Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,098 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

How I Averted Yoruba/ Fulani Clash - Emir of Ilorin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Averted Yoruba/ Fulani Clash - Emir of Ilorin (1510 Views)

Ombaste/fulani Clash: Alakio Village Under Attack / 20 Killed In Renewed TIV/Fulani Clash In Benue / Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Averted Yoruba/ Fulani Clash - Emir of Ilorin by Nobody: 10:54am On Dec 27, 2013
The emir of Ilorin, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-
Gambari has narrated how he prevented a
Yoruba/Fulani ethnic conflict that he said
could have thrown the country into a major
crisis about two months ago.
The monarch made the revelation yesterday
at the annual national conference of the
Ilorin Emirate Descendants Progressive Union
(IEDPU), at Fufu in Ilorin South local
government area.
Sulu-Gambari said the conflict would have
started in his domain before it was averted.
He disclosed that a clash between the Yoruba
people and the Fulani herdsmen in Alapa area
in Asa local government in the Ilorin Emirate
would have triggered off a war, if not for
his intervention.
The emir said that some people alleged that
after the death of a Yoruba man in a clash
between a Fulani and Yoruba man, members
of the Oodua People’s Congress (OPC) were
mobilised to attack the Fulani people in the
area the following day.
He added that it was further alleged that
after OPC members had killed many of the
Fulani herdsmen, their wives and children,
they carried away their cattle and disposed
of them in Ibadan.
The monarch disclosed that this allegation
made a group of militants from the far
north of the country to mobilise themselves
and prepare to come to Ilorin to avenge the
killing of their Fulani kinsmen.
He said that when he heard of this plan, he
quickly intervened by explaining to the people
that the progenitor of the head of Ilorin
Emirate was from the Sokoto Sultanate and
that both the Fulani and Yoruba people in
the emirate were one people, cohabiting
without discrimination.
Sulu-Gambari disclosed that what he said
discouraged the people from going ahead
with their vengeance mission and thanked
God that his intervention worked, saying
that the reprisal attack would have
aggravated the security problems of the
country.
He said that the Fulani herdsmen left who
were displaced after their huts were burnt
during the conflict had been relocated to a
camp. He said that along with assistance the
Kwara State government had rendered to
the camp, he had donated N1million for
their feeding.
The monarch, who described Kwara State as
the gateway between the North and South-
west of the country said that if Ilorin the
state capital, or the state as a whole were
to be engulfed in violence, the whole
country would be in trouble.
He called on the people of his Ilorin
community to discourage violence by not
discriminating against one another based on
ethnicity; saying that they had all came
from elsewhere to live in the community and
had long become brothers and sisters.
The emir commended the leadership of the
IEDPU for the achievements recorded within
its tenure, under the presidency of Saka
Yusuf.

http://leadership.ng/news/271213/how-i-averted-yoruba-fulani-clash-emir-ilorin
Re: How I Averted Yoruba/ Fulani Clash - Emir of Ilorin by Nobody: 11:24am On Dec 27, 2013
This Emir is a funny man, he should have allowed them to come now. He knows their coming will inadvertently lead to their end and his end thereafter, he's now coming to say rubbish.

We all know how he was panicking and running around when several fulanis were slayed in response to the killing of a Yoruba Alhaji. He was scared the thing can deteriorate and consume them all.
Mr Emir, you shall live in fear till u flee!

...and yea, I love the OPC's swift response in Ilorin, they rearrange any bas.tard who tries to pass the laid boundaries. S/O to Salam Maruff Olanrewaju their leader.

