Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,631 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:11 PM

Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi (53796 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi Visits Ooni Ogunwusi (Photo) / Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by jpak(m): 3:29pm On Dec 23, 2013
Daddy Kumuyi is 100% right.did Jesus commanded Christians to celebrate his birth? he only commands observation of the lords supper. so any christian practicing that as the birth of christ is only worshiping "SANTA CLAUS" and "ODIN" the god of the sun. catholics who believes this are practicing wrong doctrine. they believe this because santa claus originated from ROME.[quote author=shejane]God help us
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by Demainman1: 3:30pm On Dec 23, 2013
solomon111: when did kumuyi start living in England?
Btw,i don't think the truth of the gospel can change based on the geographical location.

Why did he remarry in LONDON after his wife died if he does not live there (or at least lived there?). Did his research not tell he about the freemansons and england?

He should go back to his cave in nigeria and wait for his God there. God wey oyibo people introduce to am.
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by Nobody: 3:31pm On Dec 23, 2013
jpak: Daddy Kumuyi is 100% right.did Jesus commanded Christians to celebrate his birth? he only commands observation of the lords supper. so any christian practicing that as the birth of christ is only worshiping "SANTA CLAUS" and "ODIN" the god of the sun. catholics who believes this are practicing wrong doctrine. they believe this because santa claus originated from ROME.

So do you go to church on sundays? Welcome to our world of idolatory.hahahahahaha
Are you on facebook? welcome on board.
You're even on nairaland< welcome faithful servant
Do you have TV, you're most welcome cos last time I checked deeper lifers were not allowed to use TV
Do you celebrate birthdays, wedding anniversary, church anniversary, We're all together.hahahahahhaha. cant help laughing

5 Likes

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by gconnect(m): 3:31pm On Dec 23, 2013
glimpse:

Even thursday means THORsday

what about monday - MOONday
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by Nobody: 3:31pm On Dec 23, 2013
How can a symbolic celebration of Christ, the one who gave his life to pay for my sins be termed idolatry? Thank God he has given me the brain and the mind to read the bible and understand it with my own brain....

4 Likes

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by Lilimax(f): 3:36pm On Dec 23, 2013
paparazzi1987:
We should also give thanks to Judas for betraying Christ, cos if judas did not betray Christ cruxification will not take place
Everything was in the plan of God.

The Bible said that Jesus will be betrayed but woe to that man
through which it will happen... undecided
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by Nobody: 3:37pm On Dec 23, 2013
jpak: Daddy Kumuyi is 100% right.did Jesus commanded Christians to celebrate his birth? he only commands observation of the lords supper. so any christian practicing that as the birth of christ is only worshiping "SANTA CLAUS" and "ODIN" the god of the sun. catholics who believes this are practicing wrong doctrine. they believe this because santa claus originated from ROME.

I FEEL SO BAD THAT I REPLIED YOU EARLIER.
I JUST CHECKED YOUR PROFILE AND FOUND OUT YOU CREATED THIS MONIKER FEW MINUTES AGO JUST TO POST THIS.
I'M SURE YOU'RE ONE OF THOSE THAT TAKE PLEASURE IN BASHING THE CATHOLIC CHURCH,SO WHY ARE YOU HIDING UNDER DIFFERENT MONIKERS TO POST ALL KINDS OF STUFF. WHY THE DIDFFERENT FRAUDULENT IDS ON NL?

WHY SO MUCH PRETENCE? OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU REALLY NEED JESUS ASAP

1 Like

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by Oluwalana64(m): 3:38pm On Dec 23, 2013
BIBLICAL PROOF AGAINST CELEBRATING DAY'S.
GAL 4 VS 10-11; Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years. I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain. Is dis nt clear enough 4 we CHRISTIANS. Y cnt we read our Bible 4 once. Apart 4 its idolatrous origin-wich is enof 2 disbunkd it,what else do we nid? God is purgin its church 4rm paganism brot in by d Catholics. Its time we obey d Bible line upon line,precept upon precept. We ae nt to mix paganism wit Christainity. Even in Isreal-d Home of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ,Christmas is not Celebrated! Once again, I state it openly nd without no equivocation,CELEBRATING CHRISTMAS IS PRACTISING IDOLATORY! Little children,keep thyself 4rm idols. Amen (1 John 5 vs 21)

1 Like

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by Lilimax(f): 3:38pm On Dec 23, 2013
DE_GONGS:
How will you be able to rationally indulge in this idolaterous celeberation if you did not first give yourself a reason to do so like you've just done. Now you are free to go ahead in deceiving yourself ma!

