Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,783 members, 7,955,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:45 PM

Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor (35737 Views)

Breaking: Dr Oby Ezekwesili Likely next CBN Governor. To Replace Emefiele / Governor Of The Bank Of England Should Be Appointed As The Next CBN Governor. / Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Tip Aig-imoukhuede As Next CBN Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by Nobody: 4:39pm On Dec 28, 2013
Like you guys don't know Aig imokhuede of Access bank is been groomed for the position of CBN Governor. Make una dey look
Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by naijaking1: 4:40pm On Dec 28, 2013
OAM4J:

Really?

That means he has been buying all those international awards like the Africa CBN Governor of the year he won like 2/3 times or those people who who awarded it are intellectually limited like him.

I also think you are of the higher intellectual order than Sanusi cos it takes someone who is intellectually higher to know who is intellectually limited.

Hmnnnnn..... am learning.

What a shame that we would lower the bar of evaluating our CBN's governor's efficiciency to "how many international awards" he has.
First of all, these awards are easily bought and sold, many times they have no relationship with the reality on the ground, and again the awards really to go the many hard working CBN employees who are not even recognised in any way.

Because Sanusi is 90% political, 5% banking, and 5% religious he and his teaming blind praise singers have naturally claimed these awards as his personal accolade, and his alone!
What about the ordinary worker at the bank who made it all possible.--many of them were hired by previous governors.

The real Sanusi like, I told you even before he was confirmed is someone who did not understand the basic laws of economics, and now we have just found that he too can't even add and subtract.

Four years of blind Praise-singing has led you and Jarus to this unfortunate end.

6 Likes

Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by slydog(m): 4:41pm On Dec 28, 2013
slydog:

In addition to your requirements, I also want someone who knows the internal workings of the CBN, someone who's worked there or is currently there, not a newbie who will have to learn the ropes.
Also, since we've tried Soludo an economist to the core, and Sanusi a banker to the core, me feels we need and economist to the core once again.

The only person meeting this criteria is no other than Dr. Sarah Alade, a home breed economist from UI

And guess what? She will become the first female CBN governor
Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by DerideGull(m): 4:41pm On Dec 28, 2013
shymexx:

Bwahahahaha. The guy definitely looks like an highly educated fraudster. Africapitalism - buying up the darn continent, to enslave future generations via a ponzi scheme. grin

And Okonjo Iweala shouldn't recommend no one. With all her overloaded CV, she still can't manage the Nigerian economy - 10 years and still counting. However, The Chancellor of the Exchequer in the UK, George Osborne, who isn't as educated, with less experience, has been able to manage the UK's economy (a far bigger economy than Nigeria's) effectively, in just 3 years. God knows I don't like the Tories - but George Osborne is a freaking stud!

They need to look for an unknown economist in Nigeria that can do the job effectively.

shymens

I hate to see people that are supposedly thought they are in the know tempt to compare countries with many years of structured economic infrastructures in places of importance with a jungle such as Nigeria in real life time.

2 Likes

Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by Miner13: 4:42pm On Dec 28, 2013
SMH!

BTW!

See jamb question.

Instead of asking wil you support ***MINER***
to be the next CBN governor.

Thats' why i did not want to comment.

Do not tell me i made any comment.

Quote me again and see e-war
Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by naijaking1: 4:42pm On Dec 28, 2013
slydog:

In addition to your requirements, I also want someone who knows the internal workings of the CBN, someone who's worked there or is currently there, not a newbie who will have to learn the ropes.
Also, since we've tried Soludo an economist to the core, and Sanusi a banker to the core, me feels we need and economist to the core once again.

The only person meeting this criteria is no other than Dr. Sarah Alade, a home breed economist from UI

I agree with Dr. Alade for now. I like what I see on her profile so far
Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by banky222: 4:44pm On Dec 28, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos:

