Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

I Won’t Dignify Jonathan With A Response, Obasanjo Says - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Dignify Jonathan With A Response, Obasanjo Says (3352 Views)

Patience Jonathan With Some Nigerians In Dubai (Photo) / Jonathan With Pastor Lazarus Muoka At The Lord's Chosen Today (photos) / Pictures Of President Goodluck Jonathan With His Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won’t Dignify Jonathan With A Response, Obasanjo Says by joan1: 3:44pm On Dec 23, 2013
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo, said on Monday he would not dignify President Goodluck Jonathan’s letter to him with a reply, stating that he had performed his duty to the president, the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, and Nigeria with his December 2 letter.

Mr. Obasanjo, who spoke through his aide, Tunde Oladunjoye, at a press conference at the former president’s Hilltop residence in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital, said although had received several requests from local and international media, asking him to respond to the president’s letter, he would prefer to keep his promise in his letter to maintain silence.

The former president had in an 18-page letter to Mr. Jonathan accused the president of failing to deliver on his electoral promises, promote national unity, check corruption and strengthen national security.

He also accused the president of planning to renege on his promise to spend one term of four years in office and of training a killer squad ahead of the 2015 general elections.

Mr. Obasanjo added in the letter, which he also shared with some past leaders, that he was ready for whaterver backlash his letter would provoke from the Presidency.

In his reply to Mr. Obasanjo’s letter, the president, in a letter dated December 20, slammed the former president, describing his (Obasanjo) letter to him as “distinctly ominuous.”

Mr. Jonathan, who listed 10 reasons for replying Mr. Obasanjo, said the former president’s letter was an attempt to instigate people from other regions against him and cause disaffection within the ruling Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.
http://premiumtimesng.com/news/151939-breaking-wont-dignify-jonathan-response-obasanjo-says.html

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Dignify Jonathan With A Response, Obasanjo Says by Nobody: 3:47pm On Dec 23, 2013
Baba is not interested in GEJ response for sure.......

GEJ should rather work to be a better President as Baba advised...just keeping faith with page 14 of his letter to GEJ...:

“I will maintain my serenity, because by this letter I have done my duty to you as I have always done, to your government, to the party, PDP, and to our country, Nigeria.”
Re: I Won’t Dignify Jonathan With A Response, Obasanjo Says by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 23, 2013
I would have demanded obj's response if gej had responded to issues in his own reply. Any na pdp matter. It doesn't cosign me grin
Re: I Won’t Dignify Jonathan With A Response, Obasanjo Says by ceo4eva: 4:03pm On Dec 23, 2013
Alright
I still remain doubtful of these two politicians. I wouldn't blame GEJ more because he was handpicked by 'Saint' OBJ. GEJ has his own shortcomings, especially the lacklustre way he's handling corruption issues, but he still remains better than OBJ. OBJ is only pretending to be the 'Holy One'.

9 Likes

Re: I Won’t Dignify Jonathan With A Response, Obasanjo Says by slimghost(m): 4:19pm On Dec 23, 2013
Who wants a response from a self serving retar.d? Nigerians really don't care!!!

14 Likes

Re: I Won’t Dignify Jonathan With A Response, Obasanjo Says by Nobody: 4:23pm On Dec 23, 2013
We know his antics. Obj is going to rush to the foreign media to grant interviews, where he would pontificate over the state of affairs ; coughing intermitently while he is at it, swaying his chair from side to side with his palms interlocked and resting on his lap ; generally cutting the image of the proverbial prophet that is not respected at home.

I bet he didn't expect GEJ was gonna hit him below the belt. He might be wary of the things GEJ would expose about him, if he decides to take the route afore- mentioned.

6 Likes

Re: I Won’t Dignify Jonathan With A Response, Obasanjo Says by ckkris: 4:39pm On Dec 23, 2013
Obasanjo should reply Iyabo's letter, then provide evidence for the allegations against President Jonathan.

12 Likes

Re: I Won’t Dignify Jonathan With A Response, Obasanjo Says by donphilopus: 4:45pm On Dec 23, 2013
ceo4eva: Alright
I know when it gets to the FrontPage, you'll come back and modify this post, just to get "Likes"! I know you can support your enemies just to get "Likes" from Nairalanders.

