Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,953 members, 7,817,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

A Special Message From The Minister Of Works - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Special Message From The Minister Of Works (14238 Views)

Buhari As The Minister Of Petroleum - Constitutionally Right Or Wrong? / Aregbesola Celebrates Eid-el Fitr With Osun People In A Special Way (photos) / Fani-kayode Celebrates Girlfriend's Birthday In A Special Way (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by Blacpearl(f): 7:11pm On Dec 24, 2013
Oftentimes, been in a position of authority comes with its own set of challenges. A good example is the bureaucracy that shields leaders from realities on ground. Most times, a minister’s aide(s) might not be his best means of touching base. Hearing directly from the people, without exposing oneself to unnecessary distractions, is the sure way to see and feel what is going on.
I want to hear directly from road users and patriotic Nigerians who desire to join hands with us to make our FEDERAL ROADS better than they are at present. I have created an email account (feedbackmow@gmail.com) through which you can reach me directly to lay your complaints ,proffer suggestions or inform me on just about anything to do with FEDERAL ROADS. However, I will need the following favours:
A. Is there a federal road that needs urgent attention?
B. We have done some roads. Are they okay by you? (photographs attached)
C. Are any of our contractors not living up to their responsibilities on the job?
D. In what way do you think we can further improve and maintain the state federal roads in Nigeria?
E. Kindly let us know any federal road we should be preparing to pay attention to that is not already on our list.

I have received a number of awards, commendations and pats on the back for supposedly ‘a job welldone’. I appreciate all of that but I am not swayed, deceived or disillusioned to believe that all is well with federal roads all over Nigeria. In as much as any government (or minister,for that matter) cannot fix all Nigerian roads, I believe we can do our utmost best with the resources available to make life better, make a mark and be able to say before God and man that we did our best.
I believe more than anything that qualitative change is possible if the leaders and the led are committed to it. I believe more than anything that qualitative change is possible if the leaders and the led are committed to it.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Mike Onolememen
Hon. Minister of Works.

22 Likes

Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by asha80(m): 7:22pm On Dec 24, 2013
why is work slow on onitsha enugu expressway?

6 Likes

Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by guvnor83: 8:42pm On Dec 24, 2013
d contractor handling arochuqwu- ohafia abia state is very very sjow and unserious.
Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by dlox147(m): 8:47pm On Dec 24, 2013
YOU SHOULD SEND THAT TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS PROVIDED ABOVE..MERRY XMAS
asha 80: why is work slow on onitsha enugu expressway?

6 Likes

Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by IbokUtoroh(m): 8:55pm On Dec 24, 2013
y yahoomail no gree open for mobile na........

3 Likes

Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by PapaBrowne(m): 9:01pm On Dec 24, 2013
I have made some trips across the nation this December and I must say, I am very impressed as there is construction going on virtually across every nook and cranny of the southern part of Nigeria. I haven't ventured up north in a while so I cant speak about that.

I will surely use the email to send some quality information.

14 Likes

Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by johnmartus(m): 9:02pm On Dec 24, 2013
hmmm election is approaching don't campaign for Jonathan now talk is cheap is only road construction that your ministry' is after?what about jebba ilorin express way?what about ajaokuta steel company are you blind you don't know the next thing to do?we you response if I email you what about letters you have been resive from state government traditional rulars what step are you taken ?

2 Likes

Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by Nobody: 9:45pm On Dec 24, 2013
johnmartus: hmmm election is approaching don't campaign for Jonathan now talk is cheap is only road construction that your ministry' is after?what about jebba ilorin express way?what about ajaokuta steel company are you blind you don't know the next thing to do?we you response if I email you what about letters you have been resive from state government traditional rulars what step are you taken ?

Abeg guy go school please I use God beg you. Your grammar dey dirty cloth. When your mate talk outside you will still open that your mouth for not even knowing the diff works carried out by ministries. "Ajaokuta steel company" is not handled by Work ministry you hear. Even if Fed Govt works in your state or LGA you will give the credit to your LGA chairman because people like you don't know the difference between Fed road, state road and LG road and don't read project post to know who is really carrying out the work. Understand b4 criticizing

38 Likes

Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by atlwireles: 9:51pm On Dec 24, 2013
johnmartus: hmmm election is approaching don't campaign for Jonathan now talk is cheap is only road construction that your ministry' is after?what about jebba ilorin express way?what about ajaokuta steel company are you blind you don't know the next thing to do?we you response if I email you what about letters you have been resive from state government traditional rulars what step are you taken ?

May God help you. Why will politicians not take us for granted. Just listen to yourself.

4 Likes

Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by gregg2: 10:09pm On Dec 24, 2013
Front page pls moderators.
Let Nigerians give feedback to minister of works.

I travel a lot by road because of the nature of my work. The truth is, the entire country is a huge construction site when it comes to Federal Highways reconstruction. I am currently in North Central Nigeria for the Xmas having visited parts of South East and South South. The Calabar - Itu - Ikot Ekpene - Aba road as well as the Onitsha - Enugu highways need very urgent attention.

I commend the Jonathan led govt on the quality of work done on the Ezamgbo - Abakaliki - Ikom - Cameroon international route. That is how Nigerian roads should look like.
We are making progress.

God bless GEJ.

God bless Nigeria

21 Likes

Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by gregg2: 10:21pm On Dec 24, 2013
APC propagandist will be looking for a way to pull this man down in thier desperate attempt to pull down all hard working ministers in GEJ's cabinet.

First, it was Alison Madueke, then Arumah Oteh, later Okonjo-Iweala, and again Stella Oduah. But God will see all of them through, Amen.

