Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,159 members, 7,838,962 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Occupy Nigeria 2014 & Beyond - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Occupy Nigeria 2014 & Beyond (722 Views)

Adams Unaji Is Dead (Occupy Nigeria Activist) / Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation / Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Occupy Nigeria 2014 & Beyond by intrepid: 10:27am On Dec 28, 2013
It’s about 1 year, 11 months and 3 weeks ago that Nigerians rose up in unison to condemn the removal of fuel subsidy, and for once the voice of the people “prevailed” to some extent and today we have the Wobbly legged SURE-P.

What it showed vividly was that Nigerians can actually rise up to demand for their rights and also to demand accountability from all our leaders asa group(a nation) and in our respective circles—villages and LGAs…IF we all think that we can’t take any more of the excesses of government, all done in the most peaceful way possible.

If we ever get tired of looking, standing aloof and suffering and smiling!

The struggle continues and I think the ONE most important reason all of us should always “OCCUPY” Nigeria should be to fight CORRUPTION and demand for punishment of corrupt individuals both in government and private sector.

Corruption is what caused the fuel subsidy wahala in the first place with all the off-shoots that spiraled to this time. Whatever government did at that time to placate Nigerians about the pump price was not the crux of the matter.
Corruption made our universities to be a big joke in the community of world schools such that Nigerians are fleeing to Ghana,Togo,and even Benin Republic and Philippines to study.

Corruption has made us a look like a “cancer’ in the eyes of other nations and the effect is felt by our people outside this shores.
It has made many Nigerian sublime GENUISES and TALENTS to be siphoned from here to places where some of them are appreciated and some just got frustrated into doing drugs and crime; many Nigerian youth are in prisons abroad which some of them prefer to coming back to a “free” society here that cares nothing about them.

Many are suffering abroad but prefer to stay on there than come back here; many stories abound of Nigerians trying to cross over to Europe via the desert where many met their deaths and some ended in prisons…The list of the monstrous offsprings of corruption are endless, hence the best occupation NOW is to look corruption squarely in the face and say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

Why should corrupt officials not be prosecuted to act as a deterrent to smaller criminals in our land?

What is the future of our kids? Will they ever have a country they can be proud of when they grow up;a country for which citizenship they would not be ostracized by their peers elsewhere and a country they can long to come back to, proudly after sojourn in any foreign land? Will our kids have a country they can give all their hearts fully aware that their interests will be defended and catered for?

That country is still possible if we stand up collectively and as individuals we demand and declare an all out war against corruption.

I believe that should be our job; OCCUPY NIGERIA AGAINST CORRUPTION and we shall be saved.

Re: Occupy Nigeria 2014 & Beyond by lincy(f): 10:34am On Dec 28, 2013
Lol and when u unseat GEJ what next? Occupy thief, no plan coming out to rant. Again yoruba morons. Only fools will join u ppl dis time. Go finish ur rant with Ngozi okonjo I. Negativism minded occupy lol.

1 Like

Re: Occupy Nigeria 2014 & Beyond by Nobody: 11:11am On Dec 28, 2013
^^^ Do learn to spell words correctly miss; ^^^ Happy new year in advance! grin grin grin
Re: Occupy Nigeria 2014 & Beyond by lincy(f): 11:16am On Dec 28, 2013
lari03: ^^^ Do learn to spell words correctly miss; ^^^ Happy new year in advance! grin grin grin
had issue wit my english teacher while in secondry school telln on me now
Re: Occupy Nigeria 2014 & Beyond by Nobody: 11:22am On Dec 28, 2013
lincy: had issue wit my english teacher while in secondry school telln on me now
I don't believe you grin grin grin
Re: Occupy Nigeria 2014 & Beyond by lincy(f): 11:53am On Dec 28, 2013
lari03: I don't believe you grin grin grin
Take me to court den or better still contact those jobless occupy lawyers then we could put food on their table as u can see, they ar hungry.
Re: Occupy Nigeria 2014 & Beyond by otokx(m): 11:57am On Dec 28, 2013
It was said that female suicide bombers are quite deadly.
Re: Occupy Nigeria 2014 & Beyond by lincy(f): 12:39pm On Dec 28, 2013
Occupy works witz group of street boys u. Can see d lead guy @ the first pics, his veins ar out wen d main deal has not started wat good example can doz tfins show
Re: Occupy Nigeria 2014 & Beyond by Boss13: 1:56pm On Dec 28, 2013
lincy: Occupy works witz group of street boys u. Can see d lead guy @ the first pics, his veins ar out wen d main deal has not started wat good example can doz tfins show

