Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,779 members, 7,817,219 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop - Computers (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop (25507 Views)

7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop / Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop / Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by tim26will: 12:51pm On Jan 03, 2014
BlogStable.com:

Thanks for your suggestion, my hailing to your cos.
anyone you need, i will give you below your target with warranty.
Re: Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by BlogStablecom(m): 12:53pm On Jan 03, 2014
emmatok:

LENOVO THINKPADS are the best laptops i have used.
But consider the price
Re: Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by BlogStablecom(m): 1:00pm On Jan 03, 2014
mouyoursawre: For d hp, i can't advice my enemy to get one cos of d bitter experience i had with it, i used hp pavillion 2000 and hp probook, but it was a dismal dat they were nothing to write home about. I will suggest u get acer, its really a strong machine.
Thanks for the suggestion. Eyeing Acer badly.
Re: Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by BlogStablecom(m): 1:10pm On Jan 03, 2014
cbrass: Like seriously You want to learn JAVA,PhYTON and PHP all at once? May I ask how many years do you wish to stay at home
Not so bro, though I have the potential of doing so; all I need now is understanding the rudiments.
Re: Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by claycares: 1:32pm On Jan 03, 2014
BlogStable.com:
Hello to all Nairalanders in the building. I want to take Computer Science Course (Comp Sci) in University [Because I"Love Everything About Computation"]; So while am still waiting for admission, I want to start a Web Development program (Programming - Java, Javascript, Python & PHP) and I need a good (rugged) Laptop. I've set a budget of N85k (N85,000). But, Does Brand (Like: Acer, Dell, HP or Lenovo) really matter, or determined a good Laptop? Any advice? I'm waiting with great anticipation to hear from you...

OH! Am I Dreaming? Can't Believe It, front page? Dancing Alingo.

Check out this insightful thread before buying that PC
https://www.nairaland.com/1579026/22-essentials-consider-before-buying#20645016
Re: Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by BlogStablecom(m): 1:36pm On Jan 03, 2014
Decibel: Pls i will advise you to add some doe to wat u hv right nw and go for the latest Samsung Series9 .it has durable battery,quadcore,4-8Gb ram and genuine graphics 'cos some Hp laptops rejects some higher programs like Oracle 11g and 12c xcept it's being surrogated using Embedd linux version of such program which might not be compatible with the device. Also Lenovo is good too. You are highly welcome to the programing world.
Thanks so much bro. Computer Sustain Life!
Re: Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jan 03, 2014
I would suggest u go 4 Toshiba c50-16c or c70-108 laptop,But if have enough dough then go 4 MacBook pro or even the air,U can not go wrong wit apples.
Re: Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jan 03, 2014
BlogStable.com:

Thanks for the suggestion. Eyeing Acer badly.
then go for acer timeline with ssd drive. They have good battery backup of about 8hours.
Re: Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by fistonati(m): 2:01pm On Jan 03, 2014
Hey friend, i started using a PC wen leaving d secondary school back then in 1999 & completed my training early 2000. I've had opportunity 2 work with different PC's and even as an agent with a leading Coy in IB, in my close to 30months I used four different HP products but since I have been using my Acer Aspire 3810T i haven't been dissappointed. the processor is 1.6 gh back then, though its low for my Photoshop now. I will sincerely recommend ACER since u have such money you can buy the highest Acer product online @ that price & I bet it you won't be dissappointed. Ppl don't know Acer give da best service with longer Battery Life @ Cheapest price. 75% of HP in Nigeria is fake. I bought my Acer online. And everything it cost me 52K. Just make sure you get atleast 2.3gh Processor and 4 gig Ram hardisk space is nothing.
Re: Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by fistonati(m): 2:02pm On Jan 03, 2014
BlogStable.com:
Hello to all Nairalanders in the building. I want to take Computer Science Course (Comp Sci) in University [Because I"Love Everything About Computation"]; So while am still waiting for admission, I want to start a Web Development program (Programming - Java, Javascript, Python & PHP) and I need a good (rugged) Laptop. I've set a budget of N85k (N85,000). But, Does Brand (Like: Acer, Dell, HP or Lenovo) really matter, or determined a good Laptop? Any advice? I'm waiting with great anticipation to hear from you...

