Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,059 members, 7,956,952 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:52 PM

Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community (23299 Views)

MASSOB To Buhari: End Fulani Herdsmen Attacks On S-east In 30days Or… / Why Are Nigerians More Threatned By IPOB Protest Than Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? / Imo Community Ruled By A Muslim Monarch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by delpee(f): 12:06am On Aug 10, 2013
Fulani cattle herdsmen butcher two brothers in Imo state
The plight of residents of Umuekwunne Irete in Imo State got worse yesterday Thursday August 8th 2013 as fulani cattle herdsmen opened fire on the community, injuring several young men. Worse off is Chibuzor Hezekiah Okorie (pictured above) who was shot in the stomach and also cut in the chest and leg with a machete. His brother was also attacked.

The Fulani cattle herdsmen encroach into the farms, using the crop to feed their cattle. This has always been the case in most communities in Imo State. Almost on a daily basis cattle storm farm lands and destroys crops cultivated by the people. And when some youths in the community confronted the cattle herdsmen around 3pm yesterday, they almost didn't live to tell their story.

The Fulanis carry AK47 guns and machetes and this was what they sued on the men yesterday.

The communities said they have reported the happening to the government on several occasions, but nothing has been done so far. Find another pic after the cut...*viewer discretion advised*

Visit sunnewsonline

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by delpee(f): 12:13am On Aug 10, 2013
This is so sad. cry cry angry May God heal them and guide our leaders to take be proactive and take meaningful decisions to protect the citizens.

It seems Nigeria is being invaded by foreign fighters. Its the same story all over the nation. Wahala dey! sad
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by owolabifunke14(f): 12:29am On Aug 10, 2013
Time to eradicate those cattle bleepers from nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by Yorubest: 12:35am On Aug 10, 2013
This is serious

Following BRF's deportation to the East, Fulanis are now exporting them to their graves?

This is very very sad

Both actions have not been met with the acclaimed Igbo braveness

Where are the brave hearts of Igbo land. Where?

Arise and fight

I have Igbo third cousins please

24 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by IGBOSON1: 1:11am On Aug 10, 2013
They (the marauding fulanis) should wipe out the whole community!

3 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by Onlytruth(m): 1:29am On Aug 10, 2013
IGBO-SON:
They (the marauding fulanis) should wipe out the whole community!
Nwanne ike gwuru! I wouldn't call for that though.

What I keep wondering about is why nobody has given these fulanis a good lesson in their own brand of lawlessness.
It has since become obvious that in Nigeria, you are pretty much on your own, security-wise.
Fulani herdsmen are allowed to carry AK47s around, while unarmed MASSOB are arrested and thrown into jails.
Something is seriously wrong somewhere, but I know that one of these days, "monkey go go market and no go return".

I thought that these towns in SE have vigilante groups; I know they are armed. Or is this town not able to form any?
In Anambra, if you don't meet "AVS" (aka Bakassi), you will meet local vigilante. That is a start.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by IGBOSON1: 1:42am On Aug 10, 2013
Onlytruth:
Nwanne ike gwuru! I wouldn't call for that though.

What I keep wondering about is why nobody has given these fulanis a good lesson in their own brand of lawlessness.
It has since become obvious that in Nigeria, you are pretty much on your own, security-wise.
Fulani herdsmen are allowed to carry AK47s around, while unarmed MASSOB are arrested and thrown into jails.
Something is seriously wrong somewhere, but I know that one of these days, "monkey go go market and no go return".

I thought that these towns in SE have vigilante groups; I know they are armed. Or is this town not able to form any?
In Anambra, if you don't meet "AVS" (aka Bakassi), you will meet local vigilante. That is a start.

^^^The bloodthirsty bastards always seem to be comfortable doing this in Imo for some funny reason! undecided I've never heard of this nonsense happening in Anambra or Abia.

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by Standing5(m): 1:43am On Aug 10, 2013
So can we safely assume Fulanis are untouchable from middle belt to SW to SS to SE? If this had happened in the middle belt or SW, by now we know what to expect from certain NL members.

7 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by Lordmiracle(m): 1:49am On Aug 10, 2013
My people join me lets pray 4 our land.....for peace to rain this is a sad news

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by rosebowl01(m): 3:57am On Aug 10, 2013
Standing5: So can we safely assume Fulanis are untouchable from middle belt to SW to SS to SE? If this had happened in the middle belt or SW, by now we know what to expect from certain NL members.

Those coward ofemmanus, Fulanis have taken over your land. You people are always afraid. They can't try this in South East.

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by slap1(m): 4:24am On Aug 10, 2013
If I know Irete people, there must be a reppraisal attack. I wish this happened in Aba, both the Fulani and their cow-siblings would be history!
And, who rears cows with an AK47?

