Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,329 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

Nairaland Interschool Debate:::Winner:: UNN - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Interschool Debate:::Winner:: UNN (11049 Views)

LASU Vs IBADAN POLY : Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: IBADAN POLY / UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB / OAU--ABU ZARIA: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: OAU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:::Winner:: UNN by chynazom(f): 1:07pm On Dec 21, 2013
Emmyk: Are we also to blame the followers for the bad roads which are supposed to be Federal roads? And are supposed to be maintained by the?

Who are the people handling these projects? Are they not contractors just like you and I(qualified ones definitely)? When Government disburses funds to take care of these projects and some persons decide to pocket the funds, do we still blame the Government?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:::Winner:: UNN by PrinceJustice(m): 1:09pm On Dec 21, 2013
promisechild: the police and SSS they are under which arm of government ? Hope you haven't forgotten that your president is the GFRC
That didn't answer my question:

And this Police and SSS are they under the categories of Leaders or Followers?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:::Winner:: UNN by Emmyk(m): 1:11pm On Dec 21, 2013
chynazom:

Who are the people handling these projects? Are they not contractors just like you and I(qualified ones definitely)? When Government disburses funds to take care of these projects and some persons decide to pocket the funds, do we still blame the Government?
Are these people not leaders in their own class that we the masses look up to for safety? Of course they are.

These people sure have families, let me inform you that they are leaders in their houses.

Is this act worth emulating by the children?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:::Winner:: UNN by promisechild(m): 1:12pm On Dec 21, 2013
Prince Justice:
And how many people showed up for those protests?
Take your mind back to the OCCUPY NIGERIA protest in January 2012, can you remember how the followers came out in their numbers? What was the result? They came out in their numbers because they were not comfortable with the removal of the subsidy!
talking about the subsidy issue was it totally abolished? What happened in gani fawehinmi park at ojota on the 10th of january 2012?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:::Winner:: UNN by Emmyk(m): 1:13pm On Dec 21, 2013
chynazom:
Birds of the same feather flock together they say. These people appointed into the positions are definitely average Nigerians like you and I.
They( the corrupt leaders) will naturally pick those singing the same song with them so there wont be clashes. If we have 100% honest people likely to become judges and Chief Justices, do you not think this issue you raised can be curbed?
Why will a leader appoint someone with questionable character as a Judge?
To make the 'work' faster, I bet.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:::Winner:: UNN by PrinceJustice(m): 1:13pm On Dec 21, 2013
promisechild: The followers are now been forced
to follow the foot step of their leaders because every
part of country is full of corruption.
Did you say forced? Remember that these leaders are a product of the society (followers)
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:::Winner:: UNN by promisechild(m): 1:16pm On Dec 21, 2013
why are the leaders giving bribes to the followers if they know they merit the position they are going for ? @prince justice

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:::Winner:: UNN by chynazom(f): 1:17pm On Dec 21, 2013
Emmyk: Are these people not leaders in their own class that we the masses look up to for safety? Of course they are.

Isn't there a clear distinction between a leader and a follower??
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:::Winner:: UNN by promisechild(m): 1:18pm On Dec 21, 2013
Prince Justice:
Did you say forced? Remember that these leaders are a product of the society (followers)
you haven't answered my question the SSS and police are controlled by which organ of government ?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:::Winner:: UNN by PrinceJustice(m): 1:19pm On Dec 21, 2013
promisechild: why are the leaders giving bribes to the followers if they know they merit the position they are going for ? @prince justice
Did you just say leaders giving bribes to the followers
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:::Winner:: UNN by boay(m): 1:20pm On Dec 21, 2013
Debaters,

Please start bringing the puncturing of arguments to an end.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:::Winner:: UNN by Emmyk(m): 1:21pm On Dec 21, 2013
Contact scam issues, if government officials do not benefit from it, It would have been easy to prosecute offenders
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:::Winner:: UNN by PrinceJustice(m): 1:21pm On Dec 21, 2013
promisechild: you haven't answered my question the SSS and police are controlled by which organ of government ?
You are shying away from mine. Remember we are looking at leaders and followers here. If you want us to go by government, that's a different ball game.
And I ask again:
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:::Winner:: UNN by boay(m): 1:23pm On Dec 21, 2013
Debaters,

Kindly prepare to entertain questions by the judges in the blinking of an eye.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:::Winner:: UNN by Emmyk(m): 1:23pm On Dec 21, 2013
chynazom:

Isn't there a clear distinction between a leader and a follower??
Of course. But we have Leaders at all levels. More than just political leaders .
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:::Winner:: UNN by promisechild(m): 1:24pm On Dec 21, 2013
Prince Justice:
You are shying away from mine. Remember we are looking at leaders and followers here. If you want us to go by government, that's a different ball game.
And I ask again:
which organ is in charge? Yes! your president is the head of all forces in Nigeria apparently they are leaders not followers.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:::Winner:: UNN by chynazom(f): 1:26pm On Dec 21, 2013
Emmyk: Why will a leader appoint someone with questionable character as a Judge?
To make the 'work' faster, I bet.