11 Likes

Re: I Won’t Dignify Jonathan With A Response, Obasanjo Says by donphilopus: 4:47pm On Dec 23, 2013
slimghost: Who wants a response from a self serving retar.d? Nigerians really don't care!!!
A retardeen dignified a retar.d with a response, but the same retar.d has disagreed to dignify the retarden with a response, because he beneaths him.

3 Likes

Re: I Won’t Dignify Jonathan With A Response, Obasanjo Says by Goddex: 4:56pm On Dec 23, 2013
[size=16pt]OBJ is jealous that GEJ will eventually outshine him. Has any Nigerian President been able to beat this?

1) Between 1999 and 2007, OBJ attracted $24b in FDI but just under 3yrs GEJ has attracted over $25b and still counting . . .

2) From independence to 2010, Nigeria made it to the UN Security Council only thrice but under just three years of GEJ we've been elected twice.

3) 12 brand new Universities have been established by a three year old administration[/size]

21 Likes

Re: I Won’t Dignify Jonathan With A Response, Obasanjo Says by Goddex: 5:01pm On Dec 23, 2013
[size=16pt]By the way, when will he respond to Iyabo's letter?[/size]

11 Likes

Re: I Won’t Dignify Jonathan With A Response, Obasanjo Says by slimghost(m): 5:14pm On Dec 23, 2013
donphilopus: A retardeen dignified a retar.d with a response, but the same retar.d has disagreed to dignify the retarden with a response, because he beneaths him.

cheesy cheesy. I wont join issues with you my man. Just leave me let me tell that ape some truth. He is not God and will never be! He has been demystified and he should go and rest.

3 Likes

Re: I Won’t Dignify Jonathan With A Response, Obasanjo Says by NgeneUkwenu(f): 5:16pm On Dec 23, 2013
donphilopus: I know when it gets to the FrontPage, you'll come back and modify this post, just to get "Likes"! I know you can support your enemies just to get "Likes" from Nairalanders.

The guy is definitely a kid! He thrives on "Likes"

The same guy that said Jonathan breeds and nurtures Corruption on the Obasanjo letter and got 543likes turned around on Jonathan letter and declared him the winner with 400likes;

The kid is pathetic.

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Dignify Jonathan With A Response, Obasanjo Says by Gorrbachev: 5:20pm On Dec 23, 2013
Goddex: [size=16pt]By the way, when will he respond to Iyabo's letter?[/size]

Iyabo's letter is not a national issue. OBJ raised his children well like every other Nigerian child. no special privileges where there personal security beat up ordinary Nigerians or them flying allover the world in private jets.

OBJ trained Iyabo well, but she refused to be thought or learn. Iyabo is bitter because, OBJ did not allow them live the life at the expense of Nigeria. That's why he is called Baba. tongue tongue tongue grin grin grin grin
Re: I Won’t Dignify Jonathan With A Response, Obasanjo Says by NgeneUkwenu(f): 5:20pm On Dec 23, 2013
slimghost:

cheesy cheesy. I wont join issues with you my man. Just leave me let me tell that ape some truth. He is not God and will never be! He has been demystified and he should go and rest.

You people are digging Jonathan's political grave. For your information, election has already been done. Nigerians are just waiting to stamp it in 2015.
Re: I Won’t Dignify Jonathan With A Response, Obasanjo Says by gregg2: 5:22pm On Dec 23, 2013
Let's be honest, OBJ does not have anything more to say else he exposes himself the more. The best thing is to remain silent. Baba but try reply your daughter sha

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Dignify Jonathan With A Response, Obasanjo Says by ceo4eva: 5:23pm On Dec 23, 2013
Ngene-Ukwenu:

The same guy that said Jonathan breeds and nurtures Corruption on the Obasanjo letter and got 543likes turned around on Jonathan letter and declared him the winner with 400likes;

The kid is pathetic.

Bro, u should have made ur point without adding insults. U shouldn't be moved by the no of 'likes' I do get but avoid being biased when analysing issues.
I remain neutral and objective while looking at issues. I'm neither an APC or PDP supporter. To me, both are of the same breed, but I detest when one group is trying to portray holier-than-thou attitude. I promise to serve u better in 2014. Thank You.

11 Likes

Re: I Won’t Dignify Jonathan With A Response, Obasanjo Says by Pukkah: 5:28pm On Dec 23, 2013
The difference between one and the other is like the difference between six and half a dozen.

