Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,002 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:36 PM

Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) (18080 Views)

PORT HARCOURT AIRPORT, NIGERIA IS THE WORLD'S WORST AIRPORT IN 2015 / Direction From Delta To Jigawa State / I Want to Travel to Jigawa State, Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by emiye(m): 6:48pm On Dec 22, 2013
ujoinme:

Can you point out one Airport that was built by an APC controlled state government?

http://worldstagegroup.com/index.php?active=news&newscid=11831&catid=27

https://www.nairaland.com/1506743/osun-airport-ll-longest-runway
Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by ujoinme: 7:00pm On Dec 22, 2013
emiye:

http://worldstagegroup.com/index.php?active=news&newscid=11831&catid=27

https://www.nairaland.com/1506743/osun-airport-ll-longest-runway

Like i said all APC airports are in the pipeline! all your links points to newspaper clips of MOU and contracts awards when you have something concrete with planes flying in and out you can come back and post it. All the 4 airport i mentioned are on ground not on some politician drawing board like yours.
Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by ujoinme: 7:19pm On Dec 22, 2013
Jyde81: . My question to u is this: do u think that an airport project is viable commercially in every state? My opinion is I think not.....

Yes I do, it is a necessary infrastructure for any state, provided the state government can afford to build it. Using Federal money to build it is another issue entirely.

If the state spends money to build it then it will find a way to make it profitable/ viable.

Viability of airports is for the users/owners to determine, airports are not just for passenger travels there are other major business that can grow around an airport
ie Cargo - especially perishable cargo terminal that can boost agricultural production, the reason Agric is not booming in Nigeria is lack of ready market, if we expand our market to exports,then it will boost production and this is where airports play a major role with regards to our country at the present time.

Nigeria lacks an indigenous parcel delivery service this could be an area of business growth in the country, and the major ingredient for such business will be availability of air transportation to every state of the federation.

Emergency management + health care .

Maintenance repair and overhaul of aircrafts.

security/military defence.

Boosting tourism though access to the sites via airports etc etc

Dont just measure viability based on passenger movements alone. there are other bussiness that can make an airport viable in nigeria. the fact that those markets and oppurtunities are not utilized today does not mean it will not be utilized tomorrow.

My question to you is would you prefer your governor to loot 8- 12 billion the cost of bauchi and jigawa airport respectively into his personal bank account or use it to build and airport even if you deem it unviable?

trust me these Nigerian governors are stealing that amount of money within their 4 years tenure.
Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by emiye(m): 7:55pm On Dec 22, 2013
ujoinme:

Like i said all APC airports are in the pipeline! all your links points to newspaper clips of MOU and contracts awards when you have something concrete with planes flying in and out you can come back and post it. All the 4 airport i mentioned are on ground not on some politician drawing board like yours.

When did akwa ibom commission its airport ?,the incumbent govt. will be 7 yrs old soon

in less than 6 months from now, a 3 yr old government will commission a airport in osun state with the longest runway in Nigeria.
Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by Nobody: 7:57pm On Dec 22, 2013
One can only imagine what this country will look like in 2019 at this rate of development going on all over the country. Kudos to all involved in our progress at state and federal levels.
Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by ujoinme: 8:22pm On Dec 22, 2013
emiye:

When did akwa ibom commission its airport ?,the incumbent govt. will be 7 yrs old soon

in less than 6 months from now, a 3 yr old government will commission a airport in osun state with the longest runway in Nigeria.

until then, its a plan just like the lekki airport and all the other planned airport in Nigeria
Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by emiye(m): 8:26pm On Dec 22, 2013
ujoinme:

until then, its a plan just like the lekki airport and all the other planned airport in Nigeria

same with the proposed akwa ibom airport after 7 years.
Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by gramci: 8:44pm On Dec 22, 2013
adelaja70:
You are DAFT!....

you mortgaged you soul to Tinubu for kobo kobo cry
Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by ujoinme: 9:01pm On Dec 22, 2013
emiye:

same with the proposed akwa ibom airport after 7 years.

Akwa ibom airport has been operating regular scheduled flight since 23 rd sept 2009 after its inuguration, as a matter of fact you can buy tickets and get flights to and from that airport any day you want.

can you say same for you propaganda APC Airport? BTW this thread is about Jigawa state progressively delivering dividend of democracy to it citizens not for APC propaganda.

The only development you will see in you APC state will continue to be on the pages of news papers and on the drawing board of your fraudulent APC Gov. like the one you quoted.
Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by ChiefDeKlimax: 9:32am On Dec 23, 2013
[b][/b]

WHERE IS T.A ORJI OF ABIA STATE? SHAME ON YOU. A DISGRACE TO GOVERNANCE!!!
Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by Rikidony(m): 10:30am On Dec 24, 2013
DanNafada:

What good is it sinking billions into new but sub-standard airports when air transport overall is not safe and planes keep on crashing left, right and centre? Why not make the existing infrastructure safe first and THEN invest in new ones?
And in any case, PRIORITIES, PRIORITIES, PRIORITIES:
Lousy educational system and we are building unsafe airports?!
Lousy health sector and we are building unsafe airports?!
Lousy road networks and we are building unsafe airports?!
Gross, utter unemployment and we are building unsafe airports?!

Look at the pictures again. Do you see the one with a lot of Almajiri onlookers? That gives you an idea of the fvcking problem. They all look emaciated, clueless and must be wondering "why the hell are they building such a colossal structure when most of us here do not know where our next meal is going to come from?" No fvcking wonder some of them eventually hop on the Boko Haram band wagon.

No my friend, this is NOT development. You need to be educated some more.
The frustrating, fvcking, hopeless reality is that the majority of Nigerians think like you.
mäy ü £ív€ £öñg
Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by jacobsinney(f): 8:28am On Mar 14, 2015
Please...how much does it cost to book flight in this Jigawa state airline down to the east?.....and how much is the emergency booking too? Answer needed urgently plz.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Commercial Bus Catches Fire In Berger, Lagos (Photos) / In Gombe, Van Kills 12 Children During Maulud Procession (Photos) / Video About Nigerians In India & Racism Trends Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.