Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,841 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Please I Need Your Help And Advise . Ejooooorrr - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please I Need Your Help And Advise . Ejooooorrr (1838 Views)

Can Someone Decode This Statement And Advise / In Need Of Serious Help And Advice URGENTLY!!! / A Family At Dead End: Help And Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Your Help And Advise . Ejooooorrr by SHWEPESS: 6:03pm On Dec 26, 2013
Linda , I am a very good reader of LIb and I noticed you have posted couple of confusing experience from individual readers for their self benefit, and probably to help some people come out of the shell .
I am a perfect gentle married man with dream of having a nuclear family of father ,mother and children , and God gave myself wife a beautiful baby girl and I love m wife and children ...
Linda , something's actually bugs Me and I request your assistance to throw this letter open to find out people's opinion about my experience in my marriage ...
Before my Married I had Limited knowledge about the marriage of my mother in law ,she is divorced and lives In spain ...
The woman is very nice and I love her as an inlaw but the major problems I am encountering is her  interference in our family affair ....

1 - she takes my wife to parties and most times I get very confused , she usually Use style in informing me that she and my wife will be visiting her younger brother and colleagues in their club house ,sometimes they go to various parties dressing attractive , and even if she will invite me to come along , she will use style and tell me that ......AREYOU NOT COMING WITH US ? Obviously I cannot want to say yes cos I was not prepared ...
Now this places she takes my wife too , they hang out with her younger brother who has got numerous big bang friends who are promiscuous  and this same action has repeated itself more than 4 times ...
I am confused right now , what can I do ? 
Or am I too jealous ? 
Should I retaliate or divorce ?

I thought about sometimes back when my parents had a party to attend with me , they invited my wife and told her to come over from school because she is till running her masters In a university ... , she came along with unto the party with our baby ....my wife and grandmother abandons 1 year and 5 months baby at home with the nanny and go to the party dressing extremely attractive like those celebrities ....

Please help me and post brilliant suggestions
Re: Please I Need Your Help And Advise . Ejooooorrr by Seun(m): 6:04pm On Dec 26, 2013
Follow them to those places if you are suspicious.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Please I Need Your Help And Advise . Ejooooorrr by bigfree: 6:07pm On Dec 26, 2013
isn't it obvious, you have a cougar as a mother-inlaw and your wife is her latest recriut.
but on second thought, this is superstory. If it weren't, there will be a shootout or fist fight in that club cos you will move out with your boys, mapol, navy, or boy scouts and try to rescue your wife from destruction instead whinning here on cyberspace. Thats what i will do.
Re: Please I Need Your Help And Advise . Ejooooorrr by SHWEPESS: 6:10pm On Dec 26, 2013
They don,t pre- inform me , so there is now how I will start having my bath when they are going .....and u can imagine the kind of respect and trust one accords to mother inlaw ...
Re: Please I Need Your Help And Advise . Ejooooorrr by Justeenaleo(f): 6:13pm On Dec 26, 2013
SHWEPESS: They don,t pre- inform me , so there is now how I will start having my bath when they are going .....and u can imagine the kind of respect and trust one accords to mother inlaw ...
Just throw on some clothes,perfume and go with them whenever dey invite u,if u really want to be at peace

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need Your Help And Advise . Ejooooorrr by Ishilove: 6:17pm On Dec 26, 2013
Justeenaleo:
Just throw on some clothes,perfume and go with them whenever dey invite u,if u really want to be at peace
Shikena. Brush your teeth and do some sharp, two minutes bathing. That's the only way to keep your sanity and know what's really going on.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Your Help And Advise . Ejooooorrr by SHWEPESS: 6:18pm On Dec 26, 2013
I don't distrust , but don't like the fact that she takes my wife to parties .....she needs more time for. Her daughter ......then she doesn't have a car in NIGERIA .....so they usually drive my wife's car ...without my wife she cannot go out ...so everyday they move around from one place to the other ....my wife is unemployed but not very available at home as desired ....just having some psychological turmoils ....
Re: Please I Need Your Help And Advise . Ejooooorrr by Kanwulia: 6:20pm On Dec 26, 2013
It is obvious that neither THE WIFE OR HER MOTHER has an ounce of respect for the man or MARRIAGE. kiss

This is a test of manhood!
The wife and her mother are up to no good. . . time to relax and have some fun their expenses without raising a decibel in that house.
When you ignore such fools, they come to their senses faster. . .unless you want the marriage to go 'belly-up'!
I would IGNORE THE FOOLS. . .at least there is a nanny in the house. . . Time to get 2 nannies!

A child is involved here. . .THAT SHOULD BE THE FOCUS! kiss

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need Your Help And Advise . Ejooooorrr by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 26, 2013
Seun: Follow them to those places if you are suspicious.

Merry xmas Seun . . .

Just a question . . what's with this your obsession with Linda?

