Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,599 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

VP Namadi Sambo Jittery Over Mass Defection From PDP To APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / VP Namadi Sambo Jittery Over Mass Defection From PDP To APC (1260 Views)

Mass Defection From APC To PDP In Edo State ahead of 2016 elections / Rate Of Defection From PDP To APC Shameful – Dabiri-erewa / Apology And Correction On Ayisha Osori's Defection From PDP - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

VP Namadi Sambo Jittery Over Mass Defection From PDP To APC by nduchucks: 5:52pm On Dec 28, 2013

Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Namadi Sambo is currently in the state of despair over recent political tsunami ravaging his party, the Peoples’ Democratic Party.

Report according to THE NATION online suggested that all is not well in the political camp of Vice-President.

There is disquiet in the camp in the wake of erosion of his power base in Kaduna and the Northwest zone occasioned by mass defection of members of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the All Progressives Congress (APC).

The zone comprises Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Jigawa, Kebbi, Zamfara and Sokoto states.

Alhaji Sambo was until his emergence as Vice President the governor of Kaduna State.

The PDP has already lost Governors Rabiu Kwankwaso of Kano State, Aliyu Wamakko of Sokoto State and many federal and state legislators in the zone to the APC.

A former chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Yaro Audi Makama, during the week led 74 stakeholders in PDP in Kaduna State, including seven former members of the State House of Assembly, to the APC.

Read the rest here

There are indications that GEJ is planning to dump Samboi, one of his most trusted and loyal supporters and VP, in order to achieve his own selfish goal instead of looking out for he best interest of the PDP.

There are chatters arround Abuja that Sambo himself may very well defect to APC to checkmate GEJ, if Sambo is disgraced by being refused the VP ticket. cheesy
Re: VP Namadi Sambo Jittery Over Mass Defection From PDP To APC by donphilopus: 5:57pm On Dec 28, 2013
I'm getting some info that GEJ might drop Sambo, and pick another person as his running-mate; which I doubt! But, if that truly happens, GEJ should be ready to lose Kaduna, alongside 3 major states in Nigeria.
Re: VP Namadi Sambo Jittery Over Mass Defection From PDP To APC by Rad1cal: 5:59pm On Dec 28, 2013
Story Story, Story!!
Re: VP Namadi Sambo Jittery Over Mass Defection From PDP To APC by Ngwakwe: 6:11pm On Dec 28, 2013
Don't worry, there is high level consultation going on behind close doors to woo Mallam Nuhu Ribadu to PDP as replacement for Sambo in a bid to reassure independent minded Nigerians of GEJ's outright resolve to go all out against corrupt Oligarchs and Elites in his second term.

ndu_chucks:

There are indications that GEJ is planning to dump Samboi, one of his most trusted and loyal supporters and VP, in order to achieve his own selfish goal instead of looking out for he best interest of the PDP.

There are chatters arround Abuja that Sambo himself may very well defect to APC to checkmate GEJ, if Sambo is disgraced by being refused the VP ticket. cheesy

1 Like

Re: VP Namadi Sambo Jittery Over Mass Defection From PDP To APC by donphilopus: 6:12pm On Dec 28, 2013
Ngwakwe: Don't worry, there is high level consultation going on behind close doors to woo Mallam Nuhu Ribadu to PDP as replacement for Sambo in a bid to reassure independent minded Nigerians of GEJ's outright resolve to go all out against corrupt Oligarchs and Elites in his second term.

Ribadu?? Story story story!
Re: VP Namadi Sambo Jittery Over Mass Defection From PDP To APC by abbakacici: 6:33pm On Dec 28, 2013
donphilopus: I'm getting some info that GEJ might drop Sambo, and pick another person as his running-mate; which I doubt! But, if that truly happens, GEJ should be ready to lose Kaduna, alongside 3 major states in Nigeria.
with sambo, GEJ still don't win Kaduna in 2011,
Re: VP Namadi Sambo Jittery Over Mass Defection From PDP To APC by slimming: 6:44pm On Dec 28, 2013
unfolding misery
Re: VP Namadi Sambo Jittery Over Mass Defection From PDP To APC by nduchucks: 6:55pm On Dec 28, 2013
Ngwakwe: Don't worry, there is high level consultation going on behind close doors to woo Mallam Nuhu Ribadu to PDP as replacement for Sambo in a bid to reassure independent minded Nigerians of GEJ's outright resolve to go all out against corrupt Oligarchs and Elites in his second term.

