Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,089 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Your Favorite TV Series From The 90's - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Your Favorite TV Series From The 90's (14282 Views)

What Was Your Favorite Tv Show As A Kid? / Da Vinci's Demons Series (from the producers of Spartacus ) / my favorite tv girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Favorite TV Series From The 90's by charlesm91(m): 12:02am On Dec 28, 2013
Rayvene:

cheesy This is an all-time favorite for me.I still don't know why they had to let go of Janet Hubert-Whitten(Aunt Viv) though.

Others are

DR Who
Friends
E.R
The Young and The Restless(this one started during the eighties though,and it's still on shocked)
aunt viv had a problem with will. Some say will was having too much attention on the show while others had peripheral roles but ain't the sitcom all about willy from Philly. Fact: she still hasn't reconciled with will till date and failed to honor the casts reunion a few years ago
Re: Your Favorite TV Series From The 90's by Nogodre: 12:25am On Dec 28, 2013
Yea true talk children belt has bn reduce 2 an hour in most Tv statn. In d gud old days, then u go watch cartoon so tey for cabletel u go tire, abi na foreign movie, sports, news, music etc then life was simple and fun
Re: Your Favorite TV Series From The 90's by latepa(m): 1:06am On Dec 28, 2013
My Best Series Of The 90's are Twin Peaks and Two..love those series so much
Re: Your Favorite TV Series From The 90's by mekium(m): 1:40am On Dec 28, 2013
Lilimax: 1) The Rich also Cry
2) The Secrets of the Sand
D rich also cry is a nice series to watch

Wia can one find all dis series again
Re: Your Favorite TV Series From The 90's by duni04(m): 1:50am On Dec 28, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Sledge Hammer definitely was loved. Family Matters was loved too. Animation series like 'Biker Mice From Mars' also get mention. I remember the Young and The Restles s especially its opening soundtrack, which a kid like me should have had no business recalling. And there were some Mexican TV series I watched, I didn't understand the subtexts and details while young but liked them tho'. One was about twin ladies, one good the other bad. Then for Nigerian series, 'Family Circle', 'Inspector Dakoba' (I think) which was a detective series I loved a lot and some I can't recall now.
rmemba inspector bediakor?
Re: Your Favorite TV Series From The 90's by biijei(m): 3:08am On Dec 28, 2013
meeehn....ds is riiily takin mi bak 2 d gud old days.... days of "area c"---> wah brought out our very own saka , "the masquerade" ---> d great chief zebrudaya nd his 'killer' english , "hostages" .......for cartoons "voltron" , "speed racer" , "captain planet" , "ghost busters".......nd d list goes ooon nd ooon. Miss dose days sha
Re: Your Favorite TV Series From The 90's by kokoA(m): 4:58am On Dec 28, 2013
Smh.. If I was given the opportunity to go back in time to the days of my innocence, I would have done a lot of things differently. ****sad face*** Anyway, here's my list.

Foreign Sitcoms
1. Fresh prince of bel-air (My all time best)
2. Family matters
3. Some mothers do have them (Mr. Spencer .. Lol)
4. Mind your language

Foreign crime series
1. Moonlighting (Bruce Willis at his best)
2. Dempsey and Makepeace
3. Dan August
4. A-Team
5. The protector

Mexican Soap-operas
1. Wild Rose
2. Lady of the rose
3. Maria de los-angelus
4. No one but you

Children programmes on tv
1. Seaseme street
2. 3 2 1 contact
3. Barney and friends ("I love you, you love me, we are happy family... Blah blah blah .... A kiss from me to you! Mmmmmuuuaahh" lol.)
4. Kiddie vision 101 (hmmm.. You won't believe derenle would become the "derenle" you know now.. Lol)
5. Speak out (I loved "just a minute" segment)
6. Tales by moonlight ( "choco- choco milo... Choco milo one by one")
7. Storyland

Cartoons
1. Voltrun! (Your childhood sucks if you didn't watch this)
2. Ovid video
3.Danger mouse
4. Magic school bus
5. Terahawks
6. Casper the friendly ghost

Nigerian tv soap-operas
1. Behind the clouds
2. Checkmate
3. Hot cash (aka willy willy.. I fear dis tin pass death.. Lol)
4. Beyond our dreams
5. After the storm
6. Koko close
7. Family circle
8. Things fall apart
9. Abikwu
10. Third eye
11. Ripples
12. Fortunes
13. Jagwa
14. Papi luwe
15. Samanja
16. New masquerade
17. Maganan gerinchi

