Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

2015: First Lady Accuses Gov. Akpabio Of Having A Vice Presidential Ambition. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: First Lady Accuses Gov. Akpabio Of Having A Vice Presidential Ambition. (2144 Views)

I Dropped My Presidential Ambition For Buhari — Saraki / I Sacrificed My Presidential Ambition For Buhari –Tinubu / APC Accuses Gov. Peter Obi Of Playing Politics With Nigeria’s Unity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: First Lady Accuses Gov. Akpabio Of Having A Vice Presidential Ambition. by DeCleff(m): 11:12am On Dec 27, 2013
Please i would appreciate if anyone can help to copy and paste this news.

www.osundefender.org/?p=140620

Re: 2015: First Lady Accuses Gov. Akpabio Of Having A Vice Presidential Ambition. by MANGAM(m): 11:18am On Dec 27, 2013
The crisis rocking the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as a result of President Goodluck Jonathan’s second term ambition may have claimed another casualty. The latest according to our source is the Akwa Ibom State Governor and the chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party Governor’s Forum, Chief Godswill Akpabio.
Inside sources within the nation’s seat of power informed our reporter that Nigeria’s first lady and wife of the President, Dame Patience Jonathan descended ferociously on Akpabio at the Presidential Villa in Abuja recently accusing him of being a cog in the wheel of the process to resolve the crisis in the PDP.
According to the source, a visibly angry Patience Jonathan shouted at the Governor and asked him why he was busy deceiving her husband.
She is said to have told Governor Akpabio point blank that he should stop masquerading himself before her husband as a peacemaker and concentrate on his now revealed Vice Presidential ambition and leave the President alone.
Reports reaching the First Lady, the source continued, have confirmed that Governor Akpabio’s treachery and pursuit of his Vice Presidential ambition is responsible for the failure of the reconciliation process in the party and one of the reasons the G7 Governors have ditched the party.
The report further revealed that the First Lady accused the Governor of being on a mission to destroy the President. She is said to have cited Akpabio’s recent spate of private visits to leading traditional rulers and politicians in the North and other parts of Nigeria.
Speaking further another source from the Presidency maintained that the First Lady is at a loss as to why the Akwa Ibom State Governor has been throwing money wherever he goes at the expense of the Akwa Ibom people who elected him.
The President’s wife is said to have told the Governor that she was aware that Akpabio is working for his own ambition while pretending to be working for the re-election of the President. The source who spoke on strict confidentiality said that a visibly embarrassed Akpabio was dumbfounded and broke down in tears.
Reacting to the development, a top politician from Akwa Ibom State who resides in Abuja expressed worry over the incident and blamed Akpabio for abandoning his mandate of working for Akwa Ibom people for Abuja politics. He said “Governor Akpabio started out well in his first term, I don’t know who advised him to dabble into Abuja politics, for what I know, Abuja politics is consuming no matter how good your intentions are. This should serve as a warning to him to stick his arse in Uyo and continue his uncommon transformation.”
Confirming the incident, a source who is believed to be close to Professor King, one of President Jonathan’s allies, told our reporter that the wife of the President had actually expressed her displeasure at what she described as Governor Akpabio’s deceitful posturing in the crisis rocking the PDP. Though he refused to comment further, he however promised to elaborate on the matter during his visit to attend the official opening ceremony of Professor Richard King’s Campaign Office in Uyo last weekend. Efforts to get across to him during the event proved abortive.
It could be recalled that the press was recently awash with reports that Governor Akpabio’s express pass into the Presidential Villa had been withdrawn on the orders of the President following reports that he was always throwing dollars around whenever he visits the Villa. According to the reports, the alleged action of Akpabio was seen by top Aso Villa players as not only over ambitious but also capable of undermining Presidential Security and Protocol. State Commissioner for Information, Aniekan Umanah could not be reached for comments on the alleged embarrasment of the governor by the President’s wife. His numbers were unavailable as at press time.
However, political watchers are of the opinion that with recent happenings, 2015 may not be as easy as Akpabio thinks.
Short URL: http://www.osundefender.org/?p=140620.
DeCleff: Please i would appreciate if anyone can help to copy and paste this news.

www.osundefender.org/?p=140620
Re: 2015: First Lady Accuses Gov. Akpabio Of Having A Vice Presidential Ambition. by DeCleff(m): 11:34am On Dec 27, 2013
@Mangam

Thanks a milion!
Re: 2015: First Lady Accuses Gov. Akpabio Of Having A Vice Presidential Ambition. by AYunusa: 11:47am On Dec 27, 2013
Akpabio is Finished in the hand of the first lady
Re: 2015: First Lady Accuses Gov. Akpabio Of Having A Vice Presidential Ambition. by mikael78: 12:20pm On Dec 27, 2013
Nawah o....shepopotamaus LET US BE now!!!
Re: 2015: First Lady Accuses Gov. Akpabio Of Having A Vice Presidential Ambition. by WilyWily5: 12:25pm On Dec 27, 2013
Yoruba people and Lies,

2 Likes

Re: 2015: First Lady Accuses Gov. Akpabio Of Having A Vice Presidential Ambition. by Hallotti: 12:30pm On Dec 27, 2013
Akpabio broke down in tears ke? shocked
Re: 2015: First Lady Accuses Gov. Akpabio Of Having A Vice Presidential Ambition. by Nobody: 12:32pm On Dec 27, 2013
Anyone who thinks Akpabio lacks the temerity to mount a stealth campaign of his own simply doesn't understand Nigerian politics.

