Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:12 AM

Nairaland 2013 Most Common Characters - Are You One? - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Nairaland 2013 Most Common Characters - Are You One? (12250 Views)

10 Of The Most Common Lies Nigerian Parents Tell Their Children / Photo: See The Funniest And Most Common Lie In Naija Lol / Download Video : Elenu - Nigeria Police VS British Police (AY Live N London 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland 2013 Most Common Characters - Are You One? by NaLaugh: 3:01pm On Dec 26, 2013
Now 2013 is closing up shop, it's time to highlight the most prevalent character types of the year in the Nairaland community. smiley

1. The “First to Comment crew”.
This individual no dey ever catch head. He wanders the forum actively, in detective mode. He investigates what Mods are viewing each thread in order to narrow down his “front page material” threads. He goes on to leave this very useful comment right beneath the OP- “.” in hopes the thread makes frontpage, in which event he returns to drop either his long copy/paste “first to comment' shout outs, or “FTC tinz” and more gibberish.
His prognosis often includes his crap getting hidden or im go collect small ban.

2. The “What is this doing on Front page crew”
2013 saw the uprising of those who apparently perceive the home page of Nairaland as being equivalent to CNN or NTA. When a lighthearted or humorous thread hits the front page, they grab their picket signs and cutlasses and hit the streets (of Nairaland).
This guy needs to chill out. Life is not that serious. Nairaland to the best of my knowledge is neither a News nor political site. It is a “General” discussion forum, meaning “ANYTHING” that fits wholly or partially into the Nigerian context goes up for discussion.

3. The “PDP, APC, FASHOLA, ANTI-FASHOLA, GEJ, ANTI-GEJ crew”
There was a time when political debate was largely confined to the politics section. This was not the case in 2013, as even a thread with the topic
“Cute cats singing, while cute puppies dance and rainbows bow in the background”
will somehow attract comments on how the incompetence or competence of GEJ/FASHOLA has led to such singing and dancing by these cute furry friends of ours.
I tire for this crew.

4. The “Thread Bomber/Spammer”
This dude has no respect. He has never come across such words. He targets any thread with significant activity; it DOES NOT matter what the thread is about or discussing. All he knows is he has the secret to fish farming & snail farming and you are all to contact him IMMEDIATELY he pastes his advert on your thread, and walks away like a BOSS.
If I catch this guy ehn.. angry

5. The “my MB crew”
Alright, we know for those in Naija, internet access is still an issue, but abeg make una relax small. Any thread containing photos & video will definitely attract this crew to go:-
“ah! Na ur fada buy me MB?” or
“make una watch am tell me.. I no get MB to waste” or
”Sh*t!.. see as I waste my MB on this useless thread”.
no vex, your telecoms provider go soon do New year promo. wink

6. The "Pics or it didn't happen crew"
These are the newest evolved characters. For every topic without a pic or video, they show up with this same response.
'pics or it didn't happen' or 'video or it didn't happen'. Needless to say, they are most prevalent in threads to do with the female anatomy.
Awon bad boys.

*honorary mention:
“THE GREAT GARRI CREW”: This crew was hyperactive prior to 2013, and roamed the lands VORACIOUSLY until early 2013, when the atmosphere created by mods became less conducive for their survival. Their wise words of “HOW DOES THIS AFFECT THE PRICE OF GARRI IN THE MARKET” were abound. Our evolutionary scientists at the NaLaugh research headquarters now have reason to believe, following extensive research and fossil records that this particular species evolved over time into the existing “What is this doing on Front page Crew”.

Abeg, add your own Common/prevalent/Annoying Nairaland characters of 2013. cool

90 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland 2013 Most Common Characters - Are You One? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Dec 26, 2013
Oga at the Top Crew.
They came out of their shell mid-2013.
This was after the 'my oga at the top' saga in Lagos.
They usually show up in threads where the OP asks Nairalanders question.
They end up saying.
'if I contribute my own naw, my oga @ d top go say anoda tin'.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland 2013 Most Common Characters - Are You One? by Ruq: 3:35pm On Dec 26, 2013
Go and Die.

17 Likes

Re: Nairaland 2013 Most Common Characters - Are You One? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Dec 26, 2013
Ruq: Go and Die.
damn grin
Re: Nairaland 2013 Most Common Characters - Are You One? by NaLaugh: 3:58pm On Dec 26, 2013
Ruq: Go and Die.

haha! that is another crew cheesy
Re: Nairaland 2013 Most Common Characters - Are You One? by jreyez(m): 6:18pm On Dec 26, 2013
Space booked!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland 2013 Most Common Characters - Are You One? by NaLaugh: 9:59pm On Dec 26, 2013
Vessi: Oga at the Top Crew.
They came out of their shell mid-2013.
This was after the 'my oga at the top' saga in Lagos.
They usually show up in threads where the OP asks Nairalanders question.
They end up saying.
'if I contribute my own naw, my oga @ d top go say anoda tin'.

Yup! 'Oga at the top' syndrome definitely infected many wink
Re: Nairaland 2013 Most Common Characters - Are You One? by PrettySpicey(f): 10:44pm On Dec 26, 2013
I am in the 'what is this doing on the Front Page crew'.
Choi! Dem don catch me grin

1 Like

Re: Nairaland 2013 Most Common Characters - Are You One? by PrettySpicey(f): 10:54pm On Dec 26, 2013
Ha, let us not forget the:
'who has a small pin charger crew'. To show their total disregard for any thread topic, this group of people, deviate from the topic by infamously making their charger request.

