Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,091 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Why Are Nigerians Soo Gullible; Believing Everything They See Online? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Nigerians Soo Gullible; Believing Everything They See Online? (397 Views)

An Open Letter To The Gullible Nigerian Youths / What I Went Through For Believing We Could Defeat PDP – TINUBU / Buhari Is Winner- Supporters Gullible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Nigerians Soo Gullible; Believing Everything They See Online? by Dospix(m): 10:27pm On Dec 18, 2013
well, we all know that the sort of politics practiced in our dear country is one many would practically refer to as politics of of jingoism, cronyism, prebendalism and underdevelopment(a view 90 percent of the Nigerian population hold, citing 'corruption' as the sole reason why they hold this emphatic view). Most Nigerians as i have observed are ignorant of the happenings in our country; yet, a simple inquiring dive into what pulls us down into this state of quagmire will see them gesticulatively bloviating in this manner, "Goodluck Jonathan is a thief! He has siphoned all our money and has been stocking them in foreign banks..."(yet, their view with paucity of logical thought and chronological articulation). The average Nigerian finds logicality too difficult a task; yet, finds great succor and solace in mediocrity. They react to political issues with a stereotypic* cloudedness* that makes them accept at prima facie any political rejoinder that sways out of their region. It is rightly agreed that our approach to life and the situation that comes with it is of great distinctiveness, but, this shouldn't be a leeway or a conduit pipe for the endorsement or general legalization of mediocre expression and abysmality*. As short and lucidly as i have decided to posit my point, the Nigerian youth must understand that not all that we set eyes upon on the pages of news papers holds water in actual sense and reality. However, we must join hands together to exorcise our-self from being unwanted captives of the rehearsed theatrical lies of un-altruistic political vampers. Our country is sick;that i know, but, until we realize that our individual actions determines the increasing and decreasing scale of corruption nothing would ever change in this country...atrophy will continue to thrive. I live you with the words of Alexis de Tocquevile, " In a democracy, the people get the government they deserve." Your contribution on political issues in Nigeria should be but a reflection of your conception and not aggression.

(1) (Reply)

Iyabo Stop Being Te / East-west Barricaded Over Fg’s Refusal To Pay N37.6b Compensation To Odi / South South Leaders To OBJ: Stop Intimidating Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.