Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,388 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:37 AM

Letter To Nollywood - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Letter To Nollywood (14277 Views)

The Cure To Nollywood's Fallen Standard / How Nigerian Ladies React To Nollywood Movie(s) / Regina Askia, Please Come Back to Nollywood! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Letter To Nollywood by 01mcfadden(m): 7:42pm On Dec 22, 2013
Good you used 'concerned Nigerian' because i'm not concerned about their movies....who cares where team korean films rock?
Re: Letter To Nollywood by hamedade2000(m): 7:43pm On Dec 22, 2013
The simple solution is to av an equivalent of IMDB(internet movies database) like dey av in Hollywood. They rate movies on a scale of 10 based on some critics analysis of d movie. if we av dah in Nigeria n a particular producer decides to always make stupidly whack movies n he gets zero returns frm his movies...he'll change for d beta or start pushing planks at d sawmill.

3 Likes

Re: Letter To Nollywood by Nobody: 7:45pm On Dec 22, 2013
peopl still dey watch nollywood?

1 Like

Re: Letter To Nollywood by c0llynz02: 7:48pm On Dec 22, 2013
sureteeboy: The ones u're talking about are already labelled as fantasy movies with fantasy plots. But, why should you watch a movie with no fantasy setting and end up seeing a herbalist in the movie to unravel a mystery that has been keeping the movie moving? It's totally out of it.
Fantany my arsè. Are you the one that labelled them as fantasy movies?
You are just one of the self-hating people who never see anything good about their own, once it is American or European you always have your excuses ready.
There is a reason why nollywood is watched all over Africa and beyond despite the rubbish you self-hating twäts keep spewing.
Re: Letter To Nollywood by VillageBoi(m): 7:50pm On Dec 22, 2013
vickitor: 1. We are tired of seeing spirits wear wrist watches and chains. For goodness sake, this is the spirit world you are trying portray, why are you guys still backward in movie directing? We should know that little things counts. Spirits should also stop rubbing powder on their faces and stop wearing cele overalls.
Spirit wear watch and so what? All the spirits you have actually met were wearing what exactly? You seem to have very valuable knowledge about the 'reality' of spirits.

vickitor: 2. Please, if you guys intend to subtitle your movies, please subtitle it with good english and try to edit them if possible. We are tired of seeing sentences like "where did you carry all these pregnant?" For pete's sake, if you can't edit your movies, call people to edit them for you.
And since we know you have that skill, why have you not offered YOUR services to producers instead of biatching like every other person?

vickitor: 4. Please and Please, our witches do not behave like imbeciles. How will a witch grow long fingers and very bad dentition in the midnight and the morning the same witch has the sweetest smile on earth. Don't make it look all girls with bad dentition are witches.
Since you know what witches look like all the time and what they get upto please enlighten us all. I take it you don't watch 'Grimm' just to mention one out of thousands of films and shows where such happens.

vickitor: 5. Last week, my sister bought 6 Nollywood movies.
No she didn't... YOU bought them for yourself.

vickitor: 6. We need creative directors in our movies. How will a thief drop his ID card in a robbery site in real life?
Because in 'real life' thieves do drop their IDs at crime scenes anyhow. https://www.google.co.uk/#q=thief+leaves+ID+at+crime+scene
These 'dumb' producers, as you call them, at least knew how to get info from Gorgul wink

vickitor: 7. Sometimes, I don't know what some casts are doing in a movie. They are neither a part of the cause, part of the solution nor a waka-pass. They are just there doing "uhummm", "mtcheewwww", "nonsense", "**clapping their hands**".
Obviously they were there to 'clap hands', sadly you didn't understand the 6 movies you just bought hahahaha.

vickitor: PS: We know you don't have enough money to produce and direct the kind of movies in Hollywood but you can as well use the little you have and with talented actors to produce a decent movie.

Dear 'Concerned Nigerian' - This 'Post Script' is the only sensible thing you have said.

Anyway shaa Mr OP, I'm just mucking about with ya. But seriously, these repeated a million times threads don tire people. Especially the threads where almost every point can be proven to be... not well thought out at all - just saying.
Instead of complaining about Nollywood why don't you complain about your sister because na so 95% of the men on Nairaland are suffering big time. Everyday their sisters are beating them up, tying them for chair, tearing open their eyes with fishing hooks and forcing them to watch Nollywood films. So please Nairaland men sorry mice be sending all these ya muscle apku, akpu sisters to me. I like.

