Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. (41524 Views)

The Man And The Cross / Cross River And Ssce Fraud: My Nysc Experience / The Head And The Tail’s Tale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by JeffreyJamez(m): 12:12am On Jan 02, 2014
Royver!!!!! so you started this one and you no holla boys abi.......

*chilling in VIP section of Royver's lounge*

1 Like

Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by Megaflex(m): 7:31am On Jan 02, 2014
Royver:

https://www.nairaland.com/1503988/see-things-others-not-see#19294106

This is my previous work. Thanks for the interest.
U'r welcum
Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jan 02, 2014
This is good! Read the first part bottling up my comments...I just have to comment now, You are really good. I hate following uncompleted stories because of anxiety, I just couldn't wait for you to complete this one before reading. I trust we won't be starved of updates. Keep up the good work.
Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by gennysq(f): 4:36pm On Jan 02, 2014
Deliciously Interesting.......... Am following bumper to bumper wink
Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by Kslib(m): 4:46pm On Jan 02, 2014
Brilliant as usual. You are really gifted, roy.

Well, nothing beats mami water babes.. They are so romantic.. Just make sure you sprinkle holy water down-below before getting down to business with them and you'll be fine. Take this as an advice coming from a mami water hunter, which i am.. cool

I saw a comment and the guy was complaining about attracting mami water babes. Are you kiddin me bro? You are one lucky bastard, i swear..grin

###Erm team#mami water babes###
Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by PBeni(m): 5:17pm On Jan 02, 2014
Kslib: Brilliant as usual. You are really gifted, roy.

Well, nothing beats mami water babes.. They are so romantic.. Just make sure you sprinkle holy water down-below before getting down to business with them and you'll be fine. Take this as an advice coming from a mami water hunter, which i am.. cool

I saw a comment and the guy was complaining about attracting mami water babes. Are you kiddin me bro? You are one lucky bastard, i swear..grin

###Erm team#mami water babes###

LAME!
Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by Kslib(m): 6:10pm On Jan 02, 2014
P Beni:

LAME!
Was I talking to you? undecided

For a guy, you go really like amebo sha!! smiley

1 Like

Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by Emperortj93(m): 9:29pm On Jan 02, 2014
Oga royver, abeg no be 2day be 2nd of january?
Royver: Thanks so very much to everyone, I appreciate your comments and encouragements grin smiley cool
I have a lot of stuff doing today and tomorrow so I'm sorry I probably won't be able to update until the 2nd of Jan. Pls bear with me.
Its DEC 31st, last day of 2013! We thank GOD for making us see the end of this year. For some of us it has been tough, for others it has been a drive-thru but all in all we are grateful for all that was learnt and accomplished. The past is history and tomorrow is in our hands! Lets make 2014 a year of monumental achievements!
Wishing everybody a Happy New Year 2014.
abeg make pesin were know pesin were know know person where know oga royver help us tell am say we don begin keep vigil 4 him thread oooo and make he do come update b4 our peaceful vigil turn violence oooo
Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by TheSoothSayer(m): 12:13am On Jan 03, 2014
Reminds me of the book 'Goosebumps', only this one aint for kids. Really scary and nice paranormal you got here. OP personal question o. Everyone please look away. Hey that boy there, look away. You, the one in green top. Op Are you in anyway related to the main character in powers, anyway related? Just curious noni
Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by Royver(m): 12:24am On Jan 03, 2014
I looked into her beautiful piercing eyes and knew there was no need to pretend.

“Yes,” I said. “Yes I do.”

“And you are not scared?” she whispered.

“Not scared, just cautious.” I replied.

That seemed to please her a lot. She grinned and put a finger to her lips as the driver entered into the car and turned on the ignition. On our way back she kept on making suggestive motions, opening and closing her jean covered legs and biting her finger seductively. I had to make a stern face when she started running her hands down my thighs. She chuckled and kept to herself until we got to the hotel. I came down from the car and she followed suit “to go over a few plans” she told the driver, who shrugged and drove off.
I turned as she walked into the lobby with me.

“This won’t happen.” I said.

“What won’t happen?” she asked innocently.

“You know,” I said, “The flirting over the phone was really nice but like I’ve told you numerous times, I have a girlfriend!”

