Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,926 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Why Is Rice And Stew The Traditional Food For Xmas And New Year Celebration? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Is Rice And Stew The Traditional Food For Xmas And New Year Celebration? (812 Views)

Ofada Rice And Stew(ayamase)a Good Meal To Cook This Xmas Period / Is Rice, The Real African Culture? Africans Seems To Love Rice / Why Is Rice A Must-eat On Sundays? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Rice And Stew The Traditional Food For Xmas And New Year Celebration? by ambrosini593(m): 10:01am On Dec 21, 2013
Go the markets, shopping malls, super markets you will see people buying bags of rice , tomatoes , chicken etc just for the celebration
I could remember last year when my neighbour cooked pepper soup for christmas, his kids were crying simply because they wanted rice.
If you don't cook rice that day then you are not celebrating. How come rice and stew are the traditional for the celebration?
Re: Why Is Rice And Stew The Traditional Food For Xmas And New Year Celebration? by ObiOkpor(m): 10:07am On Dec 21, 2013
they do it for the kids,if u dnt please ur kids wt what they think its their right,then u better pack out of the house.Its not a traidition but the love for kids.
Re: Why Is Rice And Stew The Traditional Food For Xmas And New Year Celebration? by Saraben(f): 2:31pm On Dec 21, 2013
I think is a tradition
Re: Why Is Rice And Stew The Traditional Food For Xmas And New Year Celebration? by tpia5: 3:33pm On Dec 21, 2013
Is something wrong with people choosing what they want?

Why don't you ask non-nigerians why they do whatever they do in their own culture?
Re: Why Is Rice And Stew The Traditional Food For Xmas And New Year Celebration? by CriminalIbos: 2:25pm On Dec 22, 2013
...me i prefer apku n smelly soup..! tongue

(1) (Reply)

3 Food Every Student Must Make Friends With / Are You A Very Good Cook? Interested In Working In A Restaurant And Bar? / Enjoy This Delicacies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.