3 Likes

Re: Letter To Nollywood by prettyboi1(m): 7:51pm On Dec 22, 2013
All I have to say is " You guys obviously haven't been watching new Nollywood movies. There's been a silent revolution from like the last 3 years & things are getting pretty impressive."
Re: Letter To Nollywood by Nobody: 7:52pm On Dec 22, 2013
@op, this is a stale joke bro. You are a man, start acting like one.
Re: Letter To Nollywood by VillageBoi(m): 7:52pm On Dec 22, 2013
pretty_boi: All I have to say is " You guys obviously haven't been watching new Nollywood movies. There's been a silent revolution from like the last 3 years & things are getting pretty impressive."
Guy don't mind them.
Re: Letter To Nollywood by Ignatio(m): 7:54pm On Dec 22, 2013
Truth hurts but it has to be told. Nollywood is wack. It's an industry full of hustlers who don't understand the art of movie making. Mainly out of ignorance. Few are trying but the mediocres are many to see the good ones.
The op is only a concerned fan who wants the industry he loves to upgrade.
To those of You who antagonizing the op, I believe are part of those churning out these wack films. With people like You the industry will never grow.

2 Likes

Re: Letter To Nollywood by Princessderaa(f): 7:56pm On Dec 22, 2013
True talk
Re: Letter To Nollywood by losprince(m): 7:58pm On Dec 22, 2013
c0llynz02: Fantany my arsè. Are you the one that labelled them as fantasy movies?
You are just one of the self-hating people who never see anything good about their own, once it is American or European you always have your excuses ready.
There is a reason why nollywood is watched all over Africa and beyond despite the rubbish you self-hating twäts keep spewing.

I would testify against nollywood anytime, I can't appreciate something that's careless about their audience.

2 Likes

Re: Letter To Nollywood by c0llynz02: 8:00pm On Dec 22, 2013
Ignatio: Truth hurts but it has to be told. Nollywood is wack. It's an industry full of hustlers who don't understand the art of movie making. Mainly out of ignorance. Few are trying but the mediocres are many to see the good ones.
To those of You who antagonizing the op, I believe are part of those churning out these wack films. With people like You the industry will never grow.
But the industry has grown to be the biggest, best and most popular in Africa.
What industry are you in? What do you do?
How have you been able to make whatever industry you find yourself in the best in Africa?
Re: Letter To Nollywood by c0llynz02: 8:02pm On Dec 22, 2013
losprince:

I would testify against nollywood anytime, I can't appreciate something that's careless about their audience.
Then stop being one of their audience.
It is surprising that the have one of the largest audience in the world despite not caring about them.
Re: Letter To Nollywood by VillageBoi(m): 8:02pm On Dec 22, 2013
Ignatio: Truth hurts but it has to be told. Nollywood is wack. It's an industry full of hustlers who don't understand the art of movie making. Mainly out of ignorance. Few are trying but the mediocres are many to see the good ones.
Very well said @ bolded.
However, the OP didn't write this because he 'loves' Nollywood, he wrote it to take cheap shots like most other people. Afterall him claim ontop say na him sista dey watch am... obviously not him. wink
Re: Letter To Nollywood by Naijamericana: 8:09pm On Dec 22, 2013
What about irokotv, it sucks too,always crashing they can do better.
Re: Letter To Nollywood by Naijamericana: 8:12pm On Dec 22, 2013
I prefer Ghanaian movies to Nollywood.

1 Like

Re: Letter To Nollywood by losprince(m): 8:12pm On Dec 22, 2013
c0llynz02: But the industry has grown to be the biggest, best and most popular in Africa.
How have you been able to make whatever industry you find yourself in the best in Africa?

yeah right, coz they make hundred of craps monthly.

c0llynz02: Then stop being one of their audience.
It is surprising that the have one of the largest audience in the world despite not caring about them.

hey nollywood cant have the largest audience in the world with their attitude.
Re: Letter To Nollywood by Krasid(m): 8:13pm On Dec 22, 2013
How will Nigeria move foward when we are always criticising our own.Give them some credit, they are not so bad.You don't know what you have until you lose it.
Re: Letter To Nollywood by Bboy1015(m): 8:14pm On Dec 22, 2013
And they should stop all those indecent scenes.