1 Like

Re: How I Averted Yoruba/ Fulani Clash - Emir of Ilorin by Nobody: 12:03pm On Dec 27, 2013
silent don: The emir of Ilorin, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-
Gambari has narrated how he prevented a
Yoruba/Fulani ethnic conflict that he said
could have thrown the country into a major
crisis about two months ago.
The monarch made the revelation yesterday
at the annual national conference of the
Ilorin Emirate Descendants Progressive Union
(IEDPU), at Fufu in Ilorin South local
government area.
Sulu-Gambari said the conflict would have
started in his domain before it was averted.
He disclosed that a clash between the Yoruba
people and the Fulani herdsmen in Alapa area
in Asa local government in the Ilorin Emirate
would have triggered off a war, if not for
his intervention.
The emir said that some people alleged that
after the death of a Yoruba man in a clash
between a Fulani and Yoruba man, members
of the Oodua People’s Congress (OPC) were
mobilised to attack the Fulani people in the
area the following day.
He added that it was further alleged that
after OPC members had killed many of the
Fulani herdsmen, their wives and children,
they carried away their cattle and disposed
of them in Ibadan.
The monarch disclosed that this allegation
made a group of militants from the far
north of the country to mobilise themselves
and prepare to come to Ilorin to avenge the
killing of their Fulani kinsmen.
He said that when he heard of this plan, he
quickly intervened by explaining to the people
that the progenitor of the head of Ilorin
Emirate was from the Sokoto Sultanate and
that both the Fulani and Yoruba people in
the emirate were one people,
cohabiting
without discrimination.
Sulu-Gambari disclosed that what he said
discouraged the people from going ahead
with their vengeance mission and thanked
God that his intervention worked, saying
that the reprisal attack would have
aggravated the security problems of the
country.
He said that the Fulani herdsmen left who
were displaced after their huts were burnt
during the conflict had been relocated to a
camp. He said that along with assistance the
Kwara State government had rendered to
the camp, he had donated N1million for
their feeding.
The monarch, who described Kwara State as
the gateway between the North and South-
west of the country said that if Ilorin the
state capital, or the state as a whole were
to be engulfed in violence, the whole
country would be in trouble.
He called on the people of his Ilorin
community to discourage violence by not
discriminating against one another based on
ethnicity; saying that they had all came
from elsewhere to live in the community and
had long become brothers and sisters.
The emir commended the leadership of the
IEDPU for the achievements recorded within
its tenure, under the presidency of Saka
Yusuf.

http://leadership.ng/news/271213/how-i-averted-yoruba-fulani-clash-emir-ilorin

I can now understand the fusion of the ACN and the CPC.
I can now understand the conspiracy of the APC against the rest of us.

2 Likes

Re: How I Averted Yoruba/ Fulani Clash - Emir of Ilorin by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 27, 2013
noblezone:

I can now understand the fusion of the ACN and the CPC.
I can now understand the conspiracy of the APC against the rest of us.

Throw more light on this, thanks.
Re: How I Averted Yoruba/ Fulani Clash - Emir of Ilorin by Nobody: 1:08pm On Dec 27, 2013
silent don:

Throw more light on this, thanks.

See the bolded in m qoute of the main article.
Re: How I Averted Yoruba/ Fulani Clash - Emir of Ilorin by WarriPikin1: 2:26pm On Dec 27, 2013
silent don:

This Emir is a funny man, he should have allowed them to come now. He knows their coming will inadvertently lead to their end and his end thereafter, he's now coming to say rubbish.

We all know how he was panicking and running around when several fulanis were slayed in response to the killing of a Yoruba Alhaji. He was scared the thing can deteriorate and consume them all.
Mr Emir, you shall live in fear till u flee!

...and yea, I love the OPC's swift response in Ilorin, they rearrange any bas.tard who tries to pass the laid boundaries. S/O to Salam Maruff Olanrewaju their leader.

Typically, a coward usually comes out to boast as soon as a war is prevented. Now you are making mouth because the Emir succeeded in stopping Fulani, instead of thanking God and thanking the Emir for begging the fulani to spare your lives. if Fulani had refused the Emir and had come now, you would run faster than Ben Johnson leaving women and children behind. Only one group of Nigerians the fulani would not dare attack in their land and you and I know it isn't the yorubas.