Yoruba man is the right man! Which other group in Nigeria run banks and investments and the economy and are savvy at managing fiduciary duties? Yoruba!
y not mention two names ?
Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by solomon111(m): 4:47pm On Dec 28, 2013
lagbaja: Bismack Rewane is the perfect man for the job
I like bismack rewane.
He is unknown in the political circles but a local and internationally respected financial analyst.
I'm just not sure if he has very strong paper qualifications that can compete with the other contenders,though he has the experience in private sector.
Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by rockyeweka(m): 4:49pm On Dec 28, 2013
I strongly believe from all indications that the current Md/Ceo of First Bank Of Nigeria PLC,Mr. Bisi Onasanya is going to take over the position of the cbn governor come may 2014.
Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by Nobody: 4:50pm On Dec 28, 2013
Tony Elumelu is more of a business guy and lately he's been acquiring more assets so he might not be interested in the post plus conflict of interest issues.
Atedo Peterside in my opinion will be the right choice,he's smart, tested and has the requisite skills to handle the post, he transformed Stanbic IBTC from nowhere to a billion dollar investment portfolio plus he showed his regulatory expertise recently in the his heading of a successful Power Privatization program plus he's already a member of the economic management team, he also knows when and when not to speak, an attribute Sanusi doesn't possess.
However, its likely GEJ will name Access Bank's outgoing MD Aig Imoukhede as his nominee.First Bank's Bisi Onasanya is also a dark horse if GEJ goes ethnic and wants to somewhat placate yorubas

Sanusi did a good job however and whoever is coming in should keep his management team

2 Likes

Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by joeace2020(m): 4:50pm On Dec 28, 2013
Kennyfancy: we need south south man,,nt mallam or killing religion
Am from Edo state and i believe all of you clamoring for someone from your fathers village need to sit down and think like real people and not senile nitwits... If you keep appointing and selecting people for Government positions based on tribal qualifications then who'll be the next president, vice, president, senate president, speaker of the house of reps, ministers of the various ministries and every other federal government portfolio in existence. This my tribe must occupy next reeks of stupidity and 'zombishness' if i may use such word. The very same reason why many people are ready to defend and die for their thieving brothers in government positions. Its all about him or her being from your tribe and nothing else. What shameless dogs living with me in such a confused and tribal sentimentality ridden crap called Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by nduchucks: 4:51pm On Dec 28, 2013
It is not by accident that those who are villifying Sanusi on this thread while discarding OAM4J's thoughts as unreasonable, and those who are promoting Elumelu as a ideal candidate for the CBN top post; are essentially GEJ apologists or they hail from either the SE or ND area.

Tribalism should not be a factor in picking a qualified candidate for such an important job. Its a disgrace and utter shame to see the exhibition of tribalism by the very people who are supposed to be learned. SMH

4 Likes

Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by Nobody: 4:53pm On Dec 28, 2013
rockyeweka: I strongly believe from all indications that the current Md/Ceo of First Bank Of Nigeria PLC, is going to take over the position of the cbn governor come may 2014.

Na only First Bank sabi produce CBN governors? grin
Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by solomon111(m): 4:56pm On Dec 28, 2013
ndu_chucks: It is not by accident that those who are villifying Sanusi on this thread while discarding OAM4J's thoughts as unreasonable, and those who are promoting Elumelu as a ideal candidate for the CBN top post; are essentially GEJ apologists or they hail from either the SE or ND area.

Tribalism should not be a factor in picking a qualified candidate for such an important job. Its a disgrace and utter shame to see the exhibition of tribalism by the very people who are supposed to be learned. SMH

sanusi has been a failure.
QED.

5 Likes

Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by JulianBond007: 4:57pm On Dec 28, 2013
Jonathan is not seeking for who has the best qualifications but someone who would be loyal to him. Aig comes to mind.
Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by naijaking1: 4:57pm On Dec 28, 2013
ndu_chucks: It is not by accident that those who are villifying Sanusi on this thread while discarding OAM4J's thoughts as unreasonable, and those who are promoting Elumelu as a ideal candidate for the CBN top post; are essentially GEJ apologists or they hail from either the SE or ND area.

Mallam, sanu d'aiki!
I was just about posting my research on Sarah Alade when I stumbled on your jardon again.

http://www.cenbank.org/aboutcbn/TheBoard.asp?Name=Dr.+Sarah+Alade+(OON)&Biodata=alade

Dr. Alade is 100% better than Sanusi in every aspect regarding the office. However, her limited knowledge on international banking and finance makes me give 'B' instead of 'A'
There're Nigerians out there in both north and south with better qualification than our current islamic fundamentalist cbn governor. BTW, remember the argument we has about SLS when he was coming in I won!

1 Like

Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by LRNZH(m): 5:01pm On Dec 28, 2013
Bro,

Don't waste your breath on these tribal apologists.

Because it is 12 or even 10 billion USD that is unaccounted for instead of the quoted 50 billion USD, it implies NNPC has been vindicated and Sanusi should be punished right?

