Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,668 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

An Open Letter To The Gullible Nigerian Youths - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Letter To The Gullible Nigerian Youths (4539 Views)

For The Gullible In The S/east / 2019 Political Alignment: Dear Politicians, We Are No Longer Gullible / APC,the Gullible Nigerian Youths,and The Folly Of A Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To The Gullible Nigerian Youths by don4real18(m): 10:13am On Jan 19, 2016
I decided to stay clear of this country affairs even though it concerns every Nigerian
But coming out once again to air my views (against what I originally planned) is due to the fact that we have been played and the youths are at the frontline.
There have been different happenings in recent times, from Dasukigate (the master Atm) the Biafran agitators and the free fall of the naira against the very powerful dollar.

#TheBiafranAgitators
[b]These are made up of youths that have refused to learn from history
These are youths that have refused to control their subliminal perception
These are youths that enjoy being played or perhaps are purposefully ignorant due to sentiments and ethnic diversity
Their agitations have brought about deaths of youths likely to have a bright future at the expense of someone else's greed (with a sugar coated mouth of freedom)
Ojukwu died old and peacefully while the agitators for his dream died in their thousands
Nnamdi Kanu resided in another country until now (presently under custody) while instigating violence in the minds of these youths that have put many to death which could have been avoided.
Have these same youths asked themselves while the so called sponsors of their agitation refuse to come out and carry placards with them
Why they have refused to share in the bullet wounds of their "people"?
Is their life more precious than those agitating on the street?

Until these youths answer these questions truthfully, they will likely remain in the bondage of ignorance and still remain in the frontline of these games. [/b]

#FallOfNaira
Am I sad?... Yes
Am I happy?.... Yes
People have failed to understand the reason for these free fall and have heaped lots and lots of blame on the present administration without understanding the reason.
The naira will depreciate more in the coming weeks and more people will point fingers.
The Naira's true problem is our dependency on oil and the embrace of corruption.
Even the rich and mighty Saudi Arabia is affected and had to remove subsidy recently to balance itself.
The best solution for Nigeria is to look inward and explore other resources to generate resources.
Empower youths to go into agriculture, woo companies to go into mining, focus on green housing and forget the conventional bricks and blocks, improve local manufacture into international standards and many more.

#DasukiGate
[b]A gate to success in a #corrupt way
His involvement in the arms scandal deal has caused the deaths of many at the expense of his and his robots greed.
Fathers have died, mothers have cried
Graves of children and no one is tried
He's presently in the custody of our security officials and so many people (likely the ones who haven't lost friends and family in the terrorist killings) are shouting rule of law.
Isn't it our judicial system that sentences petty thieves for their crimes and makes looters free men
These corrupt politicians can hire the best lawyers to prove they are innocent and walk free in a jiffy.

So, what rule of law? Just because we are in a democratic system of government doesn't give you the right to steal from the government coffers.
So many youths cry out that he's not the first to loot or the president should investigate his own party and one begins to wonder if they also benefited from Dasuki's generosity.
I totally concur with the language of the president and the commendable work of the DSS and the EFCC whose hands were tied during the last administration.
That anyone involved in this arms scandal that have destroyed many Nigerians and properties should be seriously dealt with to discourage future looters from engaging in this deeds[/b]

Bello Wahab O.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To The Gullible Nigerian Youths by ayobase(m): 10:21am On Jan 19, 2016
Please, edit with proper paragraphing to be more pleasing to the eyes.
Re: An Open Letter To The Gullible Nigerian Youths by Nobody: 10:24am On Jan 19, 2016
#trash! Just #trash!

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To The Gullible Nigerian Youths by jopretty(f): 10:27am On Jan 19, 2016
My thought exactly...you have spoken well. God bless!

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To The Gullible Nigerian Youths by pdpchangeapc(m): 10:32am On Jan 19, 2016
All i see is halftruth, politics and sentiments.