5 Likes

Re: How I Averted Yoruba/ Fulani Clash - Emir of Ilorin by phase1: 2:43pm On Dec 27, 2013
Fulani no dey forgive oo. They will retaliate in 10 folds, you can bet on that. Go ask Berom people, them go yarn you well. grin grin grin

This thread is gonna be hot. The E-warriors are on their way. grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: How I Averted Yoruba/ Fulani Clash - Emir of Ilorin by Nobody: 3:25pm On Dec 27, 2013
Warri _Pikin:

Typically, a coward usually comes out to boast as soon as a war is prevented. Now you are making mouth because the Emir succeeded in stopping Fulani, instead of thanking God and thanking the Emir for begging the fulani to spare your lives. if Fulani had refused the Emir and had come now, you would run faster than Ben Johnson leaving women and children behind. Only one group of Nigerians the fulani would not dare attack in their land and you and I know it isn't the yorubas.

Hahaha, the Fulanis know better. They don't get away with all d rubbish they do elsewhere when they do such in yorubaland.They, and we on ground know better, you elsewhere can't do more than expected >>> speculate and also propagate propaganda..... nobody gives a fvck about what u lots say, everybody knows your ill wishes. And yes, change that warri to aba

3 Likes

Re: How I Averted Yoruba/ Fulani Clash - Emir of Ilorin by Nobody: 3:28pm On Dec 27, 2013
phase1: Fulani no dey forgive oo. They will retaliate in 10 folds, you can bet on that. Go ask Berom people, them go yarn you well. grin grin grin

This thread is gonna be hot. The E-warriors are on their way. grin grin cheesy cheesy

Jos different from Ilorin my guy.
Re: How I Averted Yoruba/ Fulani Clash - Emir of Ilorin by phase1: 6:03pm On Dec 27, 2013
silent don:

Jos different from Ilorin my guy.

Yeah,I agree with you. One refuses to have an Emir (Jos), the other (illorin) enjoys having the Fulani as their Emir in exchange for relative peace. wink

3 Likes

Re: How I Averted Yoruba/ Fulani Clash - Emir of Ilorin by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:28pm On Dec 27, 2013
Warri _Pikin:

what has ur MASSOB and mend done abt the killings of ur brothers up north?

What happens after ALL the ULTIMATUMS they alwys give?

And if u call the swift response of the OPC cowardice, what shld be call a man who ran off the war front in a lady's cloth, hero?

Of course, in the land of the biafrans, he is ur hero even after absconding and coming to eat at the table of Nigeria whom he has afore despised!!!

U guys shld be ashamed!!!

8 Likes

Re: How I Averted Yoruba/ Fulani Clash - Emir of Ilorin by naijaking1: 7:46pm On Dec 27, 2013
Fulani leadership in Ilorin is a classic example of betrayal, abuse of power. and why Africans don't do well politically. Afonja that betrayed the Oyo king should forever be ashamed. He was a lesson on what not to become, instead he has inspired other criminals in Nigeria to focus on' me' and not on 'us'
Re: How I Averted Yoruba/ Fulani Clash - Emir of Ilorin by Nobody: 8:50pm On Dec 27, 2013
phase1:

Yeah,I agree with you. One refuses to have an Emir (Jos), the other (illorin) enjoys having the Fulani as their Emir in exchange for relative peace. wink

phase1:

Lol, I perceive your sense of history. The times have changed and you can't compare then, when it takes killing or capturing a single person to take over the rulership of a place to now, where it takes much more.

And in case you don't know, it is not on record and certainly won't subsequently be (because we won't see it happen) that Fulani herdsmen kill some Yoruba sons on Yorubaland and don't get some feedback. This is not always the case in Jos and this is the just basis of my comparison.
Re: How I Averted Yoruba/ Fulani Clash - Emir of Ilorin by phase1: 9:54pm On Dec 27, 2013
FULANI 0-1YORUBA. half time grin grin cheesy
Re: How I Averted Yoruba/ Fulani Clash - Emir of Ilorin by phase1: 9:59pm On Dec 27, 2013
SLIDE waxie: what has ur MASSOB and mend done abt the killings of ur brothers up north?