We are talking 1.9 Trillion Naira missing within NNPC.
Deziani should be standing on hot charcoal now if GEJ isn't an accomplice.

And we complain about the sorry state of the Nigeria

la furia:
Pleaseeeeee, jeopardising what, tell me, did the subsidy scam jeopardize the government? Look nothing will shake this government even if it is a trillion dollars corruption.
The question now is what happened to the 12b dollars that the government agreed is missing? Please answer the missing 12b dollars na, no you won't, you want us to concentrate on why Sanusi said it was 50b dollars instead 12b dollars abi.
Alright Sanusi will pay the price for misquoting, agreed o,. Now tell me who should be held responsible for the 12b dollars that is missing?
Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by maxtamazin: 5:01pm On Dec 28, 2013
PapaBrowne: I think the post of CBN would kind of belittle Elumelu. The guy is poised for much bigger. Boggling him down in regulatory bureaucracy would not cut it for Elumelu. The trending words today in global finance are impact investment, conscious capitalism and social entrepreneurship. Elumelu is at the forefront of these three with his Africapitalism model.

For a regulatory institution like CBN, we need folks who are long on policy framework design and implementation. A Soludo type who can easily create policy and convert it into practicality. Not a lot of people come to mind.

I like when i read post like the above, not the usual nairaland mobile phone text english
Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by PapaBrowne(m): 5:01pm On Dec 28, 2013
naijaking1:

I agree with Dr. Alade for now. I like what I see on her profile so far

She is pretty much institutional. As in she appears to have been in the system. While that is ok, it prevents one from taking pretty bold policy steps as understanding the system as it works usually lets one just flow with the process. I like her though and I think she should be considered.

1 Like

Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by fajoren: 5:04pm On Dec 28, 2013
I think Aig-Umokuhede of Access Bank is in contention.....

this one wey sack workers in yuletide and pay musician N200 million for yeye performance in the same month. CBN governor?

here we go again with mediocrity

4 Likes

Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by nduchucks: 5:06pm On Dec 28, 2013
solomon111: sanusi has been a failure.
QED.

Don't flatter yourself. You are not as qualified as members of international organizations who think otherwise.

naijaking1:

Mallam, sanu d'aiki!
I was just about posting my research on Sarah Alade when I stumbled on your jardon again.

http://www.cenbank.org/aboutcbn/TheBoard.asp?Name=Dr.+Sarah+Alade+(OON)&Biodata=alade

Dr. Alade is 100% better than Sanusi in every aspect regarding the office. However, her limited knowledge on international banking and finance makes me give 'B' instead of 'A'
There're Nigerians out there in both north and south with better qualification than our current islamic fundamentalist cbn governor. BTW, remember the argument we has about SLS when he was coming in I won!

You may not be as guilty as others as far as tribalism goes, but you push the envelope quite hard atimes.
Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by OAM4J: 5:06pm On Dec 28, 2013
naijaking1:

What a shame that we would lower the bar of evaluating our CBN's governor's efficiciency to "how many international awards" he has.
First of all, these awards are easily bought and sold, many times they have no relationship with the reality on the ground, and again the awards really to go the many hard working CBN employees who are not even recognised in any way.

Because Sanusi is 90% political, 5% banking, and 5% religious he and his teaming blind praise singers have naturally claimed these awards as his personal accolade, and his alone!
What about the ordinary worker at the bank who made it all possible.--many of them were hired by previous governors.

The real Sanusi like, I told you even before he was confirmed is someone who did not understand the basic laws of economics, and now we have just found that he too can't even add and subtract.

Four years of blind Praise-singing has led you and Jarus to this unfortunate end.

Ok, guess we are saying the same thing; the awards were bought, likewise his MSc in Economics. Then he used mago-mago and man-no-man + politics to rise to the position of First Bank MD and later CBN Governor. He merited none of them at all, right?

Am learning more and more!

BTW, am not Sanusi's fan or one of his praise singers. I just didnt know till today that he is intellectually limited, but thanks to you and others, am learning.

5 Likes

Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by hercules07: 5:09pm On Dec 28, 2013
OAM4J:

Ok, guess we are saying the same thing; the awards were bought, likewise his MSc in Economics. Then he used mago-mago and man-no-man + politics to rise to the position of First Bank MD and later CBN Governor. He merited none of them at all, right?