10 Likes

Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by DrOBD(m): 7:38am On Dec 25, 2013
Welcome development
Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by Goddex: 8:00am On Dec 25, 2013
Front page things
Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by Turbocharged: 9:44am On Dec 25, 2013
Them
Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by sonoble: 10:34am On Dec 25, 2013
This should be on the front page please. Mr. Minister, i hope you are not sidelining Federal Roads in Port Harcourt
Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by zangiff(m): 7:37pm On Dec 25, 2013
Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by BankManager(m): 7:40pm On Dec 25, 2013
The Minister of works ought to be commended for doing this..This promotes Accountability and Transparency.

Perphaps,if Chief Tony Anenih,an ex-minister,did this years back,maybe we would have talking about something else.Probably making our roads look like what we see in the western world;clean,durable and properly well maintained..

If truly we claim to practice the Federal system of government,we ought to practice real federalism.When this is done,the construction of all roads will be undertaken by all "STATES" and a higher share of the federal revenue being allocated to state governments.The advantage of this is that,it encourages competitions among various states.Even if we forward MANY LETTERS/MAILS to him(the Minister) and everyone start laying a complaint,can he still supervise ALL roads in the federationThe answer is NO..

However,a situation in which the roads are being placed in the hands of the state,it encourages a "healthy competition" among governors.If Gov.Fashola decides to give goods roads to Lagosians and Gov.Kwankwaso decides to give Indigenes of Kano durable roads,it would be a shame for some "niggas" who parade themselves as Governors (e.g. Gov.Orji) not to do so..The people/indigines become active in seeing their government perform..This entails DEVELOPMENT..

Finally,it would be nice to see all FEDERAL ROADS/EXPRESS WAYS look like "The 10 Lane Abuja Airport Super Highway-Lugbe axis.."If we can make special intervention in our Airports,doing such in our roads will be greatly applauded..

Once more,kudos to the Minister.However,It's high time we start having GOOD ROAD NETWORKS in Nigeria..!!!

3 Likes

Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by MrOlodo(m): 7:40pm On Dec 25, 2013
[size=24pt]Op please reduce your grammar before you scatter my olodo brain[/size] grin

3 Likes

Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by checkdate(m): 7:42pm On Dec 25, 2013
wow !
Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by Vicjay1(m): 7:43pm On Dec 25, 2013
too much talk
Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by Nobody: 7:44pm On Dec 25, 2013
I go bombard u with email sote u go close d email.
ijora expressway is gradually turning to a pit hole
Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by mu2sa2: 7:44pm On Dec 25, 2013
So the minister doesn't know the bad roads, even the ones right under his nose. For how long will this clueless govt pull wool over the eyes of gullible Nigerians? Well, over to those who have data bundle to waste to begin sending emails that no one will act upon.

1 Like

Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by Jensenelizz(m): 7:44pm On Dec 25, 2013
Must people in power for 9ja give speech bout christmas
Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by Jensenelizz(m): 7:46pm On Dec 25, 2013
Mr•Olodo:
[size=24pt]Op please reduce your grammar before you scatter my olodo brain[/size] grin
omo you fugly oo shocked ........no puns intended
Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by theoctopus: 7:50pm On Dec 25, 2013
phantonce: I go bombard u with email sote u go close d email.
ijora expressway is gradually turning to a pit hole

Where is that? Is that a federal road?

5 Likes

Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by Pokemon43(f): 7:51pm On Dec 25, 2013
Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by OkikiOluwa1(m): 7:53pm On Dec 25, 2013
Which kind minister be this?
This is good. Nigerians ll love it.

3 Likes

Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by Nobody: 7:54pm On Dec 25, 2013
Mr minister, employ people to do the work you ask from us. What nonsense. I'm an engineer and if the right people are winning bids for contracts without paying bribes, nepotism etc, you won't be asking us to monitor contractors for you. If I leave my work and start monitoring projects for you, then what will you be doing at the ministry of works. Perhaps, you can also pay a transportation consultant to do your road prioritization for you instead of asking me to do it free of charge for u.

2 Likes

Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by billante(m): 7:54pm On Dec 25, 2013
i made onitsha 2pm from lagos....we left 7am! this is something that i has never happened during xmas period since i started for going for xmas for the past 10 yrs! the amazing thing is dat i have been traversing anambra towns and villages since i came in two days ago and have not met one single serious pot hole!

even inside onitsha town is mostly pot hole free......from zik roundabout to ogbunike on the onitsha-enugu expressway is a marvel so smooth and wide! i would say nigerian roads is a huge leap from where we are coming from.

7 Likes

Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by redcliff: 8:00pm On Dec 25, 2013
[size=14pt]Akinsulire Street, Aguda needs total rehab pls.. [/size]
Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by lincolnj88: 8:02pm On Dec 25, 2013
Joshua of our time....

10 Likes

Re: A Special Message From The Minister Of Works by asha80(m): 8:03pm On Dec 25, 2013
billante: i made onitsha 2pm from lagos....we left 7pm! this is something that i has never happened during xmas period since i started for going for xmas for the past 10 yrs! the amazing thing is dat i have been traversing anambra towns and villages since i came in two days ago and have not met one single serious pot hole!

even inside onitsha town is mostly pot hole free......from zik roundabout to ogbunike on the onitsha-enugu expressway is a marvel so smooth and wide! i would say nigerian roads is a huge leap from where we are coming from from
seperate roads within anambra that are state roads from those that are federal like enugu onitsha highway and oba nnewi uga highway.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Charms, Fetish Items Dropped At Ikot Ekpene - Uyo Highway In Akwa Ibom / Ex-minister, Ewuga, Dumps PDP, Joins APC / Appeal Court Sacks Nasarawa Speaker, Balarabe Abdullahi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.