I can bet my 1kobo that you would have ignored this pose if it wan't from LIB.

Look like someone is in love grin grin

Just tell her nau, Linda is a nice girl, I'm sure she'll give you a chance!
Re: Please I Need Your Help And Advise . Ejooooorrr by Nobody: 6:24pm On Dec 26, 2013
SHWEPESS: I don't distrust , but don't like the fact that she takes my wife to parties .....she needs more time for. Her daughter ......then she doesn't have a car in NIGERIA .....so they usually drive my wife's car ...without my wife she cannot go out ...so everyday they move around from one place to the other ....my wife is unemployed but not very available at home as desired ....just having some psychological turmoils ....

Can't you stop your wife from going? Seriously, are you scared of your MIL?

i know you'll like to respect her but respect is EARNED and in this case, she hasn't earned it.

Your wife is your wife, you have a right to stop her from excessive indulgence.

*some men sha . . . SHM *
Re: Please I Need Your Help And Advise . Ejooooorrr by Nobody: 6:27pm On Dec 26, 2013
SHWEPESS: They don,t pre- inform me , so there is now how I will start having my bath when they are going .....and u can imagine the kind of respect and trust one accords to mother inlaw ...

What you need do is very simple. Just go to the party. Even if you join them after an hour. You need to know what goes on in those parties. You already know there are lots of rich aristos there and that is already a bad sign. These aristos dont see fine girl without making a move.

Please what time do they get back from these parties? 9pm or 2am? I am just curious.
Re: Please I Need Your Help And Advise . Ejooooorrr by Justeenaleo(f): 6:31pm On Dec 26, 2013
Ujujoan:

Merry xmas Seun . . .

Chai Ujujoan!!! Lmao
Re: Please I Need Your Help And Advise . Ejooooorrr by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 26, 2013
Re: Please I Need Your Help And Advise . Ejooooorrr by SHWEPESS: 6:53pm On Dec 26, 2013
Thanks for your comments , but the fact is that the Mil is just too nice as well ....I am honestly confused ,,,,

I am hot tempered and don't wanna raise brow on her ...
Re: Please I Need Your Help And Advise . Ejooooorrr by Kanwulia: 6:58pm On Dec 26, 2013
Real men are seldom confused!
No wonder you are saddled with such a wife that is giving you sleepless nights on NL.
Please, grow up and take care of your responsibilities as a HUSBAND AND AN IN-LAW.
You have a child to raise!

NEXT TIME, BE PREPARED! kiss
Re: Please I Need Your Help And Advise . Ejooooorrr by freda506(f): 7:10pm On Dec 26, 2013
Seun: Follow them to those places if you are suspicious.
exactly cool
Re: Please I Need Your Help And Advise . Ejooooorrr by Pretyangel25(f): 7:32pm On Dec 26, 2013
U married her remember so u have every right to stop her 4rm going any party or better still go wit her
Re: Please I Need Your Help And Advise . Ejooooorrr by Temismith(f): 8:19pm On Dec 26, 2013
See, na ur wife U̶̲̥̅̊ get talk wit ooo. Forget d moda. U̶̲̥̅̊ are d man of d house,take ur stand aπϑ make it known. U̶̲̥̅̊ are taking too much sheet abeg.d bible says she shud submit to U̶̲̥̅̊. Abeg abeg, dis issue D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ piss MƐ off.what nansense.U̶̲̥̅̊ beta speak now or forever remain silent. Cos like her moda ℓ̊Ƨ̷̜̩̌̋ doing to her, she might as well do to ur dota. Wake up man.
Re: Please I Need Your Help And Advise . Ejooooorrr by Toyinletstalk(f): 8:23pm On Dec 26, 2013
Poster, talk to your wife. What are they partying all around the town for? Are they celebrities that need to show their faces at all parties?

Now, if she is taking it otherwise, because she would to an extent, since her mother is involved, she will be a little sensitive about it. Follow them next time they are about to go to one of their parties, it will help you have an idea of what is going on. And it will put your wife on her toes.
Re: Please I Need Your Help And Advise . Ejooooorrr by SHWEPESS: 9:15pm On Dec 26, 2013
Thanks for your comments , hope she won't think I dislike her mother for restricting her ....plus her mum doesn't have a car for now due to some conditions .....so she usually driver her around with her own car ......won't she think dislike her mum ...
Re: Please I Need Your Help And Advise . Ejooooorrr by Nobody: 10:47pm On Dec 26, 2013
Poster, if you don't act now, a time will come u will not be able 2 do anything again. I believe you are in control of ur family's upkeep for now BUT God forbid, you may say to this: What if you wife gets a better job than you and she wields more financial power than you, that's means real wahala.

Your mother-in-law is too nice abi? Try and talk to her nicely about this issue and see if her *niceness* will still continue.

