Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,123 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

Is Iyabo Angry OBJ Didn't Share Loot With Fam? Snippets From Her Letter... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Iyabo Angry OBJ Didn't Share Loot With Fam? Snippets From Her Letter... (788 Views)

FG's Recovered Loot with CBN — Investigation by Punch / Girl, Hauwa, Delivers Her Letter To Buhari Which She Failed To Deliver To GEJ / 9 Year Old Girl Donates Her Lunch Money, Pocket Money To APC (read Her Letter) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Iyabo Angry OBJ Didn't Share Loot With Fam? Snippets From Her Letter... by Nobody: 3:52am On Dec 22, 2013
Excerpts From The Now Infamous Letter From Daughter To Dad

''We, your family, have borne the brunt of your direct cruelty and also suffered the consequences of your stupidity but got none of the benefits of your successes. ....

....You think our existence on earth is about you. By the way, how many are we? 19, 20, 21? Do you even know? In the last five years, how many of these children have you spoken to? How many grandchildren do you have and when did you last see each of them? As President you would listen to advice of people that never finished high school who would say anything to keep having access to you so as to make money over your children who loved you and genuinely wished you well.

At your first inauguration in 1999, I and my brothers and sisters told you we were coming from the US. As is usual with you, you made no arrangements for our trip, instead our mom organized to meet each of us and provided accommodation. At the actual swearing-in at Eagle Square, the others decided to watch it on TV. Instead I went to the square and I was pushed and tossed by the crowd.........

Some of the details of our life are public but the people choose to ignore it and pretended we enjoyed some largesse when you were President.
This punishing the innocent is part of Nigeria’s continuing sins against God. While you were military head of state and lived in Dodan Barracks, we stayed either with our mum in the two-bedroom apartment provided for her by General Murtala Mohammed or with your relatives, Bose, Yemisi and your sisters’ kids in the Boys Quarters of Dodan Barracks. At Queens College, I remember being too ashamed to tell my wealthy classmates from Queen’s College, Lagos we lived in the two room Boys Quarters or in the two room flat on Lawrence Street.

No, we did not have privileged upbringing....

You are one of those petty people who think the progress and success of another takes from you. You try to overshadow everyone around you, before you and after you.

....When I left Nigeria in 1989 for graduate studies in America, you promised to pay my school fees [but] no living expenses. This you did and I am grateful for because, working in the kitchen and then the library at University of California, Davis and later, working on the IT desk and later as a Teaching Assistant at Cornell gave me valuable work ethics for life. I wouldn’t have it any other way. As a black woman in the early 21st century, I have achieved much and done more than most. My wish is that black girls all over the world will have the capacity to create their lives, make mistakes, learn from it and move ahead. (wink wink)

''Anyone that knows me knows I am done with anything political or otherwise in Nigeria. I have so much to do and think to make this world a better place than to waste it on fighting with idiots over a political post that does no good to society.... The only thing I was using that was yours was the house in Abuja where I left my things when I left the country. I eventually rented it out so that the place would not fall apart but as usual you want to take that as well. You can’t have it without explaining to Nigerians how you came about the house?

As I said earlier, this is not about politics but my frustration with you as a father and a human being.

This is the end of my communication with you for life. I pray Nigeria survives your continual intervention in its affairs.

Sincerely,

Iyabo Obasanjo''

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/12/iyabo-obasanjo-writes-father-calls-liar-manipulator-hypocrite/

Is Iyabo really angry because OBJ failed to ENRICH her at Nigeria's expense?
Re: Is Iyabo Angry OBJ Didn't Share Loot With Fam? Snippets From Her Letter... by MagicBishop: 3:58am On Dec 22, 2013
She thought she deserved more as the president's daughter.

The part where she complained about being ashamed of staying in the 2 bedroom boys quarters for want that her friend's may find out shows how much she wanted to be treated like royalty.

She also decried her father's stance to pay only her tuition without considering her upkeep as another of Baba's evil deed to her even though she knows that almost all her fellow students at college had jobs as well but that was beneath her given that her father was a former military head of state.

