Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,335 members, 7,954,365 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:37 PM

Iyabo Obasanjo: I Wrote The Letter - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iyabo Obasanjo: I Wrote The Letter (2055 Views)

Obasanjo: I Spent Two Days With Taliban Terrorists / Saraki To Obasanjo: I Will Respond To Your Letter Formally / Obasanjo: I Made ‘Successful’ Mistakes As President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iyabo Obasanjo: I Wrote The Letter by Obiagu1(m): 4:57am On Dec 20, 2013
Shortly after Senator Iyabo’s letter to her dad went viral, exposing the latter’s political gimmicks and ‘irresponsible’ fatherhood, rumours again hit the internet that the purported letter was not from Iyabo Obasanjo, but merely written to blackmail Chief Obasanjo over his last letter to Jonathan.

However, in her reaction to the rumour that disputed her authorship of the highly controversial letter, Senator Iyabo had yesterday gave further reasons why she gave up on her father, claiming that she was the writer of the said letter.

Recall that when Obasanjo was approached yesterday to confirm the source of the letter, he allegedly insulted the reporter, asserting that his daughter had no knowledge about the letter. This was after another poorly written letter resurfaced on the internet, purportedly written by Iyabo. Iyabo in the letter denied having knowledge of the controversial letter.

However, in her reaction, Iyabo flayed the calculated attempt by some media organizations to disassociate her from the letter, saying that she cannot retract the letter as well as the position she had taken regarding her father.

Faulting the social media for syndicating unconfirmed stories, Iyabo told Vanguard thus, “No, no, no, that is not true. How can you live by social media? That is part of the problem with Nigeria; people want to be flying rumours. I have not told anybody o! It is early morning here and I just woke up and if I were you I would just ignore them,” She said.

“People are calling me and telling me that they called Baba, but if I say I am not talking to someone (her father), how can you say you called the person? Will the person tell you what is on my mind?” she asked.

She said her present strained relationship with her father resulted from her recent discovery that her father will never change from manipulating people.

“The whole of last year, I didn’t speak to him and I just started speaking to him recently, and the last time, he was trying to manipulate me to say this, say that. I can’t be saying no when you say no.

“The last time I spoke to him was three days ago and I decided that I was not going to speak to him again after that. That was the communication through which I realized that this man would never change from manipulations for himself.”

Dismissing her unsolicited canvassers on social media, she said, “I was surprised that they would say that they called Baba, and I said to myself, are these people mad? How can you call the person that I said I am not talking to, to ask him whether I wrote a letter or not and he is going to speak for me?

“Nobody can say that I told him that I didn’t write it. I am not a liar. I will not back away from what I wrote and there is nothing that is there that is a lie. In the last four years how many of them have spoken to me? They are all mad people,” she said.

Source
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: I Wrote The Letter by brilapluz(m): 5:08am On Dec 20, 2013
Following the hoopla over her letter,Iyabo spoke severally to Vanguard, yesterday. Asked to respond to claims that she had denied the authorship of the letter written to her father, Iyabo, who holds a doctorate in epidemology and now resident in the United States, said:

“No, no, no, that is not true. How can you live by social media? That is part of the problem with Nigeria, people want to be flying rumours. I have not told anybody o! It is early morning here and I just woke up and if I were you I would just ignore them,” Senator Obasanjo said.

“People are calling me and telling me that they called Baba but if I say I am not talking to someone (her father), how can you say you called the person and the person will tell you what is on my mind?” she asked.

Giving reasons on why she broke off, she said that after a break from relating with Obasanjo, she found out days ago that her father would not change from the manipulative person she had known all along.

“The whole of last year I didn’t speak to him and I just started speaking to him recently, and the last time he was trying to manipulate me to say, this, say that. I can’t be saying no when you say no.

“The last time I spoke to him was three days ago and I decided that I was not going to speak to him again after that. That was the communication through which I realized that this man would never change from manipulations for himself.”

Dismissing her unsolicited canvassers on social media, she said:
“I was surprised that they would say that they called Baba, and I said to myself, are these people mad? How can you call the person that I said I am not talking to, to ask him whether I wrote a letter or not and he is going to speak for me?

“Nobody can say that I told him that I didn’t write it. I am not a liar. I will not back away from what I wrote and there is nothing that is there that is a lie. In the last four years how many of them have spoken to me? They are all mad people,” she said.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/12/gave-dad-iyabo-obasanjo/#sthash.iclSzCz5.dpuf
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: I Wrote The Letter by Obiagu1(m): 5:09am On Dec 20, 2013
“Before I continue, Nigerians are people who see conspiracy and self-service in everything because I think they believe everyone is like them. This letter is not in support of President Jonathan or APC or any other group or person, but an outpouring from my soul to God. I don’t blame you for the many atrocities you have been able to get away with, Nigerians were your enablers every step of the way. People ultimately get leaders that reflect them."