2 Likes

Re: Your Favorite TV Series From The 90's by paschalndidi(m): 6:30am On Dec 28, 2013
Checkmate, Behind the cloud, Fugi house of commotion. I could also one yoruba soap opera, but i can't remember the title but had casts like adeola, abija, ogunjimi. It was interesting. I could remember when our tv got damaged and i was going to iya alata's place just to peep through the window
Re: Your Favorite TV Series From The 90's by Tobe4vic: 6:43am On Dec 28, 2013
JUMBO
MAGIC SCHOOL BUS

Re: Your Favorite TV Series From The 90's by debayun(m): 7:46am On Dec 28, 2013
I love d TV series mentioned so far but no 1 as talked about Charlie boy show
Re: Your Favorite TV Series From The 90's by gaburiel(m): 8:13am On Dec 28, 2013
How manage nobody mentioned Winds of Destiny, Sam Loco Efe as Chief Batikan and Said Balogun. I think it aired 96/97 after "after the storm"
Re: Your Favorite TV Series From The 90's by sweettease(f): 9:05am On Dec 28, 2013
duni04:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7CgdBzA87c
happy reminiscing smiley
Thank you! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Your Favorite TV Series From The 90's by duni04(m): 9:31am On Dec 28, 2013
sweet-tease:

Thank you! cheesy
smiley
Re: Your Favorite TV Series From The 90's by joywendy(f): 9:37am On Dec 28, 2013
tom and jerry grin, Barney,Early edition, touched by an angel...etc
Re: Your Favorite TV Series From The 90's by duni04(m): 9:37am On Dec 28, 2013
kokoA: Smh.. If I was given the opportunity to go back in time to the days of my innocence, I would have done a lot of things differently. ****sad face*** Anyway, here's my list.

Foreign Sitcoms
1. Fresh prince of bel-air (My all time best)
2. Family matters
3. Some mothers do have them (Mr. Spencer .. Lol)
4. Mind your language

Foreign crime series
1. Moonlighting (Bruce Willis at his best)
2. Dempsey and Makepeace
3. Dan August
4. A-Team
5. The protector

Mexican Soap-operas
1. Wild Rose
2. Lady of the rose
3. Maria de los-angelus
4. No one but you

Fresh prince of Bel-air is on almost everyday on SONY tv. Mr spencer the hilarious klutz! Saw an entire episode on youtube yesterday thanks to this thread. smiley
Re: Your Favorite TV Series From The 90's by UjSizzle(f): 9:42am On Dec 28, 2013
y-fo:

*clears throat...oya pick wedding date shap shap angry

#on another note....adds her to his crush list
29th Feb 2014 wink
Re: Your Favorite TV Series From The 90's by oddysey(m): 9:59am On Dec 28, 2013
T[b]his is the story of an ordinary teddy bear. When he was made, they found something wrong with him and threw him away like a piece of rubbish into an old dark storeroom.

Then, from outer space, a spotty man brought him to life with his cosmic dust. He took him to a magic draught, where mother nature gave him special powers.

That bear became...........
Re: Your Favorite TV Series From The 90's by edi287: 10:09am On Dec 28, 2013
Where do i start??....Dbz, generations, backstage, yizo-yizo, tales by moonlight, keenan and kel, power rangers, pokemon, digimon, X-Files, csi, spiderman, all that, hey arnold, papa ajasco, alias, angel, buffy the vampire slayer, curb your enthusiasm, martin, king of queens, dave chappelle show, voltron....i could go on forever. The 90s was the ish for me, new school sucks.
Re: Your Favorite TV Series From The 90's by e9teen(m): 10:16am On Dec 28, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOn2DZPJskE&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DxOn2DZPJskE
grin grin grin chuckle hounds a.k.a po po po(name given to it my me and my siblings from the soundtrack)

Re: Your Favorite TV Series From The 90's by revolt(m): 10:17am On Dec 28, 2013
oddysey: T[b]his is the story of an ordinary teddy bear. When he was made, they found something wrong with him and threw him away like a piece of rubbish into an old dark storeroom.

Then, from outer space, a spotty man brought him to life with his cosmic dust. He took him to a magic draught, where mother nature gave him special powers.