“Fiancee”, she corrected with a show of those beautiful pearls that were her teeth. “And like I’ve told you numerous times, it doesn’t matter, not
to me-“

“Well it matters to me!” I said and for the first time I raised my voice against her angrily. She looked genuinely alarmed and took a step back, but then she calmed herself again and I noticed that she was clutching her index finger on her right hand. She had done that before when she had manifested in my room. I watched as she slowly unclasped her hands and I saw a ring.

“Can we at least continue this discussion in your room?” she said and looked behind me. I turned around and saw the receptionist watching
us surreptitiously. I sighed and led her upstairs.

“D19?” she said a little puzzled.

“Yeah, why?” I asked.

“I didn’t notice the last time she was here,” she said, blushing a little. “You were supposed to be in D16. I’ll tell the manager to change it.”

“No, don’t. “I said, opening the door. “There’s nothing wrong with this room and I kind of like the view.”

As usual, the room had been arranged and I was grateful. Jenny walked over to the window and looked through it to the car park in front. “Some view,” she said and went to sit on the bed. I stood there for a moment then went to sit on the sofa at the other corner of the room. She chuckled.

“You are resilient!” she said and took off her shoes. I watched her warily.

“Don’t worry, I’m not going to rape you,” and she stretched her feet a bit, “those high heels were killing me. When we invented it we didn’t think your girls would accept it so easily.”

“What?” I said, stunned. “What did you say?”

“Yeah,” she said, wiggling her toes sexily. Even looking at her toes aroused me, I just couldn’t understand it. “And the wigs, fake eyelashes, sexy
clothes? That’s us too. Soon we will take over your civilization and rule the earth.”

I looked long and hard at her and she remained silent and watched me, her face blank.

“Naah, you’re lying.” I said finally. “That’s the first time your smile has left your face.”

She burst into laughter then, her smile coming back full force “You should have seen the look on your face!” she said holding her heaving chest
and still laughing. “You looked like you were going to burst!”

I shifted uncomfortably in my chair. “Well, I’ve never encountered a mermaid before, I don’t know what to expect.”

“What would you have done? Shoot flames at me?”

She saw the look on my face and shook her head gently.”Yes, I know what you are too; I know what you can do. I felt it over the phone the first day I talked with you. That’s why I wanted to get to know you so desperately, Chuks. The raw power I felt, the spiritual pressure…it was exhilarating!”

“Really?” I said, “Is that why you arranged for me to be brought here instead of my boss?”

She eyed me mischievously and grinned “Don’t sound like that, I only hinted that you had done a marvelous job and that it would be better for
continuation sake if you came to personally supervise what you had started. My superiors ran with the suggestion from there.” She got up from the bed and walked over, cat-like, to me. “I can make you even stronger Chuks, if you’ll just promise to be mine…”

“No thanks,” I said. “Not at all interested.”

“Are you sure?” she asked and sat slowly on my lap. I couldn’t move. Her skin was terribly soft and warm and my mind swirled uncontrollably into lustful desires for this ravishingly beautiful creature. I closed my eyes and pictured Nina’s face. My lovely wonderful, beautiful Nina.
I heard her voice, silky smooth and soft, “Thinking about her won’t help, you know…” she said, and I felt her fingers on my lips, my chin, and then running down my chest. “I dot even want to marry you or anything, it will just be a onetime fling, I just want to feel your power Chuks, that’s all.”

She was kissing my neck, nibbling on my ears, and even though I knew what she was I almost didn’t care. Almost. I held her firmly and tried
pushing her away. My arms felt like they were made of iron, exceedingly heavy and unwilling to obey the command of their master, my brain.

“No, I told you...this isn’t going to happen”

“Yes it is” she said kissed my neck again. She was deliberately avoiding my lips and I knew there was important about that but right now I couldn’t think straight, all my body was on fire, sensations I didn’t even think were possible were coursing through me; the more I resisted the more my hands became heavy. Then I opened my eyes and saw Chukwudi the stronger standing in the middle of the room. He was shaking his head and saying something but I couldn’t hear him. I closed my eyes again as she continued to caress me and when I opened them again Chukwudi was closer and gesticulating with his hands and saying something over and over. I tried to read his lips.

