Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,288 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:19 AM

Chibok: I Am Not Uncaring As Portrayed - Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chibok: I Am Not Uncaring As Portrayed - Jonathan (12073 Views)

Buhari And Fuel Scarcity: See How The WOMAN In Diezani Was Portrayed By A Fan / Idi Amin: A True African Hero Portrayed A Villain By Western Propaganda! / Lagos Flood: Acn Condemns ‘uncaring’ Jonathan For Not Visiting Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chibok: I Am Not Uncaring As Portrayed - Jonathan by henroe2k2(m): 5:57am On Jun 28, 2014
President Goodluck Jonathan has reiterated his determination to bring back the more than 200 Chibok school girls saying that his silence in the past was to avoid compromising investigations on the abductions.

In a 514 word opinion piece article published in yesterday’s edition of the Washington Post, President Jonathan regretted that his silence on
the issue has been misconstrued by critics as a sign of weakness as he confessed that as a father, he was touched by the feelings of the parents of the abducted girls.

In the article titled “Nothing is more important than bringing home Nigeria’s missing girls” the president said that the terrorism in Nigeria is not unique and that it was in that respect that Nigeria this month, alongside, Benin, Cameroon, Chad, Niger, Britain and the United States established an External Intelligence Response Unit to share security information on such threats in West Africa.

He added that he would, in September, propose to the United Nations to establish an international force to tackle the activities of such terrorists anywhere there are found.

Saying he was not weak on the issue as portrayed, Jonathan said: “I have had to remain quiet about the continuing efforts by Nigeria’s military, police and investigators to find the girls kidnapped in April from the town of Chibok by the terrorist group Boko Haram. I am deeply concerned, however, that my silence as we work to accomplish the task at hand is being misused by partisan critics to suggest inaction or even weakness.”

“My silence has been necessary to avoid compromising the details of our investigation. But let me state this unequivocally: My government
and our security and intelligence services have spared no resources, have not stopped and will not stop until the girls are returned home and the
thugs who took them are brought to justice.

On my orders, our forces have aggressively sought these killers in the forests of northern Borno state, where they are based. They are fully committed to defending the integrity of their country.”

“My heart aches for the missing children and their families. I am a parent myself, and I know how awfully this must hurt. Nothing is more important to me than finding and rescuing our girls.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/06/chibok-uncaring-portrayed-jonathan/#sthash.9goFuY4o.dpuf

1 Like

Re: Chibok: I Am Not Uncaring As Portrayed - Jonathan by Mynd44: 6:10am On Jun 28, 2014
I guess now that the FG has finally agreed that the girls are missing, they can start thinking of bringing em back

20 Likes

Re: Chibok: I Am Not Uncaring As Portrayed - Jonathan by slimpoppa(m): 6:14am On Jun 28, 2014
Mr President, i dont believe you.

14 Likes

Re: Chibok: I Am Not Uncaring As Portrayed - Jonathan by Nobody: 6:19am On Jun 28, 2014
May God help and give you the wisdom to bring them back safely...Amen

9 Likes

Re: Chibok: I Am Not Uncaring As Portrayed - Jonathan by Sijo01(f): 6:19am On Jun 28, 2014
Neither am I uncaring

2 Likes

Re: Chibok: I Am Not Uncaring As Portrayed - Jonathan by ajahexcel(m): 6:19am On Jun 28, 2014
I believe you mr president, the uncaring are the supporters of BH

5 Likes

Re: Chibok: I Am Not Uncaring As Portrayed - Jonathan by kolomax(m): 6:21am On Jun 28, 2014
sir.......JONA hmmmmmmmm

17 Likes

Re: Chibok: I Am Not Uncaring As Portrayed - Jonathan by hijacke(m): 6:22am On Jun 28, 2014
Sorry sir, but you are

10 Likes

Re: Chibok: I Am Not Uncaring As Portrayed - Jonathan by LMAyedun(m): 6:23am On Jun 28, 2014
Nigeria is a very difficult country to govern..
The wisdom, Grace and knowledge from above shall this day be bestowed on the president, to lead the Nation in a different direction & #BringBackOurGirls

GEJ till 2019

11 Likes

Re: Chibok: I Am Not Uncaring As Portrayed - Jonathan by Rajy00(m): 6:23am On Jun 28, 2014
ur slow action made it seems so

11 Likes

Re: Chibok: I Am Not Uncaring As Portrayed - Jonathan by omanifrank(m): 6:24am On Jun 28, 2014
ok

1 Like

Re: Chibok: I Am Not Uncaring As Portrayed - Jonathan by Drhenrysaint(m): 6:26am On Jun 28, 2014
kolomax: Sir,just shut-up..
is ur internal memory correct at al. Bagger!!!

