Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,924 members, 7,817,707 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

4 Helpful Ways To Help Stop Bullying - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 4 Helpful Ways To Help Stop Bullying (1939 Views)

4 Helpful Ways To Help Stop Bullying / Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why / High School Bullying...A Victim Or The Oppressor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Helpful Ways To Help Stop Bullying by Sallotti: 3:22pm On Dec 27, 2013
deasy:

@mgbeketoto
U made mention of two things I'd like you to explain;
You said some kids ain't ready yet for this wicked world...Do u mean here that some kids strong naturally while some are weaklings naturally?

mgbeketoto replies as Sallotti. . . . cool

I think I have stated clearly what I would do.
One thing that helped my growing up as a child was that MY FATHER NEVER ALLOWED US TO ASSOCIATE WITH COMMONERS!
Bullies included. The reason we are all strong today is because. . .our childhood experiences remained free from negative influences.
If you encourage your children to respond to bullies. . . YOU ARE A RIFF-RAFF YOURSELF. kiss

Dealing with bullies is a like dealing with domestic violence from children who have been exposed to domestic violence! kiss

And that these weak ones should be protect by there parent by all cost...So, if this weak kid is bullied in one school,you prefer taking him/her away to another school again, will you still take to another one?

Like I stated somewhere. . . -As children, WE WERE NEVER EXPOSED TO RIFF-RAFFS AND LOWLIVES!!!! By the time we had left the house, we had been too sheltered to acquire 'riff-raff' mentalities. We had developed the mentalities of well-adjusted HUMANS.

Rather than allow my children to be exposed to such riff-raffs. . . I will relocate from such an area. kiss

Unfortunately for most of you. . . you fail to understand that avoiding confrontation is not a sign of weakness till someone ends up dead!
You will learn the hard way. . . . WHEN YOU GET TO BE PARENTS AND REALIZE HOW MANY CHILDREN HAVE TURNED TO SERIAL KILLERS BECAUSE OF RIFF-RAFFS AKA BULLIES.

I refuse to allow my kids grow up with such TOUTS! kiss YES!!! I WIL!L KEEP MOVING. . . BECAUSE I UNDERSTAND WHAT KIND OF DAMAGE THE MENTALITIES OF BULLIES CAN HAVE ON THE FRAGILE SENSIBILITIES OF A CHILD! kiss

If he or she is bullied in A NEW school. . . chances are that my child must be attracting the wrong attention. BULLIES ARE NOT LIKE LIGHTNING. . . . THEY NEVER STRIKE TWICE ON THE SAME SPOT! kiss

PUSH COME TO SHOVE. . . I WILL KEEP MY KIDS AT HOME AND HOME-SCHOOL THEM MYSELF.

In Nigeria. . . .BULLIES KNOW WHAT KIND OF CHILDREN TO MESS WITH. . . .my family name alone will not allow such nonentities to come near us. . . .UNLESS YOU WANT THE KID DEAD. The reason I try to walk. . . BEFORE I DO SOMETHING I WOULD REGRET. kiss

Haba! Ever heard of OBJ'S KID OR ANENIH'S KID COMPLAINING ABOUT BULLYING? grin Bullies know their targets ke. . . . .YOU DARE NOT! You can only try such nonsense as FACELESS COWARDS ON NL OR ON THE INTERNET. cool

Make my pickin reach school. . . make dem tell the bully who be her papa and mama. . . make I see where the 'bully' go pass!!!! I DEY LAUGH!!!!! cheesy

Please. . . I want my children to remain AJEBUTTERS. . . NOT KPAKOROROS WHO MOVE AROUND IN CULTS AKA BULLIES!!!

A BULLY'S WORLD IS A PARENT'S WAR. . . IF PARENTS ALLOW THEIR CHILDREN TO CONFRONT SUCH DREGS OF SOCIETY. . . THE APPLE DID NOT FALL TOO FAR FROM THE TREE.

I will pass! kiss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt-ySTx3xH8

SEE THE LIVES OF BULLIED CHILDREN. . . .TUFIAAAAAAAAAAKWA!!!!! kiss
When they go crazy in the future. . . they will say they are joining ISLAM. HA! grin
Re: 4 Helpful Ways To Help Stop Bullying by Nobody: 3:32pm On Dec 27, 2013
I'll rather Salloti's method for my kids.
Re: 4 Helpful Ways To Help Stop Bullying by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 27, 2013
^^ LoL

When was the last time calloti raised little kids? We are talking about Today and not decades ago. Kids have grown wilder I tell ya regardless of how ajebutter they seem to be.

Visit the best private school with high end kids ( professionals , name it) yet they still bully themselves. What do you call that en?

I agree to method of her walking away After warning the bully to respect her space.

How many days in a year would a parent go in and report to the Authority? That alone even possess the kid as baby to his/her peers and subject the kid further to bully's trap (Bully will say- what are you gonna do? Call your mommy to call the principal?)