1 Like

Re: Letter To Nollywood by Naijamericana: 8:18pm On Dec 22, 2013
Krasid: How will Nigeria move foward when we are always criticising our own.Give them some credit, they are not so bad.You don't know what you have until you lose it.

Criticism makes you better. Thats what is wrong with Naija, we cant take criticism.

1 Like

Re: Letter To Nollywood by Matthewbriggs(m): 8:20pm On Dec 22, 2013
I belive nollywood is messed up but i think quite a couple of people are working to fix this and hence producing very good films. cool

just like the director of this movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwF-_JNHS8g&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DxwF-_JNHS8g
http://www.bellanaija.com/2012/11/12/nse-ikpe-etim-kalu-ikeagwu-bimbo-manuel-star-in-bright-wonder-obasis-broken-watch-the-trailer-on-bn/

THE'VE RELEASED IT ON DVD ... i detest nigerian films but this was differents i must say.
https://www.facebook.com/brokenmovieng

1 Like

Re: Letter To Nollywood by c0llynz02: 8:24pm On Dec 22, 2013
Naijamericana:

Criticism makes you better. Thats what is wrong with Naija, we cant take criticism.
Baseless and useless criticisms doesn't make anyone better.
Re: Letter To Nollywood by sholay2011(m): 8:25pm On Dec 22, 2013
Oh dear. ..here we go again. ..
Re: Letter To Nollywood by sholay2011(m): 8:27pm On Dec 22, 2013
VillageBoi:
Very well said @ bolded.
However, the OP didn't write this because he 'loves' Nollywood, he wrote it to take cheap shots like most other people. Afterall him claim ontop say na him sista dey watch am... obviously not him. wink
Bro, you've said it all. Always on point.
Re: Letter To Nollywood by Krasid(m): 8:32pm On Dec 22, 2013
Naijamericana:

Yes, criticism makes you better.But too much criticism brings you down.Why didn't the O.P also point out the advantages of Nollywood to Nigeria?
Re: Letter To Nollywood by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 22, 2013
Nigerians generally do not have the spirit of excellence and perseverance to follow through on a project as painstaking and complex as a MOVIE. Our economy hasn't developed to the point where we can afford the luxury of having 10,000 screens . If we did, investors would be incentivized since there's a proven distribution channel to recoup the ton of investment it takes to make a quality production. The average Nigerian has a low bar on what she considers entertainment on the TV screen. The inflexibility of our culture/society to push new frontiers and try new things like the French and Koreans consistently do.

1 Like

Re: Letter To Nollywood by jhidey08(m): 8:34pm On Dec 22, 2013
sureteeboy: The ones u're talking about are already labelled as fantasy movies with fantasy plots. But, why should you watch a movie with no fantasy setting and end up seeing a herbalist in the movie to unravel a mystery that has been keeping the movie moving? It's totally out of it.
Europeans act movies according wot happens around dem, Imagine a Nigerian film writer trying to write on a film such as 24, it doesn't make sense. Try 2 understand dat diz pple aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ nt copying any culture. I'm nt saying dey're excellent o, bt at least u can't compare a film produced 5years ago with d 1 dey produce now. Development takes a gradual process
Re: Letter To Nollywood by quneksyahooco: 8:34pm On Dec 22, 2013
very true dear, it also got me thinking.
Re: Letter To Nollywood by Ignatio(m): 8:35pm On Dec 22, 2013
c0llynz02: But the industry has grown to be the biggest, best and most popular in Africa.

Yes the industry has grown but the quality of their (Alaba) works need need improvement.

I'm part of the movie industry and I see a lot of bs every week.
Re: Letter To Nollywood by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 22, 2013
Some nollywood films are of high quality, the ish is that they are seldom sold on cds they are shown in cinema's e g last flight to abuja, ije, etc. Quality and realism is not considered in producin naija films because of the haste in producing them, can u imagine dat deception has been introduced by movie producers, the oder day i was deceived into buying a movie with anuobi ekwu on the poster whereas she does noy apear in the film at all!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kunle Afolayan's Trailer for 'October 1' Movie / What Song Was Played In The Movie Titled 'A Million Tears'? / Top 10 Real-life Wrestling Couples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.