Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,002 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

A Family At Dead End: Help And Advise - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Family At Dead End: Help And Advise (1047 Views)

Which Should Come First Between Career & Marriage In A Family? / Please I Need Your Help And Advise . Ejooooorrr / At A Dead End (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Family At Dead End: Help And Advise by shakespere: 2:05pm On Jun 17, 2011
I am in my early 30s, married with 2 kids and expecting a third one. In 2 weeks i would be relieved of my present job (downsizing), done lots of job hunting and so far no result so i can at least move into a new job. Present salary less than 100k, so we just get by. Right now wife is not working, not because we don't want but cus we can't find. We have however thought of a small business but capital?

I need help in getting another job in the admin/Hr arena( about 6 years experience). The job i do presently has become dead end and i am not happy going to work every day again especially because of constant threat of firing (other reasons, i am not blameless, but i do my job well) once i am relieve of my job then i can not fend for my family. I am scared, and trying hard to think of a way out, no savings, cus lots of things to be done.

What i have quickly done is pay at least 80 per cent of my yearly house rent, pay half of my children school fees, so that i will not be totally affected.

I have some business idea like floating a magazine/ books, but that takes lots of time to 'germinate', i write very well and have made small income from it but nothing sustainable.

I am not looking for financial help, it would be nice if somebody can help end my job hunting. A family man should never be a jobless man. its not fun watching your children go hungry, or be sent back from school, or the landlord screaming, or having no money to take care of bills

Please i need your advise and help. Any one willing to help can reach me on: manfamily87@gmail.com

I am not in need of sympathy just practical solution. I believe every one understand how bad it can be for the breadwinner of the family to lose his job. Urgent help needed.

Thank you all
Re: A Family At Dead End: Help And Advise by Bawss1(m): 2:17pm On Jun 17, 2011
Na wa o.
Re: A Family At Dead End: Help And Advise by Bossman(m): 3:50am On Jun 18, 2011
I commend you for looking ahead and thinking things out. I know you said you have searched but without much luck. Don't worry, it takes a little while. Try to leverage the experience you already have. Also, try to network as much as possible. A lot of things in Nigeria is who you know ( I am assuming you are in Naija). You sound like someone with a good head on his shoulders and you will do well I wish you the best.
Re: A Family At Dead End: Help And Advise by obowunmi(m): 7:05am On Jun 18, 2011
While ure here, some politician has 100 million just sitting in his bank account. Smh!
Re: A Family At Dead End: Help And Advise by monkeyleg: 11:43am On Jun 18, 2011
@Shakespare,

Is it by choice or you are being forced out of your job? If being forced, then you need to start thinking of ways you can start a small business to get you by. Nothing big for now that requires huge capital. That would probably give you enough time and space to think of your next move and also keep money coming in, not matter how small.

The thing, is that one is often faced with challenges were you have no other option but to restructure, but the thing is that it only last for a short while.

Are there any courses you can do that will give you and advantage getting better work?
Re: A Family At Dead End: Help And Advise by shakespere: 8:51am On Jun 20, 2011
Thank you every one for your concern. Leaving the job at this time is not my decision.

I hope someone out there who know of an opening(s) can help urgently especially for those who work in Hr outsourcing companies, i am counting a lot on your help. Please if you need to contact me directly use this email: manfamily87@gmail.com
Re: A Family At Dead End: Help And Advise by jerk: 2:42pm On Jun 20, 2011
Why weren't you saving before?
Re: A Family At Dead End: Help And Advise by Ivynwa(f): 7:44am On Jun 21, 2011
How about visiting the websites of some Nigerian Banks and submitting your resume with them?  Have you submitted your Resume with The communication companies around like MTN, GLO etc? Find a way to make your Cover letter stand out, ring such a bell that can get you noticed enough to be invited over for an interview. I have once been invited for an interview just because somebody in the HR got hooked by a line in my Cover letter. You will get a good offer definitely I am sure. You sound smart and intelligent.
If you can be sending out 5 resumes/applications everyday, you will get lucky for sure.

(1) (Reply)

The Philosophy Of Marriage / How Do I Make Her See Reason Without Sounding Too 'christian'? / Must Read For The Ladies!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.