And if we have followers that refuse to have questionable character, who will be available for the leader to pick?? We decide to dance to their tunes and continue the trend of things.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:::Winner:: UNN by PrinceJustice(m): 1:27pm On Dec 21, 2013
promisechild: which organ is in charge? Yes! your president is the head of all forces in Nigeria apparently they are leaders not followers.
Your (Our) President is also the head of all the civil servants who are also part of these followers and the entire country! From your point above, that makes the followers leaders.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:::Winner:: UNN by promisechild(m): 1:28pm On Dec 21, 2013
u haven't answered my question why are the leaders giving out money to the followers to secure votes?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:::Winner:: UNN by boay(m): 1:28pm On Dec 21, 2013
Judges,

Please you can now direct your questions to the debaters.

Debaters, kindly respond accordingly.

Thanks
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:::Winner:: UNN by promisechild(m): 1:30pm On Dec 21, 2013
Prince Justice:
Your (Our) President is also the head of all the civil servants who are also part of these followers and the entire country! From your point above, that makes the followers leaders.
are you telling me the police and SSS used by your leaders are civil servants?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:::Winner:: UNN by PrinceJustice(m): 1:31pm On Dec 21, 2013
promisechild: u haven't answered my question why are the leaders giving out money to the followers to secure votes?
To sell their franchise you mean. They are part of the followers, they know how corrupt their fellow followers are. They know they can buy the votes of their fellow followers (because they are willing to sell). If they weren't, no one will waste his/her time making such "offers". That's it!
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:::Winner:: UNN by PrinceJustice(m): 1:33pm On Dec 21, 2013
promisechild: are you telling me the police and SSS used by your leaders are civil servants?
Can you please refresh my memory on that definition of a leader again.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:::Winner:: UNN by Emmyk(m): 1:34pm On Dec 21, 2013
chynazom:

And if we have followers that refuse to have questionable character, who will be available for the leader to pick?? We decide to dance to their tunes and continue the trend of things.
The only reason a leader will be looking for followers with questionable character, is to aid him (the leader) in his corrupt acts. That simple.

Trace the line down, these people are fathers and mothers, they surely have families. In a nutshell, they are leaders.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:::Winner:: UNN by Caracta(f): 1:35pm On Dec 21, 2013
Interesting...I must say.

@promisechild, quick question, are you a Nigerian? I noticed the frequent use of "your president".

@the debaters, kindly suggest ways in which we can know a leader is not and cannot be corrupt. Furthermore, I'll like this topic to be linked to the corruption in the educational sector.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:::Winner:: UNN by jaybee3(m): 1:36pm On Dec 21, 2013
@ KSU

1)It's true that good leaders with good vision and strategy can effect change even when it seems impossible. As the president of Nigeria, how would you have been able to solve NEPA problem considering the corruption engulfed within that parastatal is evident at every hierarchal level of that department.

2) Corruption is only prevalent if there is an enabling environment. Nigeria as an environment is a democracy meaning the leader is bounded by the constitution. How do you think getting rid of a corrupt leader but not cleansing a corrupt system will help get us to the promise land
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:::Winner:: UNN by chynazom(f): 1:36pm On Dec 21, 2013
Emmyk: Of course. But we have Leaders at all levels. More than just political leaders .
Doesn't this contradict your stance your point automatically makes everyone a leader leaving out the difference.!
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:::Winner:: UNN by promisechild(m): 1:39pm On Dec 21, 2013
Prince Justice:
To sell their franchise you mean. They are part of the followers, they know how corrupt their fellow followers are. They know they can buy the votes of their fellow followers (because they are willing to sell). If they weren't, no one will waste his/her time making such "offers". That's it!
this means merit has been sacrificed for flaw from the onset. pls can u tell me some qualities of a leader if it includes giving money out to get favour?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:::Winner:: UNN by PrinceJustice(m): 1:41pm On Dec 21, 2013
Caracta:
@the debaters, kindly suggest ways in which we can know a leader is not and cannot be corrupt. Furthermore, I'll like this topic to be linked to the corruption in the educational sector.
Leaders don't fall from the skies, like I said earlier, Leaders are an extension of the followers; they have a history, they have track records, they come from some where we know them, they've been tried in the past. WE KNOW THEM.

We can know if a leader not corrupt, but we CANNOT tell if a leader who is not corrupt will remain that way. Humans are dynamic, and every human being by default is bound to be corrupt.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:::Winner:: UNN by Caracta(f): 1:43pm On Dec 21, 2013
@Emmyk, what do you think defines a leader? If you were the leader of a group and all the other members were involved in corruption, thereby endangering your life and that of your family, how would you maintain your stand and still work effectively with them?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:::Winner:: UNN by chynazom(f): 1:44pm On Dec 21, 2013
Caracta: Interesting...I must say.

@promisechild, quick question, are you a Nigerian? I noticed the frequent use of "your president".

Telling if a leader CANNOT be corrupt us like trying to tell the future. However, like my chief speaker said, we can know a leader who is not corrupt by his/her deeds.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate:::Winner:: UNN by promisechild(m): 1:45pm On Dec 21, 2013
Caracta: Interesting...I must say.

am a Nigerian but I have lost hope in the leaders which makes me to disassociate myself

An incorruptible leader has an humble background .his past is easily assessible, no past crime records and must not seek favour from people during election.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Graduated With A Pass. Is It Possible For Me To Get A Job Without Connection? / Tasued Post Ume Is Out! Check In For More Details / "149 Kuriga School Children Still Missing" - FIJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.