5 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To The Gullible Nigerian Youths by nasiest(m): 10:34am On Jan 19, 2016
God bless you for this

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To The Gullible Nigerian Youths by don4real18(m): 11:31am On Jan 20, 2016
nasiest:
God bless you for this
Amen

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To The Gullible Nigerian Youths by don4real18(m): 11:31am On Jan 20, 2016
jopretty:
My thought exactly...you have spoken well. God bless!
Thanks

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To The Gullible Nigerian Youths by don4real18(m): 11:52am On Jan 20, 2016
ayobase:
Please, edit with proper paragraphing to be more pleasing to the eyes.
I hope it's better now
Re: An Open Letter To The Gullible Nigerian Youths by Living4christ(m): 12:06pm On Jan 20, 2016
do you know how many people died in Martin Luther's anti-racism protest?
I see u ad the gullible one, martin Luther said that freedom is not easily given by the oppressor it is d oppressed that demands it!
U seem to be ignorant on the goings of the agitation, u said that d people calling for Biafra independence are not coming out to protest, Let me ask u, Where is Nnamdi Kanu? If all d leaders come out and protest and ur lawless policemen arrest dem, who will champion the cause?

4 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To The Gullible Nigerian Youths by Living4christ(m): 12:09pm On Jan 20, 2016
I see u as the gullible one, martin Luther said that freedom is not easily given by the oppressor it is d oppressed that demands it!
U seem to be ignorant on the goings of the agitation, u said that d people calling for Biafra independence are not coming out to protest, Let me ask u, Where is Nnamdi Kanu? If all d leaders come out and protest and ur lawless policemen arrest dem, who will champion the cause?

I will advise u to seal ur lips if u don't know wat to say, ur opinion don't count.

I will advise u to write an article on something else and leave trash for lawma.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To The Gullible Nigerian Youths by don4real18(m): 1:40pm On Jan 21, 2016
Living4christ:
I see u as the gullible one, martin Luther said that freedom is not easily given by the oppressor it is d oppressed that demands it!

I will advise u to seal ur lips if u don't know wat to say, ur opinion don't count.

I will advise u to write an article on something else and leave trash for lawma.

I do not have an idea on how many died during Luther's campaign for equality of opportunity for blacks and white (anti-racism)
But I know he was a prominent figure that didn't hide at a place and gave orders for a protest to be carried out.
He was involved in public speaking and committed no treason against America, he was involved in their protest as he also walked the streets of America.
That is who a true leader should be and not the likes of Ojukwu and Nnamdi that sends clueless individuals like you for protest and hides their head in a distant place to prevent stray bullets

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To The Gullible Nigerian Youths by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jan 21, 2016
don4real18:

I do not have an idea on how many died during Luther's campaign for equality of opportunity for blacks and white (anti-racism)
But I know he was a prominent figure that didn't hide at a place and gave orders for a protest to be carried out.
He was involved in public speaking and committed no treason against America, he was involved in their protest as he also walked the streets of America.
That is who a true leader should be and not the likes of Ojukwu and Nnamdi that sends clueless individuals like you for protest and hides their head in a distant place to prevent stray bullets

I would have love to say something factual about your post but since you decided to throw words full of sentiments and personal opinion around let me do same in return.

Since independence Nigerian Youths have always been known for hiding in their house and screaming revolution. Today some set of youths that believes in something decided to die for what they believe in and you are here spewing garbage.

Have you ever asked yourself if 60% of Nigerian youths picked across the different geographical zone decided to take to the street and express their displeasure about the decay in governance likely we would have freed ourselves from the clutches of the corrupt politicians who have been ruining our collective lives since the dawn of independence.

But no, the likes of you sit somewhere and complain and talk about your 'precious' life, how your life would have turn into what I don't know. For your information given the current and past situations of things in Nigeria no life apart from the that of the corrupt politician worth a squat, yes you read that right. No ordinary Nigerian life worth a dime, your government does not even know that you exit to then you are just a number.