You better start putting your feet down before your daughter grows up and joins the night party bandwagon. God forbid!!! Do something reasonable or else it will be said: Like Grandmother, like mother, like daughter!!! ***Tufiakwa***
Re: Please I Need Your Help And Advise . Ejooooorrr by Dhelake: 12:13am On Dec 27, 2013
Ujujoan:

Merry xmas Seun . . .

I dunno if He is obsessed with Linda oo... but He is a regular in this family section
Re: Please I Need Your Help And Advise . Ejooooorrr by onegig(m): 8:39am On Dec 27, 2013
Seriously...........there's always a sly way of achieving your aims without showing your hands.#ghostmode

Those advocating he should follow them to the party........please on what premise?. It appears he is not the party type and why would he go to someplace he is not comortable with? If nothing, i will term that as blackmailing him into something he is not interested in.

@OP

Can you think out of the box?

You want to curtail this partying behaviour and in the process not offending anyone. It is simple. You cut off her cushions.

How? Can you pay the nanny to travel out for an unexplained emergency for two weeks? All she just has to tell your wife is something just popped up and she has to attend to it.

I bet your wife would be conditioned to stay at home to take care of your daughter. During this period you can use subtle ways of hammering your points home.

You need not offend anyone. You have shifted the onus of explaining why they cant go out to your wife and in the end have your wife at home. How you marshall your points to make her see reason should now be your problem.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Your Help And Advise . Ejooooorrr by Nobody: 8:57am On Dec 27, 2013
Uju! U gat a twisted mind!

Seun really loves that babe.

True talk.
Re: Please I Need Your Help And Advise . Ejooooorrr by Nobody: 11:50am On Dec 27, 2013
Ehen but whats wrong in mother taking her daughter to club,however if its a frequent occurence,then its crap.

Anyway,give her time,by the time she starts having babies,she wont have the strength and time to club again.na she go say she no dey go
Re: Please I Need Your Help And Advise . Ejooooorrr by UjSizzle(f): 1:38pm On Dec 27, 2013
I suppose she gives you last minute notice because she expects you to say No. So when next you're invited, surprise them. Get dressed and hop into that car with them smiley

Nothing as sweet as pouring sand inside someone's garri grin

And tell your wife you don't like her partying, she'll have to stop it cause you ain't comfortable with it.
Re: Please I Need Your Help And Advise . Ejooooorrr by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 27, 2013
Instead of assuming why not have a talk with your wife? You are so bothered by this issue and you didn't address it. Stop writing stories in your mind the mother may not know she is even offending you we don't all think and behave alike.

Since you don't like it have a talk with your wife.
Re: Please I Need Your Help And Advise . Ejooooorrr by tpia5: 3:01pm On Dec 27, 2013
Tell your wife you do not want her partying all the time and ignoring her family.
Re: Please I Need Your Help And Advise . Ejooooorrr by EfemenaXY: 3:32pm On Dec 27, 2013
SHWEPESS: Thanks for your comments , but the fact is that the Mil is just too nice as well ....I am honestly confused ,,,,

I am hot tempered and don't wanna raise brow on her ...

Kindly throw more light on the bolded bit. What do you mean by "the MIL is just too nice."? Nice how?
Re: Please I Need Your Help And Advise . Ejooooorrr by Nobody: 7:08pm On Dec 27, 2013
SHWEPESS: Linda , I am a very good reader of LIb and I noticed you have posted couple of confusing experience from individual readers for their self benefit, and probably to help some people come out of the shell .
I am a perfect gentle married man with dream of having a nuclear family of father ,mother and children , and God gave myself wife a beautiful baby girl and I love m wife and children ...
Linda , something's actually bugs Me and I request your assistance to throw this letter open to find out people's opinion about my experience in my marriage ...

Please help me and post brilliant suggestions 
[quote author=SHWEPESS]Linda , I am a very good reader of

Just curious... Is NL an extension of LIB? Mr Shwepess, this story did not happen to you right? Because if it did, you won't say dear Linda when you are on NL. This post was addressed to Linda, so why is OP responding as if it happened to him I smell BS!
Re: Please I Need Your Help And Advise . Ejooooorrr by baaliyah(m): 6:32pm On Dec 28, 2013
If the car is not available, would your wife still go with her mom in a chartered car.
Act like a man. If you dont like confrontation, demobilise the car secretly at the last hour. If your wife is more concerned about the party than her car then there are problems.
Re: Please I Need Your Help And Advise . Ejooooorrr by dicz: 9:47am On Jan 10, 2014
You r not the one who's jealous bro, its ur mothr in law who is jealous of her daughter for having a good hubby, she jst want her daughter to end up like her n if ur wife doesn't c that, she'll do the same thing to ur daughter. I wish everything gets well with ur family.God bless you

(1) (Reply)

My Mother's House Or My Sister's House / Reaction To Theft. / The Most Disturbing Kid's Book Of All Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.