Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,099 members, 7,814,861 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Silverbird Man Of The Year Award, Now Political? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Silverbird Man Of The Year Award, Now Political? (1376 Views)

Resign Now, Political Party Tells Buratai / Emmanuel Uduaghan Receives Silverbird Man Of The Year Award / Who Wins Silverbird Man Of The Year 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Silverbird Man Of The Year Award, Now Political? by Cuche: 9:52am On Dec 23, 2013
I think it is hightime media houses aligned with the people and became a tool for societal transformation.
Silverbird man of the year award nominations has left me wandering if this establishment is really out to contribute to the transformation of the country, to encourage public office holders to impact positively on the lives of the citizens.
For want of space, I will not delve much into the memory lane but let me highlight just two instances. First, Mrs. Funke Osibudu was nominated by this same organization as the best thing in the Banking Sector, they sited her quality leadership at Union Bank Plc. The award was coming at a time when she was at loggerhead with the Staff Union, In fact, her battle with the Unions brought to fore a lot of financial mismanagement on her part. She was believed to be working for some unknown subjects in a bid to crash the market value of Union Bank and then Selling it very cheap to these unknowns.
While Union Bank was painted as not having enough financial muscle to meet its obligations culminating in reckless dismissal of staff, Mrs. Osibudu's moribund shipping business jumped back to life with the acquisition of new vessels running into billions of naira. It might interest you to know that before her ascension to the MD of Union Bank Plc that the shipping company was only a registration with cooperate affairs commission on her husband's name. The headquarters of the company looked like a Pool Shop. At that time, under her "quality" leadership the bank was awarding internal contracts of over-bloated sum. She also purchased choice property in Lagos and Abuja, got for herself two bullet proof luxury cars and moved around town with a full squadron of Mopol . Today she is a regular guest of the anti-graft commissions.
Now, Mr. Peter Obi is nominated as the best thing to happen to the area of Governance, for his developmental strides in Anambra and for creating unrivalled stability in the state. I keep asking myself in this category why not Akpabio, Fashola, Kwankwaso, Wammako, Amaechi even Uduaghan, Why Obi? The same Obi who has succeeded in building multi-billion dollars businesses for himself (since he became governor) within and outside the country to the detriment of developing Anambra State Take a good look at the streets of Awka, Onitsha, Nkpor, Nnewi, how many are tarred? How many of these places have pipe born water? How many of Anambra State citizens are studying overseas on State Government Scholarship? None.
How is Silverbird nominations made? How much is the nomination form? SilverBird communications should strike a balance between business enterprise and being veritable tool for societal transformation
Re: Silverbird Man Of The Year Award, Now Political? by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 23, 2013
Hmmmm
Re: Silverbird Man Of The Year Award, Now Political? by watered(m): 10:09am On Dec 23, 2013
Not just silverbird Man of The Year awards only even the MBGN pageant. Its so sad dat everything is politics for Nigeria and Nigerians.
Re: Silverbird Man Of The Year Award, Now Political? by Joel3(m): 10:36am On Dec 23, 2013
anything involving contest i do not take them seriously. not only in Nigeria but everywhere. there most be hidden agenda here and there for selfish reasons and most time its been Hijack along the line.
Re: Silverbird Man Of The Year Award, Now Political? by Ruq: 10:38am On Dec 23, 2013
watered: Not just silverbird Man of The Year awards only even the MBGN pageant. Its so sad dat everything is politics for Nigeria and Nigerians.

I was going to say the same thing, after Adaeze's win I gave up in that pageant. Plus the man of the year award has been trash since inception. There's really nothing wrong in dishing this particular one out since they call call it Sliverbird Man and not Nigeria's man, the problem is that they try to attempt to treat it like its Nigeria's man of the year award. I just wish they would call the pageant miss silverbird and not MGBN, they're too fuckin bias in their judgement. Damning sycophants.
Re: Silverbird Man Of The Year Award, Now Political? by ayooluniran(m): 10:42am On Dec 23, 2013
Space booked...getting there
Re: Silverbird Man Of The Year Award, Now Political? by Cuche: 2:47pm On Dec 23, 2013
I think SilverBird should focus on news, sports and entertainment. Their Cinema is Ok. and offers other allied services.
Becoming an instrument of cheap popularity in the hands of underperforming public office holders could be costly.
The MBGN shouldn't be sponsored by State Government if they want it to be seen as a fair contest. Eyebrows were raised over the recent peagent sponsored by Bayelsa State and won by a Bayelsa indigene- Miss Anna Banner . She is fine anyway, one can't take that from her.