Re: 2015: First Lady Accuses Gov. Akpabio Of Having A Vice Presidential Ambition. by donphilopus: 1:16pm On Dec 27, 2013
Wily+Wily:
Yoruba people and Lies,
Another retardeen in making!

2 Likes

Re: 2015: First Lady Accuses Gov. Akpabio Of Having A Vice Presidential Ambition. by EVANSBIPI: 1:36pm On Dec 27, 2013
After Amaechi, it is the turn of Akpabio. U better dnt have an ambition where Patience Jonathan is.
Re: 2015: First Lady Accuses Gov. Akpabio Of Having A Vice Presidential Ambition. by Ngwakwe: 2:11pm On Dec 27, 2013
This article from Osun defenders lacks cohesion, factual testimony and relevance to the existing fracas between Akpabio and Amaechi.

Moreover, we know those Chibuike Amaechi are courting and the expected reward. In contrast to what Osun defender just reported, Akpabio has made it clear time without number that he is going for Senate come May 29, 2015 and if I may ask what latest moves and political relationships involving Akpabio signify his lust or rather ambition for Vice President?

This report is by the seat of the reporter's pants (idiom), no truth, no substance and no antecedent.

1 Like

Re: 2015: First Lady Accuses Gov. Akpabio Of Having A Vice Presidential Ambition. by tpia5: 2:19pm On Dec 27, 2013
Sounds weird.

How could a grown nigerian man break down in tears because a lady allegedly shouted at him?

Just asking.

Did he grow up outside nigeria or something?
Re: 2015: First Lady Accuses Gov. Akpabio Of Having A Vice Presidential Ambition. by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 27, 2013
Why did Akpabio find it necessary to aver that the first lady also performs the role of a senior sister to most governors?
Isn't this a euphemism for meddlesomeness in Nigerianspeak?

First Lady didn’t threaten me over Tukur – Akpabio

December 21, 2013

Chairman of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Governors’ Forum and Governor of Akwa Ibom State, Chief Godswill Akpabio, has denied ever being threatened by the First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan over the call for the removal of the National Chairman, Dr Bamanga Tukur by PDP governors and other major stakeholders.

The governor was reacting to a newspaper report published on Thursday, December 19, 2013, which insinuated meddlesomeness, by the First Lady in the affairs of the party.

Governor Akpabio pointed out that due to the on-going consultations aimed at rebuilding the party and averting perceived slide due to defection of five governors and 37 members of the House of Representatives, rumours and misleading information were bound to flood the air.

According to Governor Akpabio, Dame Patience Jonathan plays the role of a senior sister and a mother to most governors and would not delve into issuing threats against them. He said her friendly disposition always is an attitude appreciated by most governors.

The Akwa Ibom State governor said Nigerians should view the current travails of the PDP as family feud and would ultimately result in the party becoming stronger at the end of the day. Governor Akpabio pleaded with members of the opposition to focus on issues instead of causing confusion with falsehood.

Source
Re: 2015: First Lady Accuses Gov. Akpabio Of Having A Vice Presidential Ambition. by jmaine: 2:31pm On Dec 27, 2013
Another lousy thread of lies and fiction. . . . .
Re: 2015: First Lady Accuses Gov. Akpabio Of Having A Vice Presidential Ambition. by tpia5: 2:43pm On Dec 27, 2013
Anyway, they should sort it out if it really happened, and regardless.
Re: 2015: First Lady Accuses Gov. Akpabio Of Having A Vice Presidential Ambition. by Ngwakwe: 3:04pm On Dec 27, 2013
Digesting the article you just posted and comparing the information, tune and reasons with this op-Ed from Osun defenders, the deduction, inference and purpose are surely divergent and in conflict with the latter hence the credibility of this op-Ed is questionable.

eGuerrilla: Why did Akpabio find it necessary to aver that the first lady also performs the role of a senior sister to most governors?
Isn't this a euphemism for meddlesomeness in Nigerianspeak?

Source

1 Like

Re: 2015: First Lady Accuses Gov. Akpabio Of Having A Vice Presidential Ambition. by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 27, 2013
Ngwakwe: Digesting the article you just posted and comparing the information, tune and reasons with this op-Ed from Osun defenders, the deduction, inference and purpose are surely divergent and in conflict with the latter hence the credibility of this op-Ed is questionable.