16 Likes

Re: Chibok: I Am Not Uncaring As Portrayed - Jonathan by Afrocatalyst: 6:27am On Jun 28, 2014
You have our support. Just bring them back pls. It's horrifying.
Re: Chibok: I Am Not Uncaring As Portrayed - Jonathan by Nobody: 6:31am On Jun 28, 2014
Its is really funny when I see obama talking without a script and the man is making so much sense and then I see jona reading a script written for him by his wife and simple sense no dey wetin him dey tlk. Most of u supporting this man shld put these girls families into consideration as a parent not knowing if ur child is still alive or not? The kind of psycological damage these girls would av gone through. I jst can't imagine it. Hw long are those girls gonna stay with those boko haram before sumfin gets done by our CARING president

22 Likes

Re: Chibok: I Am Not Uncaring As Portrayed - Jonathan by joe4christ(m): 6:33am On Jun 28, 2014
No, you dont just fuckin give a damn Mr. President...

11 Likes

Re: Chibok: I Am Not Uncaring As Portrayed - Jonathan by pontirock(m): 6:34am On Jun 28, 2014
For more than 75 days?

8 Likes

Re: Chibok: I Am Not Uncaring As Portrayed - Jonathan by ebullientV(m): 6:34am On Jun 28, 2014
They just play politics with every national issue; even the lives of citizens...
Saying things that are not and denying the things that are...
I don't like talking bad about the leaders, but this has got to be one of the most docile, callous and incompetent govt. in d world... And that's a shame..

12 Likes

Re: Chibok: I Am Not Uncaring As Portrayed - Jonathan by EmmaOgbu(m): 6:35am On Jun 28, 2014
Make I go sleep first. U think ur talking to children of 8months and below?

10 Likes

Re: Chibok: I Am Not Uncaring As Portrayed - Jonathan by Lacombre: 6:35am On Jun 28, 2014
Nigerians love ceremony,noise and unnecessry brouhaha. What they want is for Jonathan to tell them every step he has/is taking towards the abduction and anticipated release. They want empty promises,are hooked on to chest beating and rely on spoken words. If he had spoken,the media wld have turned and twisted every word and phrase into unimaginable things which cld hv dire consequences on the release process.
Same way we ask abt the foreign intelligence agencies. There is a time for everything.

13 Likes

Re: Chibok: I Am Not Uncaring As Portrayed - Jonathan by esoboy875(m): 6:36am On Jun 28, 2014
Mr presido, we need actions nd results and not mere stories.

5 Likes

Re: Chibok: I Am Not Uncaring As Portrayed - Jonathan by sammieguze(m): 6:37am On Jun 28, 2014
Prove it Mr

4 Likes

Re: Chibok: I Am Not Uncaring As Portrayed - Jonathan by vedaxcool(m): 6:37am On Jun 28, 2014
U are sir! and wasting $1.2m on pr shows clearly what ur intentions are for the above article. http://saharareporters.com/news-page/nigeria%E2%80%99s-goodluck-jonathan-begins-his-charm-offensivesay

U said muslims and christians must come together, Really? After your deliberate policy of division and promoting sectarianism and clannishness, how do u want that to happen, ok I see we should come tothegether and vote for u come 2015, I am sorry we will come together and send u out of office come 2015. Insha Allah. Amin

13 Likes

Re: Chibok: I Am Not Uncaring As Portrayed - Jonathan by Talkcentral: 6:38am On Jun 28, 2014
Then are you really caring, I see.