She is as ungrateful as her father and suffers from same grand delusions of greatness.

2 Likes

Re: Is Iyabo Angry OBJ Didn't Share Loot With Fam? Snippets From Her Letter... by ajani1978(m): 4:04am On Dec 22, 2013
It maybe
Re: Is Iyabo Angry OBJ Didn't Share Loot With Fam? Snippets From Her Letter... by Brimmie(m): 5:56am On Dec 22, 2013
Rubbish!!

She shoulda dropped that Obasanjo attached to her name before joining politics.

Fvckin Opportuntist!
Re: Is Iyabo Angry OBJ Didn't Share Loot With Fam? Snippets From Her Letter... by Nobody: 7:19am On Dec 22, 2013
I share the same view as well. People that have worked closely with obj said he is tight fisted and prudent. I believe iyabo is just mad that her family didn't benefit much from the national cake.
Re: Is Iyabo Angry OBJ Didn't Share Loot With Fam? Snippets From Her Letter... by jamace(m): 7:22am On Dec 22, 2013
OP, you are far from the truth. As President, OBJ's SALARY alone can give the family MAXIMUM comfort. And because OBJ lack both planning and managerial acumen, his family remained underdeveloped like OBJ underdeveloped Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Is Iyabo Angry OBJ Didn't Share Loot With Fam? Snippets From Her Letter... by birdman(m): 5:14pm On Dec 22, 2013
lipsrsealed
Re: Is Iyabo Angry OBJ Didn't Share Loot With Fam? Snippets From Her Letter... by biafranqueen: 12:56am On Dec 25, 2013
Magic Bishop: She thought she deserved more as the president's daughter.

The part where she complained about being ashamed of staying in the 2 bedroom boys quarters for want that her friend's may find out shows how much she wanted to be treated like royalty.

She also decried her father's stance to pay only her tuition without considering her upkeep as another of Baba's evil deed to her even though she knows that almost all her fellow students at college had jobs as well but that was beneath her given that her father was a former military head of state.

She is as ungrateful as her father and suffers from same grand delusions of greatness.
For the first time I have to disagree with you Bishop the fathers allowances as the President and second in command during military is enough to take care of a whole village. He may have been stingy to himself but why not also be stingy to crooks like Ubah whom has an Oyibo wife and son in Studio city living like stars, not to mention his family back home. I am not saying that she should have been spoiled but to live in the boys quarters come on now the Presidents 1st wife and children living with Uncles and aunties while Baba lived in D Barracks. Come on most of class mates face they studies and did not have a job including me, because I was involved with sports. What she is talking is not royalty but just the basics. They were not invited to any events and he did not want them around he was heartless, not only to Nigerians but to his family. If he could not take care o his family how could he take care of a nation. He is a stingy, asinine excuse of a human being animal. He could not share the money for the Agriculture grant but kept it for himself and started his own chicken industry, I could continue ....

2 Likes

Re: Is Iyabo Angry OBJ Didn't Share Loot With Fam? Snippets From Her Letter... by israel007: 6:09am On Dec 25, 2013
She didn't ask to be treated as royalty, she asked to be given the basic requirements apart from here tuition.
Re: Is Iyabo Angry OBJ Didn't Share Loot With Fam? Snippets From Her Letter... by Leboska(m): 6:47am On Dec 25, 2013
I once had d privilage of discussing with a man from a rich dad who came from an abusive & neglected dad. Each time he narrates what d mother went through tears ends it all. I bet some of you condeming her have never being through it & some asking her to keep quite might be one the sychophants who refuse to tell him the truth then. But i have one prayer for you if you are not married as a lady may u experience it, if you are a man may your siblings or daughter experience it i Jesus name. Then you'll understand while some from such homes hang themselves or live with such pains years after.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

More Bombing In 2014 As Boko Haram Leader Vows To Continue Violence / President Jonathan's 11th Private Jet. / Jonathan Is Like Ojukwu, Because....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.