That bear became...........
super teeeeeeeeeeeereeeeeeed........ what happened to tex
Re: Your Favorite TV Series From The 90's by Odionastron: 10:26am On Dec 28, 2013
u guys are great. tnx for bringing us down memory lane. my additions are

issarra the slave girl
kinta kinte
voltron,superted
a british film with instruments that plays 'alo-alo'. wish someone could get d name.
things fall apart
dodo-the kid from outer space
the little prince

but we seem to remember programs that were aired as far back as late 1980's and early 1990s.
what about the 60s and 70s?
who can explain? is it that there were no tv's or peeps have been watching these same series we've been mentioning?
Re: Your Favorite TV Series From The 90's by duni04(m): 10:29am On Dec 28, 2013
e9teen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOn2DZPJskE&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DxOn2DZPJskE
grin grin grin chuckle hounds a.k.a po po po(name given to it my me and my siblings from the soundtrack)
i rmemba this smiley
Re: Your Favorite TV Series From The 90's by jcprince: 10:37am On Dec 28, 2013
motown with jackson 5 cool
Re: Your Favorite TV Series From The 90's by e9teen(m): 10:45am On Dec 28, 2013
grin grin grin grin Go go gadget helicopter! Inspector Gadget.
Thomas and the truck!
Chaiio.....man don old o! cry cry

Re: Your Favorite TV Series From The 90's by sbioks1: 10:59am On Dec 28, 2013
Behinde the cloud by nosa efe and bayo 1990 film
Re: Your Favorite TV Series From The 90's by yfo: 1:50pm On Dec 28, 2013
uj_sizzle:
29th Feb 2014 wink

seems watching american movies has blessed u with their witty comebacks bah angry cheesy
Re: Your Favorite TV Series From The 90's by gulfer: 1:59pm On Dec 28, 2013
Von Bismark:
secret of the sand, u re on target, we rarely missed any episode back then.
Secrets of the Sound; you meant !!!
Re: Your Favorite TV Series From The 90's by DollarmanAluta: 3:26pm On Dec 28, 2013
I remember the following:

Things Fall Apart
Behind the Cloud
Checkmate
The Rich also cry
Secret of the Sands
Dr Who
Superted

The list goes on.....
Re: Your Favorite TV Series From The 90's by UjSizzle(f): 4:30pm On Dec 28, 2013
y-fo:

seems watching american movies has blessed u with their witty comebacks bah angry cheesy
Don't frown so much, wrinkles are real smiley

1 Like

Re: Your Favorite TV Series From The 90's by kaybeela: 10:28pm On Dec 28, 2013
Deolaw: Tales by moonlight: No kid played with this show. It was a show where our culture of telling folk tales at night was aired. You should remember the disguise dressings. Hehehe.
But unfortunately the tape was claimed to be stolen.

Storyland: I won't talk much about this but you should be humming the theme now. Lol. To me I couldn't get the lyrics. I was like...
Storyland Storyland
Baba dudu come along
Storyland Storyland
You can stay along

Storyland, storyland,
Pack ur tins nd come along,
Storyland, storyland,
Bring ur friends along.
Re: Your Favorite TV Series From The 90's by kaybeela: 11:34pm On Dec 28, 2013
ony073: D secret of d sand, I still remember dose names dere tew : marcos,ruth and raqual(twins)mr donato,tonio daluwa and dt naughty sister of marcos et.c.

malu asancow, d daughter of Vigirlo asancow
Re: Your Favorite TV Series From The 90's by Sylvaxxl(m): 12:37am On Dec 29, 2013
wow u guys av driven me crazy. for dis I must comment.
I'll try n say those which av not been said mixing it both film n cartoon

donky Kong(on channels)

area c( saky's first tv program)

jetsons

bold n beautiful

my wife n kids

silver hulk( silveeeeeeeer hulk)

guiness action time( Michael power)

palace(a Nigerian series )

candle light( nigerian series)

ed edd n eddy

captain planet

kuntakunte

scrap palace

wild cats

catch d pigeon

junior debate

I can remember d song of a program on ait but can't remember d name: educate ur mind, d mind is a terrible thing to waste.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Day They Came (A Short Sci-fi Film) / Letter To Nollywood / Top 10 Real-life Wrestling Couples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.