Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,622 members, 7,809,292 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:21 AM

I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari (22015 Views)

Don’t Let Jonathan Deceive You Again – Buhari / Don’t Shift Elections Again, UN Tells Nigerian Government / New Plan To Postpone Elections Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by idumuose(m): 11:56am On Dec 20, 2013
‎​Presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) General Muhammdu Buhari (rtd)  has said that he will not seek any elective office again after  Saturday's Presidential election.

Speaking at grand finale of  his electioneering campaign in Abuja yesterday, Buhari said the 2011 campaign was significant for him because it is an election in which more unambigously than the previous two, “2003 and 2007, our victory is assured as evidenced by the unprecedented turnout by people and spontaneous popular acclaim all over the country.”

“This campaign is the third and last one for me since after it I will not present myself again for election into the office of the president,” Buhari said.

While commending voters for  coming out mass to vote last Saturday, the CPC presidential candidate however, said it was not good enough, “you must maintain your presence during the counting  and collation of votes and announcements of results. Because you haven't done this in all cases, they have already started turning your victories into defeats."

Buhari said the “the massive rigging that took place last Saturday is unacceptable and you must not allow a repeat performance next Saturday”.

Although he did not directly talk about the failed alliance between the CPC and the Action Congress of Nigeria, the former head of state said the task of defeating the ruling People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in the election is a collective one saying, “in the end we must all in unison send the PDP government packing by giving it a punch on the mouth”.
mouth
‎​

www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/old/index.php/news-news/16766-i-will-never-contest-elections-again

The same Buhari has this to say:

2015: Only death'll stop me from contesting - BUHARI -
‎​http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/2015-only-deathll-stop-me-from-contesting-buhari/

I will run in 2015 - Buhari
‎​http://www.nigeriancompass.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8559:buhari-i-will-run-in-2015&catid=54:nigeria-today&Itemid=594

Buhari: Contesting in 2015 is an obligation - Daily Trust
http://dailytrust.info/index.php/top-stories/2947-buhari-contesting-in-2015-is-an-obligation

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by obyrich(m): 12:45pm On Dec 20, 2013
ABAGWORO et al take note!

2 Likes

Re: I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by idumuose(m): 12:53pm On Dec 20, 2013
obyrich: ABAGWORO et al take note!

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by Segunbills(m): 1:01pm On Dec 20, 2013
Hope all the anti GEJ sees this too. Never trust the words of a politician. I need a breath of Fresh air.

16 Likes

Re: I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by Nobody: 1:01pm On Dec 20, 2013
It's always like this and it'll continue to be like this. Politics and politicians have never potraited the rules to be straight. So as human being, it aids the incompleteness. The overall result is what you see today. When children give no respect, lash-out at their bearers at will, all in the name of voicing out their grief which as a responsible child should not be heard anywhere outside dinning room. The products of the system, too, fill with inconsistences. What do you expect from the leaders given the mandate through this bent rules if not inconsistence upon one? If you dont understand what lie means, you know nothing about the rules! Lie is the bedrock of politics...and as long it continues, so shall the effects find it's way into our humble selves. Dont be surprise when tomorrow you see OP denying his intention which today is obvious that it's intended to undermine a certain set of individuals. Nigeria....may you ever recover from this sturborn virus.
Thanks to Allah for making it possible for me to have a plot of land in the front page roll.

4 Likes

Re: I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by idumuose(m): 1:20pm On Dec 20, 2013
Ridhwan.:
Will come back to coment....Just finished GNS102 exam, need to take a rest. #yawn
Re: I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by idumuose(m): 1:24pm On Dec 20, 2013
[quote author=idumuose][/quote]
Re: I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by ShineIt: 1:25pm On Dec 20, 2013
This should be frontpage, No?

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by Omooba77: 1:25pm On Dec 20, 2013
FP please.................Never trust the word of a politician..........................
Re: I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by Sealeddeal(m): 1:34pm On Dec 20, 2013
thats politics. Its always like that. GEJ till 2019.

15 Likes

Re: I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by idumuose(m): 1:51pm On Dec 20, 2013
Segunbills: Hope all the anti GEJ sees this too. Never trust the words of a politician. I need a breath of Fresh air.
Re: I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by idumuose(m): 1:52pm On Dec 20, 2013
[quote author=idumuose][/quote]
Re: I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by jamace(m): 3:20pm On Dec 20, 2013
Don't mind the cry-cry GENERAL.

5 Likes

Re: I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by albiol: 4:21pm On Dec 20, 2013
The same way jonathan said he's going for only one term Abi una forget that one

6 Likes

Re: I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by Tintinix: 4:31pm On Dec 20, 2013
albiol: The same way jonathan said he's going for only one term Abi una forget that one

Waoh! So you didn't get the OP point then?!

And these are the people that are engaged in online debates?

9 Likes

Re: I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by bamosagie(m): 4:41pm On Dec 20, 2013
When will this get to the front page too?
Re: I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by idumuose(m): 5:14pm On Dec 20, 2013
Tintinix:

Waoh! So you didn't get the OP point then?!