I think you seriously need to stop writing in short-words. I found it difficult reading your comments. Please note we have intelligent forumites here and they may never take your comments or any future ones serious if you continue with short-words.
Re: Occupy Nigeria 2014 & Beyond by intrepid: 2:35pm On Dec 28, 2013
lincy: Lol and when u unsit GEJ what next? Occupy thief, no plan coming out to rant. Again yoruba morons. Only fools will join u ppl dis time. Go finish ur rant with Ngozi okonjo I. Negativism minded occupy lol.
What is the meaning of this ur misplaced remarks?Why start comment on ds thread with ethnic nonsense.?
Re: Occupy Nigeria 2014 & Beyond by cap28: 2:58pm On Dec 28, 2013
The forces you are trying to unseat are so ferocious that it will take much more than mere marching to remove them.

Nigeria's only saviour at this point in time is a grass roots revolutionary movement made up of all ethnic groups - this movement needs to be a nationalist movement with the sole aim of getting rid of the capitalist system that has been in place in Nigeria which has ensured that only 1% of Nigerians benefit from Nigeria's vast wealth. We have to look at what we need to do in order to remove this cancerous system which is being run from the top by Europe and America and implemented further down the food chain by their stooges the morally bankrupt Nigerian politicians.
Re: Occupy Nigeria 2014 & Beyond by intrepid: 11:17pm On Dec 28, 2013
cap28: The forces you are trying to unseat are so ferocious that it will take much more than mere marching to remove them.

Nigeria's only saviour at this point in time is a grass roots revolutionary movement made up of all ethnic groups - this movement needs to be a nationalist movement with the sole aim of getting rid of the capitalist system that has been in place in Nigeria which has ensured that only 1% of Nigerians benefit from Nigeria's vast wealth. We have to look at what we need to do in order to remove this cancerous system which is being run from the top by Europe and America and implemented further down the food chain by their stooges the morally bankrupt Nigerian politicians.
I'm not talking about unseating any government,rather i am calling on all and reminding colleagues to rise up and never forget what war we need to fight b4 we can be free...Thanks for your insight
Re: Occupy Nigeria 2014 & Beyond by lincy(f): 11:34pm On Dec 28, 2013
intrepid: I'm not talking about unseating any government,rather i am calling on all and reminding colleagues to rise up and never forget what war we need to fight b4 we can be free...Thanks for your insight
Lol, make ur master plan open to the public then we wil see reason wit you. No be small. Occupy shouldn't make things worst for Nigeria for now, hv not seen reason why they should be supported. Gbam! It just like an arrow witzout a head. Please we don't need "war" ur very careless in using words, hw can u be agitating for " war"? Naah waah!
Re: Occupy Nigeria 2014 & Beyond by intrepid: 10:38pm On Dec 31, 2013
lincy: Lol, make ur master plan open to the public then we wil see reason wit you. No be small. Occupy shouldn't make things worst for Nigeria for now, hv not seen reason why they should be supported. Gbam! It just like an arrow witzout a head. Please we don't need "war" ur very careless in using words, hw can u be agitating for " war"? Naah waah!

i tried to use very simple English in my presentation.i hope you read it very well before replying?
Re: Occupy Nigeria 2014 & Beyond by Nobody: 11:05pm On Dec 31, 2013
Any occupy that will not give me Biafra is a waste of time.
Re: Occupy Nigeria 2014 & Beyond by Ngokafor(f): 11:20pm On Dec 31, 2013
..*yawns*..occupy indeed!!...una don come again ba??..okayoo!

(1) (Reply)

Politice / Stop Playing Big Brother To African Countries-pdp Chieftain / Aba Worse Than Ebola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.