Intelligence. The Book was immediately Slammed and Herrnstein and Murray were vilified.

Initially, i also slammed the Book as poorly done. I felt it didn't hold significant Scientific Influence. Recently, I've been thinking about this issue and I've come to a Conclusion. The Intelligent Blacks are being out bred by the non-intelligent ones at a rate greater than what the other Races are experiencing.

Before you Demonize me, think about it. In the US, an African American Woman that is on Welfare and is also on Drugs may have several Children, all for different Men. These Children Grow up in the hood and also breed in Large Numbers. I can understand why this happens in Africa, Most People with very Large families need the Manpower that a large family brings, but there are those that are not farmers and live in absolute penury, yet, they have several Children that they can't take care of.

In conclusion, i have my doubts about an IQ test being a Useful Indicator of Intelligence. I recently took a Paid Raven Matrices IQ test which is tailored specifically for Cultural differences, since it eliminates any form of Language. I got a high Score but i doubt an individual with little to no Formal Education would even know what to do. I might doubt the Efficiency of IQ tests but i'm almost certain that the Intelligent ones of our Race are being Bred of Existence.

2 Likes

Re: Black Race, IQ, Intelligence And Eugenics. by PopeXanderVII: 8:57pm On Dec 18, 2013

Raven Test.

You can attempt the above questions.
Re: Black Race, IQ, Intelligence And Eugenics. by gsalvatore: 10:41pm On Dec 18, 2013
Pope Xander VII: In the 90s, the Infamous Book known as the Bell Curve: Intelligence and class structure in American life was released by Harvard Professors, Richard Herrnstein and Charles Murray. In the Book the Authors tried to explain how Socioeconomic backgrounds determine Intelligence. The Book was immediately Slammed and Herrnstein and Murray were vilified.

Initially, i also slammed the Book as poorly done. I felt it didn't hold significant Scientific Influence. Recently, I've been thinking about this issue and I've come to a Conclusion. The Intelligent Blacks are being out bred by the non-intelligent ones at a rate greater than what the other Races are experiencing.

Before you Demonize me, think about it. In the US, an African American Woman that is on Welfare and is also on Drugs may have several Children, all for different Men. These Children Grow up in the hood and also breed in Large Numbers. I can understand why this happens in Africa, Most People with very Large families need the Manpower that a large family brings, but there are those that are not farmers and live in absolute penury, yet, they have several Children that they can't take care of.

In conclusion, i have my doubts about an IQ test being a Useful Indicator of Intelligence. I recently took a Paid Raven Matrices IQ test which is tailored specifically for Cultural differences, since it eliminates any form of Language. I got a high Score but i doubt an individual with little to no Formal Education would even know what to do. I might doubt the Efficiency of IQ tests but i'm almost certain that the Intelligent ones of our Race are being Bred of Existence.

Django Unchainged....
Re: Black Race, IQ, Intelligence And Eugenics. by gsalvatore: 10:47pm On Dec 18, 2013
D and 7....I maybe wrong
Re: Black Race, IQ, Intelligence And Eugenics. by PopeXanderVII: 10:49pm On Dec 18, 2013
gsalvatore: D and 7....I maybe wrong

Correct.
Re: Black Race, IQ, Intelligence And Eugenics. by Nobody: 12:24am On Dec 19, 2013
in every race, it is the 'unintelligent' ones (whatever that means) who tend to breed more....
Re: Black Race, IQ, Intelligence And Eugenics. by Nobody: 12:36am On Dec 19, 2013
And yea, IQ tests don't test innate intelligence. People who read widely are likely to do better than people who don't. That doesn't mean that the guy who'd rather play football or do freestyle rap than read Shakespeare or Hawking is genetically dumber than his tome-thumbing friend.

I certainly don't feel smarter than some of the non-academic-inclined dudes I went to school with (dudes who 'dubbed' from me during exams). Most times when we had conversations about practical stuff, I felt stupid among them. I realize most of them have more life skills than me.

So who decides what 'intelligence' should be?

