Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,568 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help (19391 Views)

How To Lock A Folder On Your Pc Without Using Any Software / How Do I Restore A Hidden Folder On My Flash Drive? / How to Recover My Lost RediffMail.com Password (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help by ictacademy: 8:54pm On Dec 29, 2013
try easus data recovery

it works fine
Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help by penzino(m): 8:57pm On Dec 29, 2013
Its simple!!!!
If u know the exact name of the folder, just type the directory in the address bar in my computer..
For eg. If the letter allocated to the drive is D, u type
D:/(folder name)
When it opens, cut all ur files to anoda location... Shikena
Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help by gees02(m): 9:34pm On Dec 29, 2013
just in case none works. simply use winrar to navigate to the hard disk and copy out all d files. then delete d invisible ones using winrar. this has workid for me countless times
Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help by perfectgen(m): 9:47pm On Dec 29, 2013
Go back and insert the external drive, then open the external drive from the Computer icon, you will see a search bar by the right hand side, you can search based on alphabets (a-z) separately; it would return all files om the drive that starts with any of these alphabets. However, beware of your system because I guess it may be virus-infected. after backing up all your files on a PC, format the drive and copy every file once again.
Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help by hiltop2: 9:59pm On Dec 29, 2013
go and get the program "GetDataBack for NTFS" it works like magic, just install on your computer and use it to scan through the external drive. it will show you all the file and folders that has ever been copied on that drive. good luck

1 Like

Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help by jaymezzz(m): 10:16pm On Dec 29, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

It is possible though (to put a baby back into a mothers womb)
LOL...who told you that?
Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help by Nobody: 11:56pm On Dec 29, 2013
ask4double: So long as ur external hdd can still be detected on a pc u've got no issue, all files, both deleted and existing are still very much intact. U can simply recover these files using a software called "file scavenger". This software is a monster as regards recovering lost files and folders in good and healthy condition.
PLS NOTE: DO NOT TEMPER WITH THE PARTITION OF THE HDD IN QUESTION, ELSE ALL FILES AND FOLDERS WILL BE PERMANENTLY DELETED.

OP? send me ur email and i will send you the above mentioned recovery software free of charge. yinkathomas@yahoo.com
Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help by mimislodge(m): 12:04am On Dec 30, 2013
Nothing can bring it back. Its a pirated copy u downloaded in your harddrive.
Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help by highbeeola(m): 12:13am On Dec 30, 2013
Download smadav antivirus usb protection, that shoul help
Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help by Nobody: 12:50am On Dec 30, 2013
You can use RStudio6 to do that. It is the best recovery tool I have ever come across.You will thank me later you ever made use of it.
Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help by hollandis(f): 1:07am On Dec 30, 2013
ictacademy: try easus data recovery

it works fine

yeah try easus but if you can back up the current files,,it would be safer
Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help by Nobody: 1:58am On Dec 30, 2013
Try testdisk
Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help by ademega(m): 3:03am On Dec 30, 2013
Thaz good
Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help by GentleFrank(m): 8:25am On Dec 30, 2013
Good !
Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help by Elnuk34(m): 9:27am On Dec 30, 2013
domack99: Four days ago, i was transfering a folder that contains movies on my External Hard Drive (Transcend 500GB) to a laptop (Window 7) and i notice that the process was taken more than usual, i tried all that i could to abort the procee but the time remaining kept on increasing. I also tried task Manager but that didn't work either, eventually i pull out the USB cable from the laptop and the task ended. I later found out that all the folders on the drive has disappearred leaving only item that were not in any folder.

I have tried Reuva software i downloaded from piratebay but could not recover those folder but was able to recover some old deleted files but not the folders, few folders that were found using the Recuva software were tag UNRECOVERABLE.