I shudder at what people calls logic most times!

Once again, the date of birth of Jesus Christ is not important to me.

I am celebrating because a Saviour was born for mankind some centuries
ago smiley

Can't you understand

2 Likes

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by dabossman(m): 3:42pm On Dec 23, 2013
I can tell you categorically that in some ways even Deeper Life Church has done what the Roman Catholic church through Constantin did many many years ago. In the early days of Deeper Life even up to the late 90's, owning and watching TV was considered a sin. The television was labelled the devil's tool and it dare not be found in your home as a true Deeper Lifer. Some who had one hid it in the secrecy of their bedrooms. Even the internet was not spared when it made it's advent into Nigeria.

Today, in Deeper Life the same TV and Internet are being used to propagate the Gospel. They have found a way to turn what was considered evil or pagan to a positive use for Christ. The same way the early church converted a pagan celebration to one that would focus solely on Christ, his prophetic and immaculate birth and the reason why. He came to earth.

If not for Christmas some people, especially children, around the world would never hear the story of Jesus virgin birth in a lowly manger. They would never hear of the wisemen men who brought symbolic gifts or of the attempt on his life by Herod. Or pray tell, how many of you evangelise to the world using the story of Christ's birth as much as Christmas does?

4 Likes

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by solomon111(m): 3:52pm On Dec 23, 2013
Demain_man:

Why did he remarry in LONDON after his wife died if he does not live there (or at least lived there?). Did his research not tell he about the freemansons and england?

He should go back to his cave in nigeria and wait for his God there. God wey oyibo people introduce to am.
kumuyi does not live in london.
The sister he married is based in a deeperlife branch in london which is probably why he married there.
Kumuyi presently resides in Nigeria.
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by olayiwola9(m): 3:54pm On Dec 23, 2013
djeezy: They are indirectly celebrating christmas hiding under the guise that its public holiday, hence converge coz they love the Lord more. If it's not scriptural, atleast he should show us the courtesy of telling us the bible verse that says its idolatrous.
don't ask him for these, he'll give u enough.
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by Nobody: 3:55pm On Dec 23, 2013
«—M®×L¹MPºPº ™:
wats wrong wit the present crop of nigerian ministers sef. everyone wna sound controversial. First was Okotie's lewd opprobrium on catholis,now it's kumuyi again. I'm totally dismayed to ce kumuyi i hold in high esteem condescend to reason lik a cretinous brain-dead drake. Damn angry

I even thought he meant it when he said he would resign after he was caught on camera smiling in his son's wedding made in hell fire.

He even travels by flight while Jesus travelled with donkey.smh
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by david290(m): 3:56pm On Dec 23, 2013
Why cant this pastors keep quiet if they have nothing new to tell the world? Now other religions will be mocking us that we practice a confused religion.give your sermon and stop condemning a pratice or some group of people.xmas is a time to celebrate the birth of Jesus and if you're not willing to celebrate then leave others who knows the importance of the birth to do so without discouraging them by saying they worship idols since everybody cannot pratice your doctrines and remember that abstaining yourself from the celebration,and abiding by strict doctrines doesn't guaranty a ticket to heaven.
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by SirCee: 3:57pm On Dec 23, 2013
I dont really know why people are talking about something that is obvious.
The question is 'was Christ born in a day?. If the answer is yes and we humans are celebrating our children, family, friends, politicians and well wishers birthday. Then why can't we celebrate the birth of a Messiah on a day agreed by everybody. The date as being contested is irrelevant and what matters is that a day - 25th Dec is marked as the day the whole is celebrating the birth of our saviour- Jesus Christ. What Pastor Kumuyi and others should be preaching is to use this period to reflect on our sins and be like CHRIST that is being remembered. the truth is that the world is using Xmas to perpetuate many atrocities, which ought not to be and the churches including Deeper life church should preach against.