On a serious note I want you to point out just one case since the dawn of humanity were people actually fought for their rights or what they believe in without the lose of life? When you do we can talk other than that keep your cowardice ass in your house and hope and pray that heavens open and some chariots of angels come down and do your battle for you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To The Gullible Nigerian Youths by kingzizzy: 3:01pm On Jan 21, 2016
don4real18:
I decided to stay clear of this country affairs even though it concerns every Nigerian
But coming out once again to air my views (against what I originally planned) is due to the fact that we have been played and the youths are at the frontline.
There have been different happenings in recent times, from Dasukigate (the master Atm) the Biafran agitators and the free fall of the naira against the very powerful dollar.

#TheBiafranAgitators
These are youths that enjoy being played or perhaps are purposefully ignorant due to sentiments and ethnic diversity
Their agitations have brought about deaths of youths likely to have a bright future at the expense of someone else's greed (with a sugar coated mouth of freedom)
Ojukwu died old and peacefully while the agitators for his dream died in their thousands
Nnamdi Kanu resided in another country until now (presently under custody) while instigating violence in the minds of these youths that have put many to death which could have been avoided.
Have these same youths asked themselves while the so called sponsors of their agitation refuse to come out and carry placards with them

Until these youths answer these questions truthfully, they will likely remain in the bondage of ignorance and still remain in the frontline of these games. [/b]

Bello Wahab O.

Look at the rubbish you are writting. You are not ashamed of your self? Your national security forces are shooting unarmed protesters who are exercising their constitutionally guaranteed right to freedom of movement and expression by peaceful protest and you are here trying to justify murder. You can't even question your armed forces why they have to kill people unnecessarily. Your Army went and killed over 1000 Shiites,men women, children and even babies just so that your chief of Army staff will not be late for an appointment with an Emir. This is the Nigeria you are proud of?

I don't even know who Dasuki is but the law states that everone is "presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law". Why can't you follow the constitution and allow people their right to a fair hearing in court before you proclaim them guilty? You can't even observe your own constitution but you are here writting nonsense.

If the Nigeria you want is one were unarmed people are murdered for expressing their constitutional right, were the rule of law does not exist and where the constitution is reduced to 'pick and choose', then sorry mate, your nation is heading nowhere fast.

5 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To The Gullible Nigerian Youths by saleskara: 3:10pm On Jan 21, 2016
This article provides some insight about the dollar versus naira.

I have read many articles on the need for the Federal government to devalue the Naira in the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari (PMB), yet the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Governor, Mr Godwin Emefiele, has failed to act on the advice from the public and International Monetary fund (IMF).
Yet Emefiele devalued the currency twice in the twilight of Goodluck Jonathan’s administration. Then I decided to look into the merits and demerits of the approach by the CBN governor in keeping with the wishes of PMB that Naira should be strong.

How does he go about taming the hawks running after the chick (Naira)? No doubt some would gain from a devaluation of the Naira against the USD while others would lose.

Why devalue the Naira? The most common arguments are the forces of demand and supply. Many authors claim that the supply of the dollar is too low due to crude oil prices and our ability to build our foreign reserves when the crude oil prices were as high as $140.

So the story keeps going on around the supply side of the equation with little or no consideration for the demand side.

So what is happening on the demand side?

The demand for US dollar in Nigeria is putting pressure on the Naira and our foreign reserves, thereby depleting the reserves faster than we are able to replenish it.

So the CBN decided to reduce its supply of forex to the market by removing some items from the list of products eligible for funding through the official forex window also known as Wholesale Dutch Auction System (WDAS).

Immediately this was announced the importers shifted to the Bureau De Change (BDC) for their dollar demand. So the demand advocates want to survive by relying on the BDCs and the BDCs saw a surge in demand with little supply causing the first major pressure that led to Naira selling at above N230 and the upward trend for dollar demand continues.

