Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:52 AM

Breastfeeding Babies In A Public Cab Normal? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Breastfeeding Babies In A Public Cab Normal? (1723 Views)

Meet Woman Who Had 7 Babies In 5 Years / Pregnant Woman Delivers 11 Babies In One Night / Barren Woman Gives Birth To 17 Babies In 29 Hours(photos).. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breastfeeding Babies In A Public Cab Normal? by dmahn(m): 3:35pm On Dec 22, 2013
I was so disturbed by the woman dat sat next to me on my way home yesterday when she started breastfeeding her baby in side d cab,Almost half of her body is shown just becos she wanted to breast feed her babe..Is it a sin to let the baby cry till there ll be space for breastfeeding or Breastfeeding our babies In a public cab Normal?
Re: Breastfeeding Babies In A Public Cab Normal? by Seun(m): 3:38pm On Dec 22, 2013
Babies should be fed when they're hungry so they do not grow up to become cranky men who're offended by the same breasts they used to suck!

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breastfeeding Babies In A Public Cab Normal? by doublew(m): 3:39pm On Dec 22, 2013
I don't thik their is something wrong wid it but she has to do it in a normal way
Re: Breastfeeding Babies In A Public Cab Normal? by oyinbogirl(f): 3:47pm On Dec 22, 2013
i wonder...if d lady had no baby and put her breasts out, you would enjoy looking, wouldnt you? Most guys are hungry to be always seeing. So why and how can you ever be offended by a hungry baby being fed? As a mum shes doing what she has to, taking care of her child. Some ladies wear tops that show more than they hide anyway. SO be clear, do breasts on show offend you or breastfeeding? In answer to the qs YES is a normal thing to feed babies even in public. If you are offended remember you are not under compulsion to look

1 Like

Re: Breastfeeding Babies In A Public Cab Normal? by slap1(m): 3:47pm On Dec 22, 2013
But as big as you are, you can eat gala and La Casera in a bus, and you want a little baby to cry until there is breastfeeding space? Ok o.

7 Likes

Re: Breastfeeding Babies In A Public Cab Normal? by Adamskuty(m): 3:52pm On Dec 22, 2013
Oh,really? grin
Re: Breastfeeding Babies In A Public Cab Normal? by Project400: 3:52pm On Dec 22, 2013
Seun: Babies should be fed when they are hungry so they do not grow up to become cranky men who are offended by the same breast they used to suck.

Yes, Babies should be fed whenever they are hungry, but there is something they call feeding bottle

Women should know when/where to feed their babies with breast milk & the supplementary.
Its not about crankiness, but modesty.

1 Like

Re: Breastfeeding Babies In A Public Cab Normal? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Dec 22, 2013
I don't subscribe to careless bosom feeding at all,the sight is usually annoying.if you must breast feed an infant,do it discreetly.

1 Like

Re: Breastfeeding Babies In A Public Cab Normal? by crackhaus: 4:11pm On Dec 22, 2013
Seun: Babies should be fed when they are hungry so they do not grow up to become cranky men who are offended by the same breast they used to suck.
This our oga at the top got an interesting sense of humour oo..

@OP, look away next time and you should not be offended...a baby has to eat!
Re: Breastfeeding Babies In A Public Cab Normal? by Winneygirl(f): 4:23pm On Dec 22, 2013
A little modesty pls...and no one will feel offended.
I bet the breast was in full view of the whole country.
Re: Breastfeeding Babies In A Public Cab Normal? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Dec 22, 2013
Sure! Derz nofin wrong, she was inside a car and wasn't standing by the road side!
Re: Breastfeeding Babies In A Public Cab Normal? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Dec 22, 2013
@ op say the truth and let the devil be ashamed,trust me i wont tell anybody,infact,bring your ear let me whisper it inside grin

*was the sight of the woman breast making your john thomas to misbehave grin? Shey the thing didnt want to stay still ni grin? Or is it that you wish you were in the baby's shoe,where the woman will be putting her jogs in your mouth :p grin

or again was the breast choking,touching or incoveniencing you wink did you feel like grabbing it,but public eyes wont let you misbehave in public grin
if its not either of the above then we need to contact the ifa oracle 8-)

2 Likes

Re: Breastfeeding Babies In A Public Cab Normal? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Dec 22, 2013
crackhaus:
This our oga at the top got an interesting sense of humour oo..

@OP, look away next time and you should not be offended...a baby has to eat!
no mind am cheesy like say e sef no suck breast milk for small :p
Re: Breastfeeding Babies In A Public Cab Normal? by greatgod2012(f): 6:27pm On Dec 22, 2013
As much as there is nothing wrong with it, i think some form of modesty should also be applied. I dont concur/agree with the fact that the baby should be left to cry till they get to a secret place or their house before the baby is attended to, but the woman herself should realise that she's a nursing mother and that her baby can be hungry along the way and so should have prepared for it before leaving home. This can be done by either putting on a loose blouse that will not allow all her chest or bosom area to be exposed to the public or take along a cover, so that when the baby wants to suckle, he will cover the whole scenario with a cover and no one will either be offended or irritated.
My opinion please.

