Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,616 members, 7,958,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 06:07 AM

What's So Special About Making Nairaland's Front Page?! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What's So Special About Making Nairaland's Front Page?! (791 Views)

Thank You For Making Nairaland Forum Great (My Message To 1 Million Members) / What Is So Special About January 1st? / What Is So Special About December? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's So Special About Making Nairaland's Front Page?! by shorxynla(m): 7:32pm On Dec 28, 2013
Have been wondering since. What's so special about making it to the front page of Nairaland.

Have got some of my post on the front page recently and I didn't have any special reaction or feelings.

But there are some dudes that are extremely happy seen their post on Frontpage.

Please share your views, what's special about Nairaland front page.
Re: What's So Special About Making Nairaland's Front Page?! by Smily202(m): 7:40pm On Dec 28, 2013
space booked.......I dey come wen it mak frontpage. ... grin grin
Re: What's So Special About Making Nairaland's Front Page?! by Saraben(f): 7:46pm On Dec 28, 2013
u don't know what is special and u r trying to make front paged first tin I check anytm I log in is if my post or comments made FP or the no of likes I get
there is a special feeling and joy
Re: What's So Special About Making Nairaland's Front Page?! by Frankdamaxx(m): 7:47pm On Dec 28, 2013
Spreads wrrapa, adi ama ama.

3 Likes

Re: What's So Special About Making Nairaland's Front Page?! by vizkiz: 7:48pm On Dec 28, 2013
i tink d reason y z cuz dey feel *my topic/post is siqnificant n wuld b seen by loads of peeps*

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Making Nairaland's Front Page?! by badmeat(m): 7:54pm On Dec 28, 2013
Mods!this is about FP,pls put it in FP,grin
Re: What's So Special About Making Nairaland's Front Page?! by EzePromoe: 8:04pm On Dec 28, 2013
Me too.
Peradventure this thread get lost and is found on the FP grin

Booked!
Re: What's So Special About Making Nairaland's Front Page?! by Nobody: 8:06pm On Dec 28, 2013
Just a feeling. But what I don't like is how some people throw insults at admin just because there topic ain't pushed to the fp, as if there's a special award for it.

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Making Nairaland's Front Page?! by Nobody: 8:11pm On Dec 28, 2013
Buncha kids. Check my topics, u'll realise av made fp too but didn't giv a hoot!
Re: What's So Special About Making Nairaland's Front Page?! by israel007: 8:15pm On Dec 28, 2013
Means you're intelligent to have posted something beneficial for human consumption.

Ultimately, it shows you are not one of the:

End time crews, pics or it didn't happen, wetin consign us crew. Those dirty piece of talk
Re: What's So Special About Making Nairaland's Front Page?! by Onwe101(m): 8:20pm On Dec 28, 2013
Out of numerous topics on every section..urs was selected to be on d front page to be seen by d whole world...its like been a winner..and dias a special joi wen u win....dnt wori wen dis post makes front pages ull understand wat I mean...

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Making Nairaland's Front Page?! by Frankdamaxx(m): 8:28pm On Dec 28, 2013
Jenams: Buncha kids. Check my topics, u'll realise av made fp too but didn't giv a hoot!

We don hear you, Oya move on let the kids play.
Re: What's So Special About Making Nairaland's Front Page?! by Nobody: 8:29pm On Dec 28, 2013
Frankdamaxx: Spreads wrrapa, adi ama ama.

Typical ibo man..
Re: What's So Special About Making Nairaland's Front Page?! by Danhumprey: 8:30pm On Dec 28, 2013
grin
Re: What's So Special About Making Nairaland's Front Page?! by shorxynla(m): 8:41pm On Dec 28, 2013
salaksmana: Just a feeling. But what I don't like is how some people throw insults at admin just because there topic ain't pushed to the fp, as if there's a special award for it.
Re: What's So Special About Making Nairaland's Front Page?! by Deiok(m): 8:44pm On Dec 28, 2013
This OP is a liar.
You mean you werent happy or had some kind of smile in your face when your topic hit the front page. If you dont like front page me like it, and please always inform the mods not to move any of your topics to front page, let the thread of those that like front page be move to it, thank you for your understanding.
Re: What's So Special About Making Nairaland's Front Page?! by Dannylux: 9:00pm On Dec 28, 2013
Joining the crowd - hope this makes front page too cos this space has been booked. grin grin
Re: What's So Special About Making Nairaland's Front Page?! by Nobody: 9:03pm On Dec 28, 2013
full stop
Re: What's So Special About Making Nairaland's Front Page?! by psky: 9:05pm On Dec 28, 2013
israel007: Means you're intelligent to have posted something beneficial for human consumption.