The ring

I traced my heavy leaden arms down to her hand and she smiled at me and intertwined my fingers with hers. She must have thought I was finally giving in. I felt for the ring and finally came upon it on her index finger. Then I mustered all my strength and pulled.
The ring came off with a pop as her knuckles crackled. And all the feeling s I had been having faded away like magic. She drew back, her mouth wide open but no sound coming out. For the first time her face was contorted into an ugly mask filled with expressions of pain and horror. She fell to the floor as if I had pushed her and her face became covered in scales. The scales spread from her face to her whole body and finally her tail, which had appeared out of nowhere. Two small fish swam around her body as if she were underwater.

“MY RING! GIVE IT TO ME!” she screamed.

I looked around me and I could see everything. The two couples that had used this room previously, one couple being the manager and his woman; a dampening red flame coming out of the ring and burning bright in my hand, being engulfed by the flames coming out of my own hand, my own flames. It was like seeing clearly after having blurred vision for a long time.

“You were blinding me with this, weren’t you? I asked, “How did you know I had the sight? Did you get that from listening to my voice too?”

I was watching her and she seemed to be having trouble breathing, she was gasping for air and her skin had turned a sickly green colour. I didn’t know if it was part of the manifestation or if it was happening live.

“I didn’t know what you could do,” she faltered, “I didn’t know about your sight or whatever powers you possessed. The ring, it does my… please just give it back!”

“Promise to not use the power against me again.” I said.

“Yes, I promise!”

“Promise to not try any funny tricks on me?”

“I promise!” she whispered harshly.

“Promise to be truthful to me at all times?” I know, she wasn’t a genie, but I had the feeling that the moment I gave the ring back I would have
lost a big chance for favors…”

She looked at me and despite her obvious pain she managed a smile “I promise Chuks. Now please give me my ring.”

I gave her the ring and she put it back on. Her scales vanished and her tail split in two. Soon there was a very beautiful lady sitting on my bed once again.

“You could have asked for riches, you know.” She said dryly.

“Before you say anything else, I have to ask: you don’t turn into a mermaid anytime someone snatches off your ring, do you?

“No,” she said quietly, not looking at me. “You caused that.”

I sat back and took a deep breath. “It looks like we are going to have a discussion after all.”

12 Likes

Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by barackodam: 12:41am On Jan 03, 2014
Heart-breaking though, kip it up, even as u updated on Jan 3 instead of a day earlier
Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by janetDurling(f): 6:53am On Jan 03, 2014
So exhilarating...............More wisdom, Uncle Roy
Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by PBeni(m): 7:10am On Jan 03, 2014
Interesting piece you got there son.

Feed me more...
Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by benedictilemona(m): 7:35am On Jan 03, 2014
Hmmmmm chuks d stronga don spoil show.....mehn dis story has gat me hooked..abeg wu cari ma seat
Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:28am On Jan 03, 2014
GIMME MOORReEE!.!!!.!!!!
Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by Kslib(m): 10:55am On Jan 03, 2014
Hmmn!! Chucks, that was really close..

Excellent!
Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by johnbuck81(m): 12:03pm On Jan 03, 2014
Mr royver, ur doing us longer throat wit dis story abi?
Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by BrightDeGea(m): 12:20pm On Jan 03, 2014
carry on sir, am so loving this movie
Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by Cestmoi1(f): 12:54pm On Jan 03, 2014
Oh lala cious.....this is getting more interesting.More pls....
Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by Timcy2(m): 4:34pm On Jan 03, 2014
Wow, dis story is so so elegantical electrifying, more grease 2 ur elbow. More pls.

Pls can i have a VIP sit. Barman give everybodi 2 bottles of STAR. I will offset d bills.
Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by gennysq(f): 6:45pm On Jan 03, 2014
Roy! ¶ nid more Ooº°˚ ˚°
Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by Nimen(m): 6:52pm On Jan 03, 2014
https://m.facebook.com/david.livingstone.3785?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C8691843153

you should check this out too cheesy cheesy

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C9433634106
Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by Megaflex(m): 7:53pm On Jan 03, 2014
Timcy2: Wow, dis story is so so elegantical electrifying, more grease 2 ur elbow. More pls.

Pls can i have a VIP sit. Barman give everybodi 2 bottles of STAR. I will offset d bills.
Tanks Timcy 4 d beer. Oga Roy pls do d needful
Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by donkross1(m): 9:11pm On Jan 03, 2014
Timcy2: Wow, dis story is so so elegantical electrifying, more grease 2 ur elbow. More pls.