Sometimes I mull over the thot of raising kids a bit more ajekpako a good idea just because of this Bully issue.

It's a wild world filled with diverse personalities from diff background out there.
Re: 4 Helpful Ways To Help Stop Bullying by Nobody: 4:55pm On Dec 27, 2013
deasy:

Wow!
Fight back and facing your fears changed you ooo...anyway it's you now.
yes na
Re: 4 Helpful Ways To Help Stop Bullying by Sallotti: 5:03pm On Dec 27, 2013
Ewuro707: ^^ LoL

When was the last time calloti raised little kids? We are talking about Today and not decades ago. Kids have grown wilder I tell ya regardless of how ajebutter they seem to be.

Visit the best private school with high end kids ( professionals , name it) yet they still bully themselves. What do you call that en?

I agree to method of her walking away After warning the bully to respect her space.

How many days in a year would a parent go in and report to the Authority? That alone even possess the kid as baby to his/her peers and subject the kid further to bully's trap (Bully will say- what are you gonna do? Call your mommy to call the principal?)

Sometimes I mull over the thot of raising kids a bit more ajekpako a good idea just because of this Bully issue.

It's a wild world filled with diverse personalities from diff background out there.

Abeg you. . . .JIDEGIRL OR WHATEVER YOU CALL YOURSELF now and forever.
Don't address me OR REFER TO ME.
Face the topic.
Thank you! kiss

I tactfully side-stepped further exchanges with kulyie for a reason. . . I REPLIED THE ORIGINAL POSTER. . . POLYMONIKERER OR NOT. . . legitmate questions were asked and I answered.

I AM NOT IN COMPETITION WITH YOU.
Abeg. . .you nor see me. . .i nor see you!
Happy 2014-3014 coming up! kiss

o da bo!

GREAT THREAD. . . .

Topic unfollowed! cool
Re: 4 Helpful Ways To Help Stop Bullying by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 27, 2013
Great! Just stating the obvious reality.

O da bo kiss kiss

Besides I can refer to ANYBODY on here now and forever.
Re: 4 Helpful Ways To Help Stop Bullying by Nobody: 5:13pm On Dec 27, 2013
deasy: Bullying! Bullying!! Bullying!!!
Do you wanna know how to stop this?
If Yes, then this article is for YOU only.
Make sure you read from start to the end...

Bullying is always a serious issue, every parent must be fully prepared for it because its a normal and natural occurrence,is part of our nature and get this...it's not our fault or the child's fault,if they get bullied, we should acknowledge this!

Bullying in my own view as just only 2(two) types,we have; The Physical Bullying and
The Verbal Bullying.
Both can be done either by an individual(a kid) or a group(a gang of kids).I so much believe that kids who involve in bullying others are troubled ones,they kids who are facing a lot of troubles at home,which they can't handle,some have bottled up a lot of pains from what they've gone through and this have affected their emotions. So in order to express their feelings,share,mingle and to create awareness among their fellows is kinda difficult for them,instead of being positive they go negative with others. This is another parenting issue on is own.

Actions such as,picking on a fellow,demeaning,shoving,pushing etc are done in various places especially in schools and in the neighborhood where no adult sees it...this is what makes bullying a hard issue to tackle. Yet you must tackle it!

Most parent, do use this Traditional Method to stop bullying,traditional methods such as;
1. Telling Your kids To Never Mind Or Ignore Bullying,
2. Fighting Or Hit Back Bullying, and
3. Challenging the kid that bullied or their parent.
Truly this methods do work but it does live a mark in a little kid's life for God knows how long!
Imagine, a kid who as been trained on how to ignore bullying and not to worry about it...and such kids will keep on going through this pains and hurt from his or her fellow. Or a child who as been trained on how fight back whenever he/she is been bullied. Or you do help your kids fight back and challenge the kid who bullied or their parent...what do you think both kids will become?
What kinda atmosphere do you think you are creating for your kid and yourself?
To me, both kids will arbor pains in themselves,including you...The ignoring bully kid might one day commit suicide when it's too much while The fight back kid, will definitely become a bully too (because of too much aggression in defense whenever been bullied). And for the involving parent,who do challenge the kid that bullied or their parent, this might create a strong lasting enmity between your kid and the other kid even between you parents too!
So,I don't use this methods...will you?

Here Are 4 Helpful Ways To Stop Bullying

1.Respond To Your Child's Feelings: If your child is being bullied,let your child know that you do care about their feelings and value their life as well. This alone,will give your child hope and even courage for solution because they have someone they can rely on,someone who they can share what they feel in the inside with...teenagers wants to know that they've being heard and that their feelings matter but this depends on the kind of Parent-Child relationship you've built.
This will then bring up the step of what you both will do to stop the bullying.