1 Like

Re: Black Race, IQ, Intelligence And Eugenics. by ladionline: 8:44pm On Dec 20, 2013
@Radoillo, the phenomenon you refer to is aptly advanced in Howard Gardener's theory of intelligence. I don't have that off hand, but D.Trump really gloss about these intelligences in collaborative work with R. Kiyosaki, titled 'midas touch'. What we often take for granted in everyday 'gifted' people indeed is some form of intelligence. @ops, the old definition of iq is narrow, time has really changed. The old scuum of iq stereotype is forever fading.
Re: Black Race, IQ, Intelligence And Eugenics. by PopeXanderVII: 6:30am On Dec 21, 2013
ladionline: @Radoillo, the phenomenon you refer to is aptly advanced in Howard Gardener's theory of intelligence. I don't have that off hand, but D.Trump really gloss about these intelligences in collaborative work with R. Kiyosaki, titled 'midas touch'. What we often take for granted in everyday 'gifted' people indeed is some form of intelligence. @ops, the old definition of iq is narrow, time has really changed. The old scuum of iq stereotype is forever fading.

I agree, but if the IQ test is obsolete, what then can we use to measure intelligence? I know the IQ measures an abstract form of intelligence, but instead of scrapping it, Can't we modify it?
Re: Black Race, IQ, Intelligence And Eugenics. by eaxes: 10:36am On Dec 21, 2013
U̶̲̥̅̊ ψαnnα compare between caucasian, negriod Ãήϑ mongoloid intelligence, then n☺ need ƒ☺я an IQ test ¢☺§ the answer is all around U̶̲̥̅̊ in past Ãήϑ present. While the caucasian race of europe (europeans) and their caucasian brothers in asia(arabs,persians,many central asians,south asians etc), mongoloids races of east and south east asia and their brothers in the americas (aztecs,mayans etc) have developed impressive civilisations the negriod race really has nothin impressive †☺ show. ∂ōΩ̶̇'† give ♍є̲ the crap of egypt ¢☺§ they weren't black.
Even today there is n☺ single country run Ãήϑ populated by negriods in africa Ãήϑ out of africa that is developed or even 2nd world. But the caucasians in europe Ãήϑ some of their countries in asia lyk iran, uae, etc are doing well.
Re: Black Race, IQ, Intelligence And Eugenics. by Nobody: 10:46am On Dec 21, 2013
eaxes: U̶̲̥̅̊ ψαnnα compare between caucasian, negriod Ãήϑ mongoloid intelligence, then n☺ need ƒ☺я an IQ test ¢☺§ the answer is all around U̶̲̥̅̊ in past Ãήϑ present. While the caucasian race of europe (europeans) and their caucasian brothers in asia(arabs,persians,many central asians,south asians etc), mongoloids races of east and south east asia and their brothers in the americas (aztecs,mayans etc) have developed impressive civilisations the negriod race really has nothin impressive †☺ show. ∂ōΩ̶̇'† give ♍є̲ the crap of egypt ¢☺§ they weren't black.
Even today there is n☺ single country run Ãήϑ populated by negriods in africa Ãήϑ out of africa that is developed or even 2nd world. But the caucasians in europe Ãήϑ some of their countries in asia lyk iran, uae, etc are doing well.

For a start, find the books by Jared Diamond and read them. After reading his books u might begin to understand why people in different geographical areas have developed at different paces.
Re: Black Race, IQ, Intelligence And Eugenics. by ladionline: 11:14am On Dec 21, 2013
Pope Xander VII:

I agree, but if the IQ test is obsolete, what then can we use to measure intelligence? I know the IQ measures an abstract form of intelligence, but instead of scrapping it, Can't we modify it?

Let me start by saying that no measure of intelligence is complete with man having to go through the IQ device or description of man. We know the early sociological argument of nature/nurture. To me, intelligence is nature and upbringing. When you have confidence, (+) growing up, it would definitely impact on you differently if limited discouragement comes your way. What would you be (IQ) if this is an exception?

Imagine a man that grow in a society where all that formed their history is slavery and need to proof they were equal to their white contemporaries. Such confidence is no longer as natural as the first one, it is full of striving and need to (1) impress (2) sustain (3) struggle (4) equalize,(5) submit (6) surprise (7) flight. This may not affect their kind in their natural habitat, but it affects the way others see them and rate their IQ, it thus affect their IQ in nurturing or contemporary perception from others.