And if u call the swift response of the OPC cowardice, what shld be call a man who ran off the war front in a lady's cloth, hero?

Of course, in the land of the biafrans, he is ur hero even after absconding and coming to eat at the table of Nigeria whom he has afore despised!!!

^^^why is this guy shouting, is he an aare ona KUNFU .
Re: How I Averted Yoruba/ Fulani Clash - Emir of Ilorin by T9ksy(m): 11:00pm On Dec 27, 2013
SLIDE waxie: what has ur MASSOB and mend done abt the killings of ur brothers up north?

They recant............like their hero who promised to fight till the last man but soon abandoned his people on the

battlefield to go and cavort with ladies of easy virtues in Abidjan.

3 Likes

Re: How I Averted Yoruba/ Fulani Clash - Emir of Ilorin by Mightymanna(m): 11:15pm On Dec 27, 2013
phase1: FULANI 0-1YORUBA. half time grin grin cheesy
bros its 5minutes yet
Re: How I Averted Yoruba/ Fulani Clash - Emir of Ilorin by Mightymanna(m): 11:33pm On Dec 27, 2013
Haba Alhaji gambari where were you when the cowards yorubas are killing our brothers may be you want another fulani invasion wallahi let me tell you one thing, its in our blood to avenge every killing of our living possesion weather human or animal,infact we are not forgiving the hausas talkless of you southern negros wallahi i know my people they will definetely avenge five fold and this time we will not stop at ilorin hm we are going down to lagos the worst thing is that you stole our cows which are part our life please ask beroms for further imformation

1 Like

Re: How I Averted Yoruba/ Fulani Clash - Emir of Ilorin by T9ksy(m): 11:44pm On Dec 27, 2013
Mightymanna: Haba Alhaji gambari where were you when the cowards yorubas are killing our brothers may be you want another fulani invasion wallahi let me tell you one thing, its in our blood to avenge every killing of our living possesion weather human or animal,infact we are not forgiving the hausas talkless of you southern negros wallahi i know my people they will definetely avenge five fold and [b]this time we will not stop at ilorin hm we are going down to lagos [/b]the worst thing is that you stole our cows which are part our life please ask beroms for further imformation

@ bolded............. and we shall be waiting.......................

1 Like

Re: How I Averted Yoruba/ Fulani Clash - Emir of Ilorin by naijaking1: 11:56pm On Dec 27, 2013
Mightymanna: Haba Alhaji gambari where were you when the cowards yorubas are killing our brothers may be you want another fulani invasion wallahi let me tell you one thing, its in our blood to avenge every killing of our living possesion weather human or animal,infact we are not forgiving the hausas talkless of you southern negros wallahi i know my people they will definetely avenge five fold and this time we will not stop at ilorin hm we are going down to lagos the worst thing is that you stole our cows which are part our life please ask beroms for further imformation

Remember your people presented to a guallible Afonja as a visiting Arabic scholar, who advised on on "modern" military theories, convinced him to rebel against the Oyo king, then you attacked him when he had lost the loyalty of his king at Ife. It was like a joke, small, small, other Fulanis began to come down to Ilorin, the northern boarder city of Oyo empire.
You still want to go down and establish an Ibadan, Akure, and Ife emirates with Fulanis
Hopefully, you'll limit that cra.ziness to the west it wouldn't happen in Aligbo with Igbos still living. You'd ready to kill them all, before pulling an Afonja on any small village.