. Na alomo I want ooo.
Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by ministerblessed: 10:32pm On Jan 03, 2014
My love for u grows wit each update,ur 1 in a billion.......... My ROYVER

1 Like

Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by Royver(m): 12:42am On Jan 04, 2014
She steadied herself as she tried walking down the street with her customers. The drug they had placed in her drink was beginning to take effect. She didn’t panic then though, she had been drugged before. It was one of the hazards of the trade. Some of the customers got off by sedating the girls before being intimate with them, they said it made them feel powerful, ”in charge”. Her first experience of drug rape had been quite nasty and she had since found a local antidote that she used whenever she felt the effects of being drugged. She had used it on many an occasion and it helped her to keep a clear head although she pretended to still be drugged so her clients could enjoy themselves. It brought in more money for heart the end of the day. This one however was kicking in faster than usual. But they were already at the car and they were behaving like such perfect gentlemen, opening the door for her and all. So she got in.

A few moments passed and she was out again. She opened her purse and took out a small bottle of Robb which had been filled with a white powdery substance and she inhaled some of it. The chemical coursed through her system and her vision cleared but only temporarily. She walked faster, trying to see if she could get back to the junction where there were people, where there was nightlife. She never should have followed these strange men to this lonely corner. There was nobody in sight. It was not as if she hadn’t followed customers to precarious positions before but these guys had given started giving off a particularly bad vibe, especially the one that was in the driver’s seat. He just let off an aura that was…there was no other word to describe it…evil. A little voice had told her to steer clear but she had been attracted by the beautiful blue Camry, the handsome smile of the man at the back seat, and the huge bundle of notes they had displayed in front of her. She had followed them in the car to this alleyway, they had shared some more drinks and she had known almost immediately that she had been drugged again but she still didn’t mind, she still would have played along, she had secretly slipped in her antidote in the drink and was pretending to be falling asleep when she heard the driver say

See, she’s not going to run this time”.

The other man had said, “Good, I’m really really hungry and I intend to suck her dry

She smiled inwardly to herself. What sort of perverted fetishes were these folks into?

The next thing she heard was:

"Better not get any blood on my car, I just washed the upholstery."

Her heartbeat began to race. Maybe they thought she might be a virgin? Or they wanted to rough her up a bit? She had experiences with customers like that too.

Don’t worry. I’ll break her neck and drink all the blood from there. She won’t struggle.

And the world stood still as her heart jumped into her mouth. What the hell did they mean by that? She had decided to play smart, she was still
in the car and if she raised an alarm they might kill her. She had pretended to open her eyes slowly and smiled stupidly at them. They grinned back, looking as handsome and innocent as ever.

“Do you boys mind if I take a pee first? I’m very pressed.” She said.

The driver held her arm gently but firmly, “That won’t be necessary baby. What we want to do will not take long.”

She thought quickly, “Yeah, but it’s already coming out, guess am gonna wet myself eh?” and she giggled for effect.

A look of disgust came over the driver’s face. “What, in my car? Oya go out, go out,quick!” and he opened the door and shoved her out despite protests from his friend at the back. It was when she had gotten to her feet that she realized that despite her antidote, the drug was still making her feel dizzy. She pretended to walk to the bushes at the side of the road as going to relieve herself there, then suddenly began walking towards the junction. It was a bit far but she felt they would let her go if they thought their drug would soon make her pass out. That way they could collect her body without causing a scene. Unfortunately it seemed that that was exactly what would happen as this was her third sniff of the antidote and it had only cleared her head for a few seconds.

She tried to open her mouth and call out but her vocal cords were paralysed. She was panicking now. She opened up the bottle of Robb and downed its entire contents and her vision cleared once again. She looked ahead; the junction was an island of light a few yards away, teeming with night life, filled with people. Tears came to her eyes as she thought of what her parents would say if anything happened to her. They thought she was at school studying, getting her degree, but here she was, in the middle of nowhere, her life in jeopardy. She thought of the numerous times he r roommate had warned her against these night excursions. She had laughed and called her roommate a “learner”, a prude, a self righteous born again. She remembered how her mother had knelt down and begged her to face her studies when she got to school, to join a fellowship, to keep with good friends, quiet friends. And she had nodded in agreement to keep her mum happy but deep down had decided that she would not let her youth go to waste. Well, it seemed it would go to waste tonight after all…

She heard the car door open, they were coming for her, they were going to drag her back to the car and drain her blood. She sobbed and tried
to run but her legs were heavy. All she could do was quicken her pace a little.

