Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,692 members, 7,837,557 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

APC Is Not A Progressive Party: Femi Falana, Aturu. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Is Not A Progressive Party: Femi Falana, Aturu. (2306 Views)

Yoruba Group Accuses Buhari Of Pretending To Be A Progressive / Bamidele Aturu Is Dead, Prominent Lagos Lawyer / Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Is Not A Progressive Party: Femi Falana, Aturu. by isi4(m): 3:45pm On Dec 21, 2013
Pro-democracy activist and Senior Advocate of Nigeria, SAN, Femi Falana, said that the APC leaders were recruiting the former leaders who have been excluded from what he termed the “come and chop” policy of the PDP.

“In bourgeois politics, the ongoing development is called ‘realignment forces.’ In the process, those who have been excluded from the ‘come and chop’ policy of the PDP are now being asked to choose their place at the table in case the APC takes over power in 2015,” Mr. Falana said.
Lamenting that the APC leaders did not have any plan to woo the youth who constitute more than 60 per cent of the country’s voting population, Mr. Falana said the mobilisation of the past leaders and other PDP chieftains had basically shown that the opposition leaders were only interested in power.

He said, “The APC has no plan to woo the youth who constitute more than 60% of the voting population. It is the belief of the leaders of both APC and PDP that the 2015 general election is going to be fixed by the traditional manipulators of elections. This is the basis of the ongoing mobilisation of the PDP chieftains including those who cannot win elections in their own wards.

“By wooing discredited military and civilian despots who have  destroyed the country since 1966, the APC has shown that it is only interested in power for the sake of power.

“I understand that one of the retired generals is going to become the chair of the Board of Trustees of the APC! This is a case of alienation from the people. How can APC leaders believe that Nigerians want Generals Obasanjo and Babangida to be rehabilitated after destroying the country?

“The duo ruled for 20 years and ruined the country in the process. General Obasanjo has just confessed that he has been installing incompetent leadership since 1979. And he is not ashamed to make that provocative disclosure. Has he offered public apology for his maxima culpa before wooing him?

“The situation is not different in a number of states and local council areas where the new PDP is busy taking over all the structures of the APC. Since the APC is positioning itself to retain the status quo it cannot become a truly progressive party.”

Mr. Falana said the PDP had started fighting back ferociously and violently because the stakes were high, adding that huge funds and weapons of mass destruction were already being assembled for the general elections while money, religion, ethnicity and other primordial sentiments were being deployed to confuse the electorate.

Another lawyer and activist, Bamidele Aturu said he was not surprised by the visit of the APC leaders to some of these prominent Nigerians, adding that he had always known that there was no difference between the PDP leaders and their APC counterpart.

“APC is not different from the people they are visiting,” Mr Aturu said. “They belong to the same ideological camp. They (APC) are not progressives as they claimed. You are not a progressive because you gave yourself that label.”

“They are going round to woo these people because of the succession crisis in the PDP. What then is the difference in ideology and vision?  PDP believes in selling everything. They sold PHCN. I won’t be surprised if some of them (APC) leaders bought it.”

Mr. Aturu challenged the APC leaders to tell Nigerians how that they are different from the PDP members they are wooing.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/151839-pro-democracy-activists-divided-apcs-invitation-babangida-obasanjo-atiku-others.html

4 Likes

Re: APC Is Not A Progressive Party: Femi Falana, Aturu. by omiobo: 3:55pm On Dec 21, 2013
I'm losing faith in APC. I have interest in APC just because of Fashola but now I can see the party has no good intention for this nation.

2 Likes

Re: APC Is Not A Progressive Party: Femi Falana, Aturu. by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 4:16pm On Dec 21, 2013
I hate PDP and I hate APC as well. But the hate that's threatening to burst my veins are the one I have for their minions and spin doctors on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: APC Is Not A Progressive Party: Femi Falana, Aturu. by ckkris: 4:19pm On Dec 21, 2013
With Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu, plus the Boko Haram governors.

2 Likes

Re: APC Is Not A Progressive Party: Femi Falana, Aturu. by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 21, 2013
OK then

2 Likes

Re: APC Is Not A Progressive Party: Femi Falana, Aturu. by Earthwide: 4:48pm On Dec 21, 2013
Front page abeg
Re: APC Is Not A Progressive Party: Femi Falana, Aturu. by Goddex: 4:56pm On Dec 21, 2013
ckkris: With Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu, plus the Boko Haram governors.