OH! Am I Dreaming? Can't Believe It, front page? Dancing Alingo.
Hey friend, i started using a PC wen leaving d secondary school back then in 1999 & completed my training early 2000. I've had opportunity 2 work with different PC's and even as an agent with a leading Coy in IB, in my close to 30months I used four different HP products but since I have been using my Acer Aspire 3810T i haven't been dissappointed. the processor is 1.6 gh back then, though its low for my Photoshop now. I will sincerely recommend ACER since u have such money you can buy the highest Acer product online @ that price & I bet it you won't be dissappointed. Ppl don't know Acer give da best service with longer Battery Life @ Cheapest price. 75% of HP in Nigeria is fake. I bought my Acer online. And everything it cost me 52K. Just make sure you get atleast 2.3gh Processor and 4 gig Ram hardisk space is nothing.
Re: Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Synthase(m): 3:29pm On Jan 03, 2014
I wish I can add to your confusion... grin but I think this thread has given you enough review on different brands, the onus is now on you to check out more online reviews and get the one with the best spec within your budget. Hp is not as bad as people made it to be, at least in time past it was probably the first name to consider when choosing a laptop brand and this informed my own decision to check out and review online only hp laptops within my budget and then I had to settle for a dm4. It is well over 2yrs nw and the only observed down turn is the change in battery life from about 6hrs to 2hrs and I have assisted two friends in getting similar series and and with no issue till date. So, the only reason I will not recommend hp for you now as someone noted is that we have too many fake/made in China hp in the market. Lay your hands on one made in europe, am sure you will not have all these bad hp testimonies we have here.

1 Like

Re: Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by franzis(m): 3:35pm On Jan 03, 2014
Thanks guys was just going to get an hp laptop but with what have read here switching to toshiba
Re: Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by BlogStablecom(m): 4:21pm On Jan 03, 2014
Synthase: I wish I can add to your confusion... grin but I think this thread has given you enough review on different brands, the onus is now on you to check out more online reviews and get the one with the best spec within your budget. Hp is not as bad as people made it to be, at least in time past it was probably the first name to consider when choosing a laptop brand and this informed my own decision to check out and review online only hp laptops within my budget and then I had to settle for a dm4. It is well over 2yrs nw and the only observed down turn is the change in battery life from about 6hrs to 2hrs and I have assisted two friends in getting similar series and and with no issue till date. So, the only reason I will not recommend hp for you now as someone noted is that we have too many fake/made in China hp in the market. Lay your hands on one made in europe, am sure you will not have all these bad hp testimonies we have here.
But how do I differentiate between made in china & europe?
Re: Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by sammoe(m): 5:25pm On Jan 03, 2014
Man seriously, I've learnt not to base buying decisions solely on online reviews and user experiences. These give you an idea of what to look out for.

Where the laptop's bought, user handling, processes carried out on it etc. determine how good an experience the user has.
Some people are just unlucky to have a faulty version of the same gadget others use.

on hp. I bought a HP 630 in Dec 2011 and it's still in top condition(apart from a few scratches). A friend bought an Acer mid 2012. Today, it's name's Sorry. Blown power pack & wretched looking.

So... go figure.

1 Like

Re: Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by EmmyDe25(m): 5:29pm On Jan 03, 2014
Davo93: Hmmm... I am kinda con fused now. Thanks Okija. So which of the Dell Laptops will you recommend with the above features and not too expensive.
Dell Vostro 2520.
CORE I3, 4G Ram, 500HDD, 4000HD graphics. price: 74 - 78k
Re: Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by damilarelr(m): 8:25pm On Jan 03, 2014
Pangea: Dell ke?
Avoid that brand at all cost!
Google 7 beeps of death and you will thank me later.
My dell inspiron is gathering dust under my table now!

May I suggest you buy ASUS products,
You will be glad you did!

You have just spoken my mind.
@Op, get an Asus laptop with 500/750gb hdd, screen size is negligible, 2/4gb RAM, be it Celeron processor, you're good to go but see if your money can hold a Core i3 processor and make sure the OS on it is windows 7 if you don't want to be restricted application-wise. If you're based in Lagos you should be able to get a good Asus product from one of these Online stores.

