Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,684 members, 7,823,924 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

Deplorable State Of Meiran Road, Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Deplorable State Of Meiran Road, Lagos (1379 Views)

The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos / Daura Motel: The Only Hotel In Buhari’s Town In Deplorable State / Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deplorable State Of Meiran Road, Lagos by FactorVIII: 6:16am On Oct 07, 2014
This is to bring to the notice of the appropriate authorities, the state of the above named stretch of road.
Construction has been ongoing for over two (2) years and the quality of work done to say the least is totally depressing.
Work has not been done for several months now and the project seems to be an abandoned one.
I will be posting pictures to support my complaint.
PS. Meiran will be grateful if she can get a good road. A concerned Meiran resident.

1 Like

Re: Deplorable State Of Meiran Road, Lagos by FactorVIII: 6:17am On Oct 07, 2014

Re: Deplorable State Of Meiran Road, Lagos by chinwike2(m): 6:58am On Oct 07, 2014
Mr fashola again !

1 Like

Re: Deplorable State Of Meiran Road, Lagos by komek(m): 7:18am On Oct 07, 2014
This is an APC Fashola state o, if PDP does it, all these madt set of youths out of hunger will come here and blab. I am neither for the so called PDP cos they have their own madness. All I want us to know is that our leaders( PDP and APC) have impoverished us so much. All they do is to come to the media to praise themsefs. And those gullible Nigerians who don't make proper investigation before speaking will come and talk nonsense.

This Meiran road is in two phases, one phase has been completed but the other part has not been touched. I know this place very well. This is just one of such projects in Lagos.
Re: Deplorable State Of Meiran Road, Lagos by idupaul: 7:26am On Oct 07, 2014
This road is 500 times better than some roads I know of in Eti Osa ..
Re: Deplorable State Of Meiran Road, Lagos by Nobody: 7:27am On Oct 07, 2014
I have to be very fair here, Fashola needs to put those contractors to check. That Meiran Road is supposed to have been completed last year (2013). I don't have an idea why it is taken so long

1 Like

Re: Deplorable State Of Meiran Road, Lagos by Nobody: 7:33am On Oct 07, 2014
idupaul:
This road is 500 times better than some roads I know of in Eti Osa ..
You are right but you can't expect a government to do the fixes in 8years, however, he has to make considerable progress and hope that his predecessor continues with the leftover projects and fix where is left. This is the story of Lagos, Started by Bola Tinubu, fashola continued with the plan and we should elect someone that won't for political reasons truncate the progress of BAT and BRF.
Re: Deplorable State Of Meiran Road, Lagos by Energito: 7:54am On Oct 07, 2014
You see the problem i have with you people,you and your likes expect GEJ to fix everything in 4years abi?but BRF should not fix his,even with the all the money lagos state has.
barcanista:
You are right but you can't expect a government to do the fixes in 8years, however, he has to make considerable progress and hope that his predecessor continues with the leftover projects and fix where is left. This is the story of Lagos, Started by Bola Tinubu, fashola continued with the plan and we should elect someone that won't for political reasons truncate the progress of BAT and BRF.

2 Likes

Re: Deplorable State Of Meiran Road, Lagos by Idumose(m): 7:58am On Oct 07, 2014
barcanista:
What did Tinubu achieve during his tenure as governor of lagos state?
You know Tinubu well right?
Can you tell this board his achievement? Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Deplorable State Of Meiran Road, Lagos by Nobody: 8:02am On Oct 07, 2014
Idumose:

What did Tinubu achieve during his tenure as governor of lagos state?
You know Tinubu well right?
Can you tell this board his achievement? Thank you.
You obviously have not see the thread I created highlighting some of Tinubu's achievements in all sectors.
https://www.nairaland.com/1921341/bola-ahmed-tinubu-strategist-achiever

Enjoy....
Re: Deplorable State Of Meiran Road, Lagos by koboko69: 8:04am On Oct 07, 2014
That road is in a pathetic sorry state..... The contractors have been working there for too long.....snail speed is even not ideal enough to describe hw slow they have been. The little portion that have been completed is already going bad in just less than a year. Fashola needs to step into this matter.

2 Likes

Re: Deplorable State Of Meiran Road, Lagos by Nobody: 8:07am On Oct 07, 2014
Energito:
You see the problem i have with you people,you and your likes expect GEJ to fix everything in 4years abi?but BRF should not fix his,even with the all the money lagos state has.
barcanista:
however, he has to make considerable progress and hope that his predecessor continues with the leftover projects and fix where is left
. Emphasis on the embold... While a serious government makes progress, a mediocre like Jonathan makes retrogression both in Bayelsa and as President.
Re: Deplorable State Of Meiran Road, Lagos by Idumose(m): 8:30am On Oct 07, 2014
barcanista:
You obviously have not see the thread I created highlighting some of Tinubu's achievements in all sectors.
https://www.nairaland.com/1921341/bola-ahmed-tinubu-strategist-achiever

Enjoy....

Alright bro.
Re: Deplorable State Of Meiran Road, Lagos by Nobody: 8:36am On Oct 07, 2014
Energito:
You see the problem i have with you people, you and your likes expect GEJ to fix everything in 4years abi? but BRF should not fix his,even with the all the money lagos state has.
Tell your 19yrs old daughter to join nairaland. I think she has a lot to contribute to this forum more than you do. She will be ashamed of the bold comment you just made. Explain to her why in 4yrs of Jonathan administration,he cannot fix 50percent of the bad roads in Igbo land.

angry
Re: Deplorable State Of Meiran Road, Lagos by Idumose(m): 8:44am On Oct 07, 2014
berem:
Tell your 19yrs old daughter to join nairaland. I think she has a lot to contribute to this forum more than you do. She will be ashamed of the bold comment you just made. Explain to her why in 4yrs of Jonathan administration,he cannot fix 50percent of the bad roads in Igbo land.

angry
You expect him to fix 50% of igbo road because he is the president of
Ndigbo in aso rock.President Jonathan went to aso rock to represent the
Igbos abi?

1 Like

Re: Deplorable State Of Meiran Road, Lagos by Nobody: 8:56am On Oct 07, 2014
Attimes I regret being a yoruba by d way d so called opportuned elites among us clinch power nd yet they do nting I mean virtually nothing to create a strong benchmark to highlight d indices of being a southwesterner to d whole world....yoruba dat I always know re meant to be forerunners nt bootleggers...virtually all yorubaland is going down d fucking drain by draining d little resources into d pockets of empty few...very stupid myopic tribe...our best colours can only be seen in an owambe party...mad movement called tribe

1 Like

Re: Deplorable State Of Meiran Road, Lagos by Nobody: 8:59am On Oct 07, 2014
Idumose:

You expect him to fix 50% of igbo road because he is the president of
Ndigbo in aso rock.President Jonathan went to aso rock to represent the
Igbos abi?
Idumuose,learn to mind your business. Let the person I quoted reply me. Ogbasaro gi!

angry

(1) (Reply)

Do You Want To Go Back To The Old Ways?-dr Goodluck Jonathan Asked / EXCLUSIVE: Tambuwal Is Tinubu’s ‘plan B’ / INEC Chairman, Jega May Be Imprisoned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.