4 Likes

Re: Breastfeeding Babies In A Public Cab Normal? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Dec 22, 2013
greatgod2012: As much as there is nothing wrong with it, i think some form of modesty should also be applied. I dont concur/agree with the fact that the baby should be left to cry till they get to a secret place or their house before the baby is attended to, but the woman herself should realise that she's a nursing mother and that her baby can be hungry along the way and so should have prepared for it before leaving home. This can be done by either putting on a loose blouse that will not allow all her chest or bosom area to be exposed to the public or take along a cover, so that when the baby wants to suckle, he will cover the whole scenario with a cover and no one will either be offended or irritated.
My opinion please.
Cool cool

At post, if it was cossy or Afro candy that brought out the thing, you won't be here complaining grin.
Orishirishi

3 Likes

Re: Breastfeeding Babies In A Public Cab Normal? by Ngokafor(f): 6:54pm On Dec 22, 2013

grin grin
Re: Breastfeeding Babies In A Public Cab Normal? by Teenaba(f): 6:57pm On Dec 22, 2013
slap1: But as big as you are, you can eat gala and La Casera in a bus, and you want a little baby to cry until there is breastfeeding space? Ok o.
cheesy
Re: Breastfeeding Babies In A Public Cab Normal? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Dec 22, 2013

slap1: But as big as you are, you can eat gala and La Casera in a bus, and you want a little baby to cry until there is breastfeeding space? Ok o.

Rotfl! grin grin

@ OP, is it by force to look at her? You are sha not her husband, if she doesn't care to breastfeed modestly, how does it affect you personally?
Re: Breastfeeding Babies In A Public Cab Normal? by dmahn(m): 8:23pm On Dec 22, 2013
kulyie: no mind am cheesy like say e sef no suck breast milk for small :p
.....No b so my guy...Dis is what is causing harm in this country...why should breastfeeding compulsory..aint dia any other foods?.
Re: Breastfeeding Babies In A Public Cab Normal? by dmahn(m): 8:28pm On Dec 22, 2013
ileobatojo:

Rotfl! grin grin

@ OP, is it by force to look at her? You are sha not her husband, if she doesn't care to breastfeed modestly, how does it affect you personally?
...Its not about looking or no look,even if your eyes are not there,Ur mind nko?...So you can let everyone in d cab to knw the size of d thing just becos of brestfeeding...Mtchew!...If na u wife nko?
Re: Breastfeeding Babies In A Public Cab Normal? by dmahn(m): 8:31pm On Dec 22, 2013
Princess Ella: Sure! Derz nofin wrong, she was inside a car and wasn't standing by the road side!
...Why not @ road side sef....What is bad is bad..Can u do such a thing?
Re: Breastfeeding Babies In A Public Cab Normal? by dmahn(m): 8:32pm On Dec 22, 2013
Princess Ella: Sure! Derz nofin wrong, she was inside a car and wasn't standing by the road side!
...O jebi..Why not @ road side sef....What is bad is bad..Can u do such a thing?
Re: Breastfeeding Babies In A Public Cab Normal? by dmahn(m): 8:36pm On Dec 22, 2013
..Dont mix things up,its a different matter entirely..Is it moral? Dats my point
Re: Breastfeeding Babies In A Public Cab Normal? by dmahn(m): 8:41pm On Dec 22, 2013
[quote author=oyinbogirl]i wonder...if d lady had no baby and put her breasts out, you would enjoy looking, wouldnt you? Most guys are hungry to be always seeing. So why and how can you ever be offended by a hungry baby being fed? As a mum shes doing what she has to, taking care of her child. Some ladies wear tops that show more than they hide anyway. SO be clear, do breasts on show offend you or breastfeeding? In answer to the qs YES is a normal thing to feed babies even in public. If you are offended r......Mtchew
Re: Breastfeeding Babies In A Public Cab Normal? by dmahn(m): 8:45pm On Dec 22, 2013
@ All saying its normal..Put ursef in d condition above..In a cab in which you are the only lady there,what impression are you trying to give guys...Religionically speaking,is it appreciated by God?
Re: Breastfeeding Babies In A Public Cab Normal? by dmahn(m): 8:47pm On Dec 22, 2013
FP please moderators..Lets see others veiw about this perspective
Re: Breastfeeding Babies In A Public Cab Normal? by SammyT95(m): 9:18pm On Dec 22, 2013
Ok are u telling me dat my 25 year old wife wil bring dose b**bs out in public jst in d name of breast feeding?

U've gat to be kidding me
Re: Breastfeeding Babies In A Public Cab Normal? by freda506(f): 9:19pm On Dec 22, 2013
if she hadnot breastfed him now,you would be complaining about the child crying!

3 Likes

Re: Breastfeeding Babies In A Public Cab Normal? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Dec 22, 2013
dmahn: ...Its not about looking or no look,even if your eyes are not there,Ur mind nko?...So you can let everyone in d cab to knw the size of d thing just becos of brestfeeding...Mtchew!...If na u wife nko?

Why should your mind remain on a strange child trying to nourish himself in a natural and biological way?

1 Like

Re: Breastfeeding Babies In A Public Cab Normal? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Dec 22, 2013
dmahn: .....No b so my guy...Dis is what is causing harm in this country...why should breastfeeding compulsory..aint dia any other foods?.
like boli and groundnut wey pikin fit chop abi?
Re: Breastfeeding Babies In A Public Cab Normal? by bluuu: 11:51pm On Dec 22, 2013
some kids dont use feeding bottle or anything like it e.g my nephew.so a baby like dat should cry till she gets home??
start by talkin to ladies with big boobs exposed than a woman breastfeeding her baby.
btw you were once a kid,stop all the modesty 'forming'
Re: Breastfeeding Babies In A Public Cab Normal? by slap1(m): 6:13am On Dec 23, 2013
dmahn: ..Dont mix things up,its a different matter entirely..Is it moral? Dats my point
I believe morality is about what is right or wrong. It is right for a mother to breastfeed her baby in a taxi. I've even seen it in church, although the woman had to go to the back of the pew (but she was still in church). It is not offensive or immoral, it is even despicable to deny the baby food and allow him/her to cry.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Some People Are Insensitive - Pregnancy Is Hard / Should I Proceed With The Court Marriage? / How Virtual Football Betting Ruined My Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.