By the way, my Asus is clocking 6 years this April. it's been difficult finding a suitable replacement..
Re: Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by jonuel1(m): 10:14pm On Jan 03, 2014
Pangea: Dell ke?
Avoid that brand at all cost!
Google 7 beeps of death and you will thank me later.
My dell inspiron is gathering dust under my table now!

May I suggest you buy ASUS products,
You will be glad you did!

Asus, hell no! †ђªt stuff †ђªt looks chinco-ish? My aunt bought it aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ cudnt use a projector with it. I fink so far, HP is best aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ handling matters
Re: Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by ambroseadam48: 11:31pm On Jan 03, 2014
Ok
Re: Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Kdamilola(m): 1:25am On Jan 04, 2014
Okija_juju:

HP Laptops?!!

No thanks..

Are HP laptops dat bad?!
And U talk am lyk say na sh*t
Re: Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Maximus884(m): 8:03am On Jan 04, 2014
BlogStable.com:

But consider the price
pls wat r d subjects u offer 4 ur course(computer sci) and which 1 z harder read computer science or computer engineering
Re: Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Nobody: 8:45am On Jan 04, 2014
mouyoursawre: For d hp, i can't advice my enemy to get one cos of d bitter experience i had with it, i used hp pavillion 2000 and hp probook, but it was a dismal dat they were nothing to write home about. I will suggest u get acer, its really a strong machine.

forget o, have been using my own HP for past one year now and no bad complain about it
Re: Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Nobody: 8:50am On Jan 04, 2014
sammoe: Man seriously, I've learnt not to base buying decisions solely on online reviews and user experiences. These give you an idea of what to look out for.

Where the laptop's bought, user handling, processes carried out on it etc. determine how good an experience the user has.
Some people are just unlucky to have a faulty version of the same gadget others use.

on hp. I bought a HP 630 in Dec 2011 and it's still in top condition(apart from a few scratches). A friend bought an Acer mid 2012. Today, it's name's Sorry. Blown power pack & wretched looking.

So... go figure.

u are on point, some pple just get bad luck about laptops and they complain about d brand
Re: Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Wan47(m): 8:56am On Jan 04, 2014
Hp pavilion g6...
4gb ram,
i3,
2.41ghz,
750gb harddisk,
price= 86k
Re: Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by comradestalk: 3:13pm On Jan 04, 2014
Okija_juju:

HP Laptops?!!

No thanks..

i bought my first hp laptop nx 8220 in 2005 and till date represents a great investment.
Infact i am typing this comment from my NX 8220. I have never had a technical issue with it, the only thing is that i have had to replace the batteries.
I am now a die hard fan of hp when it comes to laptop, would be replacing my Nx8220 with one of the zbook series when it hits nigeria.
if anyone know where i can purchase the zbook series please let me know.
Re: Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Nobody: 12:16pm On Oct 22, 2014
Re: Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by primeson1(m): 7:01pm On Feb 05, 2015
hp 255 g3 amd , is it good?
Re: Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by PaypalGod(m): 7:32pm On Feb 05, 2015
Finally got my Alienware. Core i7. 12gb ram, 2gb NVIDIA vram. 60gb ssd hdd, 1tb hdd @7200rpm, 500gb @7200rpm. 17.3". Hdmi in, Hdmi out. 4 3.0usb ports. 8 core processors...
Re: Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by dljbd1(m): 12:29pm On Feb 07, 2015
PaypalGod:
Finally got my Alienware. Core i7. 12gb ram, 2gb NVIDIA vram. 60gb ssd hdd, 1tb hdd @7200rpm, 500gb @7200rpm. 17.3". Hdmi in, Hdmi out. 4 3.0usb ports. 8 core processors...

Bros, how much abeg?
Re: Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by smart3856: 7:39am On Jun 14, 2015
I have a core i5 256 GB HDD 5gb ram nvidia geforce with cuda 1gb dedicated fingerprints reader............Sony VAIO vpcz112gx................add me on. Whatsapp 08139147918
Re: Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by docchuks(m): 6:16am On Jun 14, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fix your Apple And Windows Laptop Fault Here At Cheap Price with warranty / Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Computer? / Boluwatife Aiki-Raji Appointed By Twitter As Lead Software Engineer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.