Iyabo Obasanjo

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: I Wrote The Letter by osystein(m): 5:11am On Dec 20, 2013
Why doesn't she just go on camera and put the whole thing to rest, I don't see the need for all this confusion.

3 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: I Wrote The Letter by Obiagu1(m): 5:12am On Dec 20, 2013
"Your statement to me that day proved to me that you were the brain behind the third term debacle. It is therefore outrageous that you accuse the current President of a similar two-facedness that you yourself used against the people of the country."

Iyabo Obasanjo
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: I Wrote The Letter by Obiagu1(m): 5:13am On Dec 20, 2013
osystein: Why doesn't she just go on camera and port the whole thing to rest, I don't see the need for all this confusion.

There's no confusion.
Did anyone ask OBJ to go on camera?

7 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: I Wrote The Letter by Obiagu1(m): 5:18am On Dec 20, 2013
“I don’t know how you came about Yar’Adua as the candidate for your party as it was not my priority or job. Unlike you, I focus on the issues I have been given responsibility over and not on the jobs of others.
That evening after the disaster of a rally, you said you had insisted that the Presidential candidate fly to Germany for a check-up although you said he only had a cold. I asked why would anyone fly to Germany to treat a cold? And you said “I would rather die than have the man die at this time.” I thought of this profound statement as things later unfolded against me. Then I thought it a stupid statement but as usual I kept quiet, little did I know how your machinations for a person would be used against me. When Yar’Adua eventually died, you stayed alive, I would have expected you to jump into his grave."

Iyabo Obasanjo
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: I Wrote The Letter by Obiagu1(m): 5:21am On Dec 20, 2013
"You think our existence on earth is about you. By the way, how many are we? 19, 20, 21? Do you even know? In the last five years, how many of these children have you spoken to? How many grandchildren do you have and when did you last see each of them?"

Iyabo Obasanjo
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: I Wrote The Letter by Obiagu1(m): 5:23am On Dec 20, 2013
“At your first inauguration in 1999, I and my brothers and sisters told you we were coming from the US. As is usual with you, you made no arrangements for our trip, instead our mom organized to meet each of us and provided accommodation. At the actual swearing-in at Eagle Square, the others decided to watch it on TV. Instead I went to the square and I was pushed and tossed by the crowd.

I managed to get in front of the crowd where I waved and shouted at you as you and General Abdulsalam Abubakar walked past to go back to the VIP seating area. I saw you mouth ‘my daughter’ to General Abdullahi who was the one who pulled me out of the crowd and gave me a seat. As I looked around I saw Stella and Stella’s family prominently seated but none of your children. I am sure General Abdullahi would remember this incident and I am eternally grateful to him."

Iyabo Obasanjo
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: I Wrote The Letter by Obiagu1(m): 5:24am On Dec 20, 2013
"Getting back to my mother, I still remember your beating her up continually when we were kids. What kids can forget that kind of violence against their mother? Your maltreatment of women is legendary. Many of your women have come out to denounce you in public but since your madness is also part of the madness of the society, it is the women that are usually ignored and mistreated. Of course, you are the great pretender, making people believe you have a good family life and a good relationship with your children but once in a while your pretence gets cracked."

Iyabo Obasanjo
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: I Wrote The Letter by Obiagu1(m): 5:26am On Dec 20, 2013
"You are one of those petty people who think the progress and success of another takes from you. You try to overshadow everyone around you, before you and after you. You are the prototypical “Mr. Know it all”. You’ve never said “I don’t know” on any topic, ever. Of course this means you surround yourself with idiots who will agree with you on anything and need you for financial gain and you need them for your insatiable ego. This your attitude is a reflection of the country. It is not certain which came first, your attitude seeping into the country’s psyche or the country accepting your irresponsible behavior for so long."

Iyabo Obasanjo
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: I Wrote The Letter by gidson12(m): 6:03am On Dec 20, 2013
Seun I know this thread would not make front page, you won't disappoint me
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: I Wrote The Letter by Swiftboy(m): 6:31am On Dec 20, 2013
cheesy
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: I Wrote The Letter by beylinko(m): 6:38am On Dec 20, 2013
Nkan be...
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: I Wrote The Letter by gudnex22(m): 6:39am On Dec 20, 2013
K na
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: I Wrote The Letter by Obiagu1(m): 6:46am On Dec 20, 2013
"Like many educated Nigerians my age, there are countries that actually value people doing their best to contribute to society and as many of them have scattered all over the world so have many of your children.
I can speak for myself and many of them; what they are running away from is that they can’t even contribute effectively at the same time as they have to deal with constant threats to their lives by miscreants the society failed to educate; deal with lack of electricity and air pollution resulting from each household generating its own electricity, and the lack of quality healthcare or education and a total lack of sense of responsibility of almost every person you meet. Your contribution to this scenario cannot be overestimated."