One interesting point in this period was that the demand started to drop as the appetite for imported goods started to drop but with minimal effect on the foreign reserves since the crude oil prices also kept dropping.

So CBN acted the second time by preventing banks from accepting dollar deposits, this resulted in the next supply shock and uncertainty in the parallel forex market pushing the USD to Naira rate to approximately N270. Does this mean that the demand for dollar would keep going up?

The most recent action by the CBN in January 2016 made the most recent jump to N300. My answer is Yes, every pronouncement by the CBN has only succeeded in fueling an increase in the demand of the dollar at the parallel market.

The reason for the decline is the anticipated official devaluation; every announcement shows the CBN is desperate to curb the demand. This action is a signal to rent seekers, prospective hoarders who feel they may need dollar anytime soon and currency speculators to continue to convert all spare naira cash to US dollars.

If I bought dollar when it was N220 and sell now that is N300 I don’t need to import to make a margin of N80 or 36% through the devaluation of the Naira at the Black Market.

Who is CBN selling the scarce dollars to? Why do some business men have a right to buy dollar at N197 (dollar subsidy) while every other business buys at N300. In recent times, many companies who buy dollar at official rate come to the market to claim that dollar is affecting them so they calculate sales based on N300.

CBN cannot control what the recipients of dollars at N197 do when the product gets to Nigeria. So the artificial demand for dollar and the traditional forex round tripping (where people buy at official rate, get some extra dollars at the official rate and sell the extra to the parallel market for profit)

CBN needs to introduce transparency by providing the details of all beneficiaries of the sale of USD N197 since May 29, 2015 for public scrutiny. This should show details of the purpose of the transactions.

What is happening at the supply side?

http://therenaissanceng.com/naira-devaluation-emefieles-battle-to-save-nigerian-economy

kingzizzy:

Look at the rubbish you are writting. You are not ashamed of your self? Your national security forces are shooting unarmed protesters who are exercising their constitutionally guaranteed right to freedom of movement and expression by peaceful protest and you are here trying to justify murder. You can't even question your armed forces why they have to kill people unnecessarily. Your Army went and killed over 1000 Shiites,men women, children and even babies just so that your chief of Army staff will not be late for an appointment with an Emir. This is the Nigeria you are proud of?

I don't even know who Dasuki is but the law states that everone is "presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law". Why can't you follow the constitution and allow people their right to a fair hearing in court before you proclaim them guilty? You can't even observe your own constitution but you are here writting nonsense.

If the Nigeria you want is one were unarmed people are murdered for expressing their constitutional right, were the rule of law does not exist and where the constitution is reduced to 'pick and choose', then sorry mate, your nation is heading nowhere fast.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To The Gullible Nigerian Youths by don4real18(m): 5:27pm On Jan 21, 2016
woodcook:

I would have love to say something factual about your post but since you decided to throw words full of sentiments and personal opinion around let me do same in return.

Since independence Nigerian Youths have always been known for hiding in their house and screaming revolution. Today some set of youths that believes in something decided to die for what they believe in and you are here spewing garbage.

Have you ever asked yourself if 60% of Nigerian youths picked across the different geographical zone decided to take to the street and express their displeasure about the decay in governance likely we would have freed ourselves from the clutches of the corrupt politicians who have been ruining our collective lives since the dawn of independence.

But no, the likes of you sit somewhere and complain and talk about your 'precious' life, how your life would have turn into what I don't know. For your information given the current and past situations of things in Nigeria no life apart from the that of the corrupt politician worth a squat, yes you read that right. No ordinary Nigerian life worth a dime, your government does not even know that you exit to then you are just a number.