Then she heard a growl. A blood curdling growl .

She turned around and her eyes that had been narrowed from sedation opened wide in fear. A few feet behind her was the strangest and most fearsome beast she had ever seen. It looked like a leopard, like the ones she had seen in pictures, with yellow and black spots and a small mane at the neck. The head however was like that of a human being. It had two tails that swished excitedly from side to side. It was three times the size of the largest dog she had ever seen. It was stalking her, ambling up to her, seemingly in no hurry. She opened her mouth to scream but once again nothing came out. She turned and quickened her pace, willing her legs, her heavy legs, to run, but try as she might she could only manage to increase her pace slightly. She looked forward again and saw the island of light and noise. She was almost there. The tears were blinding her eyes as she struggled with all that was in her to get to that place, that safe haven. But somewhere deep within her she knew she wasn’t going to make it. An old memory came back to her, something she used to do as a child in the darkness of her room, when she was frightened and alone and mommy and daddy had gone to their rooms, something she had forgotten as she grew and became wise to the things of the world;

“Jesus help me, a poor sinner. Jesus help me, a poor sinner…”

She chanted it in her mind, for her mouth was still numb, she chanted like a little child as she strove towards the light. And there was a snap as the creature stepped on a piece of wood close to her. It had caught up, she could feel its breath on her legs. It was behaving very un-animalistic, an animal would have attacked, tore at her by now. This leopard creature was savouring her, smelling her, playing with her as if it had a reasoning brain and was thinking how delicious she would be…

She tripped on something and fell. Never once did her teary eyes leave that island of light. She cried now and was able to let out a whimper as
the antidote made one final effort to neutralize the substance she had been given. But it would not be enough, she was still too far. Teeth that seemed to be made of iron gripped her leg and dug easily into her flesh as pain shot up to her brain and she cried out a little louder this time. Still not enough. She began to pass out as she felt the creature dragging her limp body easily back towards the car and she remembered thinking it would have been better if she had been sedated after all…

“Hey…HEY! What are you doing? Wetin be dat?!” she looked up and in her dimmed vision saw a man standing in a nearby bush, relieving himself of pent up urine. She smelled the alcohol on him and knew he was drunk. He wouldn’t be of any help to her whatsoever. But then the man suddenly shone his torch in her direction and must have seen what was pulling her away because he gave out an ear-piercing scream. Immediately people from the junction started running in their direction and she felt the creature relinquish its grip. There was some scurrying of feet and a screech of tires as the beautiful blue Camry zoomed off.

“Jesoooos!”

“Na which kain dog be dat?”

“Nna, check whether she still dey breathe o…”

A hand came close to her face and she grabbed the hand with all her might, not letting go, and crying feebly into the night air.

14 Likes

Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by barackodam: 2:01am On Jan 04, 2014
lipsrsealed
Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by lanre2009: 4:23am On Jan 04, 2014
Nice update Mr Roy....I am luving it

1 Like

Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by Nobody: 5:09am On Jan 04, 2014
Wow! This is good, man! I wish the updates were longer though... More inspiration to your brain *lol*
Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by barackodam: 5:48am On Jan 04, 2014
Am i d only 1 that seem to tink ds myt b d rong update?
Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by Stephenomozzy(m): 7:00am On Jan 04, 2014
barackodam: Am i d only 1 that seem to tink ds myt b d rong update?
barack is somehow correct ooo... The previous post and this last one are not that connected o......jenny and chucks are supposed to be having that discussion.........
Re: The Claw, The Tail, And The Cross. by Nobody: 7:02am On Jan 04, 2014
barackodam: Am i d only 1 that seem to tink ds myt b d rong update?
I believe this is the beginning of the manifestation of the dream Chuks had before coming to Asaba, you know the Leopard killing the prostitute and all.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Where Is The Guy I Married?....... A Short Christian Romance Story / Line In Between: An Interracial Christian Romance. / Short Story Competition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.