I don't need INK newspaper to confirm the machinations I observed back in February of this year - see my earlier post.
In the fullness of time, once Jonathan has been pushed aside by the PDP machinery, I fully expect Akpabio to throw his hat into the ring.

Quote me on that.
Re: 2015: First Lady Accuses Gov. Akpabio Of Having A Vice Presidential Ambition. by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 27, 2013
There are no permanent friends in politics but permanent interests. I knew Akpabio had something hidden in his sleeves. Amaechi was bold enough to declare his interest as a VP and that's why he's been haunted. Now its time for Akpabio to face his own music. Green snake hiding under the green grass. angry
Re: 2015: First Lady Accuses Gov. Akpabio Of Having A Vice Presidential Ambition. by Abagworo(m): 3:38pm On Dec 27, 2013
I get mad at these rubbish insinuations and unnecessary denials. Akpabio has every right to contest as VP and it is not Patience's business. Nigeria is a useless country.
Re: 2015: First Lady Accuses Gov. Akpabio Of Having A Vice Presidential Ambition. by Nobody: 3:42pm On Dec 27, 2013
Why is this not on front page? undecided
Re: 2015: First Lady Accuses Gov. Akpabio Of Having A Vice Presidential Ambition. by Ngwakwe: 3:59pm On Dec 27, 2013
Your postulation is conditional hence an option B which the Op-Ed reasoning failed to communicate.

Certainly, in every sphere of life provided certain conditions are not constant there abound to be changes.

In my political calculations if PDP succeeds in fielding a Presidential candidate of northern extraction, they will try to chose VP from South East.

eGuerrilla:

I don't need INK newspaper to confirm the machinations I observed back in February of this year - see my earlier post.
In the fullness of time, once Jonathan has been pushed aside by the PDP machinery, I fully expect Akpabio to throw his hat into the ring.

Quote me on that.

1 Like

Re: 2015: First Lady Accuses Gov. Akpabio Of Having A Vice Presidential Ambition. by Nobody: 4:05pm On Dec 27, 2013
Why is this woman always order SE and SS governors like school boys?
Re: 2015: First Lady Accuses Gov. Akpabio Of Having A Vice Presidential Ambition. by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 27, 2013
Its time nigerians blacklist some media reporters
Ngwakwe: This article from Osun defenders lacks cohesion, factual testimony and relevance to the existing fracas between Akpabio and Amaechi.

Moreover, we know those Chibuike Amaechi are courting and the expected reward. In contrast to what Osun defender just reported, Akpabio has made it clear time without number that he is going for Senate come May 29, 2015 and if I may ask what latest moves and political relationships involving Akpabio signify his lust or rather ambition for Vice President?

This report is by the seat of the reporter's pants (idiom), no truth, no substance and no antecedent.
Re: 2015: First Lady Accuses Gov. Akpabio Of Having A Vice Presidential Ambition. by mascot87(m): 6:45pm On Dec 27, 2013
Segeggs: Why is this woman always order SE and SS governors like school boys?
I dey wonder o, is it that those governors are suffering from low self estimate or what? Anyway,good for them
Re: 2015: First Lady Accuses Gov. Akpabio Of Having A Vice Presidential Ambition. by Mylove55(f): 7:12pm On Dec 27, 2013
See me,see trouble.

1 Like

Re: 2015: First Lady Accuses Gov. Akpabio Of Having A Vice Presidential Ambition. by DerideGull(m): 7:21pm On Dec 27, 2013
For the sake of posterity, how could Governor of Akwa Ibom State, Chief Godswill Akpabio factor into vice presidency when Akpabio is hell bent on seeing Jonathan’s second term in office? What is actually wrong with certain group in Nigeria?
Re: 2015: First Lady Accuses Gov. Akpabio Of Having A Vice Presidential Ambition. by agbameta: 7:33pm On Dec 27, 2013
Segeggs: Why is this woman always order SE and SS governors like school boys?

Are they not school boys?
Re: 2015: First Lady Accuses Gov. Akpabio Of Having A Vice Presidential Ambition. by Swizdoe(m): 2:15pm On Dec 28, 2013
Nigerian politics is getting trickier and trickier everyday...... Naija politics is the definition of trust nobody.....
Re: 2015: First Lady Accuses Gov. Akpabio Of Having A Vice Presidential Ambition. by Nobody: 2:33pm On Dec 28, 2013
Comrade Ngwakwe,

Your reading of the tea leaves is noted.

(1) (Reply)

El-rufai Reveals Names Of Top Men On Jonathan's Secret Assassination List / This Is the Solution To Nigeria's Problem - My Opinion / Nigeria Won't Break-up In 2015 Says Kumuyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.