Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,749 members, 7,813,460 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:36 PM

INSOMNIA: I Can't Sleep. Help Pls - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / INSOMNIA: I Can't Sleep. Help Pls (768 Views)

Please Help Me... I Can't Stop Eating :( / 15 Ways To Cure Insomnia Without Medication / HELP PLS...Very Hot And Badbreath Coming Out From My Nose.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

INSOMNIA: I Can't Sleep. Help Pls by Nobody: 12:28pm On Dec 25, 2013
I have trouble falling asleep and when i do it only lasts for about 2-3hours. I also have troubles getting back to sleep after interruption. For more than a month now, i have trouble falling asleep during late nights, i tend to fall asleep around 6:30am and before 9am i'm already awake.
This makes me unfunctional and most times i feel zombie-like, i look and feel worn-out and whenever i'm interrupted i become very angry. I aslo constantly get headaches.
Earlier in the year, it was an opposite case, the only thing i felt like doing most time was sleeping.
I'm yet to start taking sleeping pills as i read that those who do become addictive and dependant on it.
Re: INSOMNIA: I Can't Sleep. Help Pls by Nobody: 12:21am On Dec 27, 2013
Pls o, somebody say something
Re: INSOMNIA: I Can't Sleep. Help Pls by 4tunebest(f): 3:20pm On Dec 28, 2013
Big.game:

Earlier in the year, it was an opposite case, the only thing i felt like doing most time was sleeping.

The sudden change in your sleeping pattern might be as a result of change(s) in your emotional equilibrium. My guess is something or an (unpleasant) event triggered anxiety pangs, causing restlesness and over the months has finally resulted in your inability to fall asleep. I may be wrong but If that describes it, you need to work on your emotional stability. Try to take things easy generally, and let go of any situation that is beyond your control. Do what you can, where you are, and dont be too demanding on yourself. It pays to live one day @ time. It is well.
Re: INSOMNIA: I Can't Sleep. Help Pls by Nobody: 6:19pm On Dec 28, 2013
4tunebest:

The sudden change in your sleeping pattern might be as a result of change(s) in your emotional equilibrium. My guess is something or an (unpleasant) event triggered anxiety pangs, causing restlesness and over the months has finally resulted in your inability to fall asleep. I may be wrong but If that describes it, you need to work on your emotional stability. Try to take things easy generally, and let go of any situation that is beyond your control. Do what you can, where you are, and dont be too demanding on yourself. It pays to live one day @ time. It is well.
You are right, especially about the anxiety pangs and me being over demanding.
I would do just that, thanks alot. Your advice was much appreciated.
Re: INSOMNIA: I Can't Sleep. Help Pls by Moses247(m): 9:54am On Dec 29, 2013
Tunebest has said it. I also had dis insomnia problem after d death of my fada last year...MEHN DIS INSOMNIA NA BAD SICKNESS O. But THANK GOD IAM GETTING BETA NW...EVERSINCE I STOP THINKING..ALL DAY...I do sleep 4 to 5hours nw unlike b4 am improving.
Re: INSOMNIA: I Can't Sleep. Help Pls by Nobody: 3:25pm On Dec 29, 2013
Moses247: Tunebest has said it. I also had dis insomnia problem after d death of my fada last year...MEHN DIS INSOMNIA NA BAD SICKNESS O. But THANK GOD IAM GETTING BETA NW...EVERSINCE I STOP THINKING..ALL DAY...I do sleep 4 to 5hours nw unlike b4 am improving.
It isn't easy going through the trauma of losing a parent. it's Good to know that you're doing ok bro. More strength to your elbow.

1 Like

Re: INSOMNIA: I Can't Sleep. Help Pls by lyfe(m): 6:10pm On Dec 29, 2013
Ladies suffer this condition more. More than 80% of my female friends complain bitterly about this. Notwithstanding, the posters above me gave good suggestions. Be fearless, worry less about tomorrow. I at times worry myself even over nothing, but I try to get my 8hrs sleep on daily basis.

Worry is always the reason for this condition, forget about tomorrow even if the future seems bleak and uncertain.

Have a good bed hygiene: clear your bed off clothes, laptop and other belongings you do not need.

Read something before you go to bed, like a boring magazine or novel.

Turn off the lights

Lastly, close your eyes before you sleep.

(1) (Reply)

Concerned Nigerian Start Online Petition Against NMA / The Likely Cure For Ebola, By Dr. Simbo Davidson / Hundreds Of Passengers PUSH A Train To Save Trapped Man (pictures+video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.