Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,880 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:31 PM

Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo (15403 Views)

Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply / President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter / President Jonathan's Reply To Dr Tunji Braithwaite' Abusive comment &(Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by egift(m): 2:16am On Dec 23, 2013
Having gone through both letters, how do rate or describe the Reply to OBJ's letter in terms of timing, details, tone, depth, etc?

Did the reply do justice to the letter?
Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by Nobody: 2:18am On Dec 23, 2013
2/10. Flat! Lame! Incoherent! Filled with innuendo..........

Lacking in substance.

Otuoke fvctard doesn't want to be blamed for not being able to fix problems because those problems he met existed before he came into office. He doesn't think the problems past leaders couldn't fix should be blamed on his administration. He doesn't think he should be blamed for not being able to fix problems because past leaders failed to fix the same problems facing the nation. The fvctard thinks he should pass the problems to someone else.

51 Likes

Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by scribble: 2:24am On Dec 23, 2013
7/10...if i didnt know it was abati who wrote it, then id have said 8/10.

but jonathan gets some credit for hiring abati

22 Likes

Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by manny4life(m): 2:28am On Dec 23, 2013
8/10 or B+

His response was brilliant, though I wanted him to address more but the few pointers he talked about, that's enough to send OBJ on exile for good. This is a case of put up or shut up, publicize your evidence or forever hold your peace. OBJ asked for the fire burning him, and I'm glad that GEJ rightly put him where he deserves.

76 Likes

Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by jamace(m): 4:18am On Dec 23, 2013
I rate GEJ's response 9/10. It gave OBJ a Technical Knock Out. I'm sure the baba will remain dazed until he departs this world.

35 Likes

Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by Nobody: 4:45am On Dec 23, 2013
One thing I am not able to comprehend in all these mish
mash generated by this letter is that, how does it affect
the average Nigerian, you are here talking about the
winners and losers of the whole drama, while the
Nigerian kid will wake up this morning, and roam the
street hungry, there is more to Nigeria than a letter. OBJ
raised valid points and if not for the fact that his hands
are not clean, GEJ knows he has failed. He is only trying
to say that he did not do more atrocities than those
before him.
So you all should shut your mouth and see the need for
change. Nigeria is too big to be put in the hands of Daft
people. We are just too big to fail

52 Likes

Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by Gboliwe: 5:15am On Dec 23, 2013
8/10. The maturity in the letter was humbling.

@rasojie, are you spamming? I've seen this same post in two different threads already

17 Likes

Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by ChrisOD: 5:52am On Dec 23, 2013
10/10

17 Likes

Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by OKKO(m): 5:57am On Dec 23, 2013
7/10 highly technical, yet assertive!

9 Likes

Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by 0key: 6:07am On Dec 23, 2013
8/10. very mature and honest reply. The letter is very lengthy but makes an interesting read.

12 Likes

Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by vizboy(m): 6:07am On Dec 23, 2013
the reply was classic.

7/10

10 Likes

Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by lonelydora: 6:53am On Dec 23, 2013
On one hand 2/10, and on the other hand 8/10...... I have my reasons shaa
Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by PassingShot(m): 6:59am On Dec 23, 2013
6/10 for the maturity displayed while delivering the jabs subtly. The 4 marks witheld is for avoiding serious allegations of corruption such as that of Oduah, Farouk Lawan and Eteh.

1 Like

Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by jamace(m): 7:02am On Dec 23, 2013
lonelydora: On one hand 2/10, and on the other hand 8/10...... I have my reasons shaa

Which is which now? People like you are the reason why Nigeria is messed up. Simple requirement and you have gone politically winding. Are you following Baba's footstep of being a PDP card carrying member yet coordinating APC affairs? Na wa o.

19 Likes

Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by jmaine: 7:07am On Dec 23, 2013
9/10 . . .the calmness, graciousness , coziness, guile and decorum of the letter; coupled with the indelible stings on Baba OBJ was classic.

That response was the bomb. . . .

10 Likes

Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by donpetros: 7:11am On Dec 23, 2013
Obj's letter: 6/10. The letter touched on pressing issues in the country but he was insultive and seems to be self serving.
GEJ's response: 7/10. Quiet matured, i love the 10 reasons he gave for his reply, he cleared the air on the issue of the economy, CBN/NNPC and security. But failed to do same with corruption, this is the major weakness of his letter.

4 Likes

Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by Nobody: 7:23am On Dec 23, 2013
8/10. I love this man GEJ. #no homo.
If they r gangin up against him d same way they've bn gangin up against us since 1999, it certainly means he's one of us and we must defend him against these association of political despots.

