Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,813,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:18 AM

President Jonathan's Reply To Dr Tunji Braithwaite' Abusive comment &(Pictures) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan's Reply To Dr Tunji Braithwaite' Abusive comment &(Pictures) (3434 Views)

Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply / Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo / President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Jonathan's Reply To Dr Tunji Braithwaite' Abusive comment &(Pictures) by ochejoseph(m): 1:20pm On Sep 17, 2013
During his Birthday symposium Dr Tunji Braithwaite made mockery of the president these were his words

'' In his remarks, Tunji Braithwaite for whom the
symposium was organized to mark his 80th
birthday, noted that ”the chaos at the
fragmentation of the PDP; the largest party in
Africa or whatever nebulous name they call
themselves, resulting in the sacking of many
ministers does not come as a surprise because
the PDP is finished.”
According to him, ”the PDP is finished becomes it
has always been in a fragmentation.”
The leader of the defunct Nigeria Advance Party,
NAP, declared that the ”recklessness and simple-
mindedness and wide spread corruption will
trigger a people’s revolution.”
The octogenarian, who was tear-gassed by police
officers while leading a protest in 2011, further
added that a people’s movement was currently
being organised to fight the status quo.
Deaf not dumb
Mr Braithwaite, who was also a former
presidential aspirant, reiterated the call for a
Sovereign National Conference, SNC, which had
been relentlessly demanded by diverse groups
and organisations across the country.
Referring to President Goodluck Jonathan’s
prolonged silence on the convocation of SNC, Mr
Braithwaite said ”unfortunately, it seems we
have been conversing with a deaf, though not
necessarily dumb.”

In this Reply the president sent Him a Good will message
'' On behalf of my
family, the Government and people of the
Federal Republic of Nigeria, I extend warm
felicitations to you on the landmark occasion
of your 80th birthday anniversary.
“Over the years, you have remained
steadfastly committed to the pursuit of the
ideals of excellence and selfless service in
your personal life, your chosen legal
profession, and in your political exertions on
behalf of the masses of our nation.
“As you deservedly celebrate this glorious
day with your family, friends, protégés, and
numerous well-wishers, it is my prayer that
Almighty God grants you many more happy
years of fulfillment and distinguished
service,” the president wrote.

Obasanjo will not even try it ,Yaradua will just Ignore the Guy ,Many people I know might not even want that name mentioned around them.
Nevertheless , this president has decided to eschew the politics of Bitterness ,seeing criticisms as stepping stones and embracing all Nigerians irrespective of their political leanings or Ideology .
Many have Referred to him as Clueless,retardeen,drunk Fisher man but his achievement thus far has shown that he is the Best Man for the Job, let us all support this president in his quest to Transform Nigeria and make our Nation a better Place for us and our Children

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

6 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Reply To Dr Tunji Braithwaite' Abusive comment &(Pictures) by Dpeacemaker101: 1:30pm On Sep 17, 2013
You know one thing I like about GEJ, he doesn't allow all these talks get to him. He is committed to his job and focused in reforming the country. He doesn't play politics with bitterness or try to make his opponents feel bad, once again I endorse him as my president in 2015. And for Mr. Braithwaite, this message should send you to your thinking corner, and you should ask yourself lots of questions on your comment to the CnC of the federation. God bless you GEJ

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Reply To Dr Tunji Braithwaite' Abusive comment &(Pictures) by ochejoseph(m): 4:38pm On Sep 17, 2013
Calm,articulate and unperturbed

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Reply To Dr Tunji Braithwaite' Abusive comment &(Pictures) by ochejoseph(m): 4:44pm On Sep 17, 2013
Despite His Enormous Powers as president he has remained a true Democrat

Re: President Jonathan's Reply To Dr Tunji Braithwaite' Abusive comment &(Pictures) by ochejoseph(m): 4:47pm On Sep 17, 2013
Taking Africa by Storm world Prime destination for FDI
Re: President Jonathan's Reply To Dr Tunji Braithwaite' Abusive comment &(Pictures) by ochejoseph(m): 4:51pm On Sep 17, 2013
Taking charge and delivering Dividends