End time crews, pics or it didn't happen, wetin consign us crew. Those dirty piece of talk

If I hear! grin grin grin
Re: What's So Special About Making Nairaland's Front Page?! by Karleb(m): 9:05pm On Dec 28, 2013
I was here.
Re: What's So Special About Making Nairaland's Front Page?! by israel007: 9:14pm On Dec 28, 2013
psky:

If I hear! grin grin grin

Lol
Re: What's So Special About Making Nairaland's Front Page?! by Suzie0(f): 9:20pm On Dec 28, 2013
Space booked as well
Re: What's So Special About Making Nairaland's Front Page?! by Andyblaze: 9:22pm On Dec 28, 2013
Just in case
Re: What's So Special About Making Nairaland's Front Page?! by Vivly(f): 9:27pm On Dec 28, 2013
israel007: Means you're intelligent to have posted something beneficial for human consumption.

Not all joor. With the high rate of ridiculous topics that makes front page these days. Don't commit fallacy of hasty generalization abeg. 'Smart phones are demonic'. grin grin
Re: What's So Special About Making Nairaland's Front Page?! by psky: 9:44pm On Dec 28, 2013
Op imagine you are a music artist. Creating a topic on nairaland is like releasing a single, you really don't know what's going to happen, how the public will react to it. You are taking a huge risk, it's either going to be a flop or a success. You are anxious, nervous, waiting for the first few people to comment.

Having your topic reach two, three or four pages is like having your single being downloaded by a whole lot of your fans. Yeah, you feel great, it might not be frontpage, but it's a success.

But then having your topic reach frontpage is like having it being in the billboard hot 100 charts. You feel great, awesome, your product is being appreciated by a wide range of people, it's not being restricted to a section. It's being picked out of dozens of threads to be featured on the golden frontpage, and now to be viewed by thousands of people.
That's what makes it so special.
cool

However remember that like in the music industry there are also levels in nairaland. There are those who have created 83 threads but only have one or two, and some none on frontpage. Those are the one hit wonders of nairaland. And then there are those who make frontpage when they feel like, and that means every other day, the rihannas of nairaland. To be like them you would have to be talented in the art of frontpaging, and that means you would have to understand nairaland politics and use it to your best advantage, as much as you would have to create intelligent threads centered on what the average Nigerian could relate to.

I hope my analogy has been helpful? grin

2 Likes

Re: What's So Special About Making Nairaland's Front Page?! by psky: 9:49pm On Dec 28, 2013
Vivly: Not all joor. With the high rate of ridiculous topics that makes front page these days. Don't commit fallacy of hasty generalization abeg. 'Smart phones are demonic'. grin grin

As in, I had wanted to use that thread as an example, nowadays everything has a demon.

Soon you will even see "my pant is possessed, please help". grin
Re: What's So Special About Making Nairaland's Front Page?! by Vivly(f): 9:51pm On Dec 28, 2013
To some bloggers who post celebrities ish, trends, whatever with 'source' to back their post, making front page is no big deal. But, to some who create random threads and then by miracle, one hits frontpage, Geez! That's like the 9th wonder of the world.
Re: What's So Special About Making Nairaland's Front Page?! by shorxynla(m): 9:52pm On Dec 28, 2013
Hmmmm

@psky got your points!!!
Re: What's So Special About Making Nairaland's Front Page?! by shorxynla(m): 10:02pm On Dec 28, 2013
Vivly: To some bloggers who post celebrities ish, trends, whatever with 'source' to back their post, making front page is no big deal. But, to some who create random threads and then by miracle, one hits frontpage, Geez! That's like the 9th wonder of the world.
Vivly: To some bloggers who post celebrities ish, trends, whatever with 'source' to back their post, making front page is no big deal. But, to some who create random threads and then by miracle, one hits frontpage, Geez! That's like the 9th wonder of the world.

Yeah am a tech blogger and am not suprise wheather I see any of my post on frontpage or not, but some people take personal interest in Nairaland Front page!
Re: What's So Special About Making Nairaland's Front Page?! by Nobody: 10:03pm On Dec 28, 2013
@psky , Thanks for your enlightment . . Was about creating a thread to actually unravel the mysteries behind the epidermic of seemingly "meaningless" Topics that makes "frontpage"
But please How many comments Guarantees you to making the FP ?
Re: What's So Special About Making Nairaland's Front Page?! by pendusky(m): 10:24pm On Dec 28, 2013
vizkiz: i tink d reason y z cuz dey feel *my topic/post is siqnificant n wuld b seen by loads of peeps*

correct answer! op can u see this?

(1) (Reply)

How To Make At Least 50k Via Bulk Sms As A Beginner / HILARIOUS: How Do You Call Your Nigerian Partner In Public?? / Why Do Some Me Touch Their Chest After A Hand Shake.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.