Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,099 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

A Better Name for Nigeria? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Better Name for Nigeria? (3726 Views)

Amaechi To Fani-kayode: I Have A Better Name, Credentials / Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua / Population Census 2005 (for Nigeria) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Better Name for Nigeria? by Jarus(m): 5:01pm On Aug 23, 2008
419JA

So Ghanaians kuku call us!!!
Re: A Better Name for Nigeria? by sima(f): 6:41am On Aug 26, 2008
Re: A Better Name for Nigeria? by hollandis(f): 8:32am On Aug 26, 2008
Lord lugard's girlfriend gave the name nigeria,nigeria was named during a romantic session lipsrsealed

LAND OF FAR FAR AWAY
Re: A Better Name for Nigeria? by ssRhino: 3:08pm On Aug 26, 2008
ife-eco-06:

419JA

So Ghanaians kuku call us!!!

ghanians are just as 419ers as Nigeians, so tell them to shut up their cake holes.
Re: A Better Name for Nigeria? by MrCrackles(m): 3:11pm On Aug 26, 2008
Corruptville!
Re: A Better Name for Nigeria? by frag(m): 5:40pm On Aug 27, 2008
The Federal Republic of Corruption
Re: A Better Name for Nigeria? by ThePrince2: 4:58pm On Aug 29, 2008
Nigeria was named by Flora Lugard the Wife of Fredrick Lugard the 1st Colonial Governor of Nigeria.

It was going to be called Goldshisa after George Goldie who had the Royal Niger Company ( abit like how Rhodesia was named after Cecil Rhodes).
Re: A Better Name for Nigeria? by STEVEFAB: 4:48pm On Sep 02, 2008
considering the fact that most part of nigeria can be likened to a ghetto or a hood, i think nigeria should be renamed hoodlannd

Re: A Better Name for Nigeria? by STEVEFAB: 4:50pm On Sep 02, 2008
considering the fact that most part of nigeria can be likened to a ghetto or a hood, i think nigeria should be renamed  hoodlannd or AFRICAN SHRINE

Re: A Better Name for Nigeria? by azuka1: 4:59pm On Sep 02, 2008
i have every e-book to sueccess to make money online go to my site azukaonyenso-homeboy..com/

U/S BOLTON: Well, I think what Secretary Powell was referring to was to try and look to see if the North Koreans in fact verifiably and irreversibly dismantled their nuclear weapons program and undertook a number of other steps in connection with their other programs in the field of weapons of mass destruction, the disposition of conventional forces on the peninsula, and the human rights situation in North Korea, that we would consider a new basis for our relationship with the North, which is a not a matter of a quid pro quo negotiation. It's a matter involving the fundamental transformation of the relationship that we had been calling the "bold initiative" for some time.

Now, what that requires is a substantial transformation by the North Koreans. It's not going to be a situation where we enter into negotiations that reward bad behavior, such as the pursuit of a nuclear weapons program, or where we follow their blackmail playbook. But if there are substantial actions undertaken by the North - not simply rhetoric, but the concrete dismantling of the nuclear weapons program and other steps - then, as Secretary Powell said, we would be willing to consider a new arrangement.

QUESTION: (Takahata, Mainichi Shimbun) This is a little bit of a philosophical question. In 2001, President Bush called three nations an "axis of evil", and then we have two of them come in tandem (inaudible). Now, looking back, do you have any reflection that Mr. President had stopped short of calling one nation (inaudible)?

U/S BOLTON: The decision to include Iraq, Iran and North Korea in the "axis of evil," I think, reflects the view that they were the three states with which we were most principally concerned because of their support for terrorism and their pursuit of weapons of mass destruction. I think what the President was outlining in the "axis of evil" analysis was that these kinds of regimes posed the greatest threat to the United States and its friends and allies around the world, and he said, I think, very importantly, we cannot allow the world's most dangerous weapons to fall into the hands of the world's most dangerous people. So, I think it was a very important statement to make, to try and alert people and educate them to the risk of the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction, and it is one of the fundamental objectives of the administration to try and stop that proliferation and prevent the threat that it poses to innocent people around the world to the extent we can. Hope that was a philosophical answer to your philosophical question. OK, well thank you all very much.
FOR CONTACT CALL 2348079484928/
azukaonyenso-homeboy..com
azuka.onyenso@gmail.com
Re: A Better Name for Nigeria? by Ben13: 5:02pm On Sep 02, 2008
Nigeria should better be called
THE 1ST LEVEL OF HELL FIRE
Re: A Better Name for Nigeria? by amaikama(m): 11:09am On Feb 04, 2009
Would the name change, change the character of its people? angry
Re: A Better Name for Nigeria? by Muza(m): 11:33am On Feb 04, 2009
Kleptorepublic or
Kleptocratic republic of corruption.
Re: A Better Name for Nigeria? by FBS: 11:53am On Feb 04, 2009
Nigeria, not a bad name in itself but me thinks it doesnt really carry enough historical value. Can't think of a better name, but like someone said, Lagos should be renamed to EKO which in actual fact makes more sense.