Iyabo Obasanjo
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: I Wrote The Letter by Eseharrison(m): 6:49am On Dec 20, 2013
My goodness!
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: I Wrote The Letter by damas60(m): 6:49am On Dec 20, 2013
Hullabaloo[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: I Wrote The Letter by jmoore(m): 6:57am On Dec 20, 2013
Before nko, na me write am?
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: I Wrote The Letter by tomakint: 7:01am On Dec 20, 2013
This letter will forever torment Obasanjo for the rest of his life no doubt. Gbenga Obasanjo should come up with his own......Obj is gone!

7 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: I Wrote The Letter by freshprincex49(m): 7:05am On Dec 20, 2013
The details in the first latter could have only come from a close family member. Besides, the rebuttal was so badly scripted that one will not help but wonder if it was actually written by a PHD holder. In all, unfolding evidence lays credence to Vangaurd's claims. They have been in the business for too long as to dabble into such a debacle knowing the enormous implications. I'm compelled to believe them!

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: I Wrote The Letter by Ladybianca(f): 7:14am On Dec 20, 2013
now
dat all doubts has bn cleared abt who authored d letter......you all knw now dat iyabo wrote dat letter, xo where re dos
ofe nmanu peeps claiming a yoruba lady can not insult ha fad a
publicly......

6 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: I Wrote The Letter by true2god: 7:30am On Dec 20, 2013
Ladybianca: now
dat all doubts has bn cleared abt who authored d letter......you all knw now dat iyabo wrote dat letter, xo where re dos
ofe nmanu peeps claiming a yoruba lady can not insult ha fad a
publicly......
No, Yoruba people are respectful and cultured. Gbenga Obasanjo was very respectful, he did not openly accused his father of sleeping with his wife. Iyabo obasanjo is also very respectful, she cannot write such a letter to her saintly father.

Yoruba people are saints.

4 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: I Wrote The Letter by ignis: 7:41am On Dec 20, 2013
Read the last sentence again..

''they are all mad people''
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: I Wrote The Letter by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:50am On Dec 20, 2013
If my dad is soi influential that he refused to dip in and influence my winning in the last elections as before, i wld be mad too and write an open letter.

Its called bitterness!!

The fool didn't write letter wen she was eating the national cake with his dad....but wen his dad refused to influence her winning buy paving way for ACN, that is wen he is not a good dad!

Who gives a fucck abt all of u anyways?

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: I Wrote The Letter by Chigold101(m): 7:50am On Dec 20, 2013
Nigerians forget so soon. Why did OBJ sack Gbenga & sent him back to the USA? Soon GBENGA will come up with his own open letter too... I pity OBJ
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: I Wrote The Letter by bestviewer: 7:51am On Dec 20, 2013
Iyabo called all Yorobass mad people..

There is modicum of truth over her blanket stand on Yorobar tribe..
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: I Wrote The Letter by Kairoseki77: 7:59am On Dec 20, 2013
bestviewer: Iyabo called all Yorobass mad people..

There is modicum of truth over her blanket stand on Yorobar tribe..

She called ALL Nigerians mad people, but leave it to a Nigerian to reduce it to tribe. Smh.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: I Wrote The Letter by Sparklitta(f): 8:23am On Dec 20, 2013
Just sippin my kunu with crossed legs nd waiting for part 2 :-:-
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: I Wrote The Letter by obyrich(m): 8:27am On Dec 20, 2013
SLIDE waxie: If my dad is soi influential that he refused to dip in and influence my winning in the last elections as before, i wld be mad too and write an open letter.

Its called bitterness!!

The fool didn't write letter wen she was eating the national cake with his dad....but wen his dad refused to influence her winning buy paving way for ACN, that is wen he is not a good dad!

Who gives a fucck abt all of u anyways?
Why call her fool when you'd do the same thing she did? Hypocrisy?
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: I Wrote The Letter by obyrich(m): 8:36am On Dec 20, 2013
Kairoseki77:

She called ALL Nigerians mad people, but leave it to a Nigerian to reduce it to tribe. Smh.
Fani kayode and all the people claiming that the Yorubas are too respectful to insult their elders publicly and much less their Dad, are from which tribe? IGBO? HAUSA? IJAW? Where? She is tired of seeing droves of Yorubas trouping to Otta to worship their demi-god whom she knew in and out to be a morally decrepit fellow. Sorry, she has seen the light and darkness cannot comprehend her!

6 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: I Wrote The Letter by Obiagu1(m): 8:59am On Dec 20, 2013
"You and your cronies mentioned in your letter have left the country worse than you met it at your births in the 1930’s and 1940’s. Nigeria is not the creation of any of you, and although you feel you own it and are “Mr Nigeria” deciding whether the country stays together or not, and who rules it; you don’t."

Iyabo Obasanjo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbo Group Decries Poor Power Supply In South East / EXPOSED!! Full List Of Boko Haram Sponsors In Nigeria / Nigerian Drug Courier Daniel Enemuo To Be Executed Today As Indonesia Gets Tough

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.