Please if anyone has any idea or better recovery application should please help out
Try and run smadav antivirus on the drive.
Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help by Dawatech(m): 10:15am On Dec 30, 2013
Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help by makahlj2: 10:38am On Dec 30, 2013
Try another recovery software. Recuva doesn't always do the best job.
Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help by mainkendo: 1:24pm On Dec 30, 2013
CYBER-CRIME:
Learn how to buy .com name for free and how to get free 5GB on etisalat,mtn free. Reach mr via:08132328683.............@cyber PURE
I hope u know that u are lieing
Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help by fistonati(m): 11:43pm On Dec 30, 2013
Try ds steps 1st type reg edit, go to HKEY CURENT USER, click Software, click Microsoft, click Windows, click Curent version, click Explorer, click Advanced and make sure dt Hidden, SuperHidden and Show superHidden are all on 1 values. If they're nt jst typ 1 at each of dem. NOTE:- ShowSuperHidden might nt be there so jst rightclick the select QWORD 64 and ty ShowSuperHidden (as I type it) and change d vslue to 1. Ds wil open al d Hidden folders on d system.
If d folders has ocupied d space in d DRIVE dt me its hidde, so jst type an of d folder name in d drive to confam ds IF IT DOESN'T WORK, I HV JST DID WAT U DID TO TESTRUN SOMeTIN aND It BROT BACK D FOLDAS. Hook me on fistonati at gmail dot cum
Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help by fistonati(m): 11:54pm On Dec 30, 2013
jaymezzz: LOL...who told you that?
with technology? Nothing is impossible
Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help by hajibashi: 7:25am On Dec 31, 2013
If u use the cut option on you system while trying to transfer the file, I am sorry your file is gone, but if you use copy u shouldn't have that kind of challenge.
Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help by Z8(m): 10:11am On Dec 31, 2013
Check properties and if the size indicates the files to be there but u can't see them. Go to the directory tab an type the file path manually et E://folder/folder/work. U need to know the folder names.
Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help by pheegoh: 11:04pm On Dec 31, 2013
The system youre copying into most likely has a virus. Type this in command prompt:
attrib -h -r -s /s /d e:\*.*

Dont ignore the spaces. The letter 'e' in that syntax should be replaced with your hard disk's drive letter.
I hope you find this helpful.
www.pheegoh.com
Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help by jtpaase: 6:52am On Jan 06, 2014
Download FTK Data Recovery. It's difficult to use but it can get you all your lost folders and deleted files back.
GoodLuck!
Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help by oliverpowell: 6:12am On Jul 17, 2014
Recovery software works pretty different than user think and any wrong decision could make your files gone forever. EaseUS and TestDisk are OK, however their capabilities were limited and works only with perfectly normal drive. Where as, Drive with logical damages needs specialized recovery software that works in accordance and salvage all your files exactly in the state it was before deletion. You can find some good recovery programs from here : http://www.stellarinfo.com/disk-recovery.htm

P.S. Stop using the drive and any software till you've not successfully recovered all your files. Remove the problem drive and connect it externally to perform recovery operation for smoother and better operation.
Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help by angelakatery90: 11:22am On Aug 25, 2015
One way to recover lost folders on external hard drive is to use a data recovery tool, see this step by step guide:

http://www.asoftech.com/articles/External-Drive-Data-Recovery.html

Hope this helps.
Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help by wayisshut: 5:34pm On Sep 13, 2016
fistonati:
Try ds steps 1st type reg edit, go to HKEY CURENT USER, click Software, click Microsoft, click Windows, click Curent version, click Explorer, click Advanced and make sure dt Hidden, SuperHidden and Show superHidden are all on 1 values. If they're nt jst typ 1 at each of dem. NOTE:- ShowSuperHidden might nt be there so jst rightclick the select QWORD 64 and ty ShowSuperHidden (as I type it) and change d vslue to 1. Ds wil open al d Hidden folders on d system.
If d folders has ocupied d space in d DRIVE dt me its hidde, so jst type an of d folder name in d drive to confam ds IF IT DOESN'T WORK, I HV JST DID WAT U DID TO TESTRUN SOMeTIN aND It BROT BACK D FOLDAS. Hook me on fistonati at gmail dot cum

hey bro,

My external HDD 1 terabyte just crashed landed. How do I recover my files
Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help by wayisshut: 5:41pm On Sep 13, 2016
hiltop2:
go and get the program "GetDataBack for NTFS" it works like magic, just install on your computer and use it to scan through the external drive. it will show you all the file and folders that has ever been copied on that drive. good luck

please my External HDD just crashed landed. My files are important , how do i recover my files please
Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help by wayisshut: 5:44pm On Sep 13, 2016
[quote author=pheegoh post=20590746]The system youre copying into most likely has a virus. Type this in command prompt:
attrib -h -r -s /s /d e:\*.*

Dont ignore the spaces. The letter 'e' in that syntax should be replaced with your hard disk's drive letter.
I hope you find this helpful.
www.pheegoh.com

PLEASE MY EXTERNAL HDD CRASHED LANDED. HOW DO I RECOVER MY FILES PLEASE

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Use Windows 7 Without Activation / How To Fix Blue Screen Of Death & System Auto Restart Issue / Problems Of Cyber-cafe Computers (And Solutions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.