You took the words out of my mouth
Re: APC Is Not A Progressive Party: Femi Falana, Aturu. by touch4mony: 4:57pm On Dec 21, 2013
all APC e-rats will avoid this thread because they hate to hear the truth,the main issue here is that most off the oil well will have to fight to retain their ownership and GEJ has told them it will not and nvr b biz as usual.

3 Likes

Re: APC Is Not A Progressive Party: Femi Falana, Aturu. by Femolacaster(m): 5:00pm On Dec 21, 2013
Falana and Aturu have both spoken the absolute truth.
The option left is to choose the better one between the two devils. For me, i will prefer Apc canditate to Gej (Pdp) anyday!

1 Like

Re: APC Is Not A Progressive Party: Femi Falana, Aturu. by emmabowin(m): 5:03pm On Dec 21, 2013
Many a times,you just can't help but agree with this man,femi falana.
The APC isn't an alternative,its just a rearrangement of the same folks whose main goal is to wrestle power from the ruling party for their own personal interest.
It beats my imagination to think that the same set of persons who the APC has labeled as corrupt are the ones they are begging to join them. This,of course,is the definition of hypocrisy.

1 Like

Re: APC Is Not A Progressive Party: Femi Falana, Aturu. by taharqa: 5:09pm On Dec 21, 2013
I just dey laugh....
Re: APC Is Not A Progressive Party: Femi Falana, Aturu. by IbokUtoroh(m): 5:25pm On Dec 21, 2013
in the words of okon lagos 'iyammi'
Re: APC Is Not A Progressive Party: Femi Falana, Aturu. by Agwoden(m): 5:32pm On Dec 21, 2013
Dis are d real yoruba i know with brain, not E-sla¥es we have been seeing in dis forum
Re: APC Is Not A Progressive Party: Femi Falana, Aturu. by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 21, 2013
I will rather go for FRESH wine like GEJ and his team (Okonjo Iweala, Stella Oduah, Prof Nebo, Akinwumi Adeshina, Aganga,et al) than STALE wine consisting of Tinubu (governor Lagos State 1999-2007), Buhari (military head of state 1983-1984), IBB (military president 1985-1993), OBJ (military head of state 1976-1979 and civillian president 1999-2007) et al.

3 Likes

Re: APC Is Not A Progressive Party: Femi Falana, Aturu. by omiobo: 5:38pm On Dec 21, 2013
If only Jonathan can summon up courage by jailing all these rogues,I will support him for the second term but it is a pity he puts his fate in their dirty hands.

1 Like

Re: APC Is Not A Progressive Party: Femi Falana, Aturu. by Maxymilliano(m): 5:42pm On Dec 21, 2013
What APC is after is just to ensure that the Acronym PDP does not produce the next president come 2015. They are ready to absolve all PDP members if they are willing to defect. Don't be surprise if tomorrow they begin to discuss a merger with PDP.

That explains why they are searching for TOKUNBO PDP politicians desperately ...

1 Like

Re: APC Is Not A Progressive Party: Femi Falana, Aturu. by jamace(m): 6:04pm On Dec 21, 2013
APC is just an assemblage of professional looters. They have nothing to offer Nigerians. I wish every Nigerian will see them as such.

In order words:

APC = Angry Peoples Congress formed by All Past Criminals sad sad cry cry

3 Likes

Re: APC Is Not A Progressive Party: Femi Falana, Aturu. by Psychedelia(m): 6:11pm On Dec 21, 2013
Hon. SuQ Ma'DIQ:
I hate PDP and I hate APC as well. But the hate that's threatening to burst my veins are the one I have for their minions and spin doctors on Nairaland.