13 Likes

Re: Nairaland 2013 Most Common Characters - Are You One? by Etumgbe(m): 6:54am On Dec 27, 2013
What of the 'end time things' crew?

34 Likes

Re: Nairaland 2013 Most Common Characters - Are You One? by NaLaugh: 9:54am On Dec 27, 2013
PrettySpicey: Ha, let us not forget the:
'who has a small pin charger crew'. To show their total disregard for any thread topic, this group of people, deviate from the topic by infamously making their charger request.

Yup! cheesy i see these miscreants all over the place
Re: Nairaland 2013 Most Common Characters - Are You One? by adesewa4uyahoo(f): 2:05pm On Dec 27, 2013
GO and Die,end time tinz lol.....now open letter is taking d lead

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland 2013 Most Common Characters - Are You One? by freda506(f): 2:05pm On Dec 27, 2013
the anti Sexkillz crew grin

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland 2013 Most Common Characters - Are You One? by DICKtator: 2:06pm On Dec 27, 2013
You didn't add the "Who get Nokia/BB pin charger" crew?

I am like, Wah da heck?

Niccurs and bishes be talkin'

Does this look like a charging point?

G.T.F.O.H

grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland 2013 Most Common Characters - Are You One? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:07pm On Dec 27, 2013
The Last Bullet Crew.
The word Last Bullet is used to end a sentence or discussion on Nairaland.
It was invented by a herbalist, Okiki_Oluwa
In recent time, it's now used to start, continue & to end a sentence or discussion. If it's used this way, you ll see things like
1st Bullet:
mukina2 is a girl.
2nd Bullet:
sexkillz no get ***.
Last Bullet:
If you quote me, you are jobless.

5 Likes

Re: Nairaland 2013 Most Common Characters - Are You One? by Tuntheycr7: 2:07pm On Dec 27, 2013
[size=32pt]this space is not for sale, beware of 419[/size]

5 Likes

Re: Nairaland 2013 Most Common Characters - Are You One? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:07pm On Dec 27, 2013
I detest the Thread Bomber who comes up with adverts. They are a nuisance on Facebook & other social sites. You ll even see them advertising sites to download sexxx videos.
The End Time Crews, Garri Crews, 1st to comment Crews are all funny.
Last Bullet:
Mods should stop banning them.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland 2013 Most Common Characters - Are You One? by Dirtymind(f): 2:08pm On Dec 27, 2013
Just passing by crew smiley

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland 2013 Most Common Characters - Are You One? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 27, 2013
You forgot the most important one

This is definitely an END TIME sign

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland 2013 Most Common Characters - Are You One? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 27, 2013
the ----->undecided<----- crew

6 Likes

#TeamGOM
Re: Nairaland 2013 Most Common Characters - Are You One? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Dec 27, 2013
END TIME THINGS undecided
Re: Nairaland 2013 Most Common Characters - Are You One? by Kingclickmedia: 2:09pm On Dec 27, 2013
''Techno crew'' - creating unneccesary thread about techno phone so that it can make frontpage.
''I must comment crew'' - those that make sure the comment by writing (.) 'fullstop' or ''space booked' etc so that can think of something to comment
''Tonto Dike crew'' - they knows themselves

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland 2013 Most Common Characters - Are You One? by Tuntheycr7: 2:09pm On Dec 27, 2013
Pictures of all these or it didn't happened.

5 Likes

Re: Nairaland 2013 Most Common Characters - Are You One? by Jerrick(m): 2:09pm On Dec 27, 2013
Re: Nairaland 2013 Most Common Characters - Are You One? by Lilimax(f): 2:10pm On Dec 27, 2013
'Idontbelieveit' crew

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland 2013 Most Common Characters - Are You One? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Dec 27, 2013
[size=30pt] the tpia@ crew [/size]

That girl can be a bitch sha. sad sad

1 Like

Re: Nairaland 2013 Most Common Characters - Are You One? by DICKtator: 2:10pm On Dec 27, 2013
Na Laugh: Now 2013 is closing up shop, it's time to highlight the most prevalent character types of the year in the Nairaland community. smiley

4. The “Thread Bomber/Spammer”
This dude has no respect. He has never come across such words. He targets any thread with significant activity; it DOES NOT matter what the thread is about or discussing. All he knows is he has the secret to fish farming & snail farming and you are all to contact him IMMEDIATELY he pastes his advert on your thread, and walks away like a BOSS.
If I catch this guy ehn.. angry

MR OLODO deserves an award for the aformentioned!!!

grin grin grin grin
Re: Nairaland 2013 Most Common Characters - Are You One? by DaGC(m): 2:10pm On Dec 27, 2013
The "vaseline" crew. Was always appalled by them cause it didn't sound "normal" to me...but I later saw humour in it. smiley
Re: Nairaland 2013 Most Common Characters - Are You One? by bknight: 2:11pm On Dec 27, 2013
The-read-but-never-comment crew!

These people register alright, but their profile is scant of information. Sex,Location,Posts, Personal Text, Signature, YIM, Twitter are all not filled. They r always online but funny, they never comment on any thread or probably make 1 comment in 3months or more. lipsrsealed

6 Likes

Re: Nairaland 2013 Most Common Characters - Are You One? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Dec 27, 2013
and the Vaseline crew, headed by austeenx, the tecno crew, the open letter crew...

1 Like

Re: Nairaland 2013 Most Common Characters - Are You One? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Dec 27, 2013
freda506: the anti Sexkillz crew grin
Rofl I supported it then.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

To My Extra Large Girlfriend / THE ADVENTURES OF AKPORS [ The most anticipated episodes 9 & 10 finally out] / Best Don't Leave Me Challenge Compilation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.