And these are the people that are engaged in online debates?
I am sure the guy must have bumped in from romance section.
I will advise Ɣ☺u to go back.this section is not meant for Ɣ☺u

11 Likes

Re: I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by TechWalker007: 5:14pm On Dec 20, 2013
Shine It: This should be frontpage, No?
The one about GEJ speedily got to FP.
Nairaland is supposed to be non-partisan but that's not the case.

3 Likes

Re: I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by TechWalker007: 5:18pm On Dec 20, 2013
Who ever moved the other anti-GEJ thread to FP with lightening speed should please do the needful to this thread.
Thank you.

Cc Afam, OAM4J

8 Likes

Re: I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by idumuose(m): 5:56pm On Dec 20, 2013
TechWalker007: Who ever moved the other anti-GEJ thread to FP with lightening speed should please do the needful to this thread.
Thank you.

Cc Afam, OAM4J
Re: I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by jmaine: 6:20pm On Dec 20, 2013
TechWalker007: Who ever moved the other anti-GEJ thread to FP with lightening speed should please do the needful to this thread.
Thank you.

Cc Afam, OAM4J

Seun was the culprit who aided that shameless thread to prominence . .

8 Likes

Re: I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by OsunOriginal: 7:09pm On Dec 20, 2013
Stop comparing Buhari's personal comment with GEJ's signed agreement with other players. Buhari's comment was his personal opinion after the disappointment that greeted the 2011 election and merger arrangement. He didn't sign any agreement with anybody that he would not contest against.

A personal opinion can be changed by a superior argument - this is what happened. Patriotic Nigerians are the ones asking Buhari to change his mind and since his involvement in politics is for the people, why will he say no to their wish?

Gej had an agreement with his co-travellers in PDP but he doesn't want to honour the agreement. This shows he lacks integrity and he is unreliable to have breached an agreement.

We need Buhari - Buhari must contest again.

29 Likes

Re: I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by idumuose(m): 7:18pm On Dec 20, 2013
OsunOriginal: Stop comparing Buhari's personal comment with GEJ's signed agreement with other players. Buhari's comment was his personal opinion after the disappointment that greeted the 2011 election and merger arrangement. He didn't sign any agreement with anybody that he would not contest against.

A personal opinion can be changed by a superior argument - this is what happened. Patriotic Nigerians are the ones asking Buhari to change his mind and since his involvement in politics is for the people, why will he say no to their wish?

Gej had an agreement with his co-travellers in PDP but he doesn't want to honour the agreement. This shows he lacks integrity and he is unreliable to have breached an agreement.

We need Buhari - Buhari must contest again.

Can Ɣ☺u present the purported signed agreement for the world
to see.I challenge Ɣ☺u to present the signed agreement between
Jonathan and some ghost

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by ShineIt: 7:25pm On Dec 20, 2013
jmaine:

Seun was the culprit who aided that shameless thread to prominence . .
He's gradually destroying what he spent years building. Very soon only APC supporters would be using nairaland forum.

8 Likes

Re: I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by jmaine: 7:28pm On Dec 20, 2013
Shine It:
He's gradually destroying what he spent years building. Very soon only APC supporters would be using nairaland forum.

It's all about the traffic and cash for Mr Seun . . .
Re: I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by biafranqueen: 7:29pm On Dec 20, 2013
I am sure he will try again old solider never die I know they would love to put an old school military polithiefian back in office, they have not been getting paid properly from this administration.

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by jmoore(m): 8:05pm On Dec 20, 2013
These politicians ehhh.

Vote Goodluck for President, Buhari for Vice-president under the umbrella of APCPDP. smh

3 Likes

Re: I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by Trut(m): 8:06pm On Dec 20, 2013
Move to front page...
Re: I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by Seun(m): 8:52pm On Dec 20, 2013
jmaine: It's all about the traffic and cash for Mr Seun . . .
APC isn't paying me any cash; I'm sure that PDP has far more cash than APC. I simply made a mistake when I posted that old thread.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by JohnFrankling(m): 8:56pm On Dec 20, 2013
Seun: APC isn't paying me any cash; I'm sure that PDP has far more cash than APC. I simply made a mistake when I posted that old thread.
mistake or not still move this to the FP

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by Nobody: 8:59pm On Dec 20, 2013
Seun: APC isn't paying me any cash; I'm sure that PDP has far more cash than APC. I simply made a mistake when I posted that old thread.

Yet there are threads on the progress of nigeria you vehemently refused to move to the front-page.

www.nairaland.com/1561136/nigeria-economy-largest-africa-rebasing#20328225

Please why isn't this thread on the front-page of nairaland?

8 Likes

Re: I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari by Princess2be(f): 9:04pm On Dec 20, 2013
Story! Why has no thread on Iyabo made front page?... Sentiment aside, this trending issue in the country now should have made front page. Despite all the confirmations, no thread on Iyabo has hit the front page yet. I've been following one thread on that which has been trending since yesterday till now. It's now on the 3rd page and yet has not made front page. See it here:
https://www.nairaland.com/1561118/breaking-why-gave-up-dad

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Memories Of DSS Invasion As Buhari, Daura Hold Talks / Kaduna Workers Beyond 50 Years Retired Compulsorily, Others Converted To Casual / Agenda 2050: President Buhari Inaugurates National Steering Committee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.