Tell me about it.
Re: APC Is Not A Progressive Party: Femi Falana, Aturu. by KingsJohnson(m): 6:37pm On Dec 21, 2013
APC aka Mumu Peoples Party. Fresh Air all the way till Nigeria cease to exist.
Re: APC Is Not A Progressive Party: Femi Falana, Aturu. by agabaI23(m): 6:42pm On Dec 21, 2013
taharqa: I just dey laugh....
Meee tooo grin grin grin grin
Re: APC Is Not A Progressive Party: Femi Falana, Aturu. by agabaI23(m): 6:45pm On Dec 21, 2013
Aggrieved people's congress
Re: APC Is Not A Progressive Party: Femi Falana, Aturu. by JohnFrankling(m): 6:48pm On Dec 21, 2013
We know they are not progressive but just progrethieves they are just desperate to steal our common wealth, bunch of desperadoes

1 Like

Re: APC Is Not A Progressive Party: Femi Falana, Aturu. by Nobody: 7:10pm On Dec 21, 2013
taharqa: I just dey laugh....
I JOIN YOU DEY LAUGH O
Re: APC Is Not A Progressive Party: Femi Falana, Aturu. by Nobody: 7:13pm On Dec 21, 2013
The way am seeing this wooing,defectioning,carpetcrossing,dumping and jumping,jumping and dumping of these crop of politicians leave much to be desired.
Its like dirty Old PDP is becoming cleaner while the new APC is becoming dirtier because the same stains in fomer cloth has left it for a new one.

It all boil down to power acquisation and not for the people's welfare

1 Like

Re: APC Is Not A Progressive Party: Femi Falana, Aturu. by alaoeri: 7:19pm On Dec 21, 2013
Progressive or not, what matters most is GEJ will be booted out of power come 2015.

1 Like

Re: APC Is Not A Progressive Party: Femi Falana, Aturu. by Andyforte: 8:22pm On Dec 21, 2013
I hate PDP. But my deep seated hatred for APC makes me fall in love with PDP.

APC reeks of corruption, diabolism, vision lessens, wickedness n death. Nigerians, Be smart. U have suffered enough.

1 Like

Re: APC Is Not A Progressive Party: Femi Falana, Aturu. by daryoor(m): 8:37pm On Dec 21, 2013
jonathan might be weak, confused, slow.... he is way better than this apc peeps,

obj + buhari+ ibb = zero

1 Like

Re: APC Is Not A Progressive Party: Femi Falana, Aturu. by omenka(m): 8:43pm On Dec 21, 2013
touch4mony: all APC e-rats will avoid this thread because they hate to hear the truth.

And all PDP e-vultures would descend on the thread like vultures on a corpse. The same troglodytes that said Falana is a confused, insignificant, medlesome charge and bail lawyer. Same way they regarded Bakare!! Now, he's their hero for he has "spoken the truth", and it has to be "front paged" otherwise, "Seun has been bribed" by "Tinubu".

Every time I try to grasp how these deadbeats reason, a brickwall is what I run into.
Re: APC Is Not A Progressive Party: Femi Falana, Aturu. by musiwa112: 8:45pm On Dec 21, 2013
abi
Re: APC Is Not A Progressive Party: Femi Falana, Aturu. by aventura: 9:10pm On Dec 21, 2013
The thing with threads like this is that those e-apc members will avoid it like leprosy. Is falana not a Yoruba man? Abi is he clueless and un progressive.

like I've always said Pdp is not good but apc is not better anyway

thank you Falana for towing the path of of wisdom and integrity like your former mentor in the Lord; Great Gani. Posterity will remember you for not being a hypocrite like some folks here..
Re: APC Is Not A Progressive Party: Femi Falana, Aturu. by aventura: 9:14pm On Dec 21, 2013
omenka:

And all PDP e-vultures would descend on the thread like vultures on a corpse. The same troglodytes that said Falana is a confused, insignificant, medlesome charge and bail lawyer. Same way they regarded Bakare!! Now, he's their hero for he has "spoken the truth", and it has to be "front paged" otherwise, "Seun has been bribed" by "Tinubu".

Every time I try to grasp how these deadbeats reason, a brickwall is what I run into.

what is this one saying? The ball crossed the line, na goal or abi no be goal? grin

park well joor make we see road.

why agbero go dey concerned with overload?

1 Like

Re: APC Is Not A Progressive Party: Femi Falana, Aturu. by Ngokafor(f): 9:39pm On Dec 21, 2013
..I have always known that APC is nothing to write home about and is bad news to right-thinking Nigerians..nothing but the same corrupt,incompetent politicians full of lies and deceit,with no ideas or intentions to right whatever is wrong in this country.. angry undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Contest And Plunge Nigeria Into Violence, Anarchy - Northern Delegates / Teacher Saves Maryam Babangida College Minna From Bomb Attack / 15 Most Unique Houses In The World You Must See

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.