2.Report To The Authorities: Here after responding to your child's feelings, you have to do something...so,go ahead and prove it to them that you care and value them...Take note of caution, don't do this with anger or aggressiveness because it will send a wrong message to your child and it will not help stop the bullying but make it worse!
Approaching the Authorities (I mean School authorities or the other parent directly) should be done in a very mature way. The way you approach really matters,when you approach some people while you're angry, you might inflict them with it and this will bring more problem. Try as best as you can to ease you anger and pain on what had happen to your child. Though, is gonna be easy...just keep your sanity!
(Responding to your child's feelings and reporting to the authorities are actions you must take)

3.Teach Your kid To Stand Up For Themselves: The reason why most kid get bullied is For Being Different. So,teach them these;
(A) to look naturally confident and self-assured,
(B) have good self-esteem,
(C) how to care about their appearance ( to be well presented) and
(D) to use eye contact.
I assure this will help them a lot!

4. Empower them-(Positive Peer Group): To me, this is very helpful when you're not around or far away. It's also a very helpful tool to stop bullying for care givers such as, Teachers,Proprietors etc.
At times,when you report to schools authorities about bullying you find out it doesn't stop,don't blame them bullying reports is just too much. In fact,most schools don't permit kids to fight back or defend themselves when bullied.
So,teach or empower them to stop bullying themselves. How you ask?
It's simple,just tell them to work/walk in group...its like having or creating a PRIDE OF TEENAGERS not PRIDE OF LIONS.
Encourage,motivate and challenge them on this group thing...it's gonna be difficult for bullying to occur!
(Teaching your kid/s how to stand up for themselves and empowering them are ways to boost your child self esteem)

Do you have any other ways to help stop bullying?
If you do...please share/post here.

Nice one, no further comment. This one is ok for me. kiss

1 Like

Re: 4 Helpful Ways To Help Stop Bullying by Sallotti: 5:17pm On Dec 27, 2013
Ewuro707: Great! Just stating the obvious reality.

O da bo kiss kiss

Besides I can refer to ANYBODY on here now and forever.

Then get ready for me to refer to YOU! kiss
Love is not by force ma.
I don't care about your posts. . .or THREADS. . . SO, PLEASE DON'T CARE ABOUT MINEZZZZZZ!
Take your 'groupy' life somewhere else! I am not interested.
Thank you!
Muah! kiss
Re: 4 Helpful Ways To Help Stop Bullying by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 27, 2013
Sallotti:

Then get ready for me to refer to YOU! kiss
Love is not by force ma.
I don't care about your posts. . . PLEASE DON'T CARE ABOUT MINE!
Take your 'groupy' life somewhere else!
Muah! kiss

but I thought you 'unfollowed' the thread undecided

Groupy life? Works for Vanessa Bryant.

Definitely working for me at the mo kiss

I'm digging my groupie lifestyle kiss

happy new year in advance , Muah!kiss
Re: 4 Helpful Ways To Help Stop Bullying by Nobody: 6:12pm On Dec 27, 2013
Pls, don't do this!
Ayam begging yous! embarassed embarassed sad
Re: 4 Helpful Ways To Help Stop Bullying by Nobody: 6:15pm On Dec 27, 2013
alutacontinua: Pls, don't do this!
Ayam begging yous! embarassed embarassed sad

Don't worry babes. I'm cool as a cucumber. Honestly I'm cool.
Re: 4 Helpful Ways To Help Stop Bullying by Nobody: 6:18pm On Dec 27, 2013
Ewuro707:

Don't worry babes. I'm as cool as a cucumber. Honestly I'm cool.

Thank you! smiley

1 Like

Re: 4 Helpful Ways To Help Stop Bullying by deasy(m): 10:48pm On Dec 28, 2013
@Salloti,
Do you agree with the word that says 'We all are fallible and imperfect'?
Anywhere we find ourselves...we will see or come to realize the flaws and wrongs of others and others will see ours too.
Truly at times its good to stay away, give space, keep away from others flaws like bullying to avoid problems and most importantly inflicting you with their flaws and wrong doings BUT have you considered this?
Too much Running or staying away from wrong human behaviours such as BULLYING will MAKE YOU WEAK & TIMID to people around, I meant you will not be able to STAND,OVERCOME and SAY NO to other people's act you don't like when giving space or running away from them.
Please, answer this...for example, if there's bullying report and you wanna move your kids to another school but there's no funds to do the transfer, what will you do? Don't say Home schooling!
Re: 4 Helpful Ways To Help Stop Bullying by deasy(m): 10:51pm On Dec 28, 2013
Chillisauce:

Nice one, no further comment. This one is ok for me. kiss

@Chillisauce,
Am glad you found this okay for you...THANKS!
Re: 4 Helpful Ways To Help Stop Bullying by chival(f): 10:31am On Dec 05, 2021
This post needs to be revisited in light of recent events.
Lalasticlala
Mynd 44
Seun

(1) (2) (Reply)

What A Man Needs Most From A Woman Is Not Sex! / I Am Losing My Mind Right Now / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.