2 Likes

Re: How I Averted Yoruba/ Fulani Clash - Emir of Ilorin by Mightymanna(m): 12:07am On Dec 28, 2013
naijaking1:

Remember your people presented to a guallible Afonja as a visiting Arabic scholar, who advised on on "modern" military theories, convinced him to rebel against the Oyo king, then you attacked him when he had lost the loyalty of his king at Ife. It was like a joke, small, small, other Fulanis began to come down to Ilorin, the northern boarder city of Oyo empire.
You still want to go down and establish an Ibadan, Akure, and Ife emirates with Fulanis
Hopefully, you'll limit that cra.ziness to the west it wouldn't happen in Aligbo with Igbos still living. You'd ready to kill them all, before pulling an Afonja on any small village.
hahahaha we are peace and calm please dont touch our cows and women.thats why we butcher you guys from sahara desert down to atlantic ocean jos,benue nassaaraw,imo,delta,rivers kano infact we dont spared the hausa talkless of ibos,the fact is that we dont have any problem with igbos but the hausa are the ones anihilating you guys in the north inorder to check your massive immigration and land grabbing
Re: How I Averted Yoruba/ Fulani Clash - Emir of Ilorin by Dibiachukwu: 12:10am On Dec 28, 2013
Canaanite free for all brawl. Lets go dia grin
Re: How I Averted Yoruba/ Fulani Clash - Emir of Ilorin by Emmyk(m): 12:20am On Dec 28, 2013
Mightymanna: Haba Alhaji gambari where were you when the cowards yorubas are killing our brothers may be you want...

You are the coward I see here, with your huff and puff.

Why not get down here and start 'something' yourself? undecided
Re: How I Averted Yoruba/ Fulani Clash - Emir of Ilorin by Nobody: 8:06am On Dec 28, 2013

Re: How I Averted Yoruba/ Fulani Clash - Emir of Ilorin by juman(m): 8:20am On Dec 28, 2013
nigeria is not a country.
Re: How I Averted Yoruba/ Fulani Clash - Emir of Ilorin by Mightymanna(m): 3:26pm On Dec 28, 2013
Emmyk:

You are the coward I see here, with your huff and puff.

Why not get down here and start 'something' yourself? undecided
our tribe is known to every nigerian,so your questions need no answer from fulani man like me anyway repeat the word COWARD in your mind and see which tribe deserve this great title
Re: How I Averted Yoruba/ Fulani Clash - Emir of Ilorin by geeez: 3:37pm On Dec 28, 2013

1 Like

Re: How I Averted Yoruba/ Fulani Clash - Emir of Ilorin by Dibiachukwu: 8:49pm On Dec 28, 2013
Mightymanna: hahahaha we are peace and calm please dont touch our cows and women.thats why we butcher you guys from sahara desert down to atlantic ocean jos,benue nassaaraw,imo,delta,rivers kano infact we dont spared the hausa talkless of ibos,the fact is that we dont have any problem with igbos but the hausa are the ones anihilating you guys in the north inorder to check your massive immigration and land grabbing
Listen cure yourselves of your diseases first before you join issues with Igbos alright. You hamites should kill yourselves and leave us out of your buffonery. Feed your children first, then come and talk with us. Fulani anihilating igbos in your aboki dream.
Re: How I Averted Yoruba/ Fulani Clash - Emir of Ilorin by Nobody: 9:08pm On Dec 28, 2013
T9ksy:

They recant............like their hero who promised to fight till the last man but soon abandoned his people on the

battlefield to go and cavort with ladies of easy virtues in Abidjan.

FFK is that you...
Re: How I Averted Yoruba/ Fulani Clash - Emir of Ilorin by T9ksy(m): 10:19pm On Dec 28, 2013
gregtochi:

FFK is that you...

Dysfunctional clone from alaibo, is that you
Re: How I Averted Yoruba/ Fulani Clash - Emir of Ilorin by Emmyk(m): 12:16am On Dec 29, 2013
Mightymanna: our tribe is known to every nigerian,so your questions need no answer from fulani man like me anyway repeat the word COWARD in your mind and see which tribe deserve this great title
Go attend to your cows please, mi raye oshi.

(1) (Reply)

Pray For Goodluck Jonathan Against Assasination! / APC And PDP Candidate Profile For Osun State Gubernatorial Election / Which Of These Great Nigerians Do You Share A Birth Month With

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.