3 Likes

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by Akpan10(m): 3:58pm On Dec 23, 2013
CHRISTMAS IS AN IDOLATROUS CELEBRATION
The christain faith would continue to be at war unless we come back to 'what the bible says'.apostle paul says in the book of col 3:17,that what so ever we do, IN WORDS OR DEEDS WE should do it in the NAME OF JESUS.
Now what does it mean to do something in the name of our lord jesus christ?
TO do something in the name of jesus simply means in the authority of jesus.
As christain, we should avoid doing something in our own authority,because the bible has reviewed it that,its only jesus christ authority we should follow.
Now the following reasons is why the celebration of XMAS is idolatrous,satanic, devilish, immoral and Contratry to the will of God.
1.The word 'CHRISTMAS' can NOT be found in any portion of the Bible.
2. It was initially a feast set up by idoltrous people in rome to worship the godess of the sun.The word 'MAS' STAND FOR SUN..And it was brought into xtianity by the roman catholoic.
3. JESUS,when he was on earth and aftert his departure, no account was ever mentioned in the bible about the celebration of is birth, rather the only feast he asked us to celebrate was is death(matt 26:1ff,1cor 11-23-29,act 20-7)
3.Jesus said we should not add or subtract from is word in revelation.so people adding xmas to thinking to honour God have done the greatest mistake, by blasphemy the word of God (THE UNFORGIVABLE SIN, according to the Bible)
4.If at all it was to be a christain celebration,should it have been celebrated as such?on the 25th of this month would record the most immoral day of the year.that day is when people would fornicate, die, steal to buy something for person.if i should ask? Who are they doing all of this for?GOD or DEVIL? Of cause it Can NOT be for God!
5. NO date was recorded at the time of Jesus birth in the bible.so you see that the date was fixed by men. Search from page to page of the bible you would never see it
6.it does NOT have a particular day of celebration.
In some part of the word they celebrate it jan 6, april, 16 October and the rest of that.if i should ask.IS OUR God a God of confusion?certainly not but it individual that misinterpret the scripture for their selfish desire
WHAT PEOPLE NORMALLY ARGUE ABOUT
1.You do celebrate your birthday,right?So why don't you celebrate the birthday of Christ?
ANSWER
JESUS CHRIST SAID WE SHOULD DO ALL THING IN HIS AUTHORITY.SO WE DECIDING ON OUR OWN TO CELEBRATE HIM IS A SIN.BECAUSE YOU WOULD NEVER SEE A PORTION IN THE BIBLE THAT SAYS WE SHOULD CELEBRATE HIS BIRTH.
Have you not read the book of LUKE, that says,on this day was born the savior of the word?
Answer
before i answer that question i would like to ask you a question.
If your parent wrote on your birth certificate that 'ON THIS DAY YOU WERE BORN' And no day,month and year was fixed.to be sincere friend, do you know your date of birth?NO
Now let me answer that question.that portion of the bible is only read by pastor only on the 25th of December.and when its read they would say it was that day.what happens when it read on 15 april or other days.
CONCLUSION,
I would advice that everY individual should come back to what the bible says.
NOTE:AM NOT a member of deeper life,BUT AM A MEMBER OF THE CHURCH OF CHRIST.
Do tune in to Mitv to listen to a sound gosphel every sun 7-7:30 am.

3 Likes

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by dabossman(m): 3:59pm On Dec 23, 2013
Oluwalana64: BIBLICAL PROOF AGAINST CELEBRATING DAY'S.
GAL 4 VS 10-11; Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years. I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain. Is dis nt clear enough 4 we CHRISTIANS. Y cnt we read our Bible 4 once. Apart 4 its idolatrous origin-wich is enof 2 disbunkd it,what else do we nid? God is purgin its church 4rm paganism brot in by d Catholics. Its time we obey d Bible line upon line,precept upon precept. We ae nt to mix paganism wit Christainity. Even in Isreal-d Home of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ,Christmas is not Celebrated! Once again, I state it openly nd without no equivocation,CELEBRATING CHRISTMAS IS PRACTISING IDOLATORY! Little children,keep thyself 4rm idols. Amen (1 John 5 vs 21)

And I'm guessing when you have to fill forms that ask for your date of birth you write "not applicable". I also trust that you don't have a calendar and never use one, otherwise you might also be guilty of observing days, times and years.