One is deaf and the other is dumb.

Nigeria is an unlucky country in terms of leadership.

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Dignify Jonathan With A Response, Obasanjo Says by ceo4eva: 5:32pm On Dec 23, 2013
donphilopus: I know when it gets to the FrontPage, you'll come back and modify this post, just to get "Likes"! I know you can support your enemies just to get "Likes" from Nairalanders.
Bro, these politicians care little or less about the masses. I work in a govt circle, so I know what I'm talking about. I strive to remain neutral and objective when I approach issues. I'll advise u to overlook my no. of likes and look at the matter at hand critically.

6 Likes

Re: I Won’t Dignify Jonathan With A Response, Obasanjo Says by Obiagu1(m): 5:39pm On Dec 23, 2013
I knew it. cheesy cheesy cheesy

He has been writing letters to the President.
Now that the President has nullified all his claims while indirectly calling him clueless, murderer, thief, etc, he wants to sheath his sword.

Why not react and the next thing he'll get is jail time.

6 Likes

Re: I Won’t Dignify Jonathan With A Response, Obasanjo Says by donphilopus: 5:41pm On Dec 23, 2013
Ngene-Ukwenu:

The kid is pathetic.

The guy is just too funny! The other day, he was requesting for likes on a thread about LG in Edo state, where their legislators and Chairman went to Italy, by saying "Click like if you believe APC is seeking an Underserved attention", the same guy blasted Shepopotemus, when she said; we should be referring to her as "Mama Piss", with the grammers he doesn't understand! Only God will save him from the spirit of LIKES. We only request for LIKES in Sports section.

8 Likes

Re: I Won’t Dignify Jonathan With A Response, Obasanjo Says by donphilopus: 5:42pm On Dec 23, 2013
ceo4eva:
Bro, these politicians care little or less about the masses. I strive to remain neutral and objective when I approach issues. I'll advise u to overlook my no. of likes and look at the matter at hand critically.
Ok bro!

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Dignify Jonathan With A Response, Obasanjo Says by fagbalex(m): 5:43pm On Dec 23, 2013
slimghost: Who wants a response from a self serving retar.d? Nigerians really don't care!!!

if you don't care we care so stop generalizing because we know your antics and your dull clueless Jonathan.
Re: I Won’t Dignify Jonathan With A Response, Obasanjo Says by Onlytruth(m): 5:45pm On Dec 23, 2013
I think that he is scared of responding this time, after getting a thorough lecture in GEJ's reply. The old ape of Ota is a natural born coward and knows when to quietly tuck his tail between his legs and run.
I remember when he came in newly as civilian president in 1999. He kept leaving the country CONSTANTLY to test the anti-coup mechanisms he put in place to ensure they are working. He wanted to be safely out of the country should any coup happen. Nigerians tagged him "away president" those days. It was TY Danjuma that held the forte in the coward's absence.

Something tells me that GEJ may be planning something for that evil man, and he got a wind of it. There are many subtle accusations from GEJ against Obasanjo in his reply. He must have seen the handwriting on the wall.

I really hope that GEJ is using Teddy Rosevelt's style : Speak softly, but carry a big stick! cool

9 Likes

Re: I Won’t Dignify Jonathan With A Response, Obasanjo Says by ceo4eva: 5:46pm On Dec 23, 2013
donphilopus: The guy is just too funny! The other day, he was requesting for likes on a thread about LG in Edo state, where their legislators and Chairman went to Italy, by saying "Click like if you believe APC is seeking an Underserved attention", the same guy blasted Shepopotemus, when she said; we should be referring to her as "Mama Piss", with the grammers he doesn't understand! Only God will save him from the spirit of LIKES. We only request for LIKES in Sports section.
Wow! it's nice to know I've got a lot of followers here. People who care about my posts on Nairaland. I really appreciate ur following me. I promise to do more in 2014 so u can still enjoy following me. Thank You.

5 Likes

Re: I Won’t Dignify Jonathan With A Response, Obasanjo Says by omenka(m): 5:48pm On Dec 23, 2013
It is just hours before christmas. I may as well steer clear comenting in the politics section of this forum to avoid unnecesary provocation by lies and outright stewpidity.
Re: I Won’t Dignify Jonathan With A Response, Obasanjo Says by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 23, 2013
Obasanjo needs to make bold his claim, and take matters through to a logical conclusion. Why stop now, after setting the cat among the pigeons?