Now imagine the same man to have grown in his natural environment, his IQ would be totally different from what the reality of striving for what does not form any impact on Aristotelian "tabula raza" of other white folks. As such, IQ in competitive racial environment is subjective to politics of complexes. What I am saying in nutshell is, if there are inequalities, it would affect the IQ of any affected people majorly for bad.

But now, if you add all the (+) for the affected people, and wait the same time and experience, it would produce exactly the same result as you have it now. But who want to wait that long? So the result? People will define their identity in reaction to or respect to the gravity of any or all of the earlier listed seven influences of AA history. and the result would be excellent, good and not so good.
Re: Black Race, IQ, Intelligence And Eugenics. by ladionline: 11:23am On Dec 21, 2013
Pope Xander VII:

Now how individual intelligence can be measured is the subject in "The frame of mind" by Harvard don, Howard Gardener's theory of Intelligence.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_multiple_intelligences. Intelligence is a function of nature/nurture. It is some plus and some minus that adds to what we become with the aid of how we became (intelligence quotient?) what we become. This are not evenly distributed, as people are product of their "stories".
Re: Black Race, IQ, Intelligence And Eugenics. by ladionline: 8:35pm On Dec 21, 2013
Radoillo II:

For a start, find the books by Jared Diamond and read them. After reading his books u might begin to understand why people in different geographical areas have developed at different paces.
You know he has made up his mind. How does the chemistry of pigmentation affect IQ? Does melanin has anything to do with intelligence? Look the slave trade is (_) for blacks and plus for west. You (eaxes) do not have the clue to this, its not part of your reality.
Re: Black Race, IQ, Intelligence And Eugenics. by Nobody: 9:51pm On Dec 21, 2013
ladionline: You know he has made up his mind. How does the chemistry of pigmentation affect IQ? Does melanin has anything to do with intelligence? Look the slave trade is (_) for blacks and plus for west. You (eaxes) do not have the clue to this, its not part of your reality.

You know, I don't mind when supremacist white folks mouth off about black people being less evolved and less intelligent than lighter-skinned races. I've learnt to smile at such views.

But I become really sad when I meet educated black people (like Eaves) who accept that they are mentally inferior to white and other peoples.

If u understand why people in China and Central America were building civilizations while people in Siberia and the Amazon Forest were stuck in the hunter-gathering stone age, or why the tawny-skinned people of the Middle East were living in highly civilized societies while fair-haired white people in Northern Europe still lived in primitive conditions, you will begin to understand the reason for backwardness in some parts of the world.

Mental deficiency of an entire race has nothing to do with it. That is such a shallow and lazy conclusion to draw.

Jared Diamond's book are not perfect, but they are a good start for anyone who wants to really understand the inequality between different peoples and societies.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Race, IQ, Intelligence And Eugenics. by ladionline: 7:53am On Dec 22, 2013
VERY GOOD.
Re: Black Race, IQ, Intelligence And Eugenics. by ladionline: 8:06am On Dec 22, 2013
On point, Radoillo. Its a game of unstable self esteem, inferiority complex and wholesale asimilation and projection of poverty mentality that affect Africans with such 'eaxes' view. We talk of 'Arab spring' lately, it was co-ordinated fiat. This same kind of mass movement reaction earlier inspire OAU, Apartheid struggle, Independence, Rosa Park, Slave revolts, colonial resistance etc. All these protestant movement is 'struggle' to liberate us from greedy, bashful hands dealt Africa, (but we see the result here and there). How can WE expect even development with the rest of your 'favoured' race so soon? IQ is not racial, its individual stuff. But a lot of things + and - create IQ inequity. @eaxes, you can be rooted for 'IQ-inequity' of brother races to look 'up' and 'down' as you like, you will not go past your fixed 'white' limits of helping racist people echoe their bias pendantrics. But black people that are not so tuned like you do, will.

1 Like

Re: Black Race, IQ, Intelligence And Eugenics. by tpiar: 12:48am On Feb 26, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Has Anyone Ever Met A Nairalander In Person?? / Meet Aliyu And Aisha From Sokoto State / The Benin-owan, (edo State ) People Of Igede Clan( Ora Clan In Benue State)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.