1 Like

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by Akpan10(m): 4:00pm On Dec 23, 2013
CHRISTMAS IS AN IDOLATROUS CELEBRATION
The christain faith would continue to be at war unless we come back to 'what the bible says'.apostle paul says in the book of col 3:17,that what so ever we do, IN WORDS OR DEEDS WE should do it in the NAME OF JESUS.
Now what does it mean to do something in the name of our lord jesus christ?
TO do something in the name of jesus simply means in the authority of jesus.
As christain, we should avoid doing something in our own authority,because the bible has reviewed it that,its only jesus christ authority we should follow.
Now the following reasons is why the celebration of XMAS is idolatrous,satanic, devilish, immoral and Contratry to the will of God.
1.The word 'CHRISTMAS' can NOT be found in any portion of the Bible.
2. It was initially a feast set up by idoltrous people in rome to worship the godess of the sun.The word 'MAS' STAND FOR SUN..And it was brought into xtianity by the roman catholoic.
3. JESUS,when he was on earth and aftert his departure, no account was ever mentioned in the bible about the celebration of is birth, rather the only feast he asked us to celebrate was is death(matt 26:1ff,1cor 11-23-29,act 20-7)
3.Jesus said we should not add or subtract from is word in revelation.so people adding xmas to thinking to honour God have done the greatest mistake, by blasphemy the word of God (THE UNFORGIVABLE SIN, according to the Bible)
4.If at all it was to be a christain celebration,should it have been celebrated as such?on the 25th of this month would record the most immoral day of the year.that day is when people would fornicate, die, steal to buy something for person.if i should ask? Who are they doing all of this for?GOD or DEVIL? Of cause it Can NOT be for God!
5. NO date was recorded at the time of Jesus birth in the bible.so you see that the date was fixed by men. Search from page to page of the bible you would never see it
6.it does NOT have a particular day of celebration.
In some part of the word they celebrate it jan 6, april, 16 October and the rest of that.if i should ask.IS OUR God a God of confusion?certainly not but it individual that misinterpret the scripture for their selfish desire
WHAT PEOPLE NORMALLY ARGUE ABOUT
1.You do celebrate your birthday,right?So why don't you celebrate the birthday of Christ?
ANSWER
JESUS CHRIST SAID WE SHOULD DO ALL THING IN HIS AUTHORITY.SO WE DECIDING ON OUR OWN TO CELEBRATE HIM IS A SIN.BECAUSE YOU WOULD NEVER SEE A PORTION IN THE BIBLE THAT SAYS WE SHOULD CELEBRATE HIS BIRTH.
Have you not read the book of LUKE, that says,on this day was born the savior of the word?
Answer
before i answer that question i would like to ask you a question.
If your parent wrote on your birth certificate that 'ON THIS DAY YOU WERE BORN' And no day,month and year was fixed.to be sincere friend, do you know your date of birth?NO
Now let me answer that question.that portion of the bible is only read by pastor only on the 25th of December.and when its read they would say it was that day.what happens when it read on 15 april or other days.
CONCLUSION,
I would advice that everY individual should come back to what the bible says.
NOTE:AM NOT a member of deeper life,BUT AM A MEMBER OF THE CHURCH OF CHRIST.
Do tune in to Mitv to listen to a sound gosphel every sun 7-7:30 am.

2 Likes

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by Nobody: 4:05pm On Dec 23, 2013
SO by extension celebrating EASTER is Idolatrous? You might give scriptural references to back EASTER, BUT it seems SADISTIC to only celebrate the death and not life of one of the DIVINITIES of GOD.
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by Bruno3000(m): 4:07pm On Dec 23, 2013
Paganism in modern Christianity is what will cause many people heaven... Wat d hell is christmas?
Kumuyi or no kumuyi d idea of Christmas has unmistakable pagan origin.

2 Likes

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by Synthase(m): 4:07pm On Dec 23, 2013
Yes I guess the repackaged december and easter retreats are not idolatory...
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by Nobody: 4:07pm On Dec 23, 2013
engineerd: SO by extension celebrating EASTER is Idolatrous? You might give scriptural references to back EASTER, BUT it seems SADISTIC to only celebrate the death and not life of one of the DIVINITIES of GOD.