Our culture is not embedded in the name Nigeria. Reality is, there is no such country by that name, just tribalised different minded thinking set of peoples. no surprises we cannot jell together.
Re: A Better Name for Nigeria? by jamace(m): 12:01pm On Feb 04, 2009
FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF BLESSEDLAND lipsrsealed
Re: A Better Name for Nigeria? by chidichris(m): 12:19pm On Feb 04, 2009
i suggest, Federal Republic of obasanjo
Re: A Better Name for Nigeria? by meexteriox(m): 12:41pm On Feb 04, 2009
Nigeria should be called Nigeria.
The name suit us to no end.
Re: A Better Name for Nigeria? by multebrain(m): 1:36pm On Feb 04, 2009
I think NIGERIA should be call NAIRAWORLD
Re: A Better Name for Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:39am On Feb 05, 2009
Naija!! Naija. That's a sweet name for my country!!
Re: A Better Name for Nigeria? by BOSS7: 6:46pm On Feb 05, 2009
meexteriox:

Nigeria should be called Nigeria.
The name suit us to no end.
I cannot agree less. In fact the name is now synonymous with everything complicated
Re: A Better Name for Nigeria? by Ibime(m): 10:26am On Jun 02, 2009
Nigger Area
Re: A Better Name for Nigeria? by kaypumpin2(m): 10:30am On Jun 02, 2009
Wazobia +
Re: A Better Name for Nigeria? by Fhemmmy: 8:02pm On Jun 02, 2009
Agbaya
Re: A Better Name for Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Aug 30, 2009
Some part of Nigeria can still be "Nigeria"
But one important part of it is better off with the controversial name Biafra lipsrsealed
Re: A Better Name for Nigeria? by Beaf: 8:08pm On Aug 30, 2009
All those suggesting wazobia should be lined up totured and shot.

Call it Kwarafa or Koma after the smallest group of people within our borders.
Re: A Better Name for Nigeria? by FBS: 10:56am On Sep 03, 2009
NL is wonderful. You folks are very funny.  grin

I'd love to change that flag too. It's damn too "empty" for my liking.
Re: A Better Name for Nigeria? by MrCrackles(m): 10:59am On Sep 03, 2009
Topic
LUNACY AND CORRUPTION REPUBLIC
Re: A Better Name for Nigeria? by FBS: 11:18am On Sep 03, 2009
MrCrackles:

Topic
LUNACY AND CORRUPTION REPUBLIC

And would you love to be called a lunacycorruptio[i]nian[/i]?  grin
God forbid.
Re: A Better Name for Nigeria? by MrCrackles(m): 11:19am On Sep 03, 2009
FBS:

And would you love to be called a lunacycorruptionian? grin
God forbid.
I am not from Nigeria. . . . tongue grin
Re: A Better Name for Nigeria? by FBS: 11:21am On Sep 03, 2009
MrCrackles:

I am not from Nigeria. . . . tongue grin
But you are a friend of Nigeria innit? tongue grin

@topic;
NIGERIA= CARRYGO!
Re: A Better Name for Nigeria? by MrCrackles(m): 11:24am On Sep 03, 2009
FBS:

But you are a friend of Nigeria innit? tongue grin
More than a friend actually. . . grin
Re: A Better Name for Nigeria? by FBS: 11:44am On Sep 03, 2009
MrCrackles:

More than a friend actually. . . grin
Then I was right. grin
Is you a citizen of CARRYGO? grin cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ghana Ranks 3rd Most Corrupt Country / Breaking: “i Am Voting Kowa” – Olusegun Obasanjo / PHOTOS: Buhari Attends Inauguration Of 8th National Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.