On a serious note I want you to point out just one case since the dawn of humanity were people actually fought for their rights or what they believe in without the lose of life? When you do we can talk other than that keep your cowardice ass in your house and hope and pray that heavens open and some chariots of angels come down and do your battle for you.
My cowardice ass?
That's what you actually presume... Quite opposite of what you feel.
The only reason I wrote my words is because I care about those people going to become a nuisance to themselves and relatives.
It's quite remorseful that they have no idea that they are being used. If one have to die for a cause, it must be worth fighting for, and definitely not for the greed of some politicians that hide their faces.
Going back through the course of history, people who fought for freedom didn't hide their face but led the frontline of what they believe in
Who is sponsoring the protest?
What are they scared of?
Death? Arrest?
Why can't they show their face to the public and defend what they believe in the right way?
About the Shites killed by the military, do you know that it's treasonous to create a state in another state.
Any other country would have done the same

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To The Gullible Nigerian Youths by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jan 21, 2016
don4real18:

My cowardice ass?
That's what you actually presume... Quite opposite of what you feel.
The only reason I wrote my words is because I care about those people going to become a nuisance to themselves and relatives.
It's quite remorseful that they have no idea that they are being used. If one have to die for a cause, it must be worth fighting for, and definitely not for the greed of some politicians that hide their faces.
Going back through the course of history, people who fought for freedom didn't hide their face but led the frontline of what they believe in
Who is sponsoring the protest?
What are they scared of?
Death? Arrest?
Why can't they show their face to the public and defend what they believe in the right way?
About the Shites killed by the military, do you know that it's treasonous to create a state in another state.
Any other country would have done the same

You seem to be passionate about your position and I can tell you that in as much as you meant well your stance borders more on ignorance than you could imagine.

I want you to know that for every single freedom/revolution that has taken place in the history of humanity there has always and there will always be those behind the curtains. Those whom provide materials and engineer the cause. From the French revolution to the America fight for equality and to the revolution that cuts across middle east, to the out cry that resulted in Russian taking over Crimea to the cries that saw to the fall of the Berlin wall and even to the open Nigeria protest etc

That you should know maybe not today but I pray you live long and health to actually understand how the world really works. I hope the day you do, you should come back and thank me. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To The Gullible Nigerian Youths by don4real18(m): 8:48pm On Jan 21, 2016
woodcook:

You seem to be passionate about your position and I can tell you that in as much as you meant well your stance borders more on ignorance than you could imagine.

I want you to know that for every single freedom/revolution that has taken place in the history of humanity there has always and there will always be those behind the curtains. Those whom provide materials and engineer the cause. From the French revolution to the America fight for equality and to the revolution that cuts across middle east, to the out cry that resulted in Russian taking over Crimea to the cries that saw to the fall of the Berlin wall and even to the open Nigeria protest etc

That you should know maybe not today but I pray you live long and health to actually understand how the world really works. I hope the day you do, you should come back and thank me. grin
Your post is something one should laugh over
If it ever happens that I have to chew my words, I will happily quote you
Re: An Open Letter To The Gullible Nigerian Youths by amaechi1: 9:14pm On Jan 21, 2016
APCcrimesHHD:
#trash! Just #trash!

Learn to appreciate good things even if you do not agree with the writer. Would you have preferred insults.
Re: An Open Letter To The Gullible Nigerian Youths by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jan 21, 2016
don4real18:

#TheBiafranAgitators

#FallOfNaira
Am I sad?... Yes
Am I happy?.... Yes
People have failed to understand the reason for these free fall and have heaped lots and lots of blame on the present administration without understanding the reason.
The naira will depreciate more in the coming weeks and more people will point fingers.
The Naira's true problem is our dependency on oil and the embrace of corruption.
Even the rich and mighty Saudi Arabia is affected and had to remove subsidy recently to balance itself.
The best solution for Nigeria is to look inward and explore other resources to generate resources.
Empower youths to go into agriculture, woo companies to go into mining, focus on green housing and forget the conventional bricks and blocks, improve local manufacture into international standards and many more.

