Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,654 members, 7,809,477 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:15 AM

"Obama's Here" - Ludacris' Song For Obama Is Ludicrous - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / "Obama's Here" - Ludacris' Song For Obama Is Ludicrous (1494 Views)

Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Woman Blames Husband For Obama’s Reelection, Runs Him Over With Her Jeep / It's Time For Obama To Go: He's Useless To Liberals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Obama's Here" - Ludacris' Song For Obama Is Ludicrous by JeSoul(f): 6:17pm On Jul 31, 2008
The right wing is going nuts afters Luda's latest stunt. They're all screaming as to how this reflects badly on Obama. In the song he calls Hillary a bitch, and says "McCain don't belong in any chair unless he's paralyzed" etc . . .

I think its unfair to say this will reflect badly on Obama but it probably will. Obama has met with & complimented Ludacris in the past and the Reps are reminding everyone of that. I've always seen luda as unintelligent & laughable, and this song lyrics only confirms it. The song is well written, its too bad he has nuthin sensible to say.
  IMHO Obama if he wants to succeed does not need idiots like Ludacris on his side.

Ludacris "Obama's Here" Lyrics

I'm back on it like I just signed my record deal
Yeah the best is here, the Bentley Coup paint is dripping wet, it got sex appeal
Never should have hated, You never should've doubted him
With a slot in the president's iPod Obama shouted 'em

Said I handle my biz and I'm one of his favorite rappers
Well give Luda a special pardon if I'm ever in the slammer
Better yet put me in office, make me your vice president
Hillary hated on you, so that bitch is irrelevant

Jesse talking slick and apologizing for what?
If you said it then you meant it how you want it head or gut?
And all you other politicians trying to hate on my man,
watch us win majority vote in every state on my man

You can't stop what's bout to happen, we bout to make history
The first black president is destined and it's meant to be
The threats ain't fazing us, the nooses or the jokes
So get off your ass, black people, it's time to get out and vote!

Paint the White House black and I'm sure that's got 'em terrified
McCain don't belong in any chair unless he's paralyzed
Yeah I said it cause Bush is mentally handicapped
Ball up all of his speeches and just throw 'em like candy wrap
'cause what you talking I hear nothing even relevant
and you the worst of all 43 presidents

Get out and vote or the end'll be near
The world is ready for change because Obama is here
'cause Obama is here
The world is ready for change because Obama is here, yeah
because Obama is here

http://www.hiphopmusic.com/2008/07/ludacris_obama_rap_politics_ly.html
Re: "Obama's Here" - Ludacris' Song For Obama Is Ludicrous by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jul 31, 2008
No positive message in the song.
Its a pity, he's begining to sound like Bush himself. tongue
Re: "Obama's Here" - Ludacris' Song For Obama Is Ludicrous by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 31, 2008
Obama campaign rejects rapper Ludacris' rhymes

Thursday, July 31, 2008 3:27:05 PM

Barack Obama's presidential campaign says a new rhyme by supporter and rapper Ludacris is "outrageously offensive" to Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, Republican Sen. John McCain and President Bush.

The song brags about an Obama presidency being destiny. It uses an expletive to describe Clinton, calls Bush "mentally handicapped" and says McCain doesn't belong in "any chair unless he's paralyzed."

The lyrics don't spare the Rev. Jesse Jackson, who recently apologized for making crude comments about Obama. "If you said it then you meant it," intones the rapper.

Obama's campaign blasted "Politics as Usual," which is on the "Gangsta Other Entertainment Photos

McCain camp compares Obama to Spears, Hilton

Grillz: The Preview" mixtape with Atlanta spinner DJ Drama.

"As Barack Obama has said many, many times in the past, rap lyrics today too often perpetuate misogyny, materialism, and degrading images that he doesn't want his daughters or any children exposed to," campaign spokesman Bill Burton said in an e-mail statement Wednesday. "This song is not only outrageously offensive to Sen. Clinton, Rev. Jackson, Sen. McCain and President Bush, it is offensive to all of us who are trying to raise our children with the values we hold dear. While Ludacris is a talented individual he should be ashamed of these lyrics."

Ludacris' publicist and manager did not immediately return calls Wednesday for comment.

Continue,

http://www.mail.com/Article.aspx?articlepath=APNews\General-Entertainment\20080731\Obama-Ludacris.xml&cat=entertainment&subcat=&pageid=1
Re: "Obama's Here" - Ludacris' Song For Obama Is Ludicrous by doyin13(m): 6:51pm On Jul 31, 2008
Is it any surprise that Black people offer the greatest impediment to Obama's chances
Re: "Obama's Here" - Ludacris' Song For Obama Is Ludicrous by Ibime(m): 6:52pm On Jul 31, 2008
That Ludacris song is not helpful. . . . like someone said, he sounds like George Bush. . . . the rap contained nothing of political significance. . . . . it is just like "Im supporting Obama cos he's black. Full stop."
Re: "Obama's Here" - Ludacris' Song For Obama Is Ludicrous by DeepZone: 6:52pm On Jul 31, 2008
It's a pity that black people themselves are trying so hard to blow this opportunity. They are the ones making it a racial thing and are quick to forget that Obama cannot make it even if the whole black people in America from age 1 votes him without the white support. Sometimes i think these black celebs that yap this nonsense were paid by McCain's campaign to do that because that song will do nothing but aggravate the white voters who are trying so hard to vote Obama against their own .
Re: "Obama's Here" - Ludacris' Song For Obama Is Ludicrous by DeepZone: 6:54pm On Jul 31, 2008
Is it any surprise that Black people offer the greatest impediment to Obama's chances

Thank you; I've seen it over and over again on TV and anytime they ask a black person, he'll only say, I'm voting him because he's black. One actually said that he wants the white house to turn to a "hood". What nonsense and stupid comments.
Re: "Obama's Here" - Ludacris' Song For Obama Is Ludicrous by naijadiva2(f): 7:21pm On Jul 31, 2008
i read about it and i think its stupid. i hope ludacris doesn't think this is going to help obama.