I stand by my letter to Jonathan — Obj

23/12/2013

•Ex-President says ‘I have proof of my allegations’

The war of words between former President Olusegun Obasanjo and his estranged political godson, incumbent President Goodluck Jonathan, worsened over the weekend, with Obasanjo insisting that he stands by the allegations he made against Jonathan in his controversial open letter of December 2, 2013.

Jonathan had rejected Obasanjo’s weighty allegations in his reply dated December 20 but Obasanjo the next day told a select group of visiting All Progressives Congress (APC) leaders that he stood by the issues he raised in his letter.

“He said he wrote the letter in the larger interest of the survival of Nigeria and its democracy, contrary to the notion that he was self-seeking,” according to a report this morning in The Nation.

Obasanjo’s letter contained many allegations, including that Jonathan was training snipers. “The former President, according to sources, said he was ready to prove the allegations,” The Nation reported.

It sad that Obasanjo reportedly opened up to some top leaders of the APC at a closed-door session in Abeokuta.

“It was gathered that although the ex-President had warmly received all members of the entourage, he bared his mind to select few on the state of the nation,” the paper said.

It quoted an anonymous source as saying: “After the initial obeisance, banters, and the purpose of the APC mission, the ex-President had audience with a group of six or seven leaders.

“He told them that he believed in what he wrote and he had no regrets for doing so. He said he was not ‘self-seeking’ in writing President Jonathan.

“The ex-President also told the team that ‘if it is necessary, I will provide evidence on some of the issues. I have my facts.’ ”

The Nation quoted another unnamed source as saying that Obasanjo’s body language was a “bit stronger on his point on snipers but he did not go into details.”

The source quoted Obasanjo as saying: “I did not write the letter to curry favour or seek undue attention but at my age, I should talk when things are going wrong. I am not on a self-seeking mission.”

Jonathan in his reply released last night had accused Obasanjo of writing the open letter with an ulterior motive, saying: “Let me state that you have done me grave injustice with your public letter in which you wrongfully accused me of deceit, deception, dishonesty, incompetence, clannishness, divisiveness and insincerity, amongst other ills.”

•Photo shows ex-President Obasanjo.

Source News Express

Source: http://www.newsexpressngr.com
Re: I Won’t Dignify Jonathan With A Response, Obasanjo Says by PointB: 6:04pm On Dec 23, 2013
ckkris: Obasanjo should reply Iyabo's letter, then provide evidence for the allegations against President Jonathan.

That would make an interesting read.

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Dignify Jonathan With A Response, Obasanjo Says by NgeneUkwenu(f): 6:06pm On Dec 23, 2013
ceo4eva:
Bro, u should have made ur point without adding insults. U shouldn't be moved by the no of 'likes' I do get but avoid being biased when analysing issues.
I remain neutral and objective while looking at issues. I'm neither an APC or PDP supporter. To me both are of the same breed, but I detest when one group is trying to portray holier-than-thou attitude. I promise to serve u better in 2014. Thank You.

Never quote me in your life time again. I don't deal with unsteady characters angry

4 Likes

Re: I Won’t Dignify Jonathan With A Response, Obasanjo Says by Obiagu1(m): 6:10pm On Dec 23, 2013
The fact remains that GEJ is the best President in Nigeria ever!

He is not what we all wished he would be but he is still miles ahead of all those jokes that ruled over us.

3 Likes

Re: I Won’t Dignify Jonathan With A Response, Obasanjo Says by Nobody: 6:10pm On Dec 23, 2013
There is a lot Obasanjo knows that he's not telling us. He wrote the letter few days after meeting former Prime Minister of Britain in his private bedroom in London. The said meeting last for about six hours. Tony Blair was a CIA agent........
Re: I Won’t Dignify Jonathan With A Response, Obasanjo Says by Gorrbachev: 6:13pm On Dec 23, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Policemen Kill Detainees And Sell Bodies To UNICAL Anatomy Department / Jonathan •says, ‘PDP Can’t Lose Any State If I Manipulate Election’ / Abia Guber: Aba Residents Revolt, Boo, Stone PDP Guber Candidate!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.