Re: President Jonathan's Reply To Dr Tunji Braithwaite' Abusive comment &(Pictures) by ochejoseph(m): 5:06pm On Sep 17, 2013
Taking our sports to its Highest level in decades

Re: President Jonathan's Reply To Dr Tunji Braithwaite' Abusive comment &(Pictures) by homesteady(m): 5:16pm On Sep 17, 2013
I'm so sure that when the man hears the goodwill message, he'll be blushing with embarrassment

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Reply To Dr Tunji Braithwaite' Abusive comment &(Pictures) by ochejoseph(m): 5:43pm On Sep 17, 2013
Despite Provocation By this Men

Re: President Jonathan's Reply To Dr Tunji Braithwaite' Abusive comment &(Pictures) by ochejoseph(m): 5:46pm On Sep 17, 2013
He has. 12 brand New Universities to his Credit

Re: President Jonathan's Reply To Dr Tunji Braithwaite' Abusive comment &(Pictures) by Nobody: 5:47pm On Sep 17, 2013
I am expecting to see a picture of Jonathan walking on water, so please do not disappoint me.

Nigeria is a failing state – Falana, Utomi, Braithwaite, Asobie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRGq2vLijAE
It was a day of critical assessment of the nation-state, Nigeria, as speakers at the inaugural annual Tunji Braithwaite birthday symposium bared their minds on the happenings in the country, describing Nigeria as gradually descending into a failed state.
Guest speaker, Professor Asisi Asobie, began the barrage on the current administration and the ruling class, faulting them for lack of focus while human rights activist, Femi Falana, also joined the chorus before asking for the payment of unemployment benefits for graduates without jobs.

Source
Re: President Jonathan's Reply To Dr Tunji Braithwaite' Abusive comment &(Pictures) by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 17, 2013
Who said gej is commited*as committed as he is av u seen any gud roads,av ur light supply bn gettin better or worse*guy go school learn book*d protest done in ojota gej sent soldiers 2 trow teargas at a very peaceful demostration we made*were were u den,watchin on tv i guess*sumone over 80 was flinged a teargas or u dont knw d side effect of one*abeg no sit 4 house idle*dey stroll go out
Re: President Jonathan's Reply To Dr Tunji Braithwaite' Abusive comment &(Pictures) by ochejoseph(m): 6:24pm On Sep 17, 2013
He was welcomed into Office by Bomblast etal but the Man is soldiering On

Re: President Jonathan's Reply To Dr Tunji Braithwaite' Abusive comment &(Pictures) by ochejoseph(m): 6:37pm On Sep 17, 2013
Our roads are getting better key roads are been Fixed

Re: President Jonathan's Reply To Dr Tunji Braithwaite' Abusive comment &(Pictures) by ochejoseph(m): 6:42pm On Sep 17, 2013
Even those who have neglected their God given wife to plant their eyes on another Mans property are criticising

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Reply To Dr Tunji Braithwaite' Abusive comment &(Pictures) by ochejoseph(m): 6:49pm On Sep 17, 2013
The man of God has told Us to Pray for this Nation and that is exactly what we will do

Re: President Jonathan's Reply To Dr Tunji Braithwaite' Abusive comment &(Pictures) by Nobody: 6:58pm On Sep 17, 2013
Very funny thread....very funny characters.. grin
Re: President Jonathan's Reply To Dr Tunji Braithwaite' Abusive comment &(Pictures) by stebell(m): 7:31pm On Sep 17, 2013
@ OP, yu just made ma nite pleasurable. I kinda wanda between yu and Sincere 9gerian, who is doing it beta. The more haters abuse/insult GEJ, de more yu peeps are churning out laudable stuff achieved by GEJ and his Fresh Air Crew. Keep it up.
Long Live South South
Long Live GEJ
Long Live #Team Fresh Air#
Long Naija

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Reply To Dr Tunji Braithwaite' Abusive comment &(Pictures) by ochejoseph(m): 8:07pm On Sep 17, 2013
Gave Women equal oppurtunity to excel even in areas previously considered a No go area for women. First set of female NDA regular combatants

Re: President Jonathan's Reply To Dr Tunji Braithwaite' Abusive comment &(Pictures) by omenka(m): 8:08pm On Sep 17, 2013
Dpeacemaker101: You know one thing I like about GEJ, he doesn't allow all these talks get to him. He is committed to his job and focused in reforming HIS BANK ACCOUNT