Which would you rather celebrate
1: Birth of Christ
2: Death of Christ
3: Resurrection of Christ
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by Demainman1: 4:09pm On Dec 23, 2013
voltron:

Which would you rather celebrate
1: Birth of Christ - The three wise men celebrated his birth why should I?
2: Death of Christ
3: Resurrection of Christ
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by olayiwola9(m): 4:20pm On Dec 23, 2013
is the topic above the only thing discussed in d over 1hr sermon? The punch has just misinformed all of u and removed the essence of d statement from its write up, need i say more CHRISTMAS IS IDOLATRY, the old testament prophesies noted d importance of christ mission on earth which is his death and salvation from sin, don't let some romans impose their traditions on u in d name of religion.And for those of u who don't know d deeper life church doesn't celebrate easter too.

1 Like

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by lastmessenger: 4:25pm On Dec 23, 2013
This is nothing but the sign of the end time.let me go and do confession.somebody should please direct me to the father's house b4 it is too late
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by dabossman(m): 4:25pm On Dec 23, 2013
engineerd: SO by extension celebrating EASTER is Idolatrous? You might give scriptural references to back EASTER, BUT it seems SADISTIC to only celebrate the death and not life of one of the DIVINITIES of GOD.

I put it to Akpan10 and co. that Jesus never asked us to celebrate, mark or commemorate Easter too. Nowhere in the Bible was Easter mentioned. What Jesus asked us to do was observe communion in memory of His death. And he didn't say it was a particular period. He said "whenever you break bread and drink this wine". Paul even said "as often as you do this" which could be everyday if you so choose.

The same Roman church that instituted Christmas also instituted Easter. So why the double stands? Or can anyone point out the word Easter in the Bible?

Also note that Easter is also very commercialised now. Just google Easter images and you will find more images of the Easter bunny and the Easter egg than you will find of the wooden cross. Should we also scrap Easter for this reason?

2 Likes

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by Teeklef(m): 4:28pm On Dec 23, 2013
Ddy:

Who is God u celebrate? Check d meaning of God in dictioary. If u ar a christian that means u worship the God of isreal. Who is this God of Isreal,his name is YAWEH. We have many gods around. Call him by his name nt God. For me i worship YAWEH,JEHOVAH.I AM THAT I AM. Thats his name not God. Ask any isrealite the name of thier God he will tell u. i hope u have a god in ur place & pple worship it. So my dear dnt worship God bt worship YAWEH. tnx
mr ITK,dia is diff btw God and god....#shalom
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by cyril10(m): 4:33pm On Dec 23, 2013
Only the genuinely saved people of God by the Spirit of God will understand the message of Pastor W.F Kumuyi, he spoke the truth. The bible says that many are called but few are chosen, why? because people instead of praying to God to show them the way, will rather debate the word of God based on their carnal reasoning which the devil is really happy about.

1 Like

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by pesty100(m): 4:39pm On Dec 23, 2013
wow save data on your andriod phone by identifying the culprit https://www.nairaland.com/1562992/how-stop-andriod-hugging-data

1 Like

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by Jensenelizz(m): 4:39pm On Dec 23, 2013
Nigga go sit down
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 23, 2013
Coldfeet: Here we go again! Your son did wedding! Went for honeymoon! That's not celebration? Once upon a time deeper lifers aint allowed to have tv or radio in their houses why? Because its worldly! But what do we have today? Pastor Kumiyi does live tv and radio broadcasting!. Deeper lifers aint allowed to braid their hair or wear weavon why? Because its from the marine world! Today their women use wool and shoe maker thread as hair extensions!! Marine world no sabi produce that one? Smh! I respect this Pastor a lot o! But recent events is giving me reasons to categories him among the likes of Okotie. God is watching all of us.
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by Nobody: 4:43pm On Dec 23, 2013
Oluwalana64: BIBLICAL PROOF AGAINST CELEBRATING DAY'S.

May God Forgive you! Please address the CRUX of the matter, How is celebrating the BIRTH of ONE OF THE DIVINITIES OF GOD an IDOLATROUS act? Do you know the meaning of IDOLATRY? The truth is usually SIMPLE....falsehoods become quite complicated because it is simply what it is...false!....you see people using words like PAGAN acts, BABYLONIAN roots and all kinds of JARGON.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Oyedepo Turns Woman With Small Breasts To Big Breasts Instantly Via Prayer / "Buhari Will Bring Doom To Nigeria": Father Obimma, What Holy Spirit Told Me / Archaeologists Find Gates Of Hell In Saudi Arabia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.