3 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by malc619(m): 4:35am On Aug 10, 2013
The people of that community are cowards!!!

I wonder where all their young men are.

cool

7 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by Nobody: 4:36am On Aug 10, 2013
What can you do when the chief security officer of the state is a fulani-Igbo? APC: we are watching.

7 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by malc619(m): 4:41am On Aug 10, 2013
Okoro2015: What can you do when the chief security officer of the state is a fulani-Igbo? APC: we are watching.

Folks like you will not fail to seize every opportunity to politicize and tribalize the death of their people. Shame on you for playing politics with the death of your kinsmen.

Sadly I can't blame you too much as Ojukwu did the same thing, supervising the death of Millions of innocent children because of his greedy ambition.

cool cool cool

27 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by Nobody: 4:51am On Aug 10, 2013
malc619:

Folks like you will not fail to seize every opportunity to politicize and tribalize the death of their people. Shame on you for playing politics with the death of your kinsmen.

Sadly I can't blame you too much as Ojukwu did the same thing, supervising the death of Millions of innocent children because of his greedy ambition.

cool cool cool

I won't condescend to your pitiable depth. But suffice it to say that we are yet to see any meaningful response from the "action" governor whose people are being murdered in cold blood by miscreants fully armed with state like arsenal. Meanwhile his party men on the other side are either supporting the execution of his kinsmen through boko haram or repatriating hardworking citizens in Lagos.

Again APC; we are watching.

17 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by malc619(m): 4:56am On Aug 10, 2013
Okoro2015:

I won't condescend to your pitiable depth. But suffice it to say that we are yet to see any meaningful response from the "action" governor whose people are being murdered in cold blood by miscreants fully armed with state like arsenal. Meanwhile his party men on the other side are either supporting the execution of his kinsmen through boko haram or repatriating hardworking citizens in Lagos.

Shame on you for playing politics and engaging in tribalistic stunts with the death of you kinsmen.

Now tell me what the action governor of Enugu state do when he had the same issue...

Fulani herdsmen attack Enugu community

By Chris Oji, Enugu ⁠18/07/2012 00:00:00

The quick intervention of security agencies has brought under control the conflict that erupted between the Ishi Ozalla community in Nkanu West Local Government Area of Enugu State and some Fulani herdsmen.

An itinerant herdsman and two cows died during the clash, which occured on Monday.  

It was learnt that some youths in Ishi Ozalla clashed with some Fulani herdsmen within the community for allegedly destroying crops belonging to some natives as well as raping some women in the area. 

Following the disagreement between the parties, a fierce fight ensued during which the herdsman and two cows were killed while some natives sustained severe injuries. The development  heightened tension in the community before a combined team of soldiers and policemen were drafted to the place.   

The State Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Ebere Amaraizu, who confirmed the incident yesterday, said that the quick deployment of security operatives to the area prevented the escalation of the dispute. He said the parties were summoned by the Commissioner of Police where a truce was brokered.  

According to him, the operatives have been stationed in the community to maintain peace and order to enable residents go about their normal businesses without molestation.   

The General Overseer of Amazing Love Assembly, Bishop Amaechi Nwachukwu, appealed to the Inspector General of Police, the Director of Security Services (SSS) and security agencies in the state to use their good offices to restore peace to the community.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/54266-fulani-herdsmen-attack-enugu-community.html

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by rosebowl01(m): 5:28am On Aug 10, 2013
There's an excuse for everything under the sun (or call it rising sun).

Okoro2015:

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by pandriod: 5:50am On Aug 10, 2013
Ibos are cowards! They can only whine about Fashola while the Fulanis are busy wiping out thier generation. Where is that stupïd Peter Obi?

17 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by raytony: 6:07am On Aug 10, 2013
Rearing cows with AK 47? Next time I see them I will run without looking back. Not coward but wisdom.

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by obyrich(m): 6:50am On Aug 10, 2013
Ochendo Abia ee! Ochendo is adequately shielding us from fulani incursion under his canopy. Singing# under his canopy, under his canopy...
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by Nobody: 6:50am On Aug 10, 2013
Fulani Marauders shall be dealt with in due time - no doubt about that, but meanwhile the breeze across the country is exposing the fowl rump.

Come to think about it, this is free access to weapons.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by OPCNAIRALAND: 6:55am On Aug 10, 2013
rosebowl01:

Those coward ofemmanus, Fulanis has taken over your land. You people are always afraid. They can't try this in South East.

Imo is central Igbo, the original and authentic igbo. This is a yearly ritual for the past five years. Imo is SE!