You at least admit that the PDP ship is sinking but I guess you have not read the following statement by Ribadu which he made only yesterday:

Nuhu Ribadu:
People are leaving PDP for APC because they needed change. APC symbolized the position of majority of Nigerians.

We are happy to be the platform for change that Nigerians are yearning for.
Re: VP Namadi Sambo Jittery Over Mass Defection From PDP To APC by Ngwakwe: 7:04pm On Dec 28, 2013
Ribadu is better off with GEJ as Vice President than with Ahmed Tinubu and uncertain political future.

With so many bigwigs joining APC, Ribadu interest will be lost.

donphilopus: Ribadu?? Story story story!

1 Like

Re: VP Namadi Sambo Jittery Over Mass Defection From PDP To APC by Ngwakwe: 7:11pm On Dec 28, 2013
And you forget what he said about Ahmed Tinubu.

Those words are diversionary tactics to keep the media away from ongoing negotiations with PDP

ndu_chucks:

You at least admit that the PDP ship is sinking but I guess you have not read the following statement by Ribadu which he made only yesterday:

1 Like

Re: VP Namadi Sambo Jittery Over Mass Defection From PDP To APC by meine: 7:14pm On Dec 28, 2013
Ngwakwe: Ribadu is better off with GEJ as Vice President than with Ahmed Tinubu and uncertain political future.

With so many bigwigs joining APC, Ribadu interest will be lost.

Lol, seems this guy is finally accepting the reality that all is not well with his master. I have a solution for his headache tell him to stop fighting unnecessary wars and focus on development , while showing strong commitment against corruption. He needs the masses more than any bagger. That way he wins simpluuu kiss
Re: VP Namadi Sambo Jittery Over Mass Defection From PDP To APC by Nobody: 7:25pm On Dec 28, 2013
I have said it before, PDP will implode before 2015. By 2015, PDP will have only three governors: Akpabio, Jang and Dickson. Dont be surprised if GEJ runs with Tukur as Sambo will may dump him before then.

And for those dreaming that Ribadu will join PDP, keep dreaming. PDP is a sinking ship and it will sink!

3 Likes

Re: VP Namadi Sambo Jittery Over Mass Defection From PDP To APC by meine: 7:31pm On Dec 28, 2013
See guys, I may not have the crystal ball for 2015. One thing am sure of is 2014 will be quite interesting with a lot of "e tu brute"(you too Brutus ?). I am not running anywhere, I have borrowed popcorn maker and bought plenty soda. Make we Sidon watch drama. grin
Re: VP Namadi Sambo Jittery Over Mass Defection From PDP To APC by Ngwakwe: 7:36pm On Dec 28, 2013
You bumped into a thread typed some words and succeeded in saying nothing.

I was discussing serious issues with Ndu_Chuks and you came with this distraction

Nashville: I have said it before, PDP will implode before 2015. By 2015, PDP will have only three governors: Akpabio, Jang and Dickson. Dont be surprised if GEJ runs with Tukur as Sambo will may dump him before then.

And for those dreaming that Ribadu will join PDP, keep dreaming. PDP is a sinking ship and it will sink!

1 Like

Re: VP Namadi Sambo Jittery Over Mass Defection From PDP To APC by kokoA(m): 7:43pm On Dec 28, 2013
Sambo is a political liability, he has no base in Kaduna. With or without Sambo GEJ cannot win Kaduna.
Re: VP Namadi Sambo Jittery Over Mass Defection From PDP To APC by Gamji007: 7:54pm On Dec 28, 2013
donphilopus: I'm getting some info that GEJ might drop Sambo, and pick another person as his running-mate; which I doubt! But, if that truly happens, GEJ should be ready to lose Kaduna, alongside 3 major states in Nigeria.

Namadi Sambo has a very weak political structure in Kaduna and does not enjoy the support of Kaduna masses. Wether GEJ drops him or not, the presidential election will not favour PDP in Kaduna state.

Namadi Sambo is like a zero behind a decimal point! grin
Re: VP Namadi Sambo Jittery Over Mass Defection From PDP To APC by Gamji007: 8:04pm On Dec 28, 2013

GEJ needs not take Ribadu as running mate to demonstrate such "outright resolve". He can start now by changing his "body language" towards corruption. Let us see him take action on corrupt individuals especially those in his cabinet. Only then will he earn the goodwill of most independent minded Nigerians.