1 Like

Re: Silverbird Man Of The Year Award, Now Political? by Goddex: 2:51pm On Dec 23, 2013
[size=16pt]OP, you talk down on Obi because he prevented your APC theives - the likes El - Rufai, Gov Ameachi, Aregbesola and his 181 touts who disguised as election observer to rig Anambra elections

Just checked your background. You registered on nairaland on May 10, 2013 and have created 6 threads so far but incidentally all of them are about Peter Obi.

What is your obsession with Peter Obi? Is he the cause of your miserable upbringing?[/size]

6 Likes

Re: Silverbird Man Of The Year Award, Now Political? by Cuche: 3:06pm On Dec 23, 2013
What spectacular thing has Obi done to merit that nomination. If you go to some states you will be ashamed to say you are from Anambra State. Those governors I mentioned should come far before Obi on that list.
Goddex: [size=16pt]OP, you talk down on Obi because he prevented your APC theives - the likes El - Rufai, Gov Ameachi, Aregbesola and his 181 touts who disguised as election observer to rig Anambra elections[/size]
Re: Silverbird Man Of The Year Award, Now Political? by Goddex: 3:15pm On Dec 23, 2013
Cuche: What spectacular thing has Obi done to merit that nomination. If you go to some states you will be ashamed to say you are from Anambra State. Those governors I mentioned should come far before Obi on that list.

[size=16pt]Hahahahahaha. . . you mentioned Wamakko, Kwakwanso etc. So these guys have suddenly turned high performers because they joined APC a month ago?

Hahahahaha, you see your miserable hypocritical life?[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Silverbird Man Of The Year Award, Now Political? by Garrithe1st: 3:19pm On Dec 23, 2013
Goddex:

[size=56pt]Hahahahahaha. . . you mentioned Wamakko, Kwakwanso etc. So these guys have suddenly turned high performers because they joined APC a month ago?

Hahahahaha, you see your miserable hypocritical life?[/size]

Make I help you magnify ur message... MUMU!!

angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Silverbird Man Of The Year Award, Now Political? by Cuche: 5:49pm On Dec 23, 2013
Goddex: [size=16pt]

Just checked your background. You registered on nairaland on May 10, 2013 and have created 6 threads so far but incidentally all of them are about Peter Obi.

What is your obsession with Peter Obi? Is he the cause of your miserable upbringing?[/size]
Goddex! me miserable upbringing Lol
I am confortable; much more than you can imagine
and have access to exclusive informations on the criminals that had besieged Anambra. Are you pleased with the level of development/security in Anambra State? Well, if you are, I am not.

I will investigate the main reason for the inclusion of Obi ahead of better Governors on that man of the year award list. Were they PAID to do that? Anything is possible in this country.
Re: Silverbird Man Of The Year Award, Now Political? by FreeGlobe(f): 6:06pm On Dec 23, 2013
@op, I'm surprised you have any issues with Silverbird communications showing appreciation to their benefactor. Obi has been paying off all organizations in the state (including Catholic bishops, silverbird, private universities etc) in order to seek soft landing for his failed and wasted 8 years so you shouldn't be surprised if some of these organizations turn out to "appreciate him" for his Greek gift. Just compare the irrelevant reason for his nomination with that of other nominated governors and have a good laugh for yourself. its a joke.
Re: Silverbird Man Of The Year Award, Now Political? by FreeGlobe(f): 6:09pm On Dec 23, 2013
Goddex: [size=16pt]OP, you talk down on Obi because he prevented your APC theives - the likes El - Rufai, Gov Ameachi, Aregbesola and his 181 touts who disguised as election observer to rig Anambra elections

We shall see whether the crook stopped Ngige by the time the courts upturn the shambolic election. don't get a decent job and life for yourself. keep washing Obi's dirty laundry in public
Re: Silverbird Man Of The Year Award, Now Political? by Cuche: 8:11am On Dec 24, 2013
At this rate, I will not be Surprised if Prof. Emeka Onukogu (INEC REC for Anambra) is nominated as the best thing in Nigeria's election history. A dishonourable media house little wonder people preferred Channels.tv
Re: Silverbird Man Of The Year Award, Now Political? by gregg2: 8:54am On Dec 24, 2013
Cuche:
Goddex! me miserable upbringing Lol
I am confortable; much more than you can imagine
and have access to exclusive informations on the criminals that had besieged Anambra. Are you pleased with the level of development/security in Anambra State? Well, if you are, I am not.

I will investigate the main reason for the inclusion of Obi ahead of better Governors on that man of the year award list. Were they PAID to do that? Anything is possible in this country.

But answer Goddex's question first. Why is it that all the 6 threads you have created on nairaland are about Peter Obi?

(1) (Reply)

Stop Killing Boko Haram Members – Buhari Tells FG / EXPOSED: Boko Haram, Big Oil And The Chad Connection. Could This Be True? / Deplorable State Of Meiran Road, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.