9 Likes

Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by Nobody: 7:38am On Dec 23, 2013
9/10...Response is apt,unambiguous,matured but loaded with slow poison to kill OBJ quietly through heart attack

9 Likes

Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by adadadon(m): 8:53am On Dec 23, 2013
3/10 why won't you guys award high marks after Jonathan(abati) was forced to write. By the way the reply came 21 days after obasanjo had written Mr president so he had enough time to reply

3 Likes

Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by adadadon(m): 8:55am On Dec 23, 2013
lest I forget this letter is similar to what that expired ex-senate president wrote
Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by manny4life(m): 9:00am On Dec 23, 2013
adadadon: 3/10 why won't you guys award high marks after Jonathan(abati) was forced to write after. By the way the reply came 21 days after obasanjo had written Mr president.

You're a BIG NAMA, so you expect the President of the most populous black nation on earth to write a published material like this? Even as intelligent as Obama is, his PR does write his releases most times. Like seriously, what do you take the Office of the President to be? A child's play? So many kids on NL. Did OBJ write his? Biko if you have nothing to say - positive or negative, kindly keep quiet abeg...

44 Likes

Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by jamace(m): 9:03am On Dec 23, 2013
egift: Having gone through both letters, how do rate or describe the Reply to OBJ's letter in terms of timing, details, tone, depth, etc?

Did the reply do justice to the letter?
Bros, where is your own rating?
Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by PointB: 9:05am On Dec 23, 2013
7/10. With an option to increase it to 9/10 if the Security Agency could as much as invite Obj for a 'chat' on the account of National Security, Siemens, Haliburton, or Odi. GEJ is the President, we expect him to bite when he barks!

From 48 laws of power:
'Do not use words to explain, use action'
'Enter action with boldness'

GEJ should get a copy of that book.

6 Likes

Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by Olojukokoro: 9:08am On Dec 23, 2013
The reply was too timid and unnecessarily verbose! A commander in chief shouldn't condescend,he should learn a thing or two from Abacha...He also dodged the corruption issues proving that this government is a kleptocracy.

3 Likes

Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by manny4life(m): 9:11am On Dec 23, 2013
Olojukokoro: The reply was too timid and unnecessarily verbose! A commander in chief shouldn't condescend,he should learn a thing or two from Abacha...He also dodged the corruption issues proving that this government is a kleptocracy.

Thank you, I bet my $1 if I looked into your post history or your second account, you rushed to accuse GEJ when OBJ released his letter. If you did not read the part of corruption, then you need to borrow my reading glasses...

4 Likes

Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by saintneo(m): 9:24am On Dec 23, 2013
sincerenigerian: 2/10. Flat! Lame! Incoherent! Filled with innuendo..........

Lacking in substance.

Otuoke fvctard doesn't want to be blamed for not being able to fix problems because those problems he met existed before he came into office. He doesn't think the problems past leaders couldn't fix should be blamed on his administration. He doesn't think he should be blamed for not being able to fix problems because past leaders failed to fix the same problems facing the nation. The fvctard thinks he should pass the problems to someone else.
In all truthfulness, I will recommend you for retraining in a psychiatric hospital.

19 Likes

Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by OgologoDimkpa: 9:42am On Dec 23, 2013
Ozin: 9/10...Response is apt,unambiguous,matured but loaded with slow poison to kill OBJ quietly through heart attack
grin grin
You're bad!

3 Likes

Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by OgologoDimkpa: 9:43am On Dec 23, 2013
There is a lot of maturity in the letter of response..
I score it 8/10

4 Likes

Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by DonHummer(m): 10:10am On Dec 23, 2013
that response is what i call a silent missile....the intro sweet me wella, the reasons he gave for replying was well articulated and on point as well
8/10..

3 Likes

Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by Eneze1(f): 10:46am On Dec 23, 2013
will rate GEJ response on a scale of 8/10, he was very diplomatic in his response not pointing accusing fingers like OBJ did

4 Likes

Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by validplanet: 10:46am On Dec 23, 2013
he should go further ad sue obj to court

1 Like

Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by NgeneUkwenu(f): 10:47am On Dec 23, 2013
2/10 for being man enough to put up a reply even though he failed to address any of the alleged criminal acts.

On the last note:

If care is not taken, Jonathan would wake up one day to find out that only Igbo and Ijaw with a handful of 'alatenuje' SS would remain as members of PDP

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Atiku Debunks Reports Of 12 APC Governors Endorsing Buhari / SDP (Olu Falae's Party) Endorses President Goodluck Jonathan / 'The Real Boko Haram is Defeated' - Garba Shehu Insists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.