How Charly Boy Stormed Out During Imo State Govt Organised Tribute For Late Dad
>>> http://www./entertainment/charly-boy-stormed-out-during-imo-state-govt/
Re: Chibok: I Am Not Uncaring As Portrayed - Jonathan by Nobody: 6:38am On Jun 28, 2014
I wrote this yesterday on a different thread:
MissMeiya: It's all so contrived. Did you guys know he actually wrote an explanation for his behavior in the Washington Post?? He can't be bothered to explain himself to his own citizens, but he went and wrote an article for another country's people--most of whom don't know or CARE who he is. Meanwhile, Nigerians have to hear news from Twitter and Nairaland. We had to start an international Twitter campaign and bring in foreign journalists before we got that stúpid "presidential chat" (of "America will know" and "corruption is ordinary stealing" and "my face will just change" infamy)--the first time he BOTHERED to address the country on the issue, and now that they are gone, he has nothing to say to Nigerians again, but is running to Paris and South Africa and writing fairytales for a Washington newspaper. I have no respect for this person, none at ALL. *spit*

22 Likes

Re: Chibok: I Am Not Uncaring As Portrayed - Jonathan by victorazy(m): 6:39am On Jun 28, 2014
Anybody that said "u don't care" is a f00l sir.

(Thunder go fire anybody that will negetively quote me) angry

2 Likes

Re: Chibok: I Am Not Uncaring As Portrayed - Jonathan by EbirichBen(m): 6:42am On Jun 28, 2014
Even in the International Community, they don't use force to fight Terrorists. So let us just keep praying for the Girls.
If the President gives any order, or ask the Airforce to strike, thesame International Community will still sanction the country that its not a war.

1 Like

Re: Chibok: I Am Not Uncaring As Portrayed - Jonathan by Project400: 6:42am On Jun 28, 2014
stop until the girls are returned home and the thugs who took them are brought to justice.

Rightly used smiley
Re: Chibok: I Am Not Uncaring As Portrayed - Jonathan by victorazy(m): 6:44am On Jun 28, 2014
vedaxcool: U are sir! and wasting $1.2m on pr shows clearly what ur intentions are for the above article. http://saharareporters.com/news-page/nigeria%E2%80%99s-goodluck-jonathan-begins-his-charm-offensivesay

U said muslims and christians must come together, Really? After your deliberate policy of division and promoting sectarianism and clannishness, how do u want that to happen, ok I see we should come tothegether and vote for u come 2015, I am sorry we will come together and send u out of office come 2015. Insha Allah. Amin

Mr. President don't need ur vote to win, we're solidly behind him 2015 election. I never voted last presidential election but 2015 I must vote and is all for GEJ "haters go and die"

1 Like

Re: Chibok: I Am Not Uncaring As Portrayed - Jonathan by Psychodavidovic(m): 6:45am On Jun 28, 2014
Voting won't change Nigeria.
Re: Chibok: I Am Not Uncaring As Portrayed - Jonathan by cr8v(f): 6:45am On Jun 28, 2014
Not only you Mr. President, Seun has not explained to us what happened to Nairaland and how to #bringbackourdata I also believe he is not insensitive or uncaring but does not want to compromise information so far

Meanwhile let's celebrate that Nairaland is back. Order your logo design to with us. see samples

2 Likes

Re: Chibok: I Am Not Uncaring As Portrayed - Jonathan by Project400: 6:46am On Jun 28, 2014
Lacombre: Nigerians love ceremony,noise and unnecessry brouhaha. What they want is for Jonathan to tell them every step he has/taking towards the abduction and anticipated release. They want empty promises,are hooked on to chest beating and rely on spoken words. If he had spoken,the media wld have turned and twisted every word and phrase into unimaginable things which cld hv dire consequences on the release process.
Same way we ask abt the foreign intelligence agencies. There is a time for everything.

The reason for his silence is not far-fetched. The fear of mega & mini media houses in Nigeria is the beginning of wisdom smiley

1 Like

Re: Chibok: I Am Not Uncaring As Portrayed - Jonathan by jaymichael(m): 6:46am On Jun 28, 2014
vedaxcool: U are sir! and wasting $1.2m on pr shows clearly what ur intentions are for the above article. http://saharareporters.com/news-page/nigeria%E2%80%99s-goodluck-jonathan-begins-his-charm-offensivesay

If only I can afford to, I will give you 1m Naira, but you I ll give you 1,000,000 likes for your statement.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Orders Arrest Of Officials Diverting Food At IDP's Camp / Card Reader Fails At Sanwo-Olu's Polling Unit / Man Converts His Keke To A Rover To Carry Passengers In Lagos (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.