Fixed.
Re: President Jonathan's Reply To Dr Tunji Braithwaite' Abusive comment &(Pictures) by omenka(m): 8:15pm On Sep 17, 2013
stebell: @ OP, yu just made ma nite pleasurable. I kinda wanda between yu and Sincere 9gerian, who is doing it beta. The more haters abuse/insult GEJ, de more yu peeps are churning out laudable stuff achieved by GEJ and his Fresh Air Crew. Keep it up.
Long Live South South
Long Live GEJ
Long Live #Team Fresh Air#
Long Naija

Oh Lawd have murcey!! There's just no limit to how daft some Nigerians, especially South southeners, could get!

Sending a goodwill msg to someone critical (and appropriately so) of the president's lack luster performance so far has now become one of his "Laudable Stuff"!!
Re: President Jonathan's Reply To Dr Tunji Braithwaite' Abusive comment &(Pictures) by omenka(m): 8:19pm On Sep 17, 2013
ochejoseph: Our roads are getting better key roads are been Fixed

El Retardeen, aka Tractor Driver, aka Bell Ringer.
Think it's high time he learnt how to pilot a Cassana plane too. Guess he already knows how to paddle a canoe.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Reply To Dr Tunji Braithwaite' Abusive comment &(Pictures) by omenka(m): 8:31pm On Sep 17, 2013
ochejoseph: He has. 12 brand New Universities to his Credit

Universities with no students. I dey laff.
That man hasn't the faintest of the faintest idea on how to solve any of the country's problems. Whatever happened to fixing the Unis already on ground? What are their conditions? What is the rationale behind building new schools if one can't maintain those that exist?

Only in the land of mumudom can one find such absurdities.
Re: President Jonathan's Reply To Dr Tunji Braithwaite' Abusive comment &(Pictures) by ochejoseph(m): 8:35pm On Sep 17, 2013
Upgrading our dilapidated airport infrastructure to world class local and International Airport terminals

Re: President Jonathan's Reply To Dr Tunji Braithwaite' Abusive comment &(Pictures) by ochejoseph(m): 8:40pm On Sep 17, 2013
Massive investment in Power infrastructure with ten bran new power stations ,with the successful completion of the privatisation in the power sector Nigeria will soon begin to see the dividends of the patience

Re: President Jonathan's Reply To Dr Tunji Braithwaite' Abusive comment &(Pictures) by ochejoseph(m): 8:49pm On Sep 17, 2013
The rails are finally back again after almost 2 decades of inactivity ,moving huge cargoes and passengers facilitating business and reducing damage to our roads
Re: President Jonathan's Reply To Dr Tunji Braithwaite' Abusive comment &(Pictures) by ochejoseph(m): 8:54pm On Sep 17, 2013
Call him anything u like the man is doing the Job he was elected to do, if u can't encourage him , don't discourage him .its that simple

Re: President Jonathan's Reply To Dr Tunji Braithwaite' Abusive comment &(Pictures) by obo389(m): 9:02pm On Sep 17, 2013
Dpeacemaker101: You know one thing I like about GEJ, he doesn't allow all these talks get to him. He is committed to his job and focused in reforming the country. He doesn't play politics with bitterness or try to make his opponents feel bad, once again I endorse him as my president in 2015. And for Mr. Braithwaite, this message should send you to your thinking corner, and you should ask yourself lots of questions on your comment to the CnC of the federation. God bless you GEJ
cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin seconded
Re: President Jonathan's Reply To Dr Tunji Braithwaite' Abusive comment &(Pictures) by luvinhubby(m): 9:12pm On Sep 17, 2013
omenka:

El Retardeen, aka Tractor Driver, aka Bell Ringer.
Think it's high time he learnt how to pilot a Cassana plane too. Guess he already knows how to paddle a canoe.
Address issues please, if not, please hold your peace.

(1) (Reply)

Aftermath Of Sanusi's Sack: Foreign Reserve & Excess Crude Account Rise Steadily / Is Kogi A Failed State? / Why Is No One Talking About Tambuwal's Latest Trickery?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.