#DasukiGate
[b]A gate to success in a #corrupt way
His involvement in the arms scandal deal has caused the deaths of many at the expense of his and his robots greed.
Fathers have died, mothers have cried
Graves of children and no one is tried
He's presently in the custody of our security officials and so many people (likely the ones who haven't lost friends and family in the terrorist killings) are shouting rule of law.
Isn't it our judicial system that sentences petty thieves for their crimes and makes looters free men
These corrupt politicians can hire the best lawyers to prove they are innocent and walk free in a jiffy.

So, what rule of law? Just because we are in a democratic system of government doesn't give you the right to steal from the government coffers.
So many youths cry out that he's not the first to loot or the president should investigate his own party and one begins to wonder if they also benefited from Dasuki's generosity.
I totally concur with the language of the president and the commendable work of the DSS and the EFCC whose hands were tied during the last administration.
That anyone involved in this arms scandal that have destroyed many Nigerians and properties should be seriously dealt with to discourage future looters from engaging in this deeds[/b]

Bello Wahab O.
I'm really disappointed. I was expecting a honest and intelligent write . Sorry guys for quoting everything.
Re: An Open Letter To The Gullible Nigerian Youths by don4real18(m): 9:49pm On Jan 21, 2016
Reyginus:
I'm really disappointed. I was expecting a honest and intelligent write . Sorry guys for quoting everything.
Unintelligent to people who have decided to remain uneducated about their surroundings
Re: An Open Letter To The Gullible Nigerian Youths by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jan 21, 2016
Sooo inappropriate when people who aren't Igbo try to tell Igbo people how to feel about Biafra.

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To The Gullible Nigerian Youths by Living4christ(m): 9:58pm On Jan 21, 2016
don4real18:

thank u very much, u raised a point here, martin Luther walked d streets if america, let me ask u did US shoot him because he was progestin? That is an example of a civilised country! Nnamdi Kanu was remanded by ur DSS even before taking d street.

U said Nnamdi KANU hides his head in distant, but I will ask u again, where is he?
Re: An Open Letter To The Gullible Nigerian Youths by don4real18(m): 10:01pm On Jan 21, 2016
Living4christ:

thank u very much, u raised a point here, martin Luther walked d streets if america, let me ask u did US shoot him because he was progestin? That is an example of a civilised country! Nnamdi Kanu was remanded by ur DSS even before taking d street.

U said Nnamdi KANU hides his head in distant, but I will ask u again, where is he?
Kanu committed treason
Re: An Open Letter To The Gullible Nigerian Youths by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jan 21, 2016
don4real18:

Unintelligent to people who have decided to remain uneducated about their surroundings
Do you really want us, You and Me, to discuss or debate this?
Re: An Open Letter To The Gullible Nigerian Youths by don4real18(m): 10:10pm On Jan 21, 2016
Reyginus:
Do you really want us, You and Me, to discuss or debate this?
I'm not one to back out of debates except when it leads to the exchange of vulgar words
Re: An Open Letter To The Gullible Nigerian Youths by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jan 21, 2016
don4real18:

I'm not one to back out of debates except when it leads to the exchange of vulgar words
Okay. Let's begin with Dasuki. Tell me why do you call him a thief?
Re: An Open Letter To The Gullible Nigerian Youths by don4real18(m): 10:26pm On Jan 21, 2016
Reyginus:
Not just a thief but a murderer indirectly... With the evidence leveled against him and the fact that he didn't deny carrying out the act..
Re: An Open Letter To The Gullible Nigerian Youths by don4real18(m): 10:26pm On Jan 21, 2016
Reyginus:
Not just a thief but a murderer indirectly... With the evidence leveled against him and the fact that he didn't deny carrying out the act..
Re: An Open Letter To The Gullible Nigerian Youths by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jan 21, 2016
don4real18:

Lol. Tell me, who determines who a thief is or who a murderer is?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

An Ungrateful Yinka Odumakin / Biafra Maybe Landlocked But Will Have Access To The Sea Like Switzerland / Row, Electricity Challenges Account For 70% Of Operators’ Costs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.