7 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by MaximusDMeridux: 6:58am On Aug 10, 2013
If it was in the SE now, the ibos will be happy, rolling out the drums and drinking palm wine! You people are really in it now, the Yorubas don't want ibos anymore in their lands, the Hausas get mad if there is nothing to use as an excuse to attack ibos, so much so they will act as though they were tending to their cattle as an excuse! The minorities don't like the ibo attitude either, in fact I can see why they will be more touchy and suspicious! They know they don't have the numbers of the North and SW and can not let any significant number of ibos settle before telling you off quickly before you get comfortable! The worst thing is that the only people who played neutral and let you thrive in their lands have had it up to here and have also now rejected you!

13 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by rosebowl01(m): 7:06am On Aug 10, 2013
Sarcasm! Get it?
OPC.NAIRALAND:

Imo is central Igbo, the original and authentic igbo. This is a yearly ritual for the past five years. Imo is SE!
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by Tolexander: 7:07am On Aug 10, 2013
OPC.NAIRALAND:

the guy was only being sarcastic!

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by rosebowl01(m): 7:10am On Aug 10, 2013
Yeah right! You said the same thing in 2004,5,6,7,8,9.... last year, and now this year. Big mouths always mouthing off towards other people, and sounding infinite warnings at the same time i.e. OUK "we give Fashola Fulani 7 days ultimatum to stop using us for target practice and suya right on our land, or we'll file a law suit against their cattle. lol.

Okoro2015: Fulani Marauders shall be dealt with in due time - no doubt about that, but meanwhile the breeze across the country is exposing the fowl rump.

Come to think about it, this is free access to weapons.

5 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by delpee(f): 7:16am On Aug 10, 2013
Please don't make this a tribal issue. We all need to think reasonably and come up with workable solutions. They are everywhere harrassing people on their farms and in the villages. SW, SE, Middle Belt (which suffers the most). I hope no one has a grand plan to recolonise Nigeria.
Lagos has been lucky so far mainly because of the security system in place and Gods favor.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by rosebowl01(m): 7:17am On Aug 10, 2013
He has gone to report to Jonathan as usual. It was Fashola and Yoruba people that deport deployed those Fulanis there.
pandriod: Ibos are cowards! They can only whine about Fashola while the Fulanis are busy wiping out thier generation. Where is that stupïd Peter Obi?

3 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by pandriod: 7:22am On Aug 10, 2013
OPC.NAIRALAND:

The fulani nomads are really having it big in South East, very soon they'll run down the whole region. Every 2 days I read about their carnage while the loudmouths are here chanting war songs. If na fashola now, the squirming dolt called Peter Obi would send a petition to the president. COWARDs

14 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by OPCNAIRALAND: 7:23am On Aug 10, 2013
rosebowl01: Sarcasm! Get it?

Pheew, i missed it! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by pandriod: 7:32am On Aug 10, 2013
delpee: Please don't make this a tribal issue. We all need to think reasonably and come up with workable solutions. [b]They are everywhere harrassing people [/b]on their farms and in the villages. SW, SE, Middle Belt (which suffers the most). I hope no one has a grand plan to recolonise Nigeria.
Lagos has been lucky so far mainly because of the security system in place and Gods favor.

For real? I thought ibos are brave? Go through nairaland data base and read about how these loudmouths always claim no fulani can attack south east. Let me help you, read and see what these cowards said said on the following threads

https://www.nairaland.com/882086/fulani-herdsmen-attacks-oyo-indigenes

https://www.nairaland.com/882080/fulani-herdsmen-vs-ogun-state

https://www.nairaland.com/1053157/ogun-halts-migration-fulani-herdsmen

https://www.nairaland.com/881540/fulani-herdsmen-rob-lagos-ibadan-expressway

^^^

These are the ibos celebrating fulani attacks in southwest!! Karma is a bittchhhhh!

11 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by pandriod: 7:33am On Aug 10, 2013
delpee: Please don't make this a tribal issue. We all need to think reasonably and come up with workable solutions. [b]They are everywhere harrassing people [/b]on their farms and in the villages. SW, SE, Middle Belt (which suffers the most). I hope no one has a grand plan to recolonise Nigeria.

For real? I thought ibos are brave? Go through nairaland data base and read about how these loudmouths always claim no fulani can attack south east. Let me help you, read and see what these cowards said said on the following threads

https://www.nairaland.com/882086/fulani-herdsmen-attacks-oyo-indigenes

https://www.nairaland.com/882080/fulani-herdsmen-vs-ogun-state

https://www.nairaland.com/1053157/ogun-halts-migration-fulani-herdsmen

https://www.nairaland.com/881540/fulani-herdsmen-rob-lagos-ibadan-expressway

^^^

These are the ibos celebrating fulani attacks in southwest!! Karma is a bittchhhhh!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

President Buhari Nominates Modibbo Tukur As New NFIU Director / Saraki: How Nigerians Can Prevent Election Rigging / President Buhari Departs Abuja For His Medical Trip In London (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.