Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:51 AM

Idi Amin: A True African Hero Portrayed A Villain By Western Propaganda! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Idi Amin: A True African Hero Portrayed A Villain By Western Propaganda! (3535 Views)

Buhari And Fuel Scarcity: See How The WOMAN In Diezani Was Portrayed By A Fan / Genetically Modified crops being grown on Nigerian soil by Western nation firms / Chibok: I Am Not Uncaring As Portrayed - Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Idi Amin: A True African Hero Portrayed A Villain By Western Propaganda! by tomakint: 9:30am On Dec 27, 2013
I have always maintained that the Western World will continue to have their ways on us (Africans and other developing nations) as long as we do their bidding viz-a-viz; democracy, capitalism, free-market policies and the likes. They (Western World) want to dominate us at all cost through their many Think-Tank's schemes represented all mover the world, as long as we are tied to the apron-spring of these policies forced down our throats by the Western Powers we shall remain their slaves. Idi Amin withstood them till he breathe his last below are some of his notable quotes;

"I am not a politician but a professional soldier. I am, therefore, a man of few words and I have been brief through my professional career."
Idi Amin, president of Uganda, from his first speech to the Ugandan nation in January 1971.

"Germany is the place where when Hitler was the prime minister and supreme commander, he burned over six million Jews. This is because Hitler and all German people knew that Israelis are not people who are working in the interest of the world and that is why they burned the Israelis alive with gas in the soil of Germany."
Idi Amin, president of Uganda, part of a telegram sent to Kurt Waldheim, UN Secretary-General, and Golda Meir, Israeli premier, on 12 September 1972.

"I am the hero of Africa."
Idi Amin, president of Uganda, as quoted in Newsweek 12 March 1973.

"Sometimes people mistake the way I talk for what I am thinking. I never had any formal education -- not even nursery school certificate. But, sometimes I know more than Ph.D.'s because as a military man I know how to act, I am a man of action."
Idi Amin, president of Uganda, as quoted in Thomas and Margaret Melady's Idi Amin Dada: Hitler in Africa, Kansas City, 1977.

"I do not want to be controlled by any superpower. I myself consider myself the most powerful figure in the world, and that is why I do not let any superpower control me."
Idi Amin, president of Uganda, as quoted in Thomas and Margaret Melady's Idi Amin Dada: Hitler in Africa, Kansas City, 1977.

"His Excellency President for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor Idi Amin, VC, DSO, MC, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Sea, and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular."
The titles that Idi Amin, president of Uganda, gave himself, as reported in "A Clown Drenched in Brutality", Sunday Times, 27 July 2003.

See more here; http://www.quotesdaddy.com/author/Idi+Amin+Dada

1 Share

Re: Idi Amin: A True African Hero Portrayed A Villain By Western Propaganda! by Tremor007: 10:57am On Sep 14, 2016
Hmmmn, Idi Amin was a real ruthless leader Countries in Africa needs. I really love his anti-superpowers stance, his only problem was that he got power drunk.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

LCC Begs As AIG MBU Abducts Toll Operator!!!! / Power Won’t Return To The South Again – Northern Leaders (July 17, 2013) / River State PDP Boils As Dss Found N700 Million In River State Rec Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.