DeepZone:

Thank you; I've seen it over and over again on TV and anytime they ask a black person, he'll only say, I'm voting him because he's black. One actually said that he wants the white house to turn to a "hood". What nonsense and stupid comments.

i swear, black people need to calm down. obama's not even president yet and they're acting crazy.
Re: "Obama's Here" - Ludacris' Song For Obama Is Ludicrous by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jul 31, 2008
That's what we get when we allow otherwise unintelligent airheads with the accidental ability to string words along faster than others to stand as "role models" and "celebrities".
Re: "Obama's Here" - Ludacris' Song For Obama Is Ludicrous by McKren(m): 7:33pm On Jul 31, 2008
davidylan:

That's what we get when we allow otherwise unintelligent airheads with the accidental ability to string words along faster than others to stand as "role models" and "celebrities".

That sums it up

Got nothing else to add
Re: "Obama's Here" - Ludacris' Song For Obama Is Ludicrous by LASIEFAIRE(m): 7:40pm On Jul 31, 2008
Obamanite . . . getting all furious. grin grin grin grin. He is one of Obama favorite rappers, he gets heavy rotation in his ipod.
Obama said this himself. Please can someone tell me what Ludacris raps about. He drops a new song - same ol thing- that has the potential to damage Obama's presidential aspiration now they want to deny him.
Re: "Obama's Here" - Ludacris' Song For Obama Is Ludicrous by TheSly: 7:47pm On Jul 31, 2008
Quite sad and pathetic. . . . sad
Let them blow up the chance . . . . . . . .i believe there will NEVER be any black president in case that happens.
Re: "Obama's Here" - Ludacris' Song For Obama Is Ludicrous by c33b33(m): 8:13pm On Jul 31, 2008
That's what rap is all about!insults & d rest, shame to those who don't use it in a right way!
Re: "Obama's Here" - Ludacris' Song For Obama Is Ludicrous by SeanT21(f): 1:46am On Aug 01, 2008
This fool needs to QUIT.

Black People in America should Vote For the candidates because of their Policies, NOT COLOR!!
Re: "Obama's Here" - Ludacris' Song For Obama Is Ludicrous by Mustay(m): 11:25am On Aug 01, 2008
What about Will.i.am's song with Obama?
Re: "Obama's Here" - Ludacris' Song For Obama Is Ludicrous by naijadiva2(f): 5:27pm On Aug 01, 2008
Mustay:

What about Will.i.am's song with Obama?

that one was good.
Re: "Obama's Here" - Ludacris' Song For Obama Is Ludicrous by 4Play(m): 8:58pm On Aug 01, 2008
LASIEFAIRE:

Obamanite . . . getting all furious. grin grin grin grin. He is one of Obama favorite rappers, he gets heavy rotation in his ipod.
Obama said this himself.
Please can someone tell me what Ludacris raps about. He drops a new song - same ol thing- that has the potential to damage Obama's presidential aspiration now they want to deny him.

You dey mind them. When Obama was trying to look hip,he didn't realize Ludacris calls women "bitches". It must be the legendary "Obama deafness" which prevented him from hearing Rev Wright's race baiting.

Re: "Obama's Here" - Ludacris' Song For Obama Is Ludicrous by KarmaMod(f): 9:04pm On Aug 01, 2008
4 Play:

You dey mind them. When Obama was trying to look hip,he didn't realize Ludacris calls women "bitches". It must be the legendary "Obama deafness" which prevented him from hearing Rev Wright's race baiting.

Yea seriously. Cant believe that it's THIS song that bothered Obama and his camp. Was he in Kenya when "I Got Hos In Different Area Codes" was released? Dude's not serious.
Re: "Obama's Here" - Ludacris' Song For Obama Is Ludicrous by LASIEFAIRE(m): 10:47pm On Aug 01, 2008
When people begin to see beyond this guys color ( strangely is most important attribute ), they will realise that he is nothing but an actor that gives great speeches. Am not a Mccain fan either, but I would rather vote for him because he is experienced and atleast I know he wont be running for a second term grin
Re: "Obama's Here" - Ludacris' Song For Obama Is Ludicrous by LASIEFAIRE(m): 10:53pm On Aug 01, 2008
4 Play:

grin grin grin grin grin reminded me of the cartoon in which obama is sitting in church sleeping listening to Rev. Wright preachings, when he heard the last preaching, he suddenly woke up.

(1) (Reply)

Murder In Church: Lebanese Mafia Fingered / The Fallacies Of Saudi Arabia’s Constitution / PRISM:- EXPOSED the US Government Entire World Spy Program!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.