BTW, am not Sanusi's fan or one of his praise singers. I just didnt know till today that he is intellectually limited, but thanks to you and others, am learning.

Why are you wasting your time arguing with these guys, they are die hard Sanusi haters, someone who shouted when money was missing in the coffers is their enemy, it has been so for them in the last four years, nothing the guy did has been good, meanwhile their messiah Soludo messed up the banking industry and with the Stock Exchange woman "stole" people's investment.
Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by PapaBrowne(m): 5:11pm On Dec 28, 2013
OAM4J:

Ok, guess we are saying the same thing; the awards were bought, [size=14pt]likewise his MSc in Economics.[/size] [/b]Then he used mago-mago and man-no-man + politics to rise to the position of First Bank MD and later CBN Governor. He merited none of them at all, right?

Sanusi was born on 31 July 1961. His father was a Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the 1960s and his grandfather was Emir of Kano and Islamic Scholar, Alhaji Muhammadu Sanusi. Sanusi graduated from King's College Lagos in 1977 and studied at Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria earning a BSc in Economics in 1981. He then taught economics at ABU from 1983 to 1985. He also obtained a degree in Islamic law from International University of Africa, Khartoum.

Msc in Economics
Maybe you sold it to him but he has refused to add it to his CV.

8 Likes

Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by LRNZH(m): 5:13pm On Dec 28, 2013
hercules07:

Why are you wasting your time arguing with these guys, they are die hard Sanusi haters, someone who shouted when money was missing in the coffers is their enemy, it has been so for them in the last four years, nothing the guy did has been good, meanwhile their messiah Soludo messed up the banking industry and with the Stock Exchange woman "stole" people's investment.

You have said it all.

When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

Jonathan Swift (1667 - 1745)

1 Like

Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by solomon111(m): 5:13pm On Dec 28, 2013
OAM4J:

I'm sure you were one of those people that questioned the competence of NOI as minister of finance even with all her experience in the world of finance and international banking.
So spare us the sarcasm.

4 Likes

Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by LRNZH(m): 5:16pm On Dec 28, 2013
solomon111: I'm sure you were one of those people that questioned the competence of NOI as minister of finance even with all her experience in the world of finance and international banking.
So spare us the sarcasm.

Two wrongs do not make a right.

So if indeed he questioned NOI's credentials as you claim, does that justify your confederates vilifying Sanusi without a genuine basis?

All I see is tribalism.
Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by naijaking1: 5:20pm On Dec 28, 2013
OAM4J:

There you go again, Sanusi has no Msc in economics! Except the one Jarus gave him here on Nairaland!!!

5 Likes

Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by tblacker(m): 5:23pm On Dec 28, 2013
Yoruba man is the right man! Which other group in Nigeria run banks and investments and the economy and are savvy at managing fiduciary duties? Yoruba!

Brainless...
Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by JulianBond007: 5:26pm On Dec 28, 2013
naijaking1:

There you go again, Sanusi has no Msc in economics! Except the one Jarus gave him here on Nairaland!!!
Even though Sanusi doesn't have an Msc,he is far better than NOI who has all the qualities to lead our economy yet nothing to show for it. If I am to pick between Sanusi and Iweala,I will go for Sanusi anytime anyday! He has done well in the banking sector.

1 Like

Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by Afam4eva(m): 5:27pm On Dec 28, 2013
naijaking1:

grin grin grin
Re: Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor by Onlytruth(m): 5:27pm On Dec 28, 2013
With all due respect to Sanusi apologists on this thread, the man lowered the bar set by Soludo!
When he came in and was only parroting "risk in the system.. risk management...risk, risk, risk!" I knew he would fail at the job.
For a CBN governor to gaffe in the amount of money at the CBN up to a whooping $38 billion is the height of incompentency!
I am grateful that GEJ has done the needful with him by firing his @ss.
Good riddance!

As for his replacement, my 20/20 tells me that he/she has to be a core technocrat as well as a person not working for the opposition.
Nigeria's CBN has developed to international standards (thanks to SOLUDO who restructured it for dominance in Africa). I believe that the institution itself can withstand a mediocre like Sanusi without crashing. So, those who say that GEJ should pick a loyal person is on point. cool

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

President Buhari Arrived In Iran (photos) / EFCC Officials Raid Hotel In Enugu, Beat Hotel Owner & Arrest Many / Deregulation: Petrol Consumption Falls By 30%, Says FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.