But that is only a mirage. cry
Re: VP Namadi Sambo Jittery Over Mass Defection From PDP To APC by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 28, 2013

You mean he needs Ribadu to fight corruption? So you mean i'll vote for him because of a PROMISE to fight corruption in his 2nd term? Why can't he start now?

Well i am not foolish and please stop believing nigerians are foolish. At least SW people i know of are not!
Re: VP Namadi Sambo Jittery Over Mass Defection From PDP To APC by israel007: 8:26pm On Dec 28, 2013
Heard from a reliable source that even the Senate President would defect to APC.

Na wa o

1 Like

Re: VP Namadi Sambo Jittery Over Mass Defection From PDP To APC by wasak(m): 8:27pm On Dec 28, 2013
the kinda comments I read on Nairaland everyday deepens the worry in my heart. For what reason will anyone discuss the political ambitions of individuals rather than national interest. I don't think anyone should be interested in who gets which post,when and how.
Rather we should be concerned about the common goal of the nation. National interest, developed nations are where they are today because they understand the fact that personal interest is different from collective interest.
with the comments I read above.
I give up.!
Re: VP Namadi Sambo Jittery Over Mass Defection From PDP To APC by Nobody: 8:58pm On Dec 28, 2013
ndu_chucks:

nairaland too dont turn to anti- Gej?: ss let creat our own forum. Pls God i m prayin for disintegration
Re: VP Namadi Sambo Jittery Over Mass Defection From PDP To APC by Ngwakwe: 9:07pm On Dec 28, 2013
If I ask you to name political corruptions witnessed under GEJ regime, you'll start mentioning alleged corruption where the conviction is hard to prove.

Nigerians where fed with all sort of lies about Oduahgate, only for NASS to found her wanting on two counts, abuse of legislation and administrative authority same thing President's panel found against her without the legislation part.

However, while the President's panel recommended Administrative Caution, the House recommended Review of her continued stay as Minister.

Then the question becomes, why was there no corruption charge against Oduah by these two committees? Simple answer - She never benefited, nor enriched herself from the contracts.

One the issue of Pension Fund embezzlement and the conviction, blame the NASS that recommended irrelevant punishments that can't discourage corruption.

The fight against institutionalised corruption through constitutional and legal means is so frustrating in Nigeria if the culprit has the money to hire respected Lawyers who capitalise on loopholes in our laws to subvert justice.

Akinmail:

You mean he needs Ribadu to fight corruption? So you mean i'll vote for him because of a PROMISE to fight corruption in his 2nd term? Why can't he start now?

Well i am not foolish and please stop believing nigerians are foolish. At least SW people i know of are not!

1 Like

Re: VP Namadi Sambo Jittery Over Mass Defection From PDP To APC by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 28, 2013
Ngwakwe: If I ask you to name political corruptions witnessed under GEJ regime, you'll start mentioning alleged corruption where the conviction is hard to prove.

Nigerians where fed with all sort of lies about Oduahgate, only for NASS to found her wanting on two counts, abuse of legislation and administrative authority same thing President's panel found against her without the legislation part.

However, while the President's panel recommended Administrative Caution, the House recommended Review of her continued stay as Minister.

Then the question becomes, why was there no corruption charge against Oduah by these two committees? Simple answer - She never benefited, nor enriched herself from the contracts.

So tell me more!
Isn't it funny that YOUR government buys 200 vehicles(bullet-proof) for every occassion.

I don't care about Oduah and i don't want to discuss her. Oduah is whatever she is. I don't care about her!
Re: VP Namadi Sambo Jittery Over Mass Defection From PDP To APC by Ngwakwe: 9:34pm On Dec 28, 2013
You are venturing into unnecessary debate that leads to nowhere.

I was privileged to see prices most cooperation and government institutions budget for a pen (most times between N100 to N200) and I became astonished.

Individuals buy cash and pricing is generally different from what bidders procure items for companies and government bodies - that's the fact yet unbelievable.

Akinmail:

So tell me more!
Isn't it funny that YOUR government buys 200 vehicles(bullet-proof) for every occassion.

I don't care about Oduah and i don't want to discuss her. Oduah is whatever she is. I don't care about her!

www.freedomafric.com

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Accepts PDP Adoption Says I Am Raeally Humbled / Hon. Godwin Abigor, State Drictor Of Protocols, Amongst Delta State Delegates